Alliance Sign up for the 24 hour cease fire in honor of Amanda Todd and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Lets just have all the alliances that agreed to this agree to not attack anyone... listed or not listed. We can send out a MM to all leadership from all the small dinky alliances and fussy. Letting them know we will not be attacking them and list the alliances in agreement. If they want to backhand slap anyone of us and attack us during that time... they will feel the joint wrath afterwards.

Do others agree to this? I want to show respect and be able to enjoy my halloween. I'm guessing so does everyone else.

Good idea

DeletedUser

Some one just -neg rep me cause "nice bully comment. lets beat up on the people who don't agree with the masses. you are missing the point. sorry man." and no sig to say from who. Which his comment is all wrong, i was clearing up some one elses question! People should actually read the whole forum before jumping to random pages and neg rep'ing people cause of them trying to HELP some one else out!
Sorry to get back on topic:
Lets just have all the alliances that agreed to this agree to not attack anyone... listed or not listed. We can send out a MM to all leadership from all the small dinky alliances and fussy. Letting them know we will not be attacking them and list the alliances in agreement. If they want to backhand slap anyone of us and attack us during that time... they will feel the joint wrath afterwards.

Do others agree to this? I want to show respect and be able to enjoy my halloween. I'm guessing so does everyone else.
I agree! Great idea

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32772

A voice of reason...

If the idea is to have a cease fire, one would expect that cease fire to have specific parametres...

The parametre should be NO ATTACKS LAUNCED OR LANDED in the specific time period on anyone...period...

To take advantage of an honourable gesture such as this, by timing launches to land just after the cease fire is both dispicable and disingenuous...

As for the corrective action...all alliances should agree to punish trangsressors, whether or not those trangressors publically stated that they would honour the cease fire...

No one honouring the cease fire - to the spirit, and the letter of the specifics - should suffer any material damage from those breaking the cease fire...and those breaking the cease fire, should feel the wrath of all alliance members signed up...

Lets call this an Amanda Todd Special OP....

jmho...randy...

DeletedUser31322

A voice of reason...

If the idea is to have a cease fire, one would expect that cease fire to have specific parametres...

The parametre should be NO ATTACKS LAUNCED OR LANDED in the specific time period on anyone...period...

To take advantage of an honourable gesture such as this, by timing launches to land just after the cease fire is both dispicable and disingenuous...

As for the corrective action...all alliances should agree to punish trangsressors, whether or not those trangressors publically stated that they would honour the cease fire...

No one honouring the cease fire - to the spirit, and the letter of the specifics - should suffer any material damage from those breaking the cease fire...and those breaking the cease fire, should feel the wrath of all alliance members signed up...

Lets call this an Amanda Todd Special OP....

jmho...randy...

i agree 100% .

DeletedUser

I've sent out a mass mail to:

Pfa74; jdeoro; itsnaptime99; Livitius; joseph-laff; E.Floydian; Ballzach The Great; Vojihna; JoYKiLLah; Thugalo; Alcarin89;

I will hold you all accountable. Please honor your agreement.

DeletedUser

Welp, I've got one landing 20 minutes into that window, we'll chalk that one up to error on our part. Other than that, we're clear and good to go for the 24 hours.

DeletedUser29371

Welp, I've got one landing 20 minutes into that window, we'll chalk that one up to error on our part. Other than that, we're clear and good to go for the 24 hours.

FAIL i mean the cease fire did not even began already broken :p tsk tsk tsk

DeletedUser17088

16:00 server time the ceasefire goes into effect, everything until then is fine

DeletedUser

This is my opinion piece on this subject.

I find that most of the people in this thread at times are some of the biggest Grepolis bullies on the internet or cyber world. There are many reasons for this and I will share my point of view on why this cease-fire is wrong.

First off there is no awareness being made. Who is Amanda Todd? I had to web search it to find out. From the looks of it not only is this a case of cyber bullying but also extremely bad parenting or lack thereof.

Thugalo started this thread from a parent perspective but only from a fear stand point, he did not step up to educate us and protect anyone. He also sat back and allowed many people to claim that whoever doesn’t follow this cease-fire will be retaliated against. Majority should rule with the minorities’ interest. As an uncle I make sure I monitor my family member’s online activity and steer the young minds in the right direction. Thugalo, I do respect your position and that is why I am writing this I want to expand this subject and share more material on how we as players and people can better the cyber world and ourselves, thus creating a greater planet to live on for all.

Let’s take a look at what causes bullying; Institutions, Families, Cultures, Ones Personal experience, having power, provocative victims, and more. More times than not this comes about from someone demanding respect but not respecting another, you can see this any many threads on this forum.

You can also look at the Nuremberg Trials for some answers on this too. We all have been raised with obedience to authority or authority complex. When the Nazis went to trial for killing the Jews, many soldiers claimed I was just following orders as their defense. This denfense was not allowed, we all make our or decisions or do we. The authority complex is also ingrained in humans on the animal side. Ever heard stories or witness someone getting beat up and a large group just standing around and watching. As humans we do as a group does. If one person starts to act then the group will start to change. This is something that is good to share with others and teach young people.

This is also a war game on the internet and power conquers the weak. I get that its an internet game and thus cyber world, Yet Amanda Todd was a social website, one that her parents would continue to allow her to log into. They had the smarts to move her to different schools, but never went to and dealt with the actual problem. Getting on social media sites, taking the names of the individuals that were bullying her and talking with the parents of those children, or so it seems from the web searches I am came across. So, I agree with some that this is not the place for it. If you wanted to respect and honor victims, then I would recommend taking a vacation mode day and doing just that. There are over 4,000 people playing in this World and over 2,000 alliances. Most don’t look at the forums and most are not even informed of this or that it is going on. But a lot of people say let’s take them out if they attack on this noble day. Take vacation mode, go out into the world and interact with people. Open doors, help people, tell a joke, and many other acts of kindness. But get into the real world and make the change and honor those who you seek to honor.

Better parenting is needed, like one person suggested on this thread and others thought this person was way off base. It is a nice gesture to have a moment of silence for someone or the dead. But being apathetic and just being quiet or in silence will not change why this happened. Education and awareness will. This cease-fire does bring awareness, but does not help educate anyone on how to prevent this.
From a parenting side or family member side it is best to be a part of your family to be nosey, ask questions and support the youth of your town. Wisdom is only wise when it is shared.

What I hope people will do with this cease-fire over the next 24 hours is bring about conversation with others on this thread, in their neighborhoods and generate ideas of how to make the world more kind and create safety for the weak. I personally use this game as an outlet for violence or anger or frustration in day to day life. Which in turns allows me to be a more stress free and kinder person in my world and neighborhood; this is why I am burned that now I am forced by a few elites in this game to not play a game. That is truly what this is a game, I personally have no obligation to it, yet I enjoy the game.

I also hope that many who read this think about some of the posts they have made in this thread and others. For I have read many times where people bicker and take shots at each other, many times to the point where the Moderator will delete posts and ask people to chill out and not be so personal in there statements.

Thank you for your time,

with regards and respect,
ConkeyDong.

I wish you all the best and a safe Halloween.

DeletedUser

Wow, long speech... You are opening too many subjects and you are right in almost everything, but I don't understand why did you post this two hours after cease fire started? You had plenty of time to open discussion about this and I think it is pointless now.

DeletedUser29371

No attacks landing between

31/10/2012 16:00pm server time

+

01/11/2012 16:00pm server time

an attack can be launched, as long as it does not land within that 24 hour time frame

LOS is the first alliance to break the cease fire and it barely started... CONGRATULATIONS on semi active noobs Pfa....

Loxias Apollo has attacks landing in the time of CEASE FIRE.... we will upload screenshot eventually but everyone can check on ABP of LOS players.

DeletedUser

Wow, long speech... You are opening too many subjects and you are right in almost everything, but I don't understand why did you post this two hours after cease fire started? You had plenty of time to open discussion about this and I think it is pointless now.

Hey, thanks for telling me about this, which is my point, how am I suppose to know about this? Did someone contact me? I stopped coming into the forums because of the way people talk on them. And if I did speak up, this thread made it pretty clear that they would retaliate, or so thats the way I felt from the comments. If you go back and read through this thread from the beginning it does not have the, "yeah, this feels good and seems right, lets do this and better the world.' It instead had people concerned about the details, how it will affect them, and completely selfish. Most comments are downgrading, plus I saw it in a different thread first. and when I sort topics by last post it seems that a sticky separates to a different way.
it is not pointless, if it then this whole cease fire is pointless. You have to continue to talk about this to raise awareness. If people think that a one time go and a one time cease fire will fix everything, I don't agree. The entire thread has no one wanting to lend a hand to anyone, everyone is all about themselves and not the big picture. Reach out and talk to people. Look at the comment about LOS broke the cease fire. The guy who wrote this, was throughout the thread commenting about how hardcore this needs to be and we need to have exact times. Is he saying that if ...and someone said in Europe, they take two minutes to have a moment of silence, are you telling me that if someone coughs or starts talking, laughing, because that is their way to cope that everyone is going to turn on that person? I think not. I hope not.
The fact that this thread wants to punish someone for an attack on a world wide cease fire that only talked to about 10% of alliances and 20% of the players is silly. I feel that one could have reached out through a world mass mail and had everyone vote on it, see if the people wanted it. Right now its a clique, a powerful clique or group that has stated, yes, we will attack you if you don't go along with this.

With that in mind, if you truly believe in this cease-fire then you will help better yourself, friends, and family and use all your resources to inspire and educate the world and not sing the song of too little, too late.

I respect your comment very much.

thank you.

DeletedUser

LOS agreed about cease fire thing and made mistake. Will everyone attack them? No. Why? Because their allies will never go after them. Way of talking on forum is very similar in every world. Experienced players are provoking others because they want to have more battles and DBP. Sometimes forum participants are crossing the line of good taste, but we can't do much about that.
I'm getting your point about this cease fire thing and I agree with you, but when something sensitive, like this case of this poor girl, is posted you can't say "no, I'm not going to do this." Then you will be offended from all other players for being an a__hole. But I don't want to moralize here, and I'm sure that no action will be taken against alliances who will break cease fire.

No, I don't believe in this cease fire, but it was natural to agree.

DeletedUser

Hey, thanks for telling me about this, which is my point, how am I suppose to know about this? Did someone contact me? I stopped coming into the forums because of the way people talk on them. And if I did speak up, this thread made it pretty clear that they would retaliate, or so thats the way I felt from the comments. If you go back and read through this thread from the beginning it does not have the, "yeah, this feels good and seems right, lets do this and better the world.' It instead had people concerned about the details, how it will affect them, and completely selfish. Most comments are downgrading, plus I saw it in a different thread first. and when I sort topics by last post it seems that a sticky separates to a different way.
it is not pointless, if it then this whole cease fire is pointless. You have to continue to talk about this to raise awareness. If people think that a one time go and a one time cease fire will fix everything, I don't agree. The entire thread has no one wanting to lend a hand to anyone, everyone is all about themselves and not the big picture. Reach out and talk to people. Look at the comment about LOS broke the cease fire. The guy who wrote this, was throughout the thread commenting about how hardcore this needs to be and we need to have exact times. Is he saying that if ...and someone said in Europe, they take two minutes to have a moment of silence, are you telling me that if someone coughs or starts talking, laughing, because that is their way to cope that everyone is going to turn on that person? I think not. I hope not.
The fact that this thread wants to punish someone for an attack on a world wide cease fire that only talked to about 10% of alliances and 20% of the players is silly. I feel that one could have reached out through a world mass mail and had everyone vote on it, see if the people wanted it. Right now its a clique, a powerful clique or group that has stated, yes, we will attack you if you don't go along with this.

With that in mind, if you truly believe in this cease-fire then you will help better yourself, friends, and family and use all your resources to inspire and educate the world and not sing the song of too little, too late.

I respect your comment very much.

thank you.

If you're a leader of an important alliance you should have been contacted, if not then you will only know from your leader or if you read the forums. Being selfish does not diminish this at all, a lot of people will be selfish in this game which I think is fair as you can't trust anyone, but it was a good idea and you're making a big deal out of it for no reason?

Of course if someone talks or laughs they will lose respect , I would be disgusted if anyone laughed or talked during the 2 minute silence in England. 2 minutes of someones life to look back in respect of our soldiers lost is not a lot to ask, obviously coughing is allowed.. But no one in England will talk or laugh, I've been to 2 minute silences in the middle of shops, schools, town centres and everyone stops dead still and is silent.

It's not including the whole world, it's voluntary. Everyone 'major' alliance was asked as far as I know. If someone goes back on their word they should be attacked in my opinion. This was the condition, and everyone that signed up knew this, it's not as big as a surprise as you seem to think.

DeletedUser17088

epic wall of text and im sure you raised some valid points, I didn't read all of it because of 2 things

1) I am ignorant
2) this ceasefire was supposed to be a nice simple gesture. there really is nothing more too it

if the ceasefire fails then so what, its a game

the point is people have gone out of their way to install it and that to me is worthy of any respect. A player made event has flaws (people not adhering to the set rules/plan of action) but the extremely humbling fact is you all tried. That is what is important.

DeletedUser

I respect everyones opinions, they are all great.

I am asking and suggesting that people take it a step further and help prevent this in the future, unless everyone likes to see people die? Which I am pretty sure you all don't. That's where I feel people can take on responsibility and make the community a better place.

FOTNS, your ignorance was what I want to help educate.

I thank you all for hearing my opinion.

thanks and see you in 39.

CD

DeletedUser

More below

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helltown 5,452 Maxwell Hellion Henry kcam38 None The Darkness Rising 2012-10-31 22:23:55

Sahara 5,069 rodders2 hailsfire None The Darkness Unleashed 2012-10-31 21:49:55

DeletedUser

ConkeyDong, you're an idiot for calling our mod ignorant. Good Lord!

JoYKiLLaH, let's see battle reports. Hide defensive troop levels, republish, then post the bb code here.

DeletedUser

ConkeyDong, you're an idiot for calling our mod ignorant. Good Lord!

our mod referred to him/her self as ignorant....Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular is not an inflammatory statement like say...ugh..."Idiot"

Status
Not open for further replies.