Alliance Sign up for the 24 hour cease fire in honor of Amanda Todd and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Guess that makes me the idiot.

Anyway...people are nuking this idea. It's a simple cease fire. Let's just go with what FOTNS originally said. It's too late in the game to be making arguments. This is a gesture, not the Geneva Convention.

DeletedUser31322

come on guys lets keep it cool the days was call as cease fire and thats it ... a lot of us agreed and there is no need to start discussion about if was or was not the case to have a day like this one .

DeletedUser

ConkeyDong, you're an idiot for calling our mod ignorant. Good Lord!

I didn't call him/she ignorant, that was a statement he/she made on his own. I did say that I want to help educate ignorance which she/he claimed to have on the subject. Ignorance is nothing more than a lack of knowledge on a subject, it is not derogatory such as the word idiot, which by definition is someone who is mentally handicapped, stupid, when used as a noun. Which I am confident that I am not. Now if you would have said that was an idiotic statement to make, then that would be a more proper word use I could agree with. When used as an adjective idiot means more of a stupid statement or foolish.

Either way, FOTNS made a great statement though, about how this is too be a simple gesture and not complex. With that said I will remove myself from a defensive perspective moving forward and will work more on my point of raising awareness through education and conversation.

I respect your opinion.

thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Guess that makes me the idiot.

Anyway...people are nuking this idea. It's a simple cease fire. Let's just go with what FOTNS originally said. It's too late in the game to be making arguments. This is a gesture, not the Geneva Convention.

Again, no one called you an idiot. that is your own word choice.
My opinion was never an argument either, it was my opinion on what I felt was needed for me to feel or take part in this.
Meaning I would support it if it had meaning that I personally felt was more proper.
Notice that with all my statements I commend and respect everyone's own personal views.

DeletedUser

come on guys lets keep it cool the days was call as cease fire and thats it ... a lot of us agreed and there is no need to start discussion about if was or was not the case to have a day like this one .

Absolutely, a lot of people did agreed and pushed aside the ones or few who disagreed or again, in my opinion did not respect the voices of others.
It is great that the ones that are doing this are for it and I commend that and agree with it.
If you see my original comment it states why I didn't agree to it and what I thought could help better the awareness for this noble cause.
I am not trying to stop anyone in doing what they feel is right, but i find it remarkable that people are trying to quiet my voice or call me names, which is a form of bullying.

thanks,

out of respect for the ones who are feeling I am raining on this parade I am now removing myself from this thread. I welcome anyone who would like to discuss further with me to private message me.

CD

DeletedUser

ConkeyDong, can we not simply honor the spirit behind this agreement instead of spamming the forum with a wall of text about the higher meaning behind it?

The word "derogatory" is most often used in a derogatory fashion. If I misinterpreted you, then I apologize...but I think you're being a bit too literal.

Let's not nuke this whole thing. People are looking for loopholes and arguing details far too late in the game. This was planned weeks ago and there was little interest until now. Not surprising since the effect wasn't real until today.

DeletedUser29371

LOS agreed about cease fire thing and made mistake. Will everyone attack them? No. Why? Because their allies will never go after them. Way of talking on forum is very similar in every world. Experienced players are provoking others because they want to have more battles and DBP. Sometimes forum participants are crossing the line of good taste, but we can't do much about that.
I'm getting your point about this cease fire thing and I agree with you, but when something sensitive, like this case of this poor girl, is posted you can't say "no, I'm not going to do this." Then you will be offended from all other players for being an a__hole. But I don't want to moralize here, and I'm sure that no action will be taken against alliances who will break cease fire.

No, I don't believe in this cease fire, but it was natural to agree.

so if i planned an op today i could call it a mistake?

Here 5 cities conquered OOOOOPS a mistake sorry everyone

ok now lets move on.

There is no point of the whole thing and this is the last time i agreed upon cease fire because if no action is taken upon those who do not honor it and agree upon it for 24 hours ONLY its not like its 3 weeks.... then i can honor amanda todd with rimming the noobs who break cease fire instead of not attacking them.

DeletedUser

I think most are reading too much into this,the whole point of the 24 hour cease fire is to show some respect and too raise awareness.Also it was placed where everybody could enjoy Halloween without having to deal with attacks.
Anyway hope everybody is enjoying their Halloween.

DeletedUser29371

I think most are reading too much into this,the whole point of the 24 hour cease fire is to show some respect and too raise awareness.Also it was placed where everybody could enjoy Halloween without having to deal with attacks.
Anyway hope everybody is enjoying their Halloween.

The question is only what to do with people who were/are being disrespectful. Respect can be shown in many ways ;) we agreed on a way now we must agree what to do with disrespectful players who OBVIOUSLY ignored a direct order of their leadership.

DeletedUser

MRA alliances usually have these sort of problems,some of there players don't even know they have a alliance forum and never bother reading their mails.They could be kicked out and farmed or conquered,not that they would notice id say...

DeletedUser29371

MRA alliances usually have these sort of problems,some of there players don't even know they have a alliance forum and never bother reading their mails.They could be kicked out and farmed or conquered,not that they would notice id say...

Does not matter to me, they still represent alliance, maybe the leadership should kick them then huh?

DeletedUser17088

Few hours remain of the Ceasefire.

In general how did it go? did the majority go with it :)

P.s I am a fully grown man, no need to put he/she now :D

DeletedUser

Gotta say Im impressed by everyone. For as many alliances and players that agreed to this those are a small amount of violations. Regarding LOS's violation: It was done by a player quitting the game and Resource Compensation will by paid by me.

DeletedUser17088

Ceasefire over. some violated some didnt.

no point keeping this thread open for arguments which would tarnish the good deed you all tried to do

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.