Passed Alliance forums sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal:
For leader founders, and maybe forum moderators (in the alliance) have sticky threads in alliance forums. If you don't know what a sticky thread is its a thread that always stay on the top. In the Grepolis forum there is a thin line separating the normal and sticky thread.

Have you Checked the 'Do not suggest list/previously suggested ideas' in the 'Archive'
Yes

Reason:
Sometimes there are important notices that you want everybody to see, but don't want it to be flooded out by other threads. Even if its marked important it will eventually get flooded out in big alliances.

Details:
A forum moderator, founder or leader can sticky the thread.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
It won't effect any other game feature as far as I know.

Abuse Prevention:
If the wrong person is elected fm or leader they can flood the forum with sticky threads. This can be stopped by limiting the amount of sticky threads in one forum.

Summary:
It would revolutionize alliance forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser18132

There is an IMPORTANT button, which is at the top, so I'm afraid yours is gonna be another FAILidea.

DeletedUser

I'm all for the idea that only a forum moderator or higher can mark the thread important. Many people when posting a support request will choose to select important which means those that might post later on will have their threads appear on page 2.

Disclaimer: This might already be the case. I have not been invited to be an alliance forum moderator since I deleted all the spam and left the forum empty.

DeletedUser

Disclaimer: This might already be the case. I have not been invited to be an alliance forum moderator since I deleted all the spam and left the forum empty.

rofl
i dont like this idea either

DeletedUser

change the idea to suggest to only allow founders, leaders, and forum moderators the abillity to make a thread important and it would be good to go :)

moved to improvements (minor)

DeletedUser18366

But it will get flooded by other stickeys. If you play your importants fair then you don't need this. If every thread is marked important it wont be a surprise if you sticky everything too. You just need to use the current system correctly.

DeletedUser

If the sticky option is reserved for mods/leaders/founders then cool, just another add-on to current auths. Pointless allowing all to make a sticky thread, leave the "important" as it is and hold sticky for the bosses.

DeletedUser19554

why's this up for vote i'm sure thaere's a lot of better supported choices

DeletedUser20429

Because any idea that has received attention normally does get put to a vote

DeletedUser

this idea received the higher number of votes, and is not being sent to the devs so it has become eligible for a re-vote

thread closed

PS: since i know a lot of people were confused about this . . . i will personally see that it gets clarified in time for wen it is put to re-vote

DeletedUser

I disagree with the need for this. Perhaps they could restrict who can put a priority, but usually if someone puts something a priority regularly the alliance kicks them. Some forums are okay to all members prioritising things anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.