Top 12 Alliances of Thebes

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Top 12 by average BPs per member

Although i never knew onlyevil in-game, he was obviously a fighter, both here and in real life. As i've always rated BPs over points, i'd like to think that he would appreciate my view of the Top 12 Alliances, as ranked by average Battle Points per player.

So, with all due respect, i would like to share my opinion of the Top 12 Alliances:

RankAllianceBattle PointsNo. of playersAverage BPs per playerRanking by points
1Lacking Sanity 4,393,50533133,1371
2League of Doom 2,930,3223291,5732
3Depraved Tendencies 2,687,4433186,6923
4Ruthless Angels 2,248,9312880,31927
5Syndicate Of Destruction 2,616,2873574,7512
6BOOM1,744,5252862,3047
7Super Best Friends1,738,7912862,1008
8SoulReapers1,112,8111958,56928
9A Team1,711,6063057,0544
10RIP OnlyEvil from RR1,337,0882946,10612
11Sour apples1,385,3243539,5816
12Psychos1,015,2622836,25911

As far as i can see, the first Top 12 (based on points) was provided by AmmonJerro in this thread [first post, page 4 on 10th June] and although Lacking Sanity has been around since day 1, i think i will doff my hat to both Depraved Tendancies and A Team, who have both been Top 12 since the start of the server and still make it into my Top 12.

Pretty much whichever way you look at it, the top 3 alliances on this server are: Lacking Sanity, League of Doom and Depraved Tendancies.

Looking outside of the Top 12 (as ranked by average BPs per member) the next 5 to watch for are: The Scorpions, Order of Chaos (OoC salutes onlyevil), WOLFPACK, Inglourious Basterds and The Cypranos.

DeletedUser42043

Although i never knew onlyevil in-game, he was obviously a fighter, both here and in real life. As i've always rated BPs over points, i'd like to think that he would appreciate my view of the Top 12 Alliances, as ranked by average Battle Points per player.

Sour apples

Thanks for a nice attempt at an accurate top 12.
It is accurate, for the most part, and you are right that Onlyevil would have appreciated this more.

However, I would like to clarify that Sour Apples have only existed for one month, and is one of the newest alliances in the server.
Therefore, the BP you mention is only the BP that we gained in the last month :p

If you look at our "growth in BP", I think you'll find that there's a different picture.

I don't mean to detract from your efforts of course. You did do a great job, and I like the table that you've set up there.
Nevertheless, I felt the need that I needed to vouch for my own alliance, and I promise you that we are rather stronger than just top 11 in this server. :)

+rep for a great overall Top 12 though!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42618

AllianceCities takenCities taken from Top 10 alliancesCities LostInternal TakeoversMy Opinion
9. Dogs of War24000New alliance with all the prospects to become Elite. Is not fighting anyone of significance yet but when they do it seems like they will match up well and hold their own.
I don't see Dogs of War (DoW) as having the prospects to become "Elite" as since they formed 19 days ago they haven't fought anyone in the top 12. They originally formed with supposedly the "strongest" members from The Brotherhood (TBh) and Ruthless Angels (RA) to form an "Elite" alliance take on the Top 5 Alliances, but so far they've only attacked leftover members of RA and TBh and my Alliance, The Cypranos, who were pacted with TBh and who helped them in their war against RA. In the last 12 days, we've only lost 5 cities to DoW and even though for the last week they have had to get help from Depraved Tendacies (DT), who they're now pacted with, we have still managed to kill 33 CS attempts from DoW. Even with DT's help they can't take us out, so they are definitely not a potential "Elite" alliance. Any alliance who sides with DoW risks getting turned on by them, as they seem to use other alliances to help them improve their own standing as they can't do it by themselves, then once they have what they want, they will turn on you and try to take you out. They can't be trusted and even betray their own members, so anyone who trusts them, watch your backs, as they'll just find someone to help them take you out...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I would like to clarify that Sour Apples have only existed for one month, and is one of the newest alliances in the server. Therefore, the BP you mention is only the BP that we gained in the last month :p
I definitely can't begrudge you this fact and everyone has their right to reply.

There's almost an argument here for trying to figure out the best way of ranking the Top 12 Alliances. If you attempt to be subjective and provide personal reasons for your ranking based on experience, knowledge of the world and the alliances themselves, you're left wide open to each of the alliances coming back at you to point out the error of your analysis. And if you go objective, just relying on the stats available, it's almost impossible (i'm certainly no statistician!) to find a fair weighting/balance when looking at BPs for the very reason you highlight - the stats of a relatively new alliance being put up against the stats of an alliance that has been around since day one is clearly flawed.

I think the only counter argument i can come up with is that the alliances that have been there from the start and are still representing probably deserve a little more credit. So, i guess that, even trying to be objective, there is still a large bias towards longevity and so my Top 12 is skewed (subjectively) towards the alliances that haven't merged.

Maybe only time will tell and if i look at the stats again in a couple of months, Sour Apples' average BP per member will have doubled and you'll be Top 5!

DeletedUser42043

If you attempt to be subjective and provide personal reasons for your ranking based on experience, knowledge of the world and the alliances themselves, you're left wide open to each of the alliances coming back at you to point out the error of your analysis. And if you go objective, just relying on the stats available, it's almost impossible (i'm certainly no statistician!) to find a fair weighting/balance when looking at BPs for the very reason you highlight - the stats of a relatively new alliance being put up against the stats of an alliance that has been around since day one is clearly flawed.

Maybe only time will tell and if i look at the stats again in a couple of months, Sour Apples' average BP per member will have doubled and you'll be Top 5!

Yeah you're right. I guess it's hard to put everything into numbers and try to figure out the order :p
You really did do a great top 5 though, I enjoyed seeing something other than just the points to come into play

We'll be working towards that goal :D
Who knows what will happen in a couple of months? :pro:

DeletedUser

I don't see Dogs of War (DoW) as having the prospects to become "Elite" as since they formed 19 days ago they haven't fought anyone in the top 12. They originally formed with supposedly the "strongest" members from The Brotherhood (TBh) and Ruthless Angels (RA) to form an "Elite" alliance take on the Top 5 Alliances, but so far they've only attacked leftover members of RA and TBh and my Alliance, The Cypranos, who were pacted with TBh and who helped them in their war against RA. In the last 12 days, we've only lost 5 cities to DoW and even though for the last week they have had to get help from Depraved Tendacies (DT), who they're now pacted with, we have still managed to kill 33 CS attempts from DoW. Even with DT's help they can't take us out, so they are definitely not a potential "Elite" alliance. Any alliance who sides with DoW risks getting turned on by them, as they seem to use other alliances to help them improve their own standing as they can't do it by themselves, then once they have what they want, they will turn on you and try to take you out. They can't be trusted and even betray their own members, so anyone who trusts them, watch your backs, as they'll just find someone to help them take you out...

Youre not giving yourself enough credit, you're a good alliance and sniped a lot of cs's.. Not to mention, no offense, but most of you are turtles.

Also, as we formed DoW, no pacts carried on unless we messaged the alliance that we wished under the new name and banner to recreate our pacts. And as you know, there are members wanting to fight the cypranos, and some that dont.

DeletedUser42618

Youre not giving yourself enough credit, you're a good alliance and sniped a lot of cs's.. Not to mention, no offense, but most of you are turtles.

Also, as we formed DoW, no pacts carried on unless we messaged the alliance that we wished under the new name and banner to recreate our pacts. And as you know, there are members wanting to fight the cypranos, and some that dont.
I know we are a good alliance as we've proved to your alliance (we're just not top 12 status yet), therefore my point stands that your alliance in my opinion does not have the potential to be an "Elite" Alliance, as they can't destroy us, so have to a Top 5 alliance to try instead....I see you don't deny getting DT to do your cirty work for your alliance, as they've been trying to clear our cities of troops for the last week and failing in the most part too....For an alliance with supposedly "no offense" we've certainly had enough offence to clear several DoW cities of troops or are your guys hiding that fact from you.....as for claiming most of our guys are turtles...couldn't be more wrong...do we have a lot of defensive troops we can call on to send to protect our cities from CS attacks...yes....are we all pure defense....definately not....

DeletedUser

I know we are a good alliance as we've proved to your alliance (we're just not top 12 status yet), therefore my point stands that your alliance in my opinion does not have the potential to be an "Elite" Alliance, as they can't destroy us, so have to a Top 5 alliance to try instead....I see you don't deny getting DT to do your cirty work for your alliance, as they've been trying to clear our cities of troops for the last week and failing in the most part too....For an alliance with supposedly "no offense" we've certainly had enough offence to clear several DoW cities of troops or are your guys hiding that fact from you.....as for claiming most of our guys are turtles...couldn't be more wrong...do we have a lot of defensive troops we can call on to send to protect our cities from CS attacks...yes....are we all pure defense....definately not....

You have conquered 0 cities from us, your success is completely defensive.

DeletedUser42618

You have conquered 0 cities from us, your success is completely defensive.

As you well know from when you were in The Brotherhood, we have been taking cities from RA and the both of the Crusaders alliances, which we have still been doing despite the annoyance of your new alliance's 40+ CS attempts....Can't clear and take cities if you're a turtle....Just because we haven't turned our attention towards you yet, don't think we can't....

DeletedUser42618

Nope, some of us had real-life things that got in the way of our gaming, and I hardly call 8 out of 31 being half on VM though...

DeletedUser

Nice to be back in Thebes )) good to see some old mates around here still,, looking forward to a world with real alliances and real wars ;)

DeletedUser42043

guys.. we should probably start talking about the Top 12 stuff again ;)
as fun as it is, i think we're straying a little from the topic

DeletedUser

Seems that's the reason half of you gone VM

lol, seems that half of this world is in VM, whether #1 alliance or #100. I think it has to do with the speed of the world being fast, making people's lives harder to cope with the game lol.

DeletedUser42043

lol, seems that half of this world is in VM, whether #1 alliance or #100. I think it has to do with the speed of the world being fast, making people's lives harder to cope with the game lol.

I can kind of sympathize :p
Unless you stack up your cities at night before you sleep, it's hard to sleep at night

the unit speed here is crazy!

DeletedUser

I can kind of sympathize :p
Unless you stack up your cities at night before you sleep, it's hard to sleep at night

the unit speed here is crazy!

Indeed, hence why many players have went into VM, even in top caliber alliances. :)

DeletedUser

I love this speed 4 world, played speed 4 in juktas, but this world is sweet as unit builds is twice as fast....