Top 12 Alliances Sink like an anchor or Swim like a Otter

DeletedUser46395

Time for another go, I think. Doubt if this will be popular with many, but it's how I see it at the moment - apologies if my crystal ball is way off the mark, and please don't take it personally. ;)

1. B.D. Legion - certainly got many of the best players on the server, but the more merges they make, the more their internal divisions grow. Likely to be a victim of their own success, although I think they'll do fine for now, I doubt they'll make it to the WW stage. Float.

2. S.P.Q.R Empire - haven't yet been severely tested by anybody, they thrive on the internal division of opponents, and have successfully used BD as a buffer against real wars so far. I expect to see epic battles between them and Lost Souls as things develop. Swim.

3. Lost Souls - somewhat blindsided by BD over the Pit Bulls op, they have an awful lot to prove. I suspect they might bounce back very hard, and we'll see what they're made of. As above, think LS v SPQR will be epic from the end of the summer onwards. Swim.

4. Grim Sleepers - OK, credit for the name has now pretty much expired. Are they going to help their friends in Wargasm out against BD, or not? Float

5. Lost Souls II - lost some good players including the wonderful Rising Tide Richard Thrust recently, now a much duller place but otherwise as LS.

6. WARGASM - completely wrong-footed by BD over the Pit Bulls, they're in a desperate situation now. Sink.

7. Knights - my own alliance, will just say that it's a great place to play the game. Swim

8. Requiem - yes, they're pretty tight with us, but they also do their own thing. Much improved from the start of this server. Swim.

9. Phoenix - know very little about these guys, so will reserve judgement and give them a Float - they must be doing something right.

10. Honour - another rapidly-improving alliance that's beginning to run like a well-oiled machine after a fairly slow start. Wasn't sure about them before, but now I think they'll Swim.

11. Union of Kalmar - appear to be progressing nicely, but perhaps not had a major challenge yet. Float

12. B.D. Legion II - what's this, the "I work alone" alliance have an academy? Dear oh dear. Sink.

Below 12, most (there are exceptions) of the alliances I know anything about vary from poor to abysmal.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33512

Ugh. What a silly question? But yes, BDL2 are nothing to do with me.

Lol. How does it feel to be subordinate to Requiem? :p stupid question

Though I truly misjudged REQUIEM. They are better than knights, IMO. :)

EDIT: funny how you have honour/req and knights all swimming. Simming being best buds until the lameness that is world wonders befalls us. Personally, if you are correct in your prediction and knights prevail LOL, then something's going to go wrong.

DeletedUser46395

Dear me, touched a raw nerve, did I? Hadn't realised at that point that BD had already begun to fall apart, so looks like I was a bit generous with the float. Still, doubtless you'll bumble along a little while longer before it goes completely pear shaped.

Have a nice day. :)

DeletedUser

Dear me, touched a raw nerve, did I? Hadn't realised at that point that BD had already begun to fall apart, so looks like I was a bit generous with the float. Still, doubtless you'll bumble along a little while longer before it goes completely pear shaped.

Ok guys, time to admit defeat, they are better than us, they are top 1 in everything in the server we are nothing, lets just go home...

DeletedUser47121

6. WARGASM - completely wrong-footed by BD over the Pit Bulls, they're in a desperate situation now. Sink.

What do you mean by this?

DeletedUser46395

What do you mean by this?

The main enemy of Wargasm has always been BD. Pit Bulls were a passing threat, but now most of them have joined BD, and Wargasm have lost most of their friends. The one thing that may save Wargasm is that BD might actually completely fall apart before they get round to crushing them, something that looks more likely now than it did earlier.

Bear writes random words, most times they dont make sense

Not to you, perhaps, but they do to grown-ups who can actually read. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'll give a swim to the alliance currently at 15, Freedom - good players not hamstrung by terrible merge decisions.

DeletedUser47121

Actually most of the former WARGASM members that went to PB returned back,and with them returning we are once again #1 in O54

DeletedUser46395

Actually most of the former WARGASM members that went to PB returned back,and with them returning we are once again #1 in O54

Indeed, but the Pit Bulls themselves joined BD.

Look, I wish you luck, but you're in a very tight spot and the leadership will need to be pretty switched on to carry you through. These predictions aren't what I would like to happen, but what I think will happen. Could well be wrong, of course. :)

DeletedUser46395

Keep understimating me pls...
I don't underestimate your ability as a player in the slightest - you're very decent. I don't rate at all your ability to deal in these forums - you come over as a complete n00b, to be honest. Different skillsets.

3 answers in a row, there is an Edit button

You're quite right, a matter of timing and simultaneous typing. I'll see if I can tidy it up.

DeletedUser

I don't underestimate your ability as a player in the slightest - you're very decent. I don't rate at all your ability to deal in these forums - you come over as a complete n00b, to be honest. Different skillsets.

You're quite right, a matter of timing and simultaneous typing. I'll see if I can tidy it up.

I wasn't talking about the game... I was talking about something you lack or pretend to lack on...

DeletedUser47199

Here are my thoughts on the top 12

B.D. Legion Good strong unit but they will have a rough time in O55
S.P.Q.R Empire Besides their size they really havent shown anything impressive so far but they are quite far away from me so you might disagree with me.
Lost Souls In my opinion they are the best alliance in en75
Grim Sleepers They have been left out of the wars so far but they are getting more involved and are improving by the minute
Lost Souls II Since they are one with the Lost Souls then its the same opinion on the two of them
WARGASM Fighting heavily in the O54 and are a bit slow growing but they are tightly packed
Knights Not bad at all but they could get better
Requiem Rather good they pretty much own O35 and have a lot of cities in O34
Pheonix Nothing too impressive
Honour Not Bad but not too impressive
The Union of Kalmar I dont really see them in a future a this world
B.D. Legion II Although they are one with the B.D. Legion they are not in the situation like Lost Souls and Lost Souls II are since these guys are just an academy for B.D. Legion
hi all!! im vittsjo and leader in the union of Kalmar. How can anybody say what they are about a ally when they have no idea who the leaders are and what experiense they got in this game, it seems like you are looking down att us and dont think that we are serius about this game, but i can promise all of you out there!! we are here to play and we are very serius about this game.
so!! as we shows respect to other allys, give us the respect back.
Vittsjo!!;)

DeletedUser45085

3. Lost Souls - somewhat blindsided by BD over the Pit Bulls op, they have an awful lot to prove. I suspect they might bounce back very hard, and we'll see what they're made of. As above, think LS v SPQR will be epic from the end of the summer onwards. Swim.

BD was wrong footed by those alliances, i had the unfortunate experience of being invited to a skype group that had all the alliance leaders from the coalition that wanted to take down penethol. I was incharge of getting our plans synced to cause the most harm. But i wrote this in there to make sure that we have a clear objective:

"btw just to define the objective of this coalition: we are here to deal with penethol and i agree that hitting him directly is gonna serve to give him more bp, so better to hit his allliance. its unfair that all of us are ganging on them and i feel bad for most of their alliance, but it is justified. anyways what i want to say is our ops might be designed to hit the whole alliance and take their cities, but the long term objective is to destroy penethol"

to which all agreed. what happened later was day1 into the ops penethol leaves the alliance and hits VM. day4 he comes back and resets. mission accomplished you'd think. unfortunately no one sent the noobs the memo, and most continued to hit all the alliance.. now that is unfair. one of our leaders decided to create a refuge alliance until things got sorted. it gave those players breathing time. but not enough as it turned out and the alliances continued to fill their slots and take their cities. it seems this server has no problem in unfairly ganging up on players. the alliance was down, objective complete. now give players a chance to play for better leadership. but no.

talks with diplo's didnt end any better, it seems those alliances dont really understand that this is a game. and never really developed respect for other players. and its not hard to imagine y, some leaders came in bragging about the messages they sent to penethol. trolling messages, wasnt that the reason we took him on in the first place?!

and p.s. this was written the day after penethol quit, and i posted it in the aforementioned skype group. http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?52993-Casus-Belli

now it falls on b.d. to try and make an alliance out of what remains. most of whom lost interest in the game (y wouldnt you when you play with people who think this is more than just a pasttime).

DeletedUser47121

BD was wrong footed by those alliances, i had the unfortunate experience of being invited to a skype group that had all the alliance leaders from the coalition that wanted to take down penethol. I was incharge of getting our plans synced to cause the most harm. But i wrote this in there to make sure that we have a clear objective:

"btw just to define the objective of this coalition: we are here to deal with penethol and i agree that hitting him directly is gonna serve to give him more bp, so better to hit his allliance. its unfair that all of us are ganging on them and i feel bad for most of their alliance, but it is justified. anyways what i want to say is our ops might be designed to hit the whole alliance and take their cities, but the long term objective is to destroy penethol"

to which all agreed. what happened later was day1 into the ops penethol leaves the alliance and hits VM. day4 he comes back and resets. mission accomplished you'd think. unfortunately no one sent the noobs the memo, and most continued to hit all the alliance.. now that is unfair. one of our leaders decided to create a refuge alliance until things got sorted. it gave those players breathing time. but not enough as it turned out and the alliances continued to fill their slots and take their cities. it seems this server has no problem in unfairly ganging up on players. the alliance was down, objective complete. now give players a chance to play for better leadership. but no.

talks with diplo's didnt end any better, it seems those alliances dont really understand that this is a game. and never really developed respect for other players. and its not hard to imagine y, some leaders came in bragging about the messages they sent to penethol. trolling messages, wasnt that the reason we took him on in the first place?!

and p.s. this was written the day after penethol quit, and i posted it in the aforementioned skype group. http://forum.en.grepolis.com/showthread.php?52993-Casus-Belli

now it falls on b.d. to try and make an alliance out of what remains. most of whom lost interest in the game (y wouldnt you when you play with people who think this is more than just a pasttime).

And you took in all these players from PB out of a goodness of your hart,pff yeah right.

DeletedUser45085

hi all!! im vittsjo and leader in the union of Kalmar. How can anybody say what they are about a ally when they have no idea who the leaders are and what experiense they got in this game, it seems like you are looking down att us and dont think that we are serius about this game, but i can promise all of you out there!! we are here to play and we are very serius about this game.
so!! as we shows respect to other allys, give us the respect back.
Vittsjo!!;)

dont worry vittsjo, people will write the weirdest stuff in here :D

DeletedUser45085

And you took in all these players from PB out of a goodness of your hart,pff yeah right.

we were in talks with one of the leaders in pb and no one wanted to lead pb. cant blame them really. no one wanted to invite them from the other alliances, something about traitors and what not.

Edit: it seems you, like your leaders believe you won those cities by conquest. u didnt, it was a rouse to get penethol out. if i knew these were the repercussions of what is going to happen then i would never have agreed to it (maybe i am the noob here).

DeletedUser33512

Lol. Nah, no nerves touched. I'm good :)

DeletedUser46395

Thanks for that Wred, always good to get a different perspective; I appreciate that.

Couldn't agree with you more about it being a game - if it's not fun, what's the point? That's what I've always liked about pretty much all your guys, you play the game very hard but have fun doing it and do it with respect. Said it before and I'll say it again, you're the best enemies you can have. :)

DeletedUser47121

Thanks for that Wred, always good to get a different perspective; I appreciate that.

Couldn't agree with you more about it being a game - if it's not fun, what's the point? That's what I've always liked about pretty much all your guys, you play the game very hard but have fun doing it and do it with respect. Said it before and I'll say it again, you're the best enemies you can have. :)

Respectfull??? more like stuck up cause when ever i try to contact somebody in BDL apparently i dont have enough points to talk to them.