Top 12 Alliances Discussion

DeletedUser

RDLM is possibly one of the more organised alliances, perhaps more then the illuminati, they keep good records of there opposition and use them well. a great alliance

DeletedUser

So are TEA :D the new aristo is a noob ive got 2 incoming attacks from him 1 is a CS its like 6 hours behind the other attack but maybe he'll send more.... well he better :)

DeletedUser

The Dark Union is down to rank 11. I think we're in war with League Of Erinyes

DeletedUser

i can't be bothered doing anythng else but update the stats, might do it later.

Carpe Jugulum
2 Fusion
3 Donkeys...
4 DeJa Vu
5 Praetorian Elite: a little higher, haven't taken any cities from us yet!
6 The Illuminati
7 420s: Keep it up ggc1!
8 League of Erinyes
9 Killer Bunnies
10 Route de la mort
11 The Dark Union
12 SWAT boys swats back in...

how did PE make the big jump?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Dam so everyone is going to double hate on me for bringing back the SWAT TEAM!!!!

(braces himself for a barrage of negative reps lol)

DeletedUser

1 Carpe Jugulum 32201072 97 331970
2 Fusion 23549795 105 224284
3 Donkeys... 21825884 66 330695
4 DeJa Vu 16108091 147 109579
5 Praetorian Elite 12506683 62 201721
6 The Illuminati 11985558 48 249699
7 420s 11745232 157 74810
8 League of Erinyes 10816506 56 193152
9 Killer Bunnies 10495051 52 201828
10 Route de la mort 9395250 51 184221
11 The Dark Union 9236922 56 164945
12 SWAT 7739465 91 85049
SWAT come back

DeletedUser

lol good to see everyone still hates SWAT, i think there the most disrespected alliance on grepolis.... :p

DeletedUser

Conquests - CitiesLost over the last 7 days, expressed as a % of the best score of the top 12 (CJ)

1 Carpe Jugulum___ = 100 %
2 Fusion__________ = 77 %
3 Donkeys... _______= 31 %
4 Praetorian Elite___ = 11 %
5 DeJa Vu ________ = 33 %
6 The Illuminati ____ = 21 %
7 420s ___________= 45 %
8 League of Erinyes_ = 25 %
9 Killer Bunnies_____ = 53 %
10 Route de la mort__ = 31 %
11 The Dark Union___ = -2 %
12 SWAT__________ = 11 %

A big gap between top two, and the rest. CJ impressive as ever.
(SW)

DeletedUser

not sure about that, we havn't lost any apart from conquering an inactive from ourselfs...

Please explain ;)

DeletedUser

LoL, well its basically the net gain in cities for each alliance relative to the leaders, Carpe Jugulum.

So if CJ conquered 10 and lost 2, their gain = 8. If another alliance only gained 4 then they would be on 50% (half as good as the best).
:D

DeletedUser

LoL, well its basically the net gain in cities for each alliance relative to the leaders, Carpe Jugulum.

So if CJ conquered 10 and lost 2, their gain = 8. If another alliance only gained 4 then they would be on 50% (half as good as the best).

So if I understand correctly, you are favoring those with more members. So us in the Illuminati and those in Port for examples have far fewer members, yet we still consistently keep most of our cities. So regardless a smaller but still deadly alliance will have a low percentage.

Keep in mind I am not putting down what you did. I am simply bringing something up people should keep in mind when looking at those percentages. However that is an interesting way to look at it.

DeletedUser

So if I understand correctly, you are favoring those with more members

Well ... its is an absolute measure for the alliance as a whole.
So yes, its saying which alliance is "gaining the most cities" ... its not saying which alliance is "gaining the most cities per member", I'll let somebody else do that !

This isn't unusual ... when we look at the medal haul at the Olympic's we don't ask how many Gold's per team member the team gets, we look at the total Gold's for the team. As you say this favours larger teams, but thats just a fact of life ! (China won the most Gold's ... but Russia got the most Gold per athlete, USA came 2nd by both measures)

Or in politic's ... we measure how many senate seats a party gets, not how many seats per billion dollars spent ! (interesting as that might be).

Incidentally a city taken from an ally counts as BOTH a gain and a loss so its net effect is zero.

DeletedUser

Wouldnt it have been easier, not to mention more indicative, to merely state the number of net cities acquired instead of making it into a percentage?

The stat as a percentage is fine i suppose but i think we could have seen this better as net cities gained considering we have no idea how many net cities CJ has gained. But other than that i like it i suppose. Im feeling generous so ill + rep you :D

DeletedUser

Conquests - CitiesLost over the last 7 days, expressed as a % of the best score of the top 12 (CJ)

1 Carpe Jugulum___ = 100 %
2 Fusion__________ = 77 %
3 Donkeys... _______= 31 %
4 Praetorian Elite___ = 11 %
5 DeJa Vu ________ = 33 %
6 The Illuminati ____ = 21 %
7 420s ___________= 45 %
8 League of Erinyes_ = 25 %
9 Killer Bunnies_____ = 53 %
10 Route de la mort__ = 31 %
11 The Dark Union___ = -2 %
12 SWAT__________ = 11 %
A big gap between top two, and the rest. CJ impressive as ever.
(SW)

There is so many things wrong in the way data is presented. Most obvious fault is already pointed out by chrss. Apart from the fault with the way data is calculated, how lokwulf say that big gap b/w top two and the rest. It is even easier to say that big gap b/w top and rest. I assume you are in fusion and that is why you presented it like that. I want to know how you define big gap because according to your calculation, there is 23% difference b/w first and second and then 24% difference b/w second and third. And few of them are less then 10% from third. I do not know about you guys but i can not conclude that 24% is big difference but 23% is not big difference. Apart from that colonization also depends on where you are at war or not. Fusion are conquering in O74 without much resistance and KBs are conquering in O73 without much resistance so we have high colonization score. While other alliance are at war and they can not colonize that fast.

Yogesh