Top 12 Alliances Discussion

• Thread starter DeletedUser15202
  • Start date

DeletedUser42258

Every time I read one of these I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. "I get no respect." haha

Victorians have been painted in a bad light every time. oh well.

Besides AoA please name me one other alliance that has lately taken down a top 10 alliance? Have Death
Squad ?

Zach - Victorian took out Poseidons Trident. They were rank #8

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't get mad because I looked at your alliance and rated it lower.

I think you are a bit too proud of being #1 on points, but your battle stats are weak overall. Prove you can fight a major alliance. There is nothing impressive above the top 7 right now. Honestly, there are some that are quite questionable on fighting skills with their stats even above that mark.:pro:

Very seldom do i get mad, and certainly I do not get mad playing a game which I use to pass some idol time.

Overall points mean very little to me, if you had ever questioned me on this you would know that, so I am not overly proud of it. Although what i will say is that I am proud of my alliance and that we deserve and have earned to be were we are.

And i will say the same back to you about fighting a major alliance. We took on a good alliance and beat them, going about our business while in the meanwhile I hear yap yap yap about Death Squad, who have done next to nothing themselves. Just took a look over the last few pages of your greposats and I see literally nothing to back up your words besides an idle conquest here and there and a few losses to peoples rebublik.

PS Just checked out your own personal stats which tells me just about all I need to know about you as a leader. 'Leading' from the back, simming away despite all these 'weak' alliances and easy bp around. Figures.

DeletedUser

I was one of the leaders who took out Spartans and they and their 4 alliance MRA were #2 after HaP once. Point is, I am not impressed by MRA alliances or ones that haven't taken down a massive alliance. At this point, #7 or higher is the most that matters.

I was fair in my assessment and impartial. If you have high ABP and low DBP or just basically look like you are simming along, I will call you on it. It means you have easy fights against people who don't fight back. It's even a worse assessment if you have high DBP and low ABP, that means you are getting killed.

I did rate my alliance highly, but we have better overall stats than both Grim and IO. Both of those alliances have to fight first and brag later. AoA has done it's work and so have my players. Prove me wrong and I will give you a cookie!

:pro:

Edit: BTW, we aren't losing to PR. They are losing cities left and right right now and don't have any LS left to break sieges with. They are pretty much getting destroyed.

CC took a city or two from a spy that handed the cities to them, but we are busy taking the rest. I really don't think your sources are giving you proper information. The stats are speaking, not anyone's bluster!

Edit: Also, I must say, I did an honest analysis and mentioned overall points first, but my main analysis criteria were based on stats on ABP vs. DBP. Do a better job on the analysis and I will appreciate it, but until then, I think my analysis stands as the definitive one at the present.

I like you Zac, but I will call your alliance on being point mongers with little fighting proven. The top alliances I named are the top alliances for war fighting, not simmer points. I really don't care what you recruit. I care what you can do. I am your friend, but your alliance doesn't look strong yet. Kill someone really big first. Only the top 4 look viable right now, but there are some hungry alliances coming up. I have one I am working with that could end up top 10 in a couple weeks and they aren't MRA either. I ranked IO #4 for one reason, the overall points, but honestly, the battle stats dropped you 3 ranks. Either step up and get some real wars on, or you won't have a chance against the other top 3 including GH. They look better than your MRA and their MRA needs it's fat cut also. Heck, I like AoA and called them a semi-MRA that needs to cut it's fat, so I will not accept your analysis on any other alliance. I rated AoA higher than my own alliance, so if I say MRA time is over, you better believe it is over.

Either cut your fat or it will be cut for you guys and gals. There is no more room for MRA alliances on this server.

All MRA alliances must consolidate for one reason, the rest of us are coming for your cities and we don't care anymore if you think you are big and shouldn't be attacked. We are coming for your simmers and we will take their cities at will.

DeletedUser

The MRAs are done. AoA is getting leaner and the rest of you are being eaten alive by alliances that already trimmed the fat. You have no choice. I have made my point and this second post is making it clear.

There is no more room around the core for MRA alliances, either get with the program or be eaten!

Edit: Ravens Gate got a good report because they are eating up simmers just like we are over in Death Squad. Simmers are having cities taken daily now and even big alliances are just being eaten and dropped like empty corpses. There is no debate to be had on this. If you have dead weight, you need to get rid of it soon or go the way of the Spartans.

DeletedUser

This isn't me spouting out dung. I made a fair assessment. Can you quote one single statistic that refutes my assessment? I looked at the stats within an hour of my posts, so nothing has changed much since then. If anything, my alliance looks even better and some others are looking worse at this point since the ones I criticized are losing cities every day.

Get real and stop being insulting. This is a conversation for serious players to discuss what is happening, not for bullies to argue about how tough they might be. The stats are saying exactly what alliances are tough and which are simming and barely fighting.

You can't argue against my analysis, so stop talking like you are tough. I did you a favor by speaking the truth, don't argue with the stats. You can't argue against the stats!

DeletedUser

If you have high ABP and low DBP or just basically look like you are simming along, I will call you on it. It means you have easy fights against people who don't fight back.

I love it when people fill in their own criteria. Masterful King everybody:

Rank 69 overall points
Rank 192 ABP
Rank 627 DBP

DeletedUser39847

What I find interesting is a few weeks ago MK insulted AoA and every other alliance calling everyone but NG simmers...now your sucking up to any alliance that has a CS in range.

Honestly make up your mind an pack away the violin...

DeletedUser

well it got a little repetitive after a while and there was no real review of the top 12 - you just decided to slag all the names off.

if you must know the origins of the name Angels of the Apocalypse it is because most of came over here and founded the alliance from the Omega server where we named the alliance Apocalypse. most of us also liked the epic archangel type cgi images on the internet so thats how we chose are name. Wings is a twist on Angels and angels have wings.
and you cant base an alliances skill by their name, that is completely naive and childish, just saying.

a grimoire is a spell book of dark magic.

and Victorian maybe a reference to the Victorians. ie the people that under the reign of Queen Victoria created the largest empire in history.

oh and Valeria Victrix is latin. i believe Valeria is latin for the name Valerie (maybe the RL name of the alliances founder) and Victrix is latin for victorious

It. Was. A. Joke. Oh, and Grimoire Heart, is what I said it was, one of three Dark Guilds in some anime thing. Valeria Victrix was a Roman Legion, one of the legions that participated in the invasion of Britain, occupied the area that is now Chester and spent some time stationed at Hadrian's wall and even on the Antonine Wall. The legion was stood up in Ilyrica.

You might have read the Disclaimer part first and followed its advice.

DeletedUser

MK, You do a lot of disparaging of players from other servers. It is one thing to rack up good BP in the first six months of the first server you're playing on, it is quite another thing to take an alliance the distance and win the WW stage of the game. On a world with a 50-player alliance cap, diplomacy is almost as important as battle prowess. You can't win if your front completely encircles you, players from other worlds know this, because they've been there.

The point of contention I take with your analysis is you're not just analyzing alliances as the world stands now, but extending that analysis to your picks to win WW. Take your own advice and keep your thoughts focused on what you know (the first six months of a world) and don't talk about things of which you know little (WW stage).

As to sub-MRA's, the tactic is a very sound one, and has worked on several other worlds. Sure, some of them fold, others don't. It all depends on the leadership and organization and, of course, on the activity and ability of the players. In many of them, you'll find the leadership switching back and forth between the main and the sub, even players ebbing and flowing between, until there is a balance struck.

Your analysis was very good as a snapshot of the stats at one particular moment in the game. Based only on stats (as I don't know many of the players and events on this server) I can't really find anything to poke at in your analysis. That being said, it is only good as a snapshot, as are all top 12 reviews this early in the server, as things will change repeatedly over the next year or so. Besides, you made no references to rock bands, bad movies or other pop culture reference to the names, so how could you possibly hope to be accurate???

DeletedUser

I am not disparaging players from other serves so much as I am saying that the complainers on the forum seem all to be small players who just joined the server.

I have total respect for big players. To reply to swarren on AoA, yeah, I had some disputes with Juggernautz, but he and I speak on friendly terms now and we agree on a lot of principles of game play.

The fact is, my analysis was fair and you guys can call it a snap shot, but you are gonna have to do more if you wanna move up in the ranks on the snapshot list. Honestly, one reason I rated people the way I rated them is because I know most of the alliances and the ones in the top 7 have held their places for quite some time.

The recent merger of my group from Dedicated Team into NG to make the non-MRA Death Squad was a decisive move in our overall strategy as players. There are alliances that are still plodding along as MRA "Hey let's invite everyone and see how we end up" kind of players. The fact is, that is becoming a thing of the past. I identified who I wanted to work with for the next few months and with some other good players decided to merge up and make Death Squad.

As far as diplomacy goes, we have good relations with most of the top alliances in our area and are only fighting who we choose to fight. You should really stop being critical with a small city and expecting larger players to bow to your accomplishments elsewhere.

The fact is, you are now on Sestos. I am one of the alliance leaders here and you won't be getting rid of me or my opinions since I have 14, soon to be 15 cities right now. Build and prove yourself here. I understand you are underdogs and want to talk a talk that get's you some friends. I already have my friends and diplomacy far superior to yours at present.

I think I have said my peace and would like to say. I posted my analysis to help everyone see how I am looking at things. This server is going into mid-game and some people are in position to go to the end and some others are not. There are also, some well positioned alliances in the top 20 who didn't get mentioned, but they may be replacing some people in the next few weeks or months as they prove how good they are.

Take my analysis as what it is. Call it a "snap-shot", but these rankings haven't changed all that much recently except for some alliances falling down a bit and losing cities. The ones on top are not losing cities, but gaining them.

Food for thought! :pro:

DeletedUser

I should also respond to Zac's quote on my personal stats on the previous page. I have low DBP for one reason, most people don't attack me. Last attack on one of my cities was Juggernautz and he was just joking lols!

Not my fault if people are scared to attack for the most part.

I choose my fights and my ABP are much higher than DBP for exactly that reason. When someone tries to take a city of mine, then my DBP will go up, but I am in the corner of the core, so there have been plenty of people who could have tried in the past, but I killed most of them first.

I haven't colonized any cities. Except for my first city on this server, ever single other city is a CQ I did.

DeletedUser

I should also respond to Zac's quote on my personal stats on the previous page. I have low DBP for one reason, most people don't attack me. Last attack on one of my cities was Juggernautz and he was just joking lols!

Not my fault if people are scared to attack for the most part.

I choose my fights and my ABP are much higher than DBP for exactly that reason. When someone tries to take a city of mine, then my DBP will go up, but I am in the corner of the core, so there have been plenty of people who could have tried in the past, but I killed most of them first.

I haven't colonized any cities. Except for my first city on this server, ever single other city is a CQ I did.

What a lame excuse this is. Most people don't attack you.. maybe they are scared. Or maybe they simply can't find you hiding out deep within your core playing sim city.

Just to put things in perspective for you, I gained +5,474 DBP yesterday. That is more DBP then you have racked up in the entire server, and, not one of my cities was attacked. You get DBP for supporting your allies, you know ? Your DBP tells me two things;

A) You do not participate in large scale ops on enemy cities, nor do you aid in defending sieges, or aid in sniping Cs's.
B) Your hidden away in such a position that you do not get attacked. You are scared to get near the front lines.

I know exactly what your response will be to this - 'but nobody has the courage to attack my alliance so i cannot gain any DBP'. My answer, go and try and land a CS in a captains crew city. Take on Shondo, or intrud0r and support the siege. If you are successful, see how much DBP you get from holding it..

In terms of your ABP, it is indeed higher then your DBP. But by your own criteria it is still horrendously poor. 20k ABP... I have gained 6405 ABP which is nearly 1/3 of that in the last two days alone and i have barely been going full steam ahead. How long have you been playing this server ?

In one day the other week Shondo (who remember belongs to a poor and unworthy alliance) gained 16k ABP which is nearly as much as you have gained since the beginning of the server. Your ABP reads a similar story to your DBP and shows only one thing; that you hide away in your core letting your buddies like, say, Andy Moe (ranked 18th ABP) do all the work for your alliance.

And we are simmers. Did anyone hear the pot call the kettle Black ?

DeletedUser

I'll make it short and sweet. Anyone who has fought me knows I throw everything I have including the kitchen sink at them.

You say I have not been attacked because of position. You are right, there is a huge gap between me and the core, so the core didn't come after me early in the game due to long sailing times. I did kill everyone around me and as far as Andy goes, he is another officer, actually higher ranked than me in this alliance.

You don't know what you are talking about. I almost fought a war with Andy a few months ago due to NG messing with one of my player's CS's. Sorry you don't like my stats, but my diplomacy is actually pretty good!

I keep myself out of wars I don't want and kill the people I want to kill. Sorry you think I am so bad at the game, but, Andy and I almost went at it at one point, but we talked and both decided to chill out and 3 months later we are now sharing alliance leadership.

You guys like to act like I am some bad mouth guy who makes everyone angry. No, honestly, I have friends and they respect me.

I do the job of an alliance leader and I am deadly. When I send attacks at someone, they all fall within about 30 seconds and I don't back off.

Come on down and find out if you want to.

Edit: It wasn't Andy who sniped our CS, but Bones232. I talked to Andy though to work out the issue.

Oh, and I did take my 15th city today, just like I said I would, though that is going to be traded strategically for another player's city in the next couple days.

I GIVE CITIES TO MY OTHER ALLIANCE MEMBERS!!!

That's how I don't care about a given city. I am all strategy. No one city matters any more!

Oh, and my city trades now are designed to get me on our borders so I can do a lot more fighting and get more ABP and DBP. Expect my ranks to go up.

I didn't sim to my current position, I just killed everyone around me early and have had the run of the area. Now it's time to take over 3 or 4 oceans. That's what I am about now!

DeletedUser

Masterful King

Ok Masterful so you call Victorian an MRA alliance well let me just state some facts for you to chew on:

You must be new to grep you said we were loosing cities left and right while we only lost 12-15 to AOA which is really not that many.

Another thing is how can we possibly be an MRA when we:

Have taken 5 cities from Carnage Rank 8

8 from AOA rank 2

and 20+ from Poseidon's trident now that is over 40 cities we have taken from top 12 alliances tell me masterful how many top 12 alliance cities have your alliance taken lately?

:cool:

Rant is over for now...

DeletedUser

OK, you are not an MRA with 3 alliances and you just lost a war and became a wing of AoA? Victorians of the Apocalypse? So what is that? Don't tell me you are a free alliance doing your own thing, you are now a wing.

Hehe, I love turning this stuff back on you guys who argue with me!

Edit: I should note, PT offered me 10 players. I could have taken all of them if I wanted. As a fact, we are taking some of their old cities now lols! You really make me laugh. I am not allowed to say what I want to say on this forum since it's considered bad language even though it's a common internet acronym.

Tell Dave to message me and quit mouthing off on the forum little one!

DeletedUser

You call us MRA but there is still 1 major fact that you are forgetting:

We are ranked 3 for alliance fighters which say we fight alliances that hit back.

You guys are ranked 5 for fighters and yet you guys are ranked 3 that says something about your alliance masterful