Top 12 Alliances |Sink or Swim|

DeletedUser

Graeme0161 if you were as interested in playing as you are at slagging people of you wouldn't have got rimmed ! so you killed a colony ship what do you want a medal ? Your already on the rim theres nowhere left for you to run to now ! Finally why not tell us about how you lost your latest city to BAD WOLF !

DeletedUser

Well currently three members have joined TOTL looking at it, one going to each, so O75 is apparently Central and Northern ;)

Shame to see an alliance crumble because of inactiveness and pressure from three sides..

DeletedUser

Graeme0161 if you were as interested in playing as you are at slagging people of you wouldn't have got rimmed ! so you killed a colony ship what do you want a medal ? Your already on the rim theres nowhere left for you to run to now ! Finally why not tell us about how you lost your latest city to BAD WOLF !

Not sure what your talking about, I have not lost any city to bad wolf, you certainly have your finger on the buzzer :)

DeletedUser

Well guys.. It looks like theres no hope for Phalanx and Testudo now..
The most active members have joined TOTL, which makes near no sense, half an ocean, in some cases a whole ocean away?

The only thing I can think of, is if they're friends, or the alliances had a pact before - if this is the case they'd already know the TOTL guys and it would make sense in joining them.

Others have formed The Buccaneers..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I still see a couple recognizable names on the phalanx roster but to be fair they aren't looking very active. It's a shame really. That seemed to be a premade of some of the best players from Delos.

DeletedUser42872

Wow, I'm starting to see a pattern here, Hmmmmm, lol. Boy these sinkers sure don't know what there doing or do they, Hmmmm?? .

DeletedUser43104

Well guys.. It looks like theres no hope for Phalanx and Testudo now..
The most active members have joined TOTL, which makes near no sense, half an ocean, in some cases a whole ocean away?

The only thing I can think of, is if they're friends, or the alliances had a pact before - if this is the case they'd already know the TOTL guys and it would make sense in joining them.

Others have formed The Buccaneers..

Yeh they were friends before, thats why I asked. Its a shame to see my ex-co leaders from Delos fall like that..thought they were gonna do well here....some of the best players have quit altogether. The massive clue to them all joining TOTL was nandil parking 2 more cities in ocean 53 as a security measure for when phalanx folded

DeletedUser17561

I still see a couple recognizable names on the phalanx roster but to be fair they aren't looking very active. It's a shame really. That seemed to be a premade of some of the best players from Delos.

Doing well requires kill and interest. The former is easy to come by, but the latter is not. You see a lot of examples of people who were titans in one world start a new one, halfheartedly build a city or 2, and fade away.

The same is true of alliances. One sees premades that were successful before fail miserably when they start a new server. Developing a winning alliance requires an X factor, and it is hard to catch that bit of lightning in a bottle twice in a row. Or twice ever.

DeletedUser28898

Doing well requires kill and interest. The former is easy to come by, but the latter is not. You see a lot of examples of people who were titans in one world start a new one, halfheartedly build a city or 2, and fade away.

The same is true of alliances. One sees premades that were successful before fail miserably when they start a new server. Developing a winning alliance requires an X factor, and it is hard to catch that bit of lightning in a bottle twice in a row. Or twice ever.

well said, thresher! Worth a +rep.

DeletedUser

1 Nordic Warriors
swim, location is a problem however they got active group

2 - ANONYMOUS -
swim, good location but clearly alliance is playing a sim city game. Whole alliance working on pushing 1 player.

3 TOTL Reborn
swim but for how long?, They are going to continue losing players due to their inability wage war. Most of the grows comes recruitment. Sooner or later they are going to end up with players who can't fight at all. Their ABP is horrible for an alliance formed at start of the world.

4 Pull My Finger
sink, Recruitment of DYK alliance was a huge mistake. Half of new recruits have been rimmed.

5 Resurrected
swim, Good location for most part.

6 The White Death
swim for now, Good location but activity is a suspect

7 TOTL Reborn North
swim, Unlike their TOTL Reborn this group is going to last.

8 Red Phoenix

9 Itz so Fluffy

10 TOTL Reborn Central
sink who are these people, cage? Totl Reborn? I suspect most will leave for other waters (worlds)

DeletedUser13315

Well this sounds interesting :) but i will admire totl reborn who was again and again tagged with sink and now you guys are doing pretty well,but i would like to ask why did you take Rone and others in your alliance(No Offense)(Fell free to criticize if you feel), i thought totl consisted of fighters but this is an act of refugee, isn't it? It would be great if someone can explain this from totl :) :)

What about DR members joining TOTL group,addy?Are they refugees?For how long?24hrs?48hrs?

DeletedUser17561

Simmers? We are the number one ranked alliance for fighting. Unless you are advancing some insane theory that we are spending days supporting ghosts to kill them with troops, our total BP is a complete invalidation of the simming concept

We came from the rim (although 35 is arguably not a rim ocean) and we are now in the core. And doing fine. We are not pushing one player so much as we have one player that is a monster fighter.

Totally different concepts people.........totally different

DeletedUser

We came from the rim (although 35 is arguably not a rim ocean) and we are now in the core.

We need a thread to debate this, you find many great alliance in 035 but it isnt the first for oceans that are filled, very odd!

DeletedUser10962

Simmers? We are the number one ranked alliance for fighting. Unless you are advancing some insane theory that we are spending days supporting ghosts to kill them with troops, our total BP is a complete invalidation of the simming concept

We came from the rim (although 35 is arguably not a rim ocean) and we are now in the core. And doing fine. We are not pushing one player so much as we have one player that is a monster fighter.

Totally different concepts people.........totally different

You have 1 fighter who is unproven as yet. He's not had to play with any of the other big boys on the server whereas the others int he top 10 fighters have been spending their time proving their skills fighting each other. Thats not to say angrypolarbear can't play but he/she hasn't had to take on anyone of significance yet

DeletedUser17561

We need a thread to debate this, you find many great alliance in 035 but it isnt the first for oceans that are filled, very odd!

I have noticed, over time, that the best place to start is one ocean away from the core (defined and 44,45,54,55)

Conventional wisdom says "Set down in the core! Thats where there will be all this bloodshed and action! We will control the core and win!"

Well, maybe. What you really get is your growth stopped while you fight nonstop. Very glorious, but not great for a fast start or building a position that will be safe for WW. the metacore, as I call the ocean surrounding the core but not one that will wind up being the true rim, are filled with good players so you can recruit a capable allinace. Anon was not a premade - in fact I don't think the 2 original founders even knew each other beforehand.

Coupled with my belief that how people play world to world is determined more by interest than skill, there is just no advantage to setting down in the core, or even doing so with a premade.

I have also noticed that the game increasingly attracts sprinters. These are guys who start, spend a lot of gold for 2-3 months and sit way up in the rankings, and then just disappear and start another world. The metacore does not seem to have this population of players the way the true core does

Let's have a big round of applause for the metacore Folks - where dreams come true and fake crowns are won....

ME-TA-CORE!........ME-TA-CORE!...........ME-TA-CORE!.......

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17561

You have 1 fighter who is unproven as yet. He's not had to play with any of the other big boys on the server whereas the others int he top 10 fighters have been spending their time proving their skills fighting each other. Thats not to say angrypolarbear can't play but he/she hasn't had to take on anyone of significance yet

To a certain extent, you don't get to choose who get placed in your area. So not having some epic person to fight is an irrelevant criteria by which to judge good fighters. Of course beating some skilled warmonger is good for the rep, but not doing so is not proof of incompetance.

APB runs around our whole empire attending to a variety of unglamorous chores that are dull but need to be done. In fact, I would say it is a more profound comment on his ability to know the critical aspects of when to raise a sword, and not just driving for the nearest big foe for the sole purpose of boasting about it on the externals.

Unlike a shameless, self-promoting glory hound like myself, APB quietly goes about the business of making our allinace into a winner. Fighting exactly when it is needed, and standing down when it is not the best tactical tool.

And that my friend, is the true embodiment of the Art of War.

Quo Erat Demonstratum

DeletedUser

Well, Phalanx is barely a spot on the map now. Testudo are looking to do the same, with the only players left being either inactive or in VM.

TOTL are looking very, very large - and annoyingly have three alliances. Strength in numbers maybe?

DeletedUser10962

To a certain extent, you don't get to choose who get placed in your area. So not having some epic person to fight is an irrelevant criteria by which to judge good fighters. Of course beating some skilled warmonger is good for the rep, but not doing so is not proof of incompetance.

APB runs around our whole empire attending to a variety of unglamorous chores that are dull but need to be done. In fact, I would say it is a more profound comment on his ability to know the critical aspects of when to raise a sword, and not just driving for the nearest big foe for the sole purpose of boasting about it on the externals.

Unlike a shameless, self-promoting glory hound like myself, APB quietly goes about the business of making our allinace into a winner. Fighting exactly when it is needed, and standing down when it is not the best tactical tool.

And that my friend, is the true embodiment of the Art of War.

Quo Erat Demonstratum

You need to reread what I have written before responding assuming I am criticising. What I said was he is unproven as he hasn't had to play with the big boys on the server as of yet. As I said that doesn't mean he's a bad player just that he is unproven having yet to have to deal with anyone of real quality. You suggest that fighting against the better players is a bad way to deduce who is and isn't a good fighter? That's one of the most spectacularly stupid things I've read.

Anyone can play on the rim and do a half decent job and grow a huge alliance. You will always get big alliances on the rim because there's less competition. I don't disagree that joining later on the rim and fighting your way inwards is probably the best way to win the game overall as the current end game stands. Then again thats also why so many of the grepo community have been begging inno to change the endgame for years.

If you're going to sign off like a smug guy who thinks he's proved a point do at least try and get the quote right. It's Quod Erat Demonstratum, failing to do that abbreviate it to Q.E.D. Although I wasn't asking for you to prove something so it doesn't really fit here

DeletedUser

I have noticed, over time, that the best place to start is one ocean away from the core (defined and 44,45,54,55)

Conventional wisdom says "Set down in the core! Thats where there will be all this bloodshed and action! We will control the core and win!"

Well, maybe. What you really get is your growth stopped while you fight nonstop. Very glorious, but not great for a fast start or building a position that will be safe for WW. the metacore, as I call the ocean surrounding the core but not one that will wind up being the true rim, are filled with good players so you can recruit a capable allinace. Anon was not a premade - in fact I don't think the 2 original founders even knew each other beforehand.

Coupled with my belief that how people play world to world is determined more by interest than skill, there is just no advantage to setting down in the core, or even doing so with a premade.

I have also noticed that the game increasingly attracts sprinters. These are guys who start, spend a lot of gold for 2-3 months and sit way up in the rankings, and then just disappear and start another world. The metacore does not seem to have this population of players the way the true core does

Let's have a big round of applause for the metacore Folks - where dreams come true and fake crowns are won....

ME-TA-CORE!........ME-TA-CORE!...........ME-TA-CORE!.......

i agree with you half way
the core cities in the 4 core oceans are more and closer as to the meta-core you mention which has cities more spread our between islands it may be hard to notice because itis only minutes when you speak of averages and then grand scheme of things but if an alliance can stay active and control the core they do have an advantage as far as the players go you are right though alot of one hit wonders in the core they lose a city or 2 and ghost i get that

DeletedUser17561

You need to reread what I have written before responding assuming I am criticising. What I said was he is unproven as he hasn't had to play with the big boys on the server as of yet. As I said that doesn't mean he's a bad player just that he is unproven having yet to have to deal with anyone of real quality. You suggest that fighting against the better players is a bad way to deduce who is and isn't a good fighter? That's one of the most spectacularly stupid things I've read.

Anyone can play on the rim and do a half decent job and grow a huge alliance. You will always get big alliances on the rim because there's less competition. I don't disagree that joining later on the rim and fighting your way inwards is probably the best way to win the game overall as the current end game stands. Then again thats also why so many of the grepo community have been begging inno to change the endgame for years.

If you're going to sign off like a smug guy who thinks he's proved a point do at least try and get the quote right. It's Quod Erat Demonstratum, failing to do that abbreviate it to Q.E.D. Although I wasn't asking for you to prove something so it doesn't really fit here

It has been a busy day fighting those rim battles you seem to think so little of, so I apologize if I did not have time to bust out the Latin dictionary and check the spelling of the phrase. Thankfully you are here in all your "I am so pretentious I only use imported dental floss" glory.

You are criticizing. That is ok - no one reads the externals to see thread after thread of agreement. But at least be forthright about it. and you missed my central point so I will try this again:

Our biggest player does not run around looking for people to fight. He runs around doing 20 other things to position us to win. The idea that you will pure fight your way to victory is absurd and contradictory to most people's grepo experience. Those alliances who start every world with that silly "we are the elite of the elite" profile are gone in 3-6 months. Always.

Fighting is a tactical and not a strategic tool. So you can only fight your way to the next decision point. Lacking any further strategic structure - you will have very little to show for a lot of warfare. So APB attends to all the things that hold the strategic framework together. We got plenty of capable fighters and so do a lot of other alliances. Time will tell whose vision is the most effective with respect to winning this world.

But it is entirely possible he will never want or have to "prove himself" and if he doesn't it will affect the final outcome not one bit.

In summary, your key point seems to be that the best way to determine the best fighter is for them to fight. Fine, but I find that whole concept irrelevant to the goal of winning this game. Like many others, you are overly fixated on fighting as an end, where it is really just a means to an end.