Top 12 Alliances of Sidon

DeletedUser41523

We're not affiliated with "Watching" as far as I know.

As far as you know you’re not afilliated with TBD or Fractured Mollies either but anyone who’s seen this rodeo once or twice before knows that you are.

DeletedUser54708

We're not affiliated with "Watching" as far as I know.

You're not. I know the leadership in The Watchers (as TSF said, we were together in en113) and change alliance name as a small joke. Tried entering Watching the Watchers but alliance name to long :oops:

Renamed it to Gold Munchers :p Only here for the Gold hahaha

Blank Face

Hipparchus
God knows brother, I pimped him out in 124 with just 4 attacks and he went into VM. There he is in VM in the attached image hiding in the corner like a rat.

I even don't remember you and other extras. I remember real fighters like adamesi,Moros, Gar Gotti and other good players who were my solid enemies.

U just had 2 cities close to me. Your attempts to land CS in my town was really funny and your spams were useless... :)

But, wait.... U thinking that I'm rat just because I didn't have my account restarted so you can take cities without the fight? Cause you are really ain't capable of fighting for cities.

I was surrounded by the reds, you had all chances to get my cities. Your operation "CS before the start of VM" was soooo bad, you have had no cities taken from me even knowing the time of the beginning and spamming me. You had lotta chances, but seems you were too weak.

As the best grepolis expert I would like to conclude:
1) Ur spams were weak;
2) You can't fight player who is online;
3) You are noob.

:)

DeletedUser55989

1) Ur spams were weak;
3) You are noob.

This isn't my battle but its too pathetic not to jump on.
1. Thats funny coming from an alliance that spam botted me, couldn't even do it manually
2. Hard to find a perma vmer online
3. Lol

DeletedUser41523

Hi I'm Dan and I procrastinate like no other so here's day 2 rankings. I'll add some recommended moves as well.

1) Government- Formerly THINKING ABOUT IT. They've picked up Ghost67 but he's in O54 so I'm not sure how long that lasts. They have however created a bit of a gap in points for now. They're mostly concentrated on the O45/55 border. What's interesting is that they appear to be moving down towards the O55 Tyras, Temple of Hades. Which offers a 10% lightship attack boost. While the bonus is handy, the temples won't open for some time. So this move is a bit questionable but maybe they're relocating entirely? Their position is pretty questionable considering they're wedged between everybody but nobody in their immediate area is well cored so why not gamble? FLOAT.

Recommendations:
Unless your plan is to just cut and run south for better positioning overall, then its too early to think about which temples to grab in terms of founding. And if your plan is to go south for better positioning, then it looks like the top two players in your alliance wasted a lot of gold making cities in O54 and O45. The recommendation would be to find an ally that can keep heat off of them while they expand and build a core.

2) NEMESIS/NEMESIS BROTHERHOOD- They actually have a solid grouping in O45 and are positioned well enough away from any immediate threats starting out. Which is good for them because they don't really have any top heavy players and I haven't heard of many on their roster. Still, it looks like they have an idea of what they're doing so benefit of the doubt. SWIM.

Recommendations:
It probably wouldn't hurt to try to cherry pick larger players that are near by like TheLastKnight or to find an ally that could help them in the short term like Watchers, CHANT, or Phalanx.

3) Relentless/Relentless II- They're mostly focused in south O44 and will have to contend with Phalanx, Watchers, MASTERS OF CHANT, and The Creed. I think that they'll come up on the short end of things in O44. SINK.

Recommendations: I've not heard the most positive reviews about Phalanx from 124 and I could go on endlessly about Watchers. But fact of the matter is that I'll take both over this group. The best move they could make is either seek a pact with Watchers or agree to merge with either Phalanx or Watchers before BP ends. Any other courses of action just don't play out well for this team.

4) MASTERS OF CHANT/Chanters Too-
Assuming that the capslocks teams aren't allied, then their position is a pretty big mess. They do have an advantage in that in terms of O45 teams, they probably have the best overall roster. Unfortunately a couple of those players are in O44 and surrounded by Phalanx, Relentless, and Watchers.

Recommendations:
Simply put, its to try to get a pact with NEMESIS or resort to just a mass coalition in general. I think that its the only way either group really thrives in O45 the long term.

5) Curse of the Reivers/Reivers Too-
Now that the Grepolife map is on, I think that this group has the strongest chance to win O55 as of right now. The competition isn't well cored with the exception of Castaways who are pretty beatable. SWIM.

Recommendations:
I think that they have what they need to take O55. Lets see how it plays out.

6) Retribution/Retribution II-
They appear well cored and look to have an okay roster. But they have Fair Play Policy positioned up right above them. I think in the end FPP is going to beat this team out. SINK.

Recommendations:
Its a pretty unclaimed ocean. So building a solid core and positioning their better players out to fight FPP could yield positive results. Or at least allow them to grow effectively while still losing cities.

7) The Knights Who Say Ni/Knights who say ni- Did you have this group at 7? Its okay I didn't either. They're yet another O44 team with a decent chunk leaning into O54 too but still on the border. I think that they probably have the worst claim on O44. SINK.

Recommendations:
O54 is the best option. Higher ceiling in terms of competition but its less crowded overall and right now, that's the main problem.

8) Slap- I gave them the nod for O55 yesterday but now that the map is up, that's changed a lot. They're pretty spread out for whatever reason. The main thing going for them is that they're not too close to Reivers. FLOAT.

Recommendation:
Build a damn core

9) The Watchers- There's actually a case that this is the #3 team on this list right now given that Tai's and Hang's groups both landed in O45/O55 border. Historically these teams have usually combined and I'd predict that will happen again. But they'd probably adamantly deny that they're allied and even if they don't the other teams aren't really a factor right now. So lets just run with it. The Watchers are located in O44. Right out of the gate you're likely going to see fighting between them and Phalanx. The Watchers have a disadvantage in that their forward players are a bit isolated from the main group. They have a major advantage in that most of the prime food is right in their home area where as Phalanx has a rock group surrounding them and will likely have some issues sending longer CSes behind that rock group or will be forced to go through Watchers. FLOAT.

Recommendation:
Just play to their advantages.

10) The Creed-
Not much to say here. They have two players that I know of, they might have the weakest claim to O44 of all groups.

Recommendation: They should offer a merge to Watchers,when you think about it, they have greater than 50-50 odds that Watchers will accept.

11) R.T.T.E.- That they lack in growth they make up for in positioning, which is arguably the best so far in the world being that they have no major threats near by just yet. FLOAT.

Recommendation:
Take advantage of that positioning and build a solid core.

12) Phalanx- They really come in at 13th but Castaways are pretty unremarkable, its a 2k point difference, and Castaways will get cleaned up early by Reivers. So I'd rather talk about Phalanx since they have the best early fight in the world so far. Earlier I mentioned that they didn't have the most positive marks on 124 according to people who played that world but they're in luck given that the Watchers, in their various forms, have had that exact same problem but extended over the last two years. They do have some advantages in that they're well cored and the island behind their rock grouping isn't filled up, so if they hurry they could found it, they also have relatively weak forward islands that they can get control of if they check for Watchers sieges frequently, clear trips, and siege for themselves. FLOAT.

Recommendation:
Focus on growth early on both your own and your enemy's.

DeletedUser20025

I even don't remember you and other extras. I remember real fighters like adamesi,Moros, Gar Gotti and other good players who were my solid enemies.

U just had 2 cities close to me. Your attempts to land CS in my town was really funny and your spams were useless... :)

But, wait.... U thinking that I'm rat just because I didn't have my account restarted so you can take cities without the fight? Cause you are really ain't capable of fighting for cities.

I was surrounded by the reds, you had all chances to get my cities. Your operation "CS before the start of VM" was soooo bad, you have had no cities taken from me even knowing the time of the beginning and spamming me. You had lotta chances, but seems you were too weak.

1) Ur spams were weak;
3) You are noob.

But if you don't remember me, how can you claim:
1) I spammed you
2) I though you were online; you just contradicted yourself.
3) If a noob gets you this upset imagine what an experienced player would do to you? Err. You'd have to be a complete blank (Just like your name) to call someone winning multiple worlds a noob. What have you won mate, of wait, now you will say winning a world does not justify anything right? Is that gonna be your comeback?

I like how you say I spammed you when I didn't. Typical Loser mentality.

DeletedUser20025

Hi I'm Dan and I procrastinate like no other so here's day 2 rankings. I'll add some recommended moves as well.

1) Government- Formerly THINKING ABOUT IT. They've picked up Ghost67 but he's in O54 so I'm not sure how long that lasts. They have however created a bit of a gap in points for now. They're mostly concentrated on the O45/55 border. What's interesting is that they appear to be moving down towards the O55 Tyras, Temple of Hades. Which offers a 10% lightship attack boost. While the bonus is handy, the temples won't open for some time. So this move is a bit questionable but maybe they're relocating entirely? Their position is pretty questionable considering they're wedged between everybody but nobody in their immediate area is well cored so why not gamble? FLOAT.

Recommendations:
Unless your plan is to just cut and run south for better positioning overall, then its too early to think about which temples to grab in terms of founding. And if your plan is to go south for better positioning, then it looks like the top two players in your alliance wasted a lot of gold making cities in O54 and O45. The recommendation would be to find an ally that can keep heat off of them while they expand and build a core.

2) NEMESIS/NEMESIS BROTHERHOOD- They actually have a solid grouping in O45 and are positioned well enough away from any immediate threats starting out. Which is good for them because they don't really have any top heavy players and I haven't heard of many on their roster. Still, it looks like they have an idea of what they're doing so benefit of the doubt. SWIM.

Recommendations:
It probably wouldn't hurt to try to cherry pick larger players that are near by like TheLastKnight or to find an ally that could help them in the short term like Watchers, CHANT, or Phalanx.

3) Relentless/Relentless II- They're mostly focused in south O44 and will have to contend with Phalanx, Watchers, MASTERS OF CHANT, and The Creed. I think that they'll come up on the short end of things in O44. SINK.

Recommendations: I've not heard the most positive reviews about Phalanx from 124 and I could go on endlessly about Watchers. But fact of the matter is that I'll take both over this group. The best move they could make is either seek a pact with Watchers or agree to merge with either Phalanx or Watchers before BP ends. Any other courses of action just don't play out well for this team.

4) MASTERS OF CHANT/Chanters Too- Assuming that the capslocks teams aren't allied, then their position is a pretty big mess. They do have an advantage in that in terms of O45 teams, they probably have the best overall roster. Unfortunately a couple of those players are in O44 and surrounded by Phalanx, Relentless, and Watchers.

Recommendations: Simply put, its to try to get a pact with NEMESIS or resort to just a mass coalition in general. I think that its the only way either group really thrives in O45 the long term.

5) Curse of the Reivers/Reivers Too- Now that the Grepolife map is on, I think that this group has the strongest chance to win O55 as of right now. The competition isn't well cored with the exception of Castaways who are pretty beatable. SWIM.

Recommendations:
I think that they have what they need to take O55. Lets see how it plays out.

6) Retribution/Retribution II- They appear well cored and look to have an okay roster. But they have Fair Play Policy positioned up right above them. I think in the end FPP is going to beat this team out. SINK.

Recommendations:
Its a pretty unclaimed ocean. So building a solid core and positioning their better players out to fight FPP could yield positive results. Or at least allow them to grow effectively while still losing cities.

7) The Knights Who Say Ni/Knights who say ni- Did you have this group at 7? Its okay I didn't either. They're yet another O44 team with a decent chunk leaning into O54 too but still on the border. I think that they probably have the worst claim on O44. SINK.

Recommendations:
O54 is the best option. Higher ceiling in terms of competition but its less crowded overall and right now, that's the main problem.

8) Slap- I gave them the nod for O55 yesterday but now that the map is up, that's changed a lot. They're pretty spread out for whatever reason. The main thing going for them is that they're not too close to Reivers. FLOAT.

Recommendation:
Build a damn core

9) The Watchers- There's actually a case that this is the #3 team on this list right now given that Tai's and Hang's groups both landed in O45/O55 border. Historically these teams have usually combined and I'd predict that will happen again. But they'd probably adamantly deny that they're allied and even if they don't the other teams aren't really a factor right now. So lets just run with it. The Watchers are located in O44. Right out of the gate you're likely going to see fighting between them and Phalanx. The Watchers have a disadvantage in that their forward players are a bit isolated from the main group. They have a major advantage in that most of the prime food is right in their home area where as Phalanx has a rock group surrounding them and will likely have some issues sending longer CSes behind that rock group or will be forced to go through Watchers. FLOAT.

Recommendation:
Just play to their advantages.

10) The Creed- Not much to say here. They have two players that I know of, they might have the weakest claim to O44 of all groups.

Recommendation: They should offer a merge to Watchers,when you think about it, they have greater than 50-50 odds that Watchers will accept.

11) R.T.T.E.- That they lack in growth they make up for in positioning, which is arguably the best so far in the world being that they have no major threats near by just yet. FLOAT.

Recommendation:
Take advantage of that positioning and build a solid core.

12) Phalanx- They really come in at 13th but Castaways are pretty unremarkable, its a 2k point difference, and Castaways will get cleaned up early by Reivers. So I'd rather talk about Phalanx since they have the best early fight in the world so far. Earlier I mentioned that they didn't have the most positive marks on 124 according to people who played that world but they're in luck given that the Watchers, in their various forms, have had that exact same problem but extended over the last two years. They do have some advantages in that they're well cored and the island behind their rock grouping isn't filled up, so if they hurry they could found it, they also have relatively weak forward islands that they can get control of if they check for Watchers sieges frequently, clear trips, and siege for themselves. FLOAT.

Recommendation:
Focus on growth early on both your own and your enemy's.

Someone who finally got it spot on for the beginning of the world!
A good read mate, thanks.

Watch out for this team, good group-- Fair Play Policy

Blank Face

Hipparchus
But if you don't remember me, how can you claim:
1) I spammed you
2) I though you were online; you just contradicted yourself.
3) If a noob gets you this upset imagine what an experienced player would do to you? Err. You'd have to be a complete blank (Just like your name) to call someone winning multiple worlds a noob. What have you won mate, of wait, now you will say winning a world does not justify anything right? Is that gonna be your comeback?

I like how you say I spammed you when I didn't. Typical Loser mentality.

Oh. Good attempt to sting me. :) But, you need to use facts if you want to make someone mad, not trash talking.

Then

1) Trashtalking;
2) Noob-mind;
3) lack of the intellegence.

These statements are about you, your moma and dad, siblings, pets and other relatives. Then, after reading this I suggest you to do something good and go to visit your father at the cemetery. Your mom being next to him in the grave gonna be so happy. ;)

After this, I bet you should make another good thing... for the forum. Try avoiding of writing here cause there are lotta dork fools already. :)

DeletedUser57184

Brilliant, seems like I've stumbled into some experts.

I've not played in years but have just started again in Sidon and am not familiar with the key players.

Can anyone give me a bit of background on Fair Play Policy? All I know from his play so far is that he has access to his mother's credit card.

Based on Smilodon's analysis above I suspect a fair accounting might predict that my chances aren't great.

Thank you,

Corvidaan

Phrourach
Brilliant, seems like I've stumbled into some experts.

I've not played in years but have just started again in Sidon and am not familiar with the key players.

Can anyone give me a bit of background on Fair Play Policy? All I know from his play so far is that he has access to his mother's credit card.

Based on Smilodon's analysis above I suspect a fair accounting might predict that my chances aren't great.

Thank you,

fair play policy just renamed to Just For Laughs. That might give you a slightly better idea of what you’re in for.

expect to have a fight with your alarm

DeletedUser57184

Thanks, I did see they just changed their name this morning but I can't remember having any dealings with Just for Laughs either. Colleagues have however, so I do now have a pretty clear expectation. As always, we'll all know a lot more after first actions.

DeletedUser45100

Thanks, I did see they just changed their name this morning but I can't remember having any dealings with Just for Laughs either. Colleagues have however, so I do now have a pretty clear expectation. As always, we'll all know a lot more after first actions.

name was changed by mods tho lol

DeletedUser57113

fair play policy just renamed to Just For Laughs. That might give you a slightly better idea of what you’re in for.

expect to have a fight with your alarm

That won't be happening on this server. Unfortunately for Charlie, he's gonna have to learn to play this game properly without spam now. Otherwise he will just get permanently banned for spam and we all know his support monkeys won't be able to hold their own against decent competition.

DeletedUser57184

Ah OK, I tell you what then, we'll take an action to report him to mods as soon as we feel any of his actions impinged on our right to have a fun game :) A little red tape never hurts. Thanks guys

DeletedUser55100

Not sure theres ever been a hug-in like this already just two days into the world LOL,

Athena NGL II/Nemesis/Nemesis2/Relentless/Relentless2/Reivers/Reivers2/Golden, 7 pacts!! my advice is, if you are going to do it then please have some decorum, DON'T show your pacts to all and sundry - its like a grepo VPL

maddoxranger

Hekatontarch

Recommendations:

Hello thank you for the suggestion on big players we are working on it and yes we have allies whom we are working with.

Last edited:

DeletedUser57184

Ah OK, I tell you what then, we'll take an action to report him to mods as soon as we feel any of his actions impinged on our right to have a fun game :) A little red tape never hurts. Thanks guys

Just for clarity, I'd like to point out this was tongue in cheek. My defence strategy isn't really to report players that attack me. Didn't really think that needed saying but.... (one excitable person will know why I've had to - yes you, that's right, you:))

DeletedUser57161

I wish there's as much drama here as psiera. Got the popcorn ready

Lethal-Bacon

Polemarch
Just for clarity, I'd like to point out this was tongue in cheek. My defence strategy isn't really to report players that attack me. Didn't really think that needed saying but.... (one excitable person will know why I've had to - yes you, that's right, you:))

i cant wait to fight your team

This is the kind of guy to try to make a joke of it publicly but I will bet you anything he's one of the first ones to go make a ticket as soon as hes attacked more than 1 time.

Can't wait for BP to drop.

And for a little insight on us, why don't you just read the TOP 12s and how every top 12 says you will sink because of the alliance next to you.

Long live the MRA