Top 12 Alliances Discussion

DeletedUser

I did a rough calc a few weeks back which took alliances gains, minus alliance losses and spat out a figure based on alliance growth (so inactives were classed as no growth/no loss)

To compare them as a percentage to CJ doesn't make sense. Instead just state how much an alliance grew in terms of size over a given period. This surely is a far bigger reflection of how the game and the alliances are gaining ground on gamma.

Mix in some of Yogesh's stats about BP, and then as chrss mentioned, average points per player or number of cities per player - and between those stats you should be given something which best reflects what is happening with that alliance.

Bloody stats :)

DeletedUser

god you guys rely on the stats alot, what would happen if there was to be a sudden change in a players strategy? and you had planned out for weeks how you were going to conquer him, but instead, because you relied on the stats he attacks you first, while your offline, and has CS on the way and no one is in support range, it happened to me, but i just sniped... :p but it can happen.

The player was 8hours behind me in America, i sent all my attacks thinking he was offline, but all fool me, he dodged all my LS, and my thousands of lightly guarded troops ran into an army of biremes.

i relied on the grepolis stats to tell me when he was and wasnt online, and i even messaged him several times just to make sure when he answered or read mail but in the end it all came down to luck.

DeletedUser

There is so many things wrong in the way data is presented. Most obvious fault is already pointed out by chrss. Apart from the fault with the way data is calculated, how lokwulf say that big gap b/w top two and the rest. It is even easier to say that big gap b/w top and rest...

Yogesh, there are so many things wrong with your critique of this data, where shall I start ! Well ...

1. chrss did not point out a "fault" in the data, he actually clarified what the data meant. Thanks chrss.

2. There is no error in the way the data is calculated, the data was sourced from Grepostats, and I tripple checked it for accuracy. The source data was accurate, and the calculation was accurate, so when you say "the fault with the way data is calculated" I guess you actually meant to challenge the interpretation of the data, not the way its calculated.

3. You conclude that I didn't measure the relative performance of alliances according to their number of members THEREFORE the data is wrongly presented ! YOUR conclusion is invalid !
I had no intention of measuring performance per member. I wanted to measure overall performance per alliance, and compare them to the best alliance.
If you criticise me for something I wasn't trying to do then you'll be here a VERY long time !

4. I AM in Fusion, congratulations you got that right !

5. You had a pointless rant about "what is a big gap" !?
Its tiresome to have to argue the point when its so obvious, but here goes:
I said there was a big gap between the top 2 and the others. The gap between 2nd and 3rd (24%) is nearly TWICE the size of the gaps between any of the lower ranks (8%,12%,2%,0%,6%,4%,10%,0%,13%).
Are you using this to suggest that I didn't think there was a big gap between 1st and 2nd ? Wrong again. I do think there was a big gap between 1st and 2nd, thats why I congratulated CJ for being so impressive. But there is also a big gap between 2nd and 3rd. So 23% or 24% is a big gap, and 13% or less is a small gap. Is this hard to understand !?

6. Obviously the number of colonisations depend on who you are at War with.
Fusion are also at War with Donkeys, so some of our colonisations are extremely difficult ! But we also fight easier targets so some are easier.
But that is the nature of statistics, they are an abbreviation of reality, so it is impossible for them to tell the whole story. However they tell enough of the story to be useful.
If you have the time to come up with an index of conquest difficulty, then I'd be interested to see it !

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Seems we have 2 statistic gurus, Yogesh and Lokwulf, goodluck on sorting this one out.

DeletedUser2140

the only place that sort of stat is available is in cricket.

its called the Deloitte system. which doesn't just base it on the stats but who the stats were against.

anyone for cricket.

DeletedUser

As a born Englishman... Cricket was beaten out of us... but the Aussies and everyone else lol

DeletedUser

Loks data shows that no one was catching up to cj when he posted it.
If an alliance had 110% then they would be catching up, but every alliances percentage was below 100% meaning they were falling behind more.

Am I right here? Also was that for the week?

DeletedUser

Loks data shows that no one was catching up to cj when he posted it.
If an alliance had 110% then they would be catching up, but every alliances percentage was below 100% meaning they were falling behind more.

Am I right here? Also was that for the week?

Yes you are correct. However the only way that would happen is if CJ was slowing down. And theoretically, CJ should be growing the fastest since they are the biggest.

DeletedUser

they are also the ones being attacked the most now, which means they have more bps, to grow faster, to conquer faster, to win faster.

DeletedUser

they are also the ones being attacked the most now, which means they have more bps, to grow faster, to conquer faster, to win faster.

True but being the biggest in terms of average points also means that you need more CP per city, all in all, it's difficult to give an accurate judgment because there are so many factors to be considered.

DeletedUser

Name Points Players Average points
1 Carpe Jugulum - Well deserved 1st
2 Fusion - don't know much about them :(
3 Donkeys... -Losing ground!
4 Praetorian Elite - Ommmm Nommm Nommm tastes great less filling!
5 DeJa Vu - don't know much about them (didn't I do this once before!)
6 420s - HHHHMMMMM!!!! What can I say??? ******* Nope can't say that.
7 The Illuminati - Good
8 Killer Bunnies - I like the bunny so cute *ouch darn damn thing bit me* :p
9 League of Erinyes - Don't know much about.
10 Route de la mort - Working our way up the boards.
11 The Dark Union - Who?
12 SWAT - Damn I thought we swated the SWAT oh wait that was just in our ocean.

Just my two cents worth.

DeletedUser

Name Points Players Average points
1 Carpe Jugulum - Well deserved 1st
2 Fusion - don't know much about them :(
3 Donkeys... -Losing ground!
4 Praetorian Elite - Ommmm Nommm Nommm tastes great less filling!
5 DeJa Vu - don't know much about them (didn't I do this once before!)
6 420s - HHHHMMMMM!!!! What can I say??? ******* Nope can't say that.
7 The Illuminati - Good
8 Killer Bunnies - I like the bunny so cute *ouch darn damn thing bit me* :p
9 League of Erinyes - Don't know much about.
10 Route de la mort - Working our way up the boards.
11 The Dark Union - Who?
12 SWAT - Damn I thought we swated the SWAT oh wait that was just in our ocean.

Just my two cents worth.

I think our founder, Erradoor isn't active in forum.

DeletedUser

1 Carpe Jugulum - Fighting a 3 fronted war and kicking ***, great alliance
2 Fusion - Deserve to be 2nd hope they can keep improving
3 Donkeys... - down but not out, probably the best alliance gamma has had
4 Praetorian Elite - the merge has put them up the ranks, Dont think they are real top 5 material though
5 DeJa Vu - trimming down and becoming more effective
6 420s - biggest MRA in the top 12, wont be shifted easily
7 The Illuminati - should be ranked higher, 1 of the best alliances
8 Killer Bunnies - their expansion looks limited will be interesting to see what happens if they run into another top alliance
9 League of Erinyes - Should be in the top 5, very well organised
10 Route de la mort - looking better and better with every fight they get in
11 The Dark Union - getting bullied out of 036 and now on the run in o46
12 SWAT - still in the top 12 despite their lack of members by their standards

DeletedUser

1 Carpe Jugulum: Will they budge?
2 Fusion
3 Donkeys...
4 The Illuminati: back at four after having a unpleasant stay at 7
5 Praetorian Elite: gone up to five...
6 420s
7 DeJa Vu
8 Killer Bunnies
9 League of Erinyes
10 Route de la mort: Going strong ;)
11 The Armistice Foundation: Liked their old name more
12 Semper-Fi: Worked their way back, and trimmed up a bit. Average is Ok at just over 100'000...

DeletedUser2663

CJ - Will be here for a very long time.
Fusion - Solid. we aint going anywhere
Donkeys - falling, slowly but surely. Great bunch no doubt about it but its only a matter of time
The illuminati - back to a position they deserve. a turn of the tables for DJV i must say.
Praetorion Elite - dont know much but seem to be worthy of their spot
420's - Very impressive staying power.
Deja Vu - will be interesting to see what happens here now
Killer bunnies - Solid, but im dissapointed at their results with Drac. i would honestly expect them to take him out a little bit faster.
League of Erinyes - Seem kinda quiet lately. Would like to hear em make some more impact.
Route de la Mort - Seem from my view to be a very good bunch, definatly worth watching
The Armistice Foundation - like donkeys they are falling, slowly but surely
Semper-Fi - good to see them back in the top 12 with much better stats than they used to have. Seem to be a semi decent bunch now, unsure of their skill however

DeletedUser

CJ - Will be here for a very long time.
Fusion - Solid. we aint going anywhere
Donkeys - falling, slowly but surely. Great bunch no doubt about it but its only a matter of time
The illuminati - back to a position they deserve. a turn of the tables for DJV i must say.
Praetorion Elite - dont know much but seem to be worthy of their spot
420's - Very impressive staying power.
Deja Vu - will be interesting to see what happens here now
Killer bunnies - Solid, but im dissapointed at their results with Drac. i would honestly expect them to take him out a little bit faster.
League of Erinyes - Seem kinda quiet lately. Would like to hear em make some more impact.
Route de la Mort - Seem from my view to be a very good bunch, definatly worth watching
The Armistice Foundation - like donkeys they are falling, slowly but surely
Semper-Fi - good to see them back in the top 12 with much better stats than they used to have. Seem to be a semi decent bunch now, unsure of their skill however

They have yet to take a city with a wall:cool:
draculasheircoatofarms.png

They have also finally figured out that they cant win unless they take out my 3-4k cities which they have finally discovered arent defended, never were and never will be. They are on day 12 and their attacks have basically died down to nothing.https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8JQOX9k0g0zMDhiOTFiNmEtNTU0Ni00MzZiLTlkNzctOTZkMDhlZGMzMmIz&sort=name&layout=list&num=50
For those who havnt seen it already. I am thinking about writeing a small article detailing the war, something like the creative writeing thing they did detailing their experience on grepolis.

Last edited by a moderator:

vincaocao

Phrourach
Carpe Jugulum: Very solid showing no signs of losing strength.
Fusion: The lead against the Donkeys just gets stronger.
Donkeys...: Some of the best members are in their alliance but they are falling, but not in a long time though.
The Illuminati: Hold on to 4th spot!
Praetorian Elite: After the merge it gave them a top 5 spot.
420s: Still holding on and ggc1 only gets better.
DeJa Vu: Not as much members as before so they drop to 7th.
Killer Bunnies: Steadily rising and don't be surprised if they reach the top 5.
League of Erinyes: Comfortable in the top 12.
Route de la Mort: They're on the route to excel in the rankings!
The Armistice Foundation: I seriously don't know which alliance name they were before.
Semper-Fi: Rise to the top 12 but they'll fall out of the top 12 soon.

DeletedUser6812

1 Carpe Jugulum - Top alliance for many reason
2 Fusion - Superb alliance, great team.
3 Donkeys... Still some great players, but rest dragging them down.
4 The Illuminati - Awesome merge! A great alliance just got a lot stronger
5 Praetorian Elite - Original Pe was good, merge has been a bad bad move.
6 420s - <3 Ggc, rest should give me free Bp's for not farming them :D
7 DeJa Vu - No contact, Got 15 polis in my ocean which will have to go however
8 Killer Bunnies - <3 the fluffy Rabbits!
9 League of Erinyes - Scared of Alph! :( But great alliance
10 Route de la mort - <3 our neighbours in the north, great things will happen for them.
11 The Armistice Foundation - Not dead yet? soon will be I think :D
12 Semper-Fi - still alive? What? How?