Top 12 Alliances Discussion

DeletedUser

You want to know what else is funny? How your OWN members have actually gifted us their cities rather than their own glorious alliance. So your spy's are giving you their cities. Pfft!

The Illuminati - Ivory can't seem to sant how awesome we are :D

mmmmm Chrss there are about 5-6 of you that just might just fit awesome. The others that you were expecting to become.... are failing you. That and the normal attrition through time.....:eek:

While those that are being nurtured here, are starting to become. Just ask the dark lord nightly... :cool:

SmartCat.jpg

DeletedUser

mmmmm Chrss there are about 5-6 of you that just might just fit awesome. The others that you were expecting to become.... are failing you. That and the normal attrition through time.....:eek:

While those that are being nurtured here, are starting to become. Just ask the dark lord nightly... :cool:

I don't think it's that hard when the island the city is on looks like this.

2047064952.png

DeletedUser

the last of the MRA legacy lol
Metal, i often agree with your posts and judgement. Not this one, though.

What i am about to say below is not directed at you. I am just using your quote so my post doesnt look like it's coming out of the blue. :p

I don’t give an opinion here not because I don’t have one, but because most likely it will be off the mark.
I know this may stir a bit of controversy here, but it’s the first time I post in this post and it will not be about my own opinion.

I’d rather speak about the general trend of the posts. It’s no secret that “the game” and “the forums” are two different things, but still they are very much related.
A thread about “why the neighbor of the above poster is a n00b” has nothing to do with the game and it’s about fun.
But a thread about opinions on an alliance that exists in the game, should refer somehow to the reality of that alliance.

However, only a handful of those posts come somehow from some basic research on facts, while the majority of the opinions are created by reading other posts. One wrong opinion will make two, four, and twenty and after that is a snowball effect.

According to the forums, Déjà vu(former Parthenon), 420’s, are MRA.
Is that correct?
Well, they used to be and they were rightly branded as such. Every post about them since the dinosaur’s area was about bashing their MRA status. These posts followed each other, because if the majority says so, it must be so.
A long time has passed and these alliances changed leadership, reformed or changed their idea about a proper working way of leading an alliance. They no more Recruit en Masse, but they are still MRA.
Why is that so?
Because the opinions given here, are not own opinions. Most often they are “jumping on the bandwagon” of the other’s opinions. Majority of the opinions are influenced or formed but what the majority says.

If I were to gang up 5 poster here (hypothetically) and make them post every day, “The Iluminati are MRA”, I bet you that in no time, those 5 posters will become 10 and if we were to judge by the forums, one of the best run alliance in gamma will “be” MRA.

I just picked 420’s as the best example of forum-influenced opinion.
One can rightfully argue that they don’t have the strictest recruitment policies, or that they average performance is not distinguished when you see their conquers.
One can have or not respect for the way they run their business and that depends on personal opinions but there are other names to describe it.
MRA is not the right term.

Below is the Player gains ranking of the last 28 days and 420’s are not there.

Time period in days: 28
Rank Alliance Gains

1 THE 300 SPARTANS 100
2 Plures Ut Unum 93
3 Peace 92
4 Titans 86
5 Titanus Et Aegean 78
6 Sentinels of Valhalla 74
7 Ghosts Of The Gods 69
8 Chaos Rising 66
9 Hacadaemus 66
10 knights of christ 63
11 SWAT academy 62
12 Aquila 59
13 The Warriors of Gamma 58
14 League of Warriors 58
15 Flaming Skull Of a Eagle 56
16 City States of Power 56
17 The Revolutionaries 46
18 Epsilon 45
19 super sayians 44
20 Olympians 44

DeletedUser

According to the forums, Déjà vu(former Parthenon), 420’s, are MRA.
Is that correct?
Well, they used to be and they were rightly branded as such. Every post about them since the dinosaur’s area was about bashing their MRA status. These posts followed each other, because if the majority says so, it must be so.
A long time has passed and these alliances changed leadership, reformed or changed their idea about a proper working way of leading an alliance. They no more Recruit en Masse, but they are still MRA.

Very much agreed klevito. But I only quoted this section because, I have said on many occasions they have dropped their MRA tag in my eyes. And as for after...others changed their opinions :D

DeletedUser

Very much agreed klevito. But I only quoted this section because, I have said on many occasions they have dropped their MRA tag in my eyes. And as for after...others changed their opinions :D

Chrss, I have to give you credit in this one, you expressed your change in opinion publicly and in time most others changed their view as well.

However, It only proves klevito's point to an even deeper extent. The opinion of just one well respected peep can influence so many others, to such a degree (true or not) that it becomes moot.

I must say, that I for one, would not want that kind of power.
I am just too corruptible.

SmartCat.jpg

DeletedUser

I actually disagree strongly with Klevito.

Being an MRA does not necessarily mean that you stay in the top rankings of recruiting, but it also encompasses who you recruit, how you recruit, and where you recruit.

[Jeff Foxworthy Voice]
If you are recruiting people in oceans you do not have a strong presense in. . .you might be an MRA.
If over 70% of your alliance members falls below the average points of your alliance. . you might be an MRA.
If you ask for support, and somebody sends less than 100 settlers to answer the call. . .you might be an MRA.
If less than 20% of your alliance participates on the internal forums. . you might be an MRA.
If someone asks to join your alliance and you immediately send them an invite. . you might be an MRA.
If YOU have nevER turned an applicant DOWN. . .you JUST might be . . an EM AR Ay.
If your alliance gains more points by recruiting, than by conquering. . .you might be. .an MRA.

And. .

If I look at a map, and I can't tell where your territory starts and stops. . . .then you just may be. . .an MRA.
[/Jeff Foxworthy Voice]

Simply the stoppage of recruiting players does not allow for you to remove "MRA Status." MRA status has more to do with just "massively recruiting." It also has to do with the caliber of players that are recruited. And the occasional purging of dead weight. 420's has a lot of dead weight, so in my mind they are an MRA. TeA was always an MRA. SWAT, Semper Fi, 300 Spartans (who actually stopped sending me pact requests. . .so apparently one of their members lurks on these boards.) . .are all MRA's.

A lot of Alliances usually start by recruiting all of their neighbors, but through attrition, conquering, purging, merging, and losing players. . they can mold into an actual alliance. It's the one's that skip some of those steps. . .namely the purging and conquering. .that get the perpetual MRA status.

Asperon Thorn

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

^ ^ ^

What Mr Thorn Said ;)

Many are quick to jump on the MRA bandwagon especially where numbers are concerned - but the big problem with larger alliances is normally activity! If you can get people working together, and organised, then numbers aren't the issue - but more what ocean do you head too first.

Maybe because Gamma is such an old world now, many of the bigger alliances have trimmed down their numbers due to older inactives etc - but alliance numbers can be as big as the organisation can really work to.

DeletedUser

rankings, Alliances, number of players, average points per player.

1 Carpe Jugulum 93, 327453
2 Fusion 100, 220947
3 Donkeys... 67, 322364
4 DeJa Vu 146, 108202
5 The Illuminati 49, 241800
6 INCOGNITO 64, 167234
7 420s 156, 67744
8 League of Erinyes 55, 190729
9 Killer Bunnies 51, 194694
10 The Dark Union 53, 171355
11 Praetorian Elite 47, 192423
12 Route de la mort 51, 176797

420's have the lowest average and highest members, but that average would be alot lower If the top members were not there. Good on GGc1 for letting the newer players into the game ;)

The next would be Deja Vu with 10 less members than 420's but about a 40'000 higher average points per member.

About the MRA's.... I think the most important things are working as a team, being grouped together everywhere.

If an 300 member alliance somehow worked together for the same cause very well and were all covering the same oceans I would not regard hem as an MRA. Pshh thats not going to happen though ;)

DeletedUser2663

good point klev, my post isnt really calling them a MRA, but rather the last of the MRA legacy. what i mean by that is back in the times where MRA's were everywhere. DJV is not an MRA now, the pantheon always was though just to clarify. Gamma used to have many mra's like semper fi 420's swat and numerous others that have come and gone. out of all the original MRA's 420's are the last ones standing on the top 12 rankings, so i guess we could call them the best MRA lol.

apart from this i am sad to say i agree with Asperon Thorn ( first time i can think of that this has happened lol)

DeletedUser

i think SWAT is the only MRA thats still stuck around this whole time.

DeletedUser

@ Asperon Thorn

It was maybe a mistake to include the player gains ranking, because the point of my post was diverted.
As i said at the beginning of my post, i wasn't giving an opinion on 420's, nor discussing what qualifies as an MRA.
I was merely drawing attention to the fact that most posters here don't do their homework before giving an opinion on other alliances. Many of them are simply "copying" someone's homework that sometimes it was done months ago.

The only problem is that the exam "questions" have changed, but not the "answers".

This point can also be made about many other opinions, not just about MRA
You will find a lot of opinions here that go like this:

[ally]300 shreks[/ally] - never heard of them.

It shows that some other people need to comment first, so that the poster can have his "own" opinion.

DeletedUser7213

What qualifies you to judge on how people derive their opinions Klevito? We live in a capitalist world, built on making people copy each other and globalising our values, and you expect people to have an actual opinion? One formed using their own initiative?

Lighten up a bit, this isn't an ultra important aspect of life upon which we all depend, right? Or am I in the wrong forum.

DeletedUser

What qualifies you to judge on how people derive their opinions Klevito?

Hi Leejg.
Nowhere in my post did i judge the source of opinions......of anyone. You may have misunderstood my post.
It's just an observation.

We live in a capitalist world, built on making people copy each other and globalising our values, and you expect people to have an actual opinion? One formed using their own initiative?

I don't see how living in a capitalist world contradicts the necessity for doing better, different than copying each other. So yes, i do expect people to have an actual opinion.

Lighten up a bit, this isn't an ultra important aspect of life upon which we all depend, right?

No it isn't, but what makes you say it?
:)

DeletedUser7213

Well, your "observation" pretty much looks like a judgement to me. Perhaps you claim it as an observation, but it is clearly a tacit judgement.

As for the capitalist reference, well, it encapsulates the mindset. People are driven to being the same, or into boxes, if you will by capitalist society. That follows through in virtual reality because people are informed by their surroundings, no? So, I am saying that people, in capitalist societies, aren't taught how to think for themselves, so they plagiarize.

Your post makes it seem like this is ultimately important, when in fact, half of what is in the forum is irrelevant and wholly unimportant to anything. So, my point is, who cares if people decide they want to plagiarize? Surely they can choose how they do things.

DeletedUser6812

1 Carpe Jugulum - BP whores
2 Fusion - Imba alliance, definatly deserve no.2
3 Donkeys... - still dying, some awesome players still
4 DeJa Vu - No real contact, however you have 15 cities in my ocean (for now!)
5 The Illuminati - Awesome team
6 INCOGNITO - 1-2 good players but too much trash (will go out with a bang)
7 420's - all about gcc
8 League of Erinyes - Awesome alliance
9 Killer Bunnies - <3 Kb's!, will love you more if you kill that incognito pocket :p
10 The Dark Union - no contact
11 Praetorian Elite - Good team, shame they chose the wrong side :D
12 Route de la mort - <3 RDLM - getting stronger and stronger

DeletedUser2663

According to grepostats Rdlm have only ever lost 3 cities

hmm thats pretty good. Who have the vsed in the past though? they are a rim alliance so they may of met very little resistance. Or i could be completly wrong and they could be that awsome lol!

DeletedUser

That is pretty good eh!

DeletedUser

I was in command of the BnM squad the took the onl rdlm city ;)
BnM just couldn't pull through. At all :(

When the war started BnM were 10th, 11th and rdlm were 43?
Boy that changed...

420's have gone up one rank, past incognito.
we have to give them some credit atleast ;)