Alliances sink or swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser28226
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Not was he kicked for the "lack of forum use, lack of participation" etc, but more like for the excess of enemy BRMs in his harbor.

DeletedUser6378

Do you let simmers take strategically important cities from your alliance?

Maybe you should look at the map. There is nothing strategically important about this city. I guess you don't know as much as you think you do.

DeletedUser2663

Ok last warning. Keep this on topic. If you want to dispute an alliances membership regulations and requirements there is a top 12 thread where you can give your opinion about it. From now on i am just going to delete all the off topic posts.

DeletedUser

1) Mors Omnia Solvit- The new top alliance in pella drawing members form a few ex-banned alliances and from WE have the possability of holding there top spot even against HaVoC. -Swim

2) HaVoC- Although they no longer hold the top spot, with the dropping their dead wight and domination of there oceans, they will remain a force to be reckoned with for a long time, and conquer many foes. -Swim

3) Silver- With an active family styled alliance, Silver has a death grip on their ocean, that being said they will be looking to better enemies. There will be many opportunities to do so, but if they do not capitalize on them, there most active members will get bored and quit. -Swim

4) Band of Misfits- With an intelligent merger to bolster their ranks and WE's sharp decline, BoM has grown to not only be a dominant force in southern O55, but in the entire world. There survival will be turbulent, but They will manage to hold a top spot because or all of the options for expansion that they have before them. -Swim

5) White Eagles -Already on a sharp decline due to members leaving because of pressure from ex-Banned alliances and BoM pressuring them, they will only continue to drop rankings, players, and cities. -Sink

6) S.T.O.R.M -Although having some good players, storm is spread out and lacks the spark that many top players look for in an alliance as well as having low ABP, and therefore will not hold up to the larger, more powerful alliances in their ocean. -Sink

7) Empowered- A small group of good players that is successfully pushing its way into O45 and dominating the competition there. -Swim

I don't know enough about the other alliances to comment on them at the moment, but would like to say that most of the predictions that people have made in this thread have so far been relatively accurate.

DeletedUser5554

Mos- swimmin like micheal phelps

Havoc- id say they have sometime left but they also have had a lot changed and lots of strife inside from what i hear, sinking titanic style slow, panicing, and very dramatic :p

Silver - an awesome alliance by the looks of it and a well coordinated team. swimming :)

Band of Misfits- this alliance can do anything it sets its mind too about 3 weeks ago NOBODY said BoM would survive and gave them a quick sinking. since then BoM has only improved and taken the 4th spot and come closer as a team. i can say im really glad i got to be apart of this team. however i can say we still have a lot to prove to everyone and challenges down the road. Swim though :)

S.T.O.R.M.- they got a few hits on our inactives but overall they aren't very scary as an alliance :eek: - sink

Hall of Warriors- don't know much about them couldn't tell ya they seem decent though

its the same story for the rest of the top 12 as HoW i've been gone on vacation a week i can't accurately say so ill just say congratz on being top 12 boys

DeletedUser29803

Well the alliance which was called HaVoC is a dieing alliance, They are now named Rulers Of The Deep

They have already stumbled to 9th in the world on other hands the alliance Dark Followers have come out of nowhere they are already ranked 24th in the world and they only just started a month ago. They have got alot of potential to becoming a top alliance.

They rule in ocean 53 but are also very strong in the oceans 54,43

DeletedUser16696

All sink as there is no real lead, any can end over night and be beat by anyone, also those who "think" they swim will end up sinking as they won't try.

So my judgment is everyone sinks unless they're "1st in everything (and by along way)"
"got 1 or more wonders" or "can't conquer/take a city from an alliance (defending alliance swims on this)"

DeletedUser5554

not really i've seen several orginal alliances survive... its about skills and anything can happen. true someone like MoS could be taken out by the world. i've seen someone with leads like them have it happen to them. i've also seen a whole world gain up on an alliance and get their butts royally handed to them. its about skills and good recruitment and training

DeletedUser2663

Please try to keep this thread on topic. Also feel free to keep bringing new opinions to it. Alliances do change over time.

DeletedUser22343

1.Mors Omnia Solvit: POINTS:3589319 ABP:784366 DBP:218986 Seems to be in total control of Pella for the moment, showing nearly double in all stats to the next closest alliance. They've also already had several wars with top alliances and proven battle hardened. SWIM

2.Silver: POINTS:1556369 ABP:255826 DBP:116487 Close knit family like alliance with good leadership and core players, Some of there top guys are very aggressive, Believe that they're at war with H.o.W and doing a decent job at it as well. SWIM

3.Elite Ones: POINTS:1257627 ABP:151687 DBP:63290 Poor diplomacy skills and have now got themselves into a War with MoS by taking in HaVoC refugees and would not remove them when asked.. Im sure they will be SINKING fast very soon.

4.The Chosen Few: POINTS:1174804 ABP:134733 DBP:80844 Not to bad of a alliance by looking at stats on paper seems they have some good players on there roster, though it seems they share territory in the same area as Elite Ones which MoS will be moving into soon.. wether or not they sink or swim will depend on there diplomacy skills so this one is a bit tricky to call at the moment.. Treading Water

5.Band of Misfits: POINTS:1097095 ABP:255214 DBP:146395 Seems they have a decent core of players, one of few original alliances that started on Pella, also there leadership has put them in a good position with there diplomacy skills. (seems they have gotten a bit wiser from there last world) SWIM

6.Army of Eternity: POINTS:898531 ABP:124744 DBP:78331 Seems they are top dogs in O65 without much competition.. really only about 5-6 players that are note worthy. I think its only a matter of time until they are challenged and given a chance to really prove themselves. SINK until proven otherwise

7.Luminescent: POINTS:876722 ABP:100717 DBP:16264 This alliance is also top of there ocean (66) again without much competition.. I feel that there core of players are better then AoE's, Would be nice to see a bit higher ABP.. Not sure on there current situation as far as war goes but I think this alliance could end up being a sleeper alliance but only time will tell. TREADING WATER

8.Myrmidons: POINTS:719800 ABP:96505 DBP:44089 I honestly dont know much about this alliance.. they seem to be based in O56 but they don't control it that's for sure.. I don't really see much of a good player base, there ABP isnt great and from the looks of the DBP in comparison seems as they may be getting attacked and on the defensive of late. SINK

9.HitYouHard: POINTS:700231 ABP:88991 DBP:17258 I like this alliances name :p, Seeing as they have the upper hand in O56 in city count.. with almost the same ABP as Myrmidons and less DBP..(i'm assuming maybe these two are at war??) It would seem as they will end up with control of 56 in my opinion. It also looks like there core players are better then Myrmidons, Could also be another sleeper alliance so i'll say TREADING WATER on this one as well

DeletedUser

actually myrms and HUH are allies fighting BoM (sort of). We are cleaning up storm first.

DeletedUser5554

Looking back at this i find it funny that EVERYONE but me thought BoM would sink or wasn't sure....called it xD

DeletedUser

Looking back at this i find it funny that EVERYONE but me thought BoM would sink or wasn't sure....called it xD
You also said empowered would swim and White Eagles would sink, although I suppose white eagles to some extent did sink. :p

DeletedUser5554

haha i know i also said Enlightened wouldn't beat havoc...guess i was wrong there xD

i think its time for sink or swim two :)

DeletedUser23934

Alright well, Nod's right so I'm gonna make a top twelve sink or swim.

1. Mors Omnia Solvit
Well, how much do you want me to say? Top on points overall, top in 055, top in attackers points, top in overall Battle Points, 8 of the 15 top fighters are MOS, and they are an all around fantastic working well oiled machine that I think will live a VERY long time. Great jobs guys. -Swim

2. Band of Misfits
For those of you that don't know me (what's wrong with you ;) ), this is my alliance. We seem to be working very well at the moment and have conquered ocean 56, and we are moving strong and gaining points rapidly with great ABP to boot. Glad to be apart of you guys. I'm hoping we last for a LONG time. -Swim

3. The Chosen Few
I haven't really talked to anyone in TCF as for the fact that they are no where near me. They seem to have a pretty average ABP, lower than their points rank which isn't always good but seem to be growing pretty steadily. They do seem to have a lot of dead weight however so with those members still there, I don't think they will truly succeed. In 045 they've beaten out Silver but with MOS moving in I think they won't last for too long. -Tread Water

4. Silver
Wow, starting from nearly nothing, Silver rose through the rankings with an average similar to that of MOS. Many thought that they might catch up and a LOT of people thought that a war would be nice to see. The funny thing was, war DID happen. MOS are fighting Silver right now with a lead of something like 40-4. Basically a lot to a little. I don't think that Silver will hold off MOS much longer as the only fighter is Ellaranna who is working for her whole alliance. (Kudos to you Ella) Unless a huge turn around happens, Silver won't be here much longer. -Sink

5. Elite Ones
Having the lowest average of the top 5 and a lower average than rank 6 and 7 I don't know much about them. "Elite" Ones seems a little bit of an overstatement if you ask me. Especially with their 6th place ABP, not horrible but not great either. I think for now, as they have no wars going on right now, except maybe the Silver v MOS war with other alliances, that they will swim or tread water. -Doggie Paddle

6. Luminescent
The 3rd lowest amount of players with a much better average than TCF. However, their ABP isn't very good being 2 spots lower than their points. And their DBP, which is a bit more pointless on rating an alliance, isn't even on the first page. So, this suggests that either they can't defend or they're in no wars. I'm guessing the latter so for now swim. -Swim

7. White Eagles
Well, after getting kicked out of 055 by BoM and TE, they moved into 065. They have the best average besides MOS which is pretty impressive and they also have very good ABP and pretty good DBP. After fighting them once I respect them as a fairly good alliance especially after coming back to 7th place from what looked like 12th or 13th. For now swim after their very good comeback. -Swim

8. The Shadow League
Eh, these guys have impressively stayed around for quite a while and stuck through 1 or 2 small wars. They have nothing truly spectacular about them, but they are VERY good at not dying it seems. -Tread Water

9. Soul Stealers
Very similar to TSL these guys have been around for quite a while and no one seems to be in a war with them. Similar to TSL again their ABP is eh, not spectacular but good use a LOT of improvement.

10. Lords of Pella
:D What a GREAT alliance. If you have read ANYTHING in the forums for the past few days, you would know that these guys are BAD-. If any of these guys wanna fight you, pull a 303 and run like a Gazelle. ;) They will beat the out of you in an instant. I think of any alliance, they definitely will be the ones to beat MOS I think.

Hahahaha, ok no more joking. If you've ACTUALLY read any posts about these guys, they are truly bad. Which is why I'm not commenting on 11 and 12 as if you're worse than these guys, something is wrong.

Thanks guys, comments and criticism welcome. :)

DeletedUser5554

My twelve sink or swims

1. Mors Omnia Solvet- Honestly the team most of us rated as the underdog vs HaVoC due to constant leadership changes but they ended up pulling through for the win. Volsung has put together a good team and united much of Northern 55 and ocean 45 under one banner. On top of that they are statisticaly the best alliance. - swim

2. Band of Misfits- Pella's loveable underdog team lets be honest like MOS nobody really saw BoM sticking around long. And i mean nobody just check the early sink or swims. On top of that Band of Misfits has yet to score first in ANY war. Yet they just keep fighting on and never give up early scores never bother them its all about how they fight and act. As I said in my first S or S we pulled together and fought hard. Leadership works much more tightly with eachother now and players are always helping infact id dare say if anyone had a hope of catching MOS in ABP right now its definently BoM. There is always a good attitude here and not to many are shy when it comes to stepping up the Fears ain't goin anywhere anytime soon -Swim

3.The Chosen Who?- Seriously never heard of em. They have made no major impact in Pella they are 5th in ABP and 4th in DBP and as far as i know and that just means their days are numbered IMO- sink

4. Silver- Well when Silver first started out I thought they would be a solid alliance they have since proven me wrong as in their third major conflict and having yet to finish their second major conflict. Silver trails MOS 40-4 and rising. One of their players even has gone so far as to try to flee into southern 55 in an attempt to reach 57. The only major players seem to be Ella and Theyank. Obviously Silver either needs a game changer or some seriously good recruitment picks who can catch up fast and coordinate on top of that whoever is the coordinator of that alliance clearly needs to be switched out for someone more hands on.- sink for now.

5. Elite Ones- Once again WHO? Yet another alliance who have made no real impact and quiet on the externals. They currently sit at 6th in ABP and 9th in DBP. With bad rankings for an alliance of their points stature, not much of a public face on the externals, and no known involvements I have to give them a blah rating they survive only because nobody has come for them yet- Staying float barely.

6. Luminescent - An ocean 66 alliance that rose to power and proved dominant in 66 and evidently has little to no ambition right now openly claim they respect both their WE neighbors in 65 and their BoM neighbors in 56. Already not proving much to me. They do hold the 8th ranked player, are 8th in ABP, and unranked in DBP. It is really evident they have not been in a major conflict and are once again one of those alliances who have no public face or presense in the externals save one or two posts. However with no major enemies and ocean dominance as the DBP and ABP obviously shows they currently are doing fine- Swim

7. This is an alliance I have mixed feelings on. One one hand they have lost a war and are one of two Pella alliances to actually survive a war loss which is very impressive and they have a dedicated team by the looks of it aswell. However on the flip side they currently repicked a fight with BoM and have failed 3 conquests which displayed pretty pathetic attempts to conquer us two off the times. They mustered a impressive 2.5k initial bireme support wave in a cs they slipped in on skull cap but ended up losing 2.5k + biremes, a few triemes, and a colony ship. They have shown some pretty bad consceptions of fighting trying to engage a 55 alliance from 65 without even trying to close the gap. They have also burned 2 ls nukes and lost a few land offensive battles. Their biggest win so far is slipping a cs into a harbor and then desperately trying to recycle old plays and hope we won't catch on. sorry WE guys but youre still at a - Sink

8. The Shadow Leauge- Off to a rough start being a lot to a little vs Silver. However they have bought a lot of time for themselves and stuck together and it has paid off big as MOS has come to double team Silver. However one might ask what MOS will do once Silver is finished? TSL better be ready for a major conflict with an alliance that dominates Silver - Treading water for the moment.

9. Soul Stealers - Allies of MOS and defeating Silver and friends in a war enough said - Swim for now

10. Lords of Pella Elite - Holy mother of....Well for one they SUCK at communication I know that first hand because my 2nd spotlight was supposed to be out DAYS AGO. They struggled with AoE though played it off on a lot of things. Now they are having trouble defeating a small rim alliance called "Play For Keeps" they stand at 0-0 in wars as WE won the AoE war for them. And are in the hunt for their first win which I honestly don't see them getting as they trail 17-1 to PFK. Their points average is second worst in the top 12 just infront of Dark Knights. They currently sit at 10th in offense in Pella and 12th in defense. For a team with 74 members such bad rankings is unacceptable.- Sink and staying at 0-0

11. Dark Knights- As stated earlier worst points average in the top 12. They have MAXED their recruitment. In offense they are 14th in the world which isn't too good. In defense they are unranked as far as top 12 goes. This alliance hasn't faced a real team yet and they should count their blessings for it. - sink

12. Legend of Beletorres- 36 members, 26k average, 12th in offense, unranked in defense. As far as teams go WATCH OUT FOR THIS ONE. They are the new dog on the block. Though with no public face we have zero clue what they are like they are quickly rising the ranks and proving themselves.- Swim

DeletedUser

12. Legend of Beletorres- 36 members, 26k average, 12th in offense, unranked in defense. As far as teams go WATCH OUT FOR THIS ONE. They are the new dog on the block. Though with no public face we have zero clue what they are like they are quickly rising the ranks and proving themselves.- Swim
Just a note on these guys I recognize their player Jimtimium from a few other servers and he is a very good player. Assuming he would not join a bad alliance. With that said I think these guys will do some real damage.

DeletedUser

Just a note on these guys I recognize their player Jimtimium from a few other servers and he is a very good player. Assuming he would not join a bad alliance. With that said I think these guys will do some real damage.

sorry if i'm too lazy to look them up, but what ocean are they and what direction are they moving?

DeletedUser5554

hahaha lets just say they won't be on BOM's side of the boarder. and southish i think? that or they are trying to take their ocean first. they also have a random postion in 45.

DeletedUser

Anyone care to sink or swim my alliance?
Tyrone already claimed we wouldn't last, and we have. And against NS in O64 too!