Top 12 Alliances Sink like an anchor or Swim like a Otter

DeletedUser

1. S.P.Q.R Empire

Now that they are getting into the core - very interesting. Definitely going to be here for a while. With the best of Check Mate moving over this will be a powerhouse to watch

Swim

2. B.D.

Good players, good strategy, still small, but growing. Become very quiet recently, maybe due to the failure of CM leadership, and the current flow of good players into S.P.Q.R. - wonder if they will hold this place for long. Soon they will be stretched having enemies on all fronts

Swim for now

3. Lost Souls & Lost Souls II

Doing the business in O45. With Spiders now part of CM we wait to see where to from here. After time I am sure this will become one unit worth watching.

Swim

4. Grim Sleepers

Have not seen much from them as yet. I am sure now that they are entering the core we will be seeing more of them.

Swim

5. Black Legion

My alliance - No comment

Swim

6. Knights

Growing steadily in O44 - with BD and Kittens merging, Knights will be busy for a while - should make for a great game for all in O44.
However, the collapse of CM will surely benefit them as BD will have to start defending on all sides soon.

Swim.

7. Check Mate

Predictable failure - bad leadership, tragic strategy and planning, best players leaving and the good that are left are simming. Grepo is not a sprint it is a marathon.

Sink

8. Rising Tide

Cannon fodder for S.P.Q.R. - I am sure the better players will be picked up and continue in under another flag.

Sank

9. WARGASM & WARGASM II

Nice guys put in a difficult position. some good players but mainly noobs and part timers. They will be around for a while, however, they will not grow in O54 - I am sure the good players will leave in time and join other alliances.

Float for now.

DeletedUser26156

7. Check Mate

Predictable failure - bad leadership, tragic strategy and planning, best players leaving and the good that are left are simming. Grepo is not a sprint it is a marathon.

Sink
I disagree with this. What has happened is not to do with bad leadership. Move. is doing a good job with a bad situation. Don't discount us, we will have revenge on the traitors.
Also three players are not the 'best' of Check Mate'.

DeletedUser

Yes, they are, at least penethol is... he revolted how many CM cities again?

And about traitors... You have quite a few among you...

DeletedUser46310

Yes, they are, at least penethol is... he revolted how many CM cities again?

And about traitors... You have quite a few among you...

Raf...Chill alright...External's are for fun... What about those infos you're sending to me?

DeletedUser26156

Penthol is a good player. But he lets emotions cloud his judgement and makes rash decisions.

DeletedUser

And so the great CM dissolves.....

Loads of good players left in the lurch again by bad leaders

DeletedUser33512

Who was right?

What?

Heres my new thoughts after CheckMates utter failure.

1. S.P.Q.R Empire: so these guys really snuck up. They lead the world in points, in abp, in overall BP. They have managed to recruit some of CMs better strays. The future is bright, the future is S.P.Q.R. Still hate the name though. How many worlds have you guys been on? :p This quiet bunch have finally revealed themselves. Now it's on them not to do a CheckMate and screw things up royally. Hopefully they don't have their own version of Move. anywhere near leaders rights :). Swim

2. Lost Souls : down on their last position when I last wrote one of these. Still doing a great job. Brought their A game to CM throughout their skirmish. I wonder how these guys will benefit with the lack of CM enemy now. Will this prompt new battles with old allies? I'm not so sure. Either way, second in overall BP, they have more than proved their capabilities in outlasting their enemies. I really believe they would put up a great fight with whomever they decide to target. Swim.

3. Grim Sleepers: you need more than just a great name to be truly remembered in a Grepolis world. Have they done anything? Who knows! But sleeping through a world will not leave you in great stead. Please, if you have done something, write here what. At least then I can say a bit more about you. Dozing for eternity. Should merge with wargasm, the other sleeper cell.

4. B.D.: I loathe the name change. Yuck. I loved the Latin one, yay. The merge with FBK certainly bolstered them. Swim

5. Lost Souls II: creeping back up the rankings. Usually I'm not much a fan of sister or brother alliances. Their role in Grepolis always seems entirely redundant to me. However, this duo has seemingly gone beyond that by successfully utilising the old sister BFF alliance effectively. At one point, the academy was even a more consistent machine than the original. Of course the older one got jealous huffed and puffed and sucked up some players into the main group. Swim.

6. Black Legion: it seemed like the end. The monkey from the lion king kept coming in complaining, and we didn't really comprehend it at all. But, these guys have done something right. And their numbers are much tighter, which always makes for a better alliance. BP obviously doesn't show the full picture for these guys, as they disbanded. It's safe to say these guys know what they're doing. Black Legion made its name on Paros. They also made some interesting acquisitions in the wake of CheckMates utter failure. Not sure how clever it is to invite a sibling of the infamous leader. But I'm sure they must know that. Swim.

7. Wargasm: the great sleepers. Good players or not, if you don't do anything, you get slept on. You can't sim through Grepolis, though many have tried. I think it will be interesting to see how these guys pick themselves up after CheckMates utter failure. Their allies have forsaken them, now the end is nigh for Wargasm. Well the ones that BL, LS and S.P.Q.R won't bring in. Sink.

8 and 9. Knights/ Requiem: basically one. Decent alliance. Some good players. I don't really know much about them. Other than they are called knights, of which table, we are yet to determine. Paupers most likely. Float. Requiem, again, no idea what they do. Swatted by knights I'd imagine. Mobilised by knights. Not much else. I predict a merger, at some point. Float once merged. Requiem mass. Rip.

10. Chaos Wolves: new guys to the top 12. As yet, I've never heard of them. Will they change that. On the basis of my lack of knowledge, I guess they'll float on the rim for now.

11. RT: aka Richard Thrust, I mean Rising Tide. Getting rimmed by S.P.Q.R apparently. That's the extent of my knowledge. Less like a rising tide, more like falling tide. sinking into the mud.

12. Honour: as before, still no idea about these guys. Who they are, or what they do is beyond me. They're British because they include the U. I'm not Sherlock, so not going to deduce you. Float.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser46310

I was never a external forums type of player but I think a few words needs to be said in here.. First of all yeah, we're an entirely made of noobs..Me first. Actually I'm the biggest noob of both WARG's alliances..Plus I drink too much.. With that being said lets do facts talk in here..A short ammount of period passed from "BL is hammered", "BL is an easy target" " CM owns everyones a**es" passed until "BL is ruller of Lapithos", "No one will dare stand in BL's way" ...Let me tell you something about BL...They're good, maybe even great..Suffered a lot of changes, a lot of issues, players leaving, allies away from them 12h minimum (with birs btw) and yet they've managed to overcome all of that and still be able to kick someone's behinds.. Kutos to that! Solid leadership is what I'm saying.

Now important part...Was there anyone who dared engaging them besides WARG's?! And I'm talikng about their frontyard, right in their core?! Hint: NOONE! ABSO F LUTELY NOONE! Just a pitifull WARG's. The noobish sinking alliance...Have we managed to take some cities off of them, yes, stats speak for itself...Have we lost some to them..Again yes. WAR GAME, it happens

3rfuoSF.png

Academy stats:
fV2nwTp.png

So yes, we're noobs, we'll sink. But noobs are the ones that fought once outcasted and now prime alliance...Plus, don't forget one thing..
We're allowed to play with eachother in 054...That's right WE'RE ALLOWED

DeletedUser46310

then you'll wellcome to come pay me a visit anytime...Sure you can handle a noob :)

DeletedUser

We lost cities, yes, while pounded by BD, CM and u, so dont think it was because of you

DeletedUser46310

Raf please.. Chill... All good.. Generaly it's all good.. I've just thought that like speaking up the facts might leed this converastion to a fact-based talks...But then again I'm no one... Sorry I've disturbed all of y'all.. Won't happen again. Peace out