Top 12 Alliances of Thebes

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser

in my books, lacking sanity and boom are 9/10 each.

Butter hasnt proven itself yet, so 5/10 for butter.

otherwise, good ratings.

Fair points. I mostly rated with regards to my perceptions of member strength and positioning, not taking into account what actions each alliance have done (since im sure i dont know them all). But i think its a weakness for Lacking Sanity that they are split in 2 parts, far away from each other.

It will be interesting to see how butter will prove them self

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Fair points. I mostly rated with regards to my perceptions of member strength and positioning, not taking into account what actions each alliance have done (since im sure i dont know them all). But i think its a weakness for Lacking Sanity that they are split in 2 parts, far away from each other.

It will be interesting to see how butter will prove them self

we arent split into 2 parts. we had a top 10 player migrate to us from the 54/64 border. there is actually a thread in the externals where he is giving those cities away.

+rep still

DeletedUser

we arent split into 2 parts. we had a top 10 player migrate to us from the 54/64 border. there is actually a thread in the externals where he is giving those cities away.

+rep still

Great, then you will be even stronger!

DeletedUser41656

Time for another review eh?

1. Reapers of Death - Ammon Jerro left them :D As it goes for RoD, i feel like there might be a little chaos in their alliance, and among leadership. Looking strong, but dunno what turtle is doing up there honestly xD afraid maybe?

little chaos proved to be to big to handle :)

DeletedUser22343

I know a few of the HaVoC players from Pella... they will eventually be top 3, yes you can quote me on that. Unless something weird happens like a run in with one of the other elite alliances here.. or some weird internal conflict take them down before they get there.

DeletedUser

+rep still

So you have no intention of coming into 54 then? seems a bit odd since you recruited a member we kicked for inactivity and then he randomly comes online and conquers 2 cities in 54...

DeletedUser

I can do a top 12, but it will be different then the others. I will look at composition of the alliance and the placement. In general i think its best to only have strong players (ie. at least 3 cities or at least about 10k points now) and to be positioned closely together. Having weak players, also means you have more inactive players, since there is less reason for someone with 1 city to come online, then one with 10 cities. It also means you could lose 3-5 cities from your weaker players and look like a target for opportunistic alliances. Even if the remainder of your players are strong, if several opportunistic alliances attacks you at the same time, you will run into trouble.

1 Butter 675594 26 25984 - 9/10
Alliance roster: Butter has a good composition, no one with under 3 cities, all look active. - 10/10
Geographic location: Pretty good positioning, although there is a gap in the middle right now, but nothing that cant be fixed - 8/10

2 Depraved Tendencies 571054 29 19692 - 8/10
Alliance roster: 1 weak and 4 semi-weak players, else it look very good - 8/10
Geographic location: Pretty good positioning, although a little thin in some parts - 7/10

3 Lacking Sanity 474363 20 23718 - 8/10
Alliance roster: 1 weak and 1 semi-weak player, else it look very good - 9/10
Geographic location: Split into 2, with a long distance between. But looks good exp. in the west part - 6/10

4 A Team 453343 29 15633 - 7/10
Alliance roster: 6 weak and 4 semi-weak players, probably sign of weak leadership - 6/10
Geographic location: Good core positioning, but some outliers - 8/10

5 DreadFleet 390537 29 13467 - 6/10
Alliance roster: 6 weak and 4 semi-weak players, probably sign of weak leadership - 6/10
Geographic location: Good core positioning, but some outliers and some big holes - 6/10

6 Ruthless Angels 390515 32 12204 - 6/10
Alliance roster: 7 weak and 3 semi-weak players, probably sign of weak leadership - 5/10
Geographic location: Good core positioning, but some outliers - 7/10

7 BOOM 346476 19 18236 - 7/10
Alliance roster: 2 weak players else looking very good - 8/10
Geographic location: Good core positioning, but some outliers - 6/10

8 League of Doom 343929 27 12738 - 6/10
Alliance roster: 9 weak and 4 semi-weak players, probably sign of weak leadership - 3/10
Geographic location: Good core positioning - 9/10

9 Response Error 336748 35 9621 - 5/10
Alliance roster: Lots of weak and semi-weak players, probably sign of weak leadership - 2/10
Geographic location: Good core positioning, some outliers - 8/10

10 HaVoC 304998 23 13261 - 7/10
Alliance roster: 2 weak and 4 semi-weak players, ok for a rank 10 alliance - 6/10
Geographic location: Very good positioning, looks strong - 8/10

11 Free Radicals 300178 25 12007 - 6/10
Geographic location: quite good positioning, looks strong - 7/10

12 Syndicate Of Destruction 297143 34 8740 - 4/10
Alliance roster: Lots of weak and semi-weak players, probably sign of weak leadership - 2/10
Geographic location: Quite spread positioning - 5/10

I like it, DreadFleet has/had weak participation between the members, everybody working for their own individual gain rather than the alliance's progression. Multiple warnings and activity measures taken, just some people don't listen ;)

and now DreadFleet has fallen off this list

DeletedUser

I like it, DreadFleet has/had weak participation between the members, everybody working for their own individual gain rather than the alliance's progression. Multiple warnings and activity measures taken, just some people don't listen ;)

I respect that alot! Rampant did that too...

DeletedUser22708

Who cares about this list anyway ;)

DeletedUser

So you have no intention of coming into 54 then? seems a bit odd since you recruited a member we kicked for inactivity and then he randomly comes online and conquers 2 cities in 54...

ammon i dont mean to keep making you look silly. it just happens. The player was on vacation. i had a conversation with him when he came back and he has been nothing short of impressive. so i dont feel bad about recruiting him. His first city was in ocean 54, i told him (as i have told all members from various oceans who have joined us) that he was to immediately begin conquering into ocean 44 and working his way to the strength of the alliance. which he has done.

i give you exhibit A:

AJisanidiot_zpseaf4a11c.jpg

it does not appear to me that this player conquered 2 cities in ocean 54. it certainly looks like he started there and is doing as he was instructed, moving into ocean 44.

perhaps you should concern youself more about being able to stay in an alliance for over a week, more than you worry about which members i accept. And if you are to be a busy body, why dont you get accurate info?

If Lacking Sanity makes a decision to move into ocean 54 i can assure you that your cities will be the first to know. i will probably deliver the message personally.

DeletedUser

Biggest problem was that the people that came from marathon, some were still playing marathon and were trying to juggle two worlds and never met their actually potential in this world.

Others were new players that didn't get that you need to work as a team, and for those that did help had morale drops from our inactives and players not online enough to defend themselves taken by our enemies. So overall rating for DreadFleet in thebes- FAIL.

Haven't been so disappointed in DF in any of the worlds i've played, we have either reached the top and were in control or fought to the end, this time our lack of participation killed us.

I won't be going anywhere however and I welcome anyone to my cities :p

DeletedUser

Mattr, I have a better idea!

Contact the big bad and force him into accepting you guys as their academy then rename your alliance to "Lacking Participation"

I think that may be what your members need ;) :p :D

DeletedUser

There are many reasons why DF failed, one of them was that our top guys starting to falling of, busy in other worlds, rl, banned etc etc.. some got late into the game,, lack of leadership, lack of participation, ppl think they have won the world even before it started, there will still be surprises in this world of who will gain control.. other alliances will fail for some of the same reasons. Everyone knows that the original DF was great, this was not.

DeletedUser

i expected more from dreadfleet, as it seems everyone did. I have alot of respect for the way you guys are able to admit that it just didnt work out this time though.

DeletedUser

There are many reasons why DF failed, one of them was that our top guys starting to falling of, busy in other worlds, rl, banned etc etc.. some got late into the game,, lack of leadership, lack of participation, ppl think they have won the world even before it started, there will still be surprises in this world of who will gain control.. other alliances will fail for some of the same reasons. Everyone knows that the original DF was great, this was not.

happens all the time , i just came from lindos were my mates from xi won that world, same guys different world , things weren't the same
that recipe that made the good in xi wasn't working there. Its not that the players were bad just things didn't add up like you said

DeletedUser

1 Butter - Mmmm Tasty buttery goodness hopefully we will be back up in our ABP soon, no comment, my own alliance really :D

2 Lacking Sanity - MY OH MY, great work with the merge im looking forward to seeing you guys in action with this new bolster of members, looks very promising, im presuming you all ready know no one can catch you in the BP rankings. great work as usual, theres nothing i can say that can wow Thebes anymore when i say great work!

3 Depraved Tendencies - I dont know whats going on with DT for once :S or maybe i dont want to tell anyone ;) i still see DT as one of the best alliances, and have in a way, the best leadership being led by Deathwish... although he may rule them with an Iron Fist, its been quite effective since start :)

4 Roooarrgh Ur Roo - DreadFleet 2.0

5 A Team - Your first victory, i wouldnt call it the winning of a war, but its still a victory, now you just have to fight Roo ur Roo... since they absorbed majority of DreadFleet.

6 Ruthless Angels - No idea, havent done anything of note yet.

7 League of Doom - sharing the core with A Team, i think things are going to get real nice and cosy soon. There alliance looks good and i am a personal fan of StarLegend. Good work thus far friends :)

8 BOOM - My favourite alliance. Nuff said.

9 Response Error - Theyve got 4 or 5 reasonably good players, still alot of players with just 1 city, but i have hopes for them, they started a bit late but theres hope.

10 Phoenixx - Pffffft Food for everyone in 54 along with Elite or Pan or whatever they call themselves now.

11 Syndicate Of Destruction - Pacted to__________, probably there smartest move since being founded... Not letting anyone know unless the ________ alliance would like to tell everyone :) and NO its not Butter, we have no pacts yet.

12 HaVoC - Semper Fi? New Leader? New goals? lets see how they go.