Alliance Sink or Swim

DeletedUser5554

So it's pretty simple put the top 12 in and any one else you feel is note worthy. Then say if they will sink or swim and explain why.

Note: Pushty I give my consent to have debates here if people wish. Obviously if this thread gets somewhat popular it will spark some disagreements. I only ask that debaters keep it civil and somewhat relevant to the topic.

1. Venom 2.0- Swim: they seem to be doing alright still and aren't in any real position of hurt on paper.

2. Chaos Hunters Sink: Seems to be at "war" with V2. I'm assuming V2 is eventually going to start trying and then this whole thing is gonna go down hill. Either way long term a conflict is going to happen.

3. Black Legion- Sink: I believe are allied with CH? That pretty much explains why.

4. Truculence- Treading water: Came out of no where so no info on them.

5. Victores- Swim: pretty decent alliance at a pretty decent size they will have a say in how the world plays out before its over

6. The Deadly Phalanx- Sink: Short end of the stick in what seems to be a stacked world and already getting negative publicity. Like CH its only a matter of time before someone comes to them.

7. Foofies Unified Command- Sink: No info on them, seem to have made no splash here as of yet, and probably only a matter of time before someone finds them.

8. Platoon- Treading water: I don't know what to think of them yet. They seem alright but they have nothing flashy as of now.

9. Fight Club-USSR- Swim?: Seem to share an ocean with V2 yet are not conquered. Either those two are allied or FCU is pretty dang good at least defensively. Either way they won't be going anywhere.

10.Redwood Originals- Swim: In multiple conflicts by the looks of it but doing okay. I have them as a dark horse alliance right now and they could be a spoiler for some top dogs out there.

11. Polis- Sink: Seem to be taking hits every few days won't be long before someone wraps them up and brings them down for a huge loss.

12. ERYS- Sink: No real opponents yet some how taking losses? Never a good sign out there for a big alliance.

DeletedUser

I feel a little different from you regards to some alliance.

Venom 2.0 - Swim.

Chaos Hunters - Swim.

Black Legion - Treading water.

Truculence - Swim.

The Deadly Phalanx - Sink.

Foofies Unified Command - Sink.

Platoon - Can really go either way

Fight Club-USSR - Sink.

Redwood Originals - Swim.

Polis - Sink.

ERYS - Sink.

DeletedUser

3. Black Legion- Sink: I believe are allied with CH? That pretty much explains why.

Lol i think i've already said this in another thread but BL are not allied with CH, we have had a few skimishes and thats it, think you maybe getting us confused with the foofies mate :D

Just because an alliance does not go all out war on another does not make them allies, sharing forums and working together on ops and such is another story :)

So for the last time BL are not allied with CH, we just have different priorities for the time being :p

DeletedUser5554

What is it you guys are doing then exactly?? i'd want one of them off my front porch immediately but then again i'm a grouch.

DeletedUser

Attacking everyone in sight? BL is having insane ABP growth recently, and is slowly catching up with CH.

DeletedUser5554

Still if I was either of them i'd want to knock the other off.

DeletedUser5554

Haha oh right of course it is I forgot. ;)

So Wandle you haven't weighed in yet. What's your sink or swim chart looking like?

DeletedUser

Venom 2.0 - Swim. These guys rock, enough said

Chaos Hunters - Swim. Can't argue their abp ranking, whether they will survive against venom remains to be seen but for now they are still very strong

Black Legion - Floating because we love to sim :)

Truculence - Swim. got the makings of a powerhouse here

The Deadly Phalanx - Sink. meh

Foofies Unified Command - Sink. some half decent players but seem content to sim and sit in CH shadow

Platoon - Float, Don't know enough about them but seem to be doing ok

Fight Club-USSR - Float, again dont know to much seem to have a few good players

Redwood Originals - Swim. Doing well

Polis - Sink. dont know to much about them

ERYS - Sink. will be gone soon i'm thinking :)

DeletedUser5554

Seems on the ball and fair. I want to see the one guy who thinks V2 will sink in the near future...There's always one.

DeletedUser14786

In the next month, I predict:

1. Venom 2.0 Swim, but they've got to keep recruiting as it seems they've lost a good chunk of their original core.

2. Chaos Hunters Swim. Great players fighting hard.

3. Black Legion
BL is having insane ABP growth recently, and is slowly catching up with CH.
Wandle and ryejin had an abp contest yesterday...lol

4. Truculence Swim. Seems like a sold group of players and I expect to see them on the abp rankings soon.

5. Victores. Swim. They have decent abp and no colonization losses, although this is just one indicator and doesn't tell us about lack of nearby competition or wars.

6. The Deadly Phalanx Sink.

7. Foofies Unified Command Sink, but not until CH cuts them loose. CH is pulling the weight of this alliance.

8. Platoon Tread Water. They seem to be doing great but I am always suspicious of academies... very hard to manage quality control of academies.

9. Fight Club USSR: Swim, unless Venom 2.0 gives them undivided attention

10. Redwood Originals Swim. Don't know much about these guys to be honest

11. Polis Sink. Looks like a punching bag and can't hold on to large cities

12. ERYS Sink. Looks like an MRA... smalls like an MRA... tastes like an MRA.... just waiting for a better alliance to come by and scoop up all those cities.

DeletedUser

Venom 2.0 - Swim, If it aint blue, it s red. We have no pacts/NAPs/friends/relatives/distant relatives or neighbors we hang out with :)

Chaos Hunters - Swim, too large to sink at the moment. (Aliied with Platoon and Foofies Unified Command and god knows how many others)

Black Legion - Swim. Keeping up on ABP

Truculence - Treading Water. (Dunno them, but their profile sucks)

The Deadly Phalanx - Sink for sure, they got attitude :)

Foofies Unified Command - Sink, just a matter of time, dependent on CH and way dramatic :)

Platoon - Swim. Although allied with CH, but they perform much better than CH, they look decent.

Fight Club-USSR - Sink. Refugee Recruiters :)

Redwood Originals - Treading water (worst name ever heard)

Polis - Sink.

ERYS - Sink. Spamming MRA :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1.)Venom 2.0
This alliance is ranked 1. in every category so no need to spend to much words on that. Highly organized and lead by experienced players, alliance of friends, alliance made of players that like challenge and extremely aggressive. This alliance will be power to be reckoned with for a log time. No Pacts, no NAPs, no nothing. People are always speaking of no challenge in grepo anymore, how can there be when everyone pacts everyone -_-
venom20.jpg
OPINION: SWIM

2.)Chaos Hunters
This alliance is ranked 2. in most categories. Just lost one leader,and info we had and by looking and comparing on grepostats we see that there was some king of power struggle of some sort among their ranks which might resulted radubolovan to quit the game and by destruction91 quitting some time before, leadership of this alliance is a bit shaken, but I believe they ll regroup. Only thing that can, I say can, be a double edged sword for this alliance is that they are pacted with a second largest alliance in O44. Lost 5 and took 2 from Venom, had loses from Seven Deadly Sins to. Biggest strength of this alliance (some might say weakness) is that they have several pacts and very few enemies. What would happen if they get in situation to fight on 2 fronts? What would happen if thir friends leave them? Time will tell.
chaoshunters.jpg
OPINION:SWIM

3.)Truculence
This one needs to be watched closely. This is newly formed alliance not classic merge but this 3 have united in new alliance, so stats for this alliance is irrelevant. They have 12 members in top 10 Fighters of the world and 4 in top 10 ranking. They are growing fast but main food of their are small alliances. Some really great and experience players are there.Seven Deadly Sins,The Saints and The Wild Ones unification is definitely one of most important events in Paros in resent times.
truculence.jpg
OPINION:SWIMS

4.)Black Legion
Rank 3. in ABP, rank 8. in DBP, rank 3. in BP. This alliance has few members that I know, they are very good and aggressive but I do not believe this one will be here for long,here is why. There are 25-30 members in this alliance that know what they are doing but as you may see on the map they are all over the place, in 6 or so oceans they have their members. And several of them that have 4-5-6 cities 80% of their cities are below 4k! Clearly they need more structure and stronger leadership. They compete With 2 more alliance for O44. Pacted with them 2? Take a guess.
blacklegion.jpg
OPINION:SINK

5.)Victores
Rank 4. in ABP,and just rank 22. in DBP!Clearly this alliance hasn`t be properly tsted in true war situation, great ABPs for sure but still there are no members of their in top 10 attackers. Lack of good size alliance, coming in later . . . doesn`t mater because by the look on the map they are moving fast in O55, this will be an ocean to watch several alliances got dibs on this one, and colision with just one of them will show us what Victories members are made of.
victories.jpg
OPINION:FLOATS

6.)The Deadly Phalanx
In my opinion and average alliance. They have strong force in O56 and in O55 if I am not mistaken. Rank 5. in ABP (2.rank alliance have around 160.000 more ABP, and 1. rank around 380.000 more ABP), rank 20. in DBP. They have hard time growing without good size enemies. Academy? Please.
7.)Foofies Unified Command
Bad stats. Nothing special to mention. This alliance took most of RoD members the less active and smaller one, better players moved to Chaos Hunters, so by de facto they have become Chaos Hunters academy.
8.)Platoon
Power in O55 which they claim all of it. Many alliances are moving as we speak faster and harder in O55 Venom 2.0,Victories,wreak of broken LoD alliance still floats in O55. They started an OP on Venom 2.0 and took one city if I am correct and for an OP that was planed for a week or more can be classified as a fail. Academy? You sinked in my eyes when I saw that. We ll see how they can control O55 with 3 strong alliances knocking on their doors.
9.)Fight Club-USSR
Alliance with 4-5 good players, one of which is a refuge. No sense of honor and loyalty if this alliance just gets a chance to take control of just one ocean(do not see that happening) they will back stab anyone to achieve that goal. They follow "teachings" of Machiavelli as it is their Holy Book..Lionheart. clearly is the engine and processor of this alliance, which is the its weakest point. Academy? Even if you are rank 9.
10.)Redwood Originals
Sorry do not know nothing about this alliance so I ll pass and shoot in the dark with my opinion.
11.)The Legion Of The Damned
OPINION:SINK/SINKED depending on how you watch it
12.)ERYS
Academy? Really? Even if you ranked 12? Thats just sad, because this alliance has fantastic potential because of all the great players I see there and because of lack of enemies and my respect for those players I know and I know what they can do.
OPINION:FLOATS

DeletedUser38128

I guess you dont know much about CH . Any of you , and dont know much about leadership .

DeletedUser5554

Weren't they all TB guys from Ithica? Trust me I remember them. ;D

DeletedUser5061

Venom 2.0 - Swim - I want a crown for some reason since they won't give me black profile to indicate my superiority :rolleyes: I write swim coz if to swim means to still be here and not how good you are then mysellf and few of the leadership team plan to be here for the long term so if any old friends want to join us you can do as the server has just started far as I am concerned.

Chaos Hunters - Sink - Never thought much highly of this alliance simply coz we have different styles & ideas of how to play the game and how to carry yourselves. I do think the merge as with RoD has left them weaker than they were as it wasn't done right, which will play a huge part in their downfall.

Truculence - TBD - What a great name for an alliance and if the leadership can come together on taking the alliance forward no reason this alliance won't prosper as they are in the opposite end of the core to us so can't really see who is going to stand in their way anytime soon.

Black Legion - Swim - The reason I don't play with pacts besides the obvious, is I do what's best for my alliance and having pacts stop you doing that. If I was Black Legion I would be thinking how do I become number one alliance in ocean 44, V2 are attacking Chaos Hunters, let me take advantage of that, obviously Chaos have some horses we can kill and when that alliance disbands I stand to gain a few of their players to make us stronger for when we fight Venom. I am not hoping to change your mind I would have PMed you in-game not said it in public, just can't help saying.. you shouldn't run before you can walk.

Victores - Swim - Don't see them on my radar and they seem to be doing well on the a-baps front.

The Deadly Phalanx - Swim - I think unless The Barbarians rise fast which they don't seem to be doing this alliance will be fine. You have haters when your good or dishonorable, I am going to give them the benefit of a doubt and go with good.

Foofies Unified Command - Swim - Seem to be part of the love fest over at ocean 44 but I think they stand to gain hugely from the CH vs. V2 war.

Platoon - TBD - I do appreciate an alliance that aspires to be the best, what I don't appreciate is a need to be rude to people, its just a game. I would have used those troops that died before seeing land yesterday to take bigger cities and get closer in size of Venom then attack Venom but we will see how things work out for them.

The Legion Of The Damned - Sink - Lets leave it at that.

Fight Club-USSR - I have no time for an alliance that doesn't have a no refugees policy in place.

Redwood Originals - Sink - Too spread apart and not active, btw Redwood Unoriginals would be more original and sound cooler.

ERYS - Swim - Rim alliance have no one to sink them.

DeletedUser5554

Finally a post worth discussing thanks Daizan :)

V2 and CH are at war already? Oh dang I may have to switch to treading water on both of you because that score is somewhat close. But hey stats don't always tell the whole story things could have happened that I don't know about and it doesn't look like CH is forum active enough to defend themselves. But it looks like defense is dictating things in that fight more than offense.

@BL and Foofies while I actually would agree with Daizan's points under normal circumstances anyone saying you should join the fight in what looks to be a solid close match up I think is trying to tilt the scale in their favor a bit. Could be wrong maybe it was just bad wording or a misunderstanding but that's the impression i'm getting. Anyways i'd take a knee here unless your hate for CH is that big.

I share an ocean with DP. Trust me when I say that while they have their shining moments they aren't that hot. Here in o-56 I've had a few run ins with DP they have the talent...Sadly the talent seems VERY eager to leave as we've already received some transfer requests. They also struggle to get anything going on offense it seems like. Unless of course the team quits for a Greek server.

Redwood seems unchallenged but seeing as how you aren't blowing them out as of now i'm going to give them my benefit of the doubt and say they're gonna be around for a bit.

DeletedUser5554

Ha I think i'm like one of a few people who would be hard to get on Day Day's side in the forums right now. ;)

I gave him the credit because the predictions were pretty different and he made some bold ones down on bottom. That was no insult to other's posts of course as obviously I agreed with many of them. But there were some significant differences (DP and RO) which made it worth talking about. While I don't always agree with the guy different opinions are welcomed. If we all were on the same page this would be a boring thread. :)

Speaking of which what's your view of the top 12 dom? :)