Alliances sink or swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser28226
  • Start date

DeletedUser2663

Yes. if you want to state reasoning for why you say sink or swim thats fine and i encourage that, it is in topic. The reminder is aimed at those who go off topic whos post i delete.

DeletedUser

Someone had better hurry and make a new sink or swim while silver is still in the top 10

DeletedUser

Someone had better hurry and make a new sink or swim while silver is still in the top 10
You guys better hurry and write MOS a thank you letter because you wouldn't be in the top 10 anymore without them attacking Silver.

DeletedUser

Seems TSL members are getting a big head. Wasn't long ago it was them in our position, and as you said bend, they owe it all to MOS.

Give credit where credit is due.

DeletedUser

exactly godhand, where were all of these TSL members that are coming on the externals now when you guys were murdering them not to long ago. All I heard from their camp at that point was crickets.

DeletedUser30757

Not a big deal. Any alliance that outshines their former opponent is allowed to gloat a bit. We don't mind ;-)

DeletedUser

Wasnt trying to sound arrogant, of course MoS has taken a great deal of pressure off of us in the south and west, and thats probably why we never posted in the externals we were too busy defending all day long. Perhaps we do have a justified chip on our shoulders though, nobody has given us a chance since the world started and we continue to grow. Owe it all to MoS? The 50 or so cities we've taken from KoV, a noted silver ally, with zero requested help from MoS i guess isnt worth talking about

DeletedUser

8.6.12 (alexander321)
5. The Shadow League - they seem to be playing only for them self and not as a team they don't have a good average points and are not dropping dead weight as well i think they will all just slowly fade off- sink

10.6.12 (godhand)
6. The Shadow League - While i have some old friends here, i cant see this alliance lasting. They have some good top members but seems like alot of dead weight. When top members lose cities with only a few people sending to break, somethings wrong. - sink

10.6.12 (eddiestaz)
6. The Shadow League - good alliance will have to get through Silver which I see unlikely - Sink

10.6.12 (nodcrush)
6) The Shadow Leauge no info same reasoning as BoW - sink

11.6.12 (theseus...)
Shadow League= An ok alliance. An alliance that will stay around for a while and won't get a lot of notice cause it's right in the middle of the pact. Swim unless they go to war, then they're sunk.

12.6.12 (nathan bilton)
6. The Shadow League - not very good in my opinion, Silver is taking their cities and stopping their CS. Even had some of their players not bothering asking for support due to them knowing it will not do them any good. Sink

19.6.12 (mosert)
I don't know enough about the other alliances to comment on them at the moment, but would like to say that most of the predictions that people have made in this thread have so far been relatively accurate.

31.07.12 (theseus...)
8. The Shadow League
Eh, these guys have impressively stayed around for quite a while and stuck through 1 or 2 small wars. They have nothing truly spectacular about them, but they are VERY good at not dying it seems. -Tread Water

31.07.12 (nodcrush)
8. The Shadow Leauge- Off to a rough start being a lot to a little vs Silver. However they have bought a lot of time for themselves and stuck together and it has paid off big as MOS has come to double team Silver. However one might ask what MOS will do once Silver is finished? TSL better be ready for a major conflict with an alliance that dominates Silver - Treading water for the moment.

4.08.12 (jorsiva1)
The Shadow League- sink, no idea, never heard of them. Pretty good BP rank tho.

5.8.12 (godhand)
"The Shadow League- sink, no idea, never heard of them. Pretty good BP rank tho.."
They're a stubborn bunch, like Silvers core. They'll last awhile I'm sure.

DeletedUser

Wasnt trying to sound arrogant, of course MoS has taken a great deal of pressure off of us in the south and west, and thats probably why we never posted in the externals we were too busy defending all day long. Perhaps we do have a justified chip on our shoulders though, nobody has given us a chance since the world started and we continue to grow. Owe it all to MoS? The 50 or so cities we've taken from KoV, a noted silver ally, with zero requested help from MoS i guess isnt worth talking about
Yes you do do owe it all to MOS. You never would of been able to take those cities off of KoV if it weren't for MOS fighting silver. MOS fighting silver weakened them and took the pressure off of you that silver previously had on you. You cant sit here and honestly tell me that if MOS and Silver hadn't gone to war you guys would be where you are right now, if there was no MOS intervention Silver would most likely still be killing you. Either that or you guys would of moved to another ocean to get away from them.

DeletedUser

This game is as much about diplomacy as it is anything else. Ethical, intelligent stable and consistent leadership that has the ability to look at the big picture-something Mos, Silver, and TSL all happen to have. Good diplomacy will take you a lot further than 50,000 light ships any day. Without getting too far off topic, I will say that i have no leadership role in TSL so i'm not privy to a lot of discussions behind the scenes but of course its obvious the tides of our war with silver changed the minute they went to war with MoS. We may have made a push to another ocean, sure...Maybe some obscure rim ocean like o76 that nobody will ever care about so i can sit around in peace and troll the forums all day long. At the end of the day, i dont think the core of silver is going anywhere they have some great players and that goes without saying. As far as us owing it all to MoS, do you seriously think they have gotten to the level they are at by allowing pointless pacts with mooches using their name to fight other wars? I'm thrilled with them as an ally, they have been nothing but peaches to be honest but Its at the very least a mutually beneficial pact, don't insult MoS' intelligence. I'm just a soldier though, my opinions have no impact on my alliance.

DeletedUser1483

I'm thrilled with them as an ally, they have been nothing but peaches to be honest

Naww. :) This is the kind of love we get in our pacts. MOS are so easy to get along with. Dont see why the rest of the ocean has such a problem with us big bad bullies.

On a further note, not all of TSLs success is purely MOS. They have been fighting very strongly and way before we ever joined the fight against silver. We were in a much better position than they were, being almost completely on defense until we started distracting silver. They then managed to build up their core attack strength again and i have no doubt they could hold their own against silver now. Let alone KoV. :)

Just my two-penneth.

DeletedUser

Well I am assuming your little reference to 76 is a jab at me, with that said things have been so peaceful out here that I have far more dbp than you while not being on the server nearly as long. My alliance also managed to topple a top 12 alliance that was much bigger than us by OURSELVES. I will assume this is your first server as sometimes the best alliances on a server come from the rim, any player who has played on a server long enough knows this. I will even go out on a limb to say that my alliance will be around long after yours is gone.

The pact with you guys was because you had mutual enemies in Silver, I was not insulting MOS intelligence so don't try to put words in my mouth. As far as the pact being mutually beneficial I almost peed myself laughing at that. Lets look at the benefits of the pact for both alliances shall we? MOS was formerly number one alliance before the pact, still the number one alliance. TSL were taking a beatdown and a half from Silver and struggling to survive before pact. TSL after pact have risen to the number one alliance in ocean 54 and are doing pretty well for themselves now. These are the FACTS, so how mutually beneficial is this pact looking now? I'm sure you guys were of help to MOS, but lets be honest they probably could of handled Silver by themselves.

DeletedUser

Yes, that epic move from number two alliance in the ocean to number one i guess is a big deal? I have no doubt that MoS can handle silver/303 or any other alliance including mine on their own if they wanted to, all i'm saying is what it does is puts silver in a position to have to defend all over the ocean with no defined front lines, not an enviable position position to be in to say the least. But this is obviously my first server apparently so what do i know

DeletedUser

Yes that is a very big deal actually, so in your attempt at sarcasm you were very correct, congrats. I did not say that it did not make the war easier for MOS, I just said they really didn't need to be pacted and that the pact helped you guys alot more than it did them.

Lets look at this scenario, Silver and MOS never go to war, where do you think your alliance would be now? Would your alliance even exist anymore? My money would be on Ellarana and the rest of silver still destroying you guys, maybe your top members would of joined them, who knows. The point is without MOS and silver going to war you guys would be in an awful position, without you guys MOS would still be the number one alliance on the server, hardly a mutual beneficial pact imo.

DeletedUser30757

Actually Bend, I would say it was mutually beneficial. We (MOS) are fighting three top ten alliances at the same time, although we are #1 and pretty large at the moment, it is still difficult to be fighting on a number of fronts. Having allies who contribute (as in don't just sit around and wait to be rescued) works out for us as well as them. They have the pressure taken off and can go on the offensive, as they have been. We don't have to worry about facing 3 alliances alone and can even focus on one alliance at a time as we have done. Not to mention, due to positioning, it leaves our enemies with few safe havens.

After all.... the enemy of my enemy is my friend ;-)

DeletedUser19042

Hey guys, what did I say...Lumi is already falling back...Don't I deserve some rep for my prediction?? lol

DeletedUser

Hey guys, what did I say...Lumi is already falling back...Don't I deserve some rep for my prediction?? lol

dunno, they look pretty good from where I stand. Their top player is number 1 on the server, although he is probably another coiner like khyo, but u never know.