Passed Alliance Warehouse

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 70 70.7%
  • No

Votes: 29 29.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1405

The idea in principle is a good idea, if the leaders would take a type of alliance tax from members paid into a large alliance store then when a player hits bad times and has in the past proven to have helped the alliance when needed then this would be used to benefit the player.
Also i would go along with the idea of this place not being able to be farmed from or hit in any way.

DeletedUser

Agreed, if it could be attacked then I see no point in the idea at all

DeletedUser

I can make it like 50% hidden resources if you like, If the warehouse couldn't be attacked at all this would happen:

Several alliance leaders, all within close proximity of the alliance warehouse, are about to be farmed. So they send all of their resources through their maxed marketplace to the warehouse. They dodge their troops on a farming run of their own, then extract all of the resources they gave to the alliance warehouse. These resources return to the leaders in 3 hours. PRESTO! Nothing has been lost, and the leaders, who were supposed to be punished by being farmed, get it off easy.

DeletedUser1405

Id make that percentage 75% as most alliance leaders who are worth their salt would be making sure that the warehouse wouldnt be to full as part of the job is to make sure the resources go where they are needed the most.
Id be worried about the attacks on it because of large alliances having masses of spies out there and these would become a very lucrative farm to them and this would in turn stop alliance members adding their taxes to the warehouse.
People would need to see benefits of paying monies into these things.

DeletedUser1405

So for every 100 mixed resources donated only 25 could be farmed. this is a better proposition and i would support it.
Can i ask what you would have in place to stop people taking all the resources then doing a runner. (apart from being nuked to oblivion by the alliance)

DeletedUser

I'd rather none can get farmed, otherwise just keep it in your warehouse T_T

Rael II

Phrourach
A few questions on this Alliance Warehouse:

1) Would there be an appointed treasurer to look after it?

2) Will it be defensible?

3) What about having an Alliance Citadel where the alliance warehouse is stored? Like a Capital city? There, you could put your lootings, etc and share them to the rest of your alliance.

DeletedUser

What do you mean by that?

Not sure

3) What about having an Alliance Citadel where the alliance warehouse is stored? Like a Capital city? There, you could put your lootings, etc and share them to the rest of your alliance.
A capital city has already been suggested
Answers in bold

DeletedUser

The warehouse is looked after by founders/leaders, though it would be great if there were a new Treasurer permission. That though is too hard to implement in terms of coding, and will muck up alliances, especially the larger ones.

Yes, the alliance warehouse is located in a city, so it can be guarded... hopefully the city you keep it in is not owned by a simcity player...

See above.

My responses.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I must say, your answers are slightly more... explanatory than mine

DeletedUser

Is this idea finalized? I will move it over to development discussions if so.

DeletedUser

I believe it is ready for development discussions.

Edit: Thanks for moving it Eclipse.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thread moved to development discussions.

There will be 1 week for discussion and refining.

DeletedUser

"To change the location, you have to pay a large amount: 25% of the total capacity of the alliance warehouse. That way, the change of location would be limited to extreme circumstances such as a losing war.

By total capacity, I mean the whole amount it can store, not the amount it has. So a 100,000 point alliance has to pay 10,000 of each resource from the alliance warehouse, even if they only have 10,000 of each resource in the warehouse at that time(making the relocation impossible under those circumstances). This is a way of preventing abuse of the system."

I think you've made a typo in the OP. If you must pay 25% to relocate then a 100,000 point alliance would pay 25,000 of each resource, not 10,000.

DeletedUser

That was a typo. Thanks for the catch, that section was slightly out-of-date. I will update it.

DeletedUser

That's even better, if you need to think twice. MRA's will start to fall, and then the elite/large elite alliances will take over!

DeletedUser

I'm jumping in here, so if these questions have already been answered, I apologize in advance... but since I am the spam man.....

1. What happens to the resources if the alliance is dissolved or its last member is defeated or rimmed?

2. how long does it take to get resources to and from the warehouse? The same speed as trading?

Other than those two questions I like the idea and would vote yes.

DeletedUser

I'm jumping in here, so if these questions have already been answered, I apologize in advance... but since I am the spam man.....

1. What happens to the resources if the alliance is dissolved or its last member is defeated or rimmed?

The resources are divided between the players, though not evenly. See the OP.

2. how long does it take to get resources to and from the warehouse? The same speed as trading?

Yes, the same speed as trading

Other than those two questions I like the idea and would vote yes.

Responses in bold.

Status
Not open for further replies.