Alliances sink or swim

• Thread starter DeletedUser28226
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Haven't been following this for a while, but I want to make a point about what TSL owes to whom: If you're going to say we owe it all to MOS you're failing to follow through. If you want to find the true source of all that TSL has accomplished and feel determined to look outside TSL to do so, don't give the credit to MOS, give it to 303 and Silver. 303 got too big for its britches and started a war with MOS. Silver took in what was essentially an unexploded bomb by letting in 303. Only then does MOS get serious about them, at which point 303 mostly resets/quits, leaving the rest of Silver in the middle of a huge war, with large numbers of well-developed cities all around them going ghost and falling directly into MOS hands, thereby becoming instruments of MOS warfare. Silver finds itself losing members as the war doesn't go well and bolsters its rolls with less-bad players from Dark Followers and Dark Followers II (can't bring myself to describe any of those as "more active"), giving them better support in NE O54 but only extremely temporarily, as those players turn out to be mostly useless.

In other words, in terms of military might, yes we owe something to MOS, though not by all means everything. In terms of having military good sense or not, if you want to blame someone else for our success, blame poor thinking in 303 and Silver and the unwillingness of the top Silver members (when not in VM, that is) to help/teach their newer recruits from DF and DFII.

DeletedUser

At first, I didn't think much of TSL, but when they got room to breath, it turned out they had some great players.

DeletedUser

RGB you are missing the whole point of my post. Never did I say that TSL was a bad alliance or that they were not good players. I simply stated that without MOS going to war with Silver that TSL would most likely still be getting beat up by Silver. Say you want to credit it to poor decision making by Silver and 303. Fine if that is the case you guys still owe your success to another alliance. I just find it so funny that all of the TSL guys want to come on here now and claim victory over Silver when it was mainly the doing of MOS. Yes I am sure you guys helped out in the war effort and made things easier for MOS. Lets all be honest though, without MOS Silver would of still been dominating TSL. TSL players were crickets on the forums until MOS came in and beat the out of Silver.

DeletedUser

Splitting neutrinos, there, Bend. The only thing in your last post that is not debatable is that TSL didn't start talking much on this thread until after Silver committed suicide. If that's your point, then yeah, I missed it. I'm middle-aged and can't see extremely small things as well as I used to.

DeletedUser

Really? So its not a fact that before Silver went to war with MOS that they were destroying TSL? I think I could probably find a colonizations page that proves that fact, it is not debatable. I am sure if I looked at TSL on grepostats that there would be a huge difference in their losses and gains before and after Silver and MOS went to war. Anyway I will not argue with you anymore as I have the facts of the matter on my side, all you have is "uhh well you know without MOS we may have somehow magically started beating Silver".

DeletedUser31450

so your saying 2 of the best alliance HaVoC and the enlightened wont last but the band of misfits will??? put this image in your head in a war who win havoc or band of misfits.

he was right

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2663

Good to see so much talk about MOS, Silver, TSL and BOM but thats only four alliances. Surely the rest of the top 12 have something interesting going on So lets some opinions on those as well if possible.

DeletedUser11965

I came back to see how alliances were doing in Pella, all i can say is "DANG, WHAT IN WORLD HAPPEN TO PELLA?"

DeletedUser

@arshark, Well, MOS got going and started to beat down alliances. Silver's top players, after getting beaten by a better team moved to MOS and BoM and WE took out a couple of perspective alliances. Now There are only three real super power alliances, MOS (obvious top dog), BoM, and WE. MOS is going to set its sights on either EO and/or TCF causing these alliances to eventually fold. BoM and WE are at war and BoM is currently loosing ground to WE, but that war could always sing the other way.

@metal, There has been a good bit of talk about Lumi and WE as well. I bit about EO too :)

DeletedUser

Yea MOS pretty much took control of the server when they took out HaVoc. I feel on skill it may have been fairly even, but MOS had much better leadership, I think HaVoc had alot of internal problems and leadership issues. Especially with Lowkey pretty much abandoning ship right away after the war started and Havoc started losing cities. Silver kind of got screwed after all of 303 ghosted when they went to war because of them.

DeletedUser

honestly, with the momentum MoS has gained every other alliance will sink.
if history has taught us anything, even those nations that were 'friendly' with a dominant power were eventually attacked.
through their own idiocy or the dominating mentality of being the most powerful.
as soon as they are done with tcf, the remnants of silver, eo, and all the other 'piddly' alliances..there is only one other place
to turn, the other members of their friendly faction. why start a 700 point city on an unincorporated island when there is such a juicy
looking 8000 pointer on the next island? who cares that we once called them friends? this is a war game after all.

there is but one choice. either all the alliances from 2-20 group up and make the extermination of MoS their single and only priority.. or everyone dies, one at a time, like cattle to the slaugter.

DeletedUser30757

honestly, with the momentum MoS has gained every other alliance will sink.
if history has taught us anything, even those nations that were 'friendly' with a dominant power were eventually attacked.
through their own idiocy or the dominating mentality of being the most powerful.
as soon as they are done with tcf, the remnants of silver, eo, and all the other 'piddly' alliances..there is only one other place
to turn, the other members of their friendly faction. why start a 700 point city on an unincorporated island when there is such a juicy
looking 8000 pointer on the next island? who cares that we once called them friends? this is a war game after all.

there is but one choice. either all the alliances from 2-20 group up and make the extermination of MoS their single and only priority.. or everyone dies, one at a time, like cattle to the slaugter.

Don't worry newsroom... your safe, we aren't interested in 300 point cities either.

DeletedUser

no but you were sure interested in me before I restarted just another in the long line of dead.
i applaud the surgical precision they use im just saying that the people who currently think mos is their 'ally'
had best look to their back before the knife is buried there.

DeletedUser1483

We have built up a great respect between our allies and ourselves. It must be 50% of our members were our enemies at one point or another, so to make us seem like backstabbing people couldnt be further from the truth.

We started an alliance with Soul Stealers in the days where we waged war on HaVoC. They remain our allies now. The same can be said for TSL, now silver is finished we have no use for shared forums or an alliance with them. However, both remain and we continue to work and help each other with support, seiges and conquests.

This is a long game and the server is in its infancy, but to automatically assume that we will attack our friends and the people we have built relationships with would be a wrong move. :)

DeletedUser

Those that threaten our allies and those we have NAP with with our strength should also mention that MOS hasn't violated any pacts or treaties It signed, unlike many others that are not mentioned. If there's an honorable and honest alliance - it is MOS, and It's honor isn't diminished by It's strength.

DeletedUser

Also the fact that this server is still young so an alliance could rise to the top out of nowhere and take out MOS for all we know. This server isn't written in stone just yet

DeletedUser

I cant believe someone with the name Newsroom would have no facts to back up his stories. The kind of world war you are suggesting against MoS comes from a consistent feeling of deep hatred and distrust on a server, not simply because they are big and good. Just because they may or may not have beat you in a war (what audacity in a war game!) doesn't mean they are evil or anything. I'm sure you have no evidence of them turning on their allies for no valid reason so this just makes you sound silly.

DeletedUser

Thats cause some people love to stir the pot if you know what i mean ;)