Top 12 Alliances |Sink or Swim|

DeletedUser

I love what i get for trying to pay you guys a compliment. I never said anything about 4/7 or 7/7 being the true winner or not winner.

But in regards to selfish players. I have no idea how you can call out people for saying we did not work our asses off to help our alliance. All the names you mentioned fought for there players and helped out in every imaginable way possible. Everyone knows that rim alliances dont win WW. but we gave it our best shot. i sent resources as often as i could. we put in place the best plan possible.

fighting you guys wasnt personal. You were the ones with the best chance to win a wonder. Why wouldnt we focus on attacking you? more citys and damage we did to you the more it helped our alliances chances.

There comes a point though that you realize that even at our best we did not have the point total to send as many resources or favor drop as much as you guys. So the only thing we could do is try and take citys in your core and mess up your WW. This is part of the game and was by far the best strategy available.

I also love how because ranga gave me a city in your ocean to get me started out there you act like handing off a city to help move players up is dirty and unheard of. Like youve never handed off or taken a handed off city before? We had an opp team and worked together.

Enjoy robert. You guys won, you managed to convince Nordic to give you your win and you can stop complaining that everyone hates your alliance now. See you in another world.

DeletedUser28898

Cult, maybe I did paint with too broad a brush. I apologize for that. I guess hearing from Ranga for months that 4/7 is not a true win grates on you after awhile. And of course you worked to help your alliances. Your alliance wouldn't have gotten to be what it was otherwise. I also don't fault your reasoning for moving into our core. I guess it's more the way it was done. If you're handing a city over to another player in your alliance, its one thing, or to a pacted ally. Ranga was handing them out like candy to any and all comers. Didn't matter the alliance. Maybe if he'd spent as much time trying to hold the rest of TWD together after pramsey screwed them over, WH could have been a bigger player in this world.

And dont give me the "rim alliances dont win WW" BS. I've heard it before. None of the three worlds I played in previously were won by alliances that started in the core. The world TOTL came from ended up with two alliances dominating the world. One started in 43/53, the other started in the 66/75/76 area. Bad Wolf started back in oceans 34/35 and had a legitimate shot to win. I thought Crimson, with three alliances of mostly active players had a decent shot if they ran their wonders right. How can you say rim alliances don't win?

DeletedUser42956

uhmmm after reading all this to see if I get this right

Whether you like it or not, the way Grepo is structured right now, its NOT a "WAR" game, its a "STRATEGY" game.

STRATEGY = Turtle

and

War = not playing on your heels

you have to have the combination of the two to = the winning combination or you end up lopsided

DeletedUser13315

Never thought I'd say this, but being one of those players who ghosted, i agree with Robert. It never felt right to me to be helping Bad Wolf when i wasn't even in the alliance.

I am looking forward to the next conquest world;)

Just tell me one thing,Sir...what did TOTL Reborn North get from all this?In the new conquest world try to jump straight to TOTL Reborn core group or You will see a certificate like Your ears again.

DeletedUser13315

There is one thing I never did understand, so maybe someone can help me out. Why are there so many selfish players in this world? Every player name in this world has a human being behind it. They all play for different reasons, but for most, you like to compete, and you like to win. I see players who have been here almost from the beginning, with 30-40 cities, doing everything they can for their alliance. I'm thinking specifically of the players in Crimson and White Horsemen, but it applies to a lot of other alliances as well. They've worked for months, and in their mind they are hoping for a chance to win a world. They had built alliances that were strong enough to compete for wonders. But then, after all that work, they're made to stop in the middle of building their wonders, give up any chance of winning themselves, and help another alliance win (Bad Wolf), all because a few of their leaders have a personal vendetta? I just think that's WRONG. You don't know how much time and effort, and money, a lot of those players put into the game. What right do you have at the end to take that away from them? And you wonder why a lot of those players went inactive? Why some ghosted even before we got our fourth Wonder?

Look at yourselves in the mirror. I didn't see Malicious Fluff/PBS/Itz So Fluffy take on TOTL. I saw three or four big players: theCult, DM, war lover, along with the instigator A Fat Ranga, and the few with personal vendettas like topdog60, LiudasPoderis, Drwelch and MrScar, make it their personal mission to go after TOTL. That's not teamwork. That's not what being part of an alliance is all about. And that's pretty much what ruined this server. I'll bet a lot of those regular players that got misled by their leaders will never play again because of it. They spent months playing and spending good money, just to be screwed over in the end.

Whether you like it or not, the way Grepo is structured right now, its NOT a "WAR" game, its a "STRATEGY" game. If you're just a simmer, you wont win because you can't grow strong enough. And if you're just a fighter, you won't win, because you don't like what it takes to win the end game. You have to be able to do both. I only played this server because I believed in the guys I was playing with. I already had two wins, (and yes, they were both 4/7 AND 7/7 wins), I didn't need a third. But I knew this group could see the big picture and could win this world. And they did.

Top Dog,Drwelch,MrScar and me did not lead any alliances or any guys.We never said that we are going after WW.All we said that we want to fight TOTL.And everybody with the same wishes are free join us.How this did ruin the server?Ah...I see.Robert,you are not happy with your Victory because it was not a pure TOTL Victory,right?You was forced to make a deal with Nordic and Pigs.And what about TOTL North group,Robert?What about Dwarfthis money?What about god3o time he spent fighting for you?What did they get?NOTHING.You got a certificate for TOTL core members.But what about the team which was working for TOTL purposes all these months?You call all this a teamwork?You manipulated people to achieve what did YOU desire the most...

DeletedUser44293

I can see that most of you care about winning the 4/7 wonders more than I do. Personally, I don't care if I win a server but I wanted my alliance to win. That's all that matters for me and that's what we got. TOTL didn't come to talk to me, I went to talk with them and offered our help to build the wonders, so whoever said that TOTL manipulated us to help them is wrong.

Nordic started this server at the same day as it opened. And actually our first war was against TOTL Reborn. I don't remember why we ended the war, but I believe it wasn't worth to fight against such a good alliance in that early. So we agreed a pact with TOTL and decided to kill others and share the ocean between us. We still have the very same pact that we had agreed 8 months ago. That is something, isn't it?

DeletedUser13315

I can see that most of you care about winning the 4/7 wonders more than I do. Personally, I don't care if I win a server but I wanted my alliance to win. That's all that matters for me and that's what we got. TOTL didn't come to talk to me, I went to talk with them and offered our help to build the wonders, so whoever said that TOTL manipulated us to help them is wrong.

Nordic started this server at the same day as it opened. And actually our first war was against TOTL Reborn. I don't remember why we ended the war, but I believe it wasn't worth to fight against such a good alliance in that early. So we agreed a pact with TOTL and decided to kill others and share the ocean between us. We still have the very same pact that we had agreed 8 months ago. That is something, isn't it?

Kovalevy,I was speaking about satellite TOTL alliances.About the people who were left behind 40's line.Who were kicked out the last minute.Robert said that my and others behavior according to TOTL ruined this server.And somehow I or we misled other players who spent a lot of money or time or efforts in this world.I pointed that he did the same.Brought a Victory to core members while others were left with nothing.

DeletedUser13315

Some players aren't interested in whether or not they're in that 40 at the end. They're satisfied knowing what they helped achieve. I think that applies to a number of players that have already won worlds. We don't need the validation of actually being in the main 40.

Question...Robert,why you did not step aside and let,for example,god3o to get a Crown?Or Pune Jabba?Or Dwarfthis?You already had one...why I dont see you among those "some players who aren't interested in whether or not they're in that 40 at the end. They're satisfied knowing what they helped achieve. I think that applies to a number of players that have already won worlds." ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42956

Question...Robert,why you did not let,for example,god3o to get a Crown?Or Pune Jabba?Or Dwarfthis?You already had one...why I dont see you among those "some players who aren't interested in whether or not they're in that 40 at the end. They're satisfied knowing what they helped achieve. I think that applies to a number of players that have already won worlds." ?

I'll answer for myself LiudasPoderis.

I am here for one simple reason and was asked to come back to play this world due to this fact. To see players who have not won get that win and poss. those dust collectors called a crown.
What you DO NOT UNDERSTAND is this.
In a limited capped world such as this, it's not always about being in that main alliance but being there to support that winning alliance or an alliance such as NOWA to help them achieve the goal set forth within the very begining, to achieve the win of a world and to get players who have never had a crown, a crown.

Where people don't understand, is a crown, the simplest of players can achieve this if they stick around long enough in a world as it decays off (meaning players quit) NOT EVERYONE who has a crown are top caliber players. Thats why the win of getting 4 of 7 is important. Cause when an alliance or alliances who helped achieve that goal, they worked to achieve it. They didnt sit around to wait for a world to die off to get it.

Example: say NOWA TOTL and PIGS all decide to head off to another server right now. and BW or Brandenburg 800 stick around and go ahead and build all 7 monuments. Are you seriously going to tell me that you can say "Oh we got the crowns in this world?" and within this had the main alliances who won it not even being about and consider that winning?

Where GREPO went wrong at is this.
The alliance who builds all 4 of those monuments should not only get the win, but they should give those crowns then, and not where an alliance after the fact can wait it out after everyone ghost out and sit around and build the full 7 without being contested. THAT IS THE JOKE OF THE MONUMENTS AND GREPO. cause as long as a world has 300 or more players those monuments can be rebuilt over and over to where anyone can get a crown. NOT EVERYONE can claim a victory and the win by being the first one to build all 4, for there is only one alliance that can claim that and why they have the wall for the winning alliance of the world to be put on.

It is as simple as that.

And if NOWA would have had 3 and we would have had 2 of the WW's, I would have backed NOWA to make sure they would have achieved it to for the win of this world.
Why? because that is called alliances working together for the benefit of the whole and not just the one in a small capped alliance world to achieve success.

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
Dwarfthis

DeletedUser

Finished what you wanted to say luidas???
Don't poke your nose in those matters in which you have no knowledge.
All people who prove their worth and loyalty and never left totl in its high or low time were there in the last 40. Regarding dwarf and others, all purple were contacted and I am sure if dwarf needed one he would have been there in the top 40. But whom am I telling this.... You guys have nothing to do else try to instigate feelings in totl members by let me tell you one thing no one give a damn chit to your buzzez

DeletedUser42956

And LiudasPoderis those top caliber players along with some of the smaller players are already doing just that cause they, if you look at this map, want to win a world and have moved on to achieve that, instead of sitting around waiting for what you want called a dust collector and the scraps of the longshanks. a crown that means absolutely nothing, for that winners of world have already been POSTED ON THE WALL.

map right now and all the ghost cities on it.
http://grepointel.com/map.php?server=en78&ref=59sna1ni2ib75g5nqoha4v7qt816taijkl744zq

DeletedUser28898

Question...Robert,why you did not step aside and let,for example,god3o to get a Crown?Or Pune Jabba?Or Dwarfthis?You already had one...why I dont see you among those "some players who aren't interested in whether or not they're in that 40 at the end. They're satisfied knowing what they helped achieve. I think that applies to a number of players that have already won worlds." ?

That's a very simple explanation. Its difficult to run a successful WW operation if you're not in the main alliance to do so. I also happen to be on the WW islands. As for players like god3o and pune jabba and the rest getting crowns, we haven't got to the crowns yet, have we? I can assure you the players in TOTL Reborn that already have crowns WILL NOT be in TOTL Reborn when the crowns are given for the seven. I also did what I could to get players in that were interested in the badges for completing different wonders, because we had empty slots for rotation. So, did god3o tell you I made sure he was in the alliance when the Colossus was completed, so that he would get the badge? Or that doctor7 got three badges, because they mattered to him. I did what I could.

As for the certificates, there's not a whole lot I can do about that. Grepo created the cap alliance on this world at 40. But I am able to duplicate that certificate and give any player in TOTL North or THE WAR PIGS that wants one a customized version with their own name and statistics on it. We also changed the alliance name to show "TOTL" (which includes both reborn and reborn north), "Nordic" to represent Nordic Warriors, and "WAR PIGS" to honor the War Pigs. So, EVERY PLAYER in those alliances would also see THEIR alliance reflected on the Hall of Fame wall forever. Was Bad Wolf going to do the same?

The only thing I couldn't do was put 100 players in one alliance, or I would have done it. Because EVERY ONE of them DESERVED it. The players in North have known all along that we couldn't get them the server win, but we will get them crowns. And yet, we had players in North shipping and casting favor from their hospital beds while on dialysis, knowing they weren't in the final 40. But they wanted to be part of a winning team. And they are.

Are you aware that if your team wins the Super Bowl, not only the players and coaches get rings, but a lot of the staff does, even the team photographer and the secretaries. They aren't listed as part of the team. They're not in any of the team photos. They don't get any recognition. But do you think that makes them any less proud of being part of that winning organization? What they do matters, just like what TOTL Reborn North, THE WAR PIGS, Nordic Warriors, Resurrected and Platoon did matters. But again, its always been obvious you don't grasp the concept of "team player".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28898

Just to make sure you understand, Liudas, how far I went to satisfy everyone. Before wonders started, when I was putting together the roster for the main alliance, the first thing you look for is activity. You can't have a player who logs on twice a day sitting on a wonder island. So we moved players around and swapped out cities to make sure only active players were on the islands. Then, when filling out the rest of the roster, I took into account who already had crowns and server wins. There are 5-6 players in North that already had crowns. I asked them if they would mind staying in North to help with the rotations, because you need active players to send return invites promptly. They agreed. Dwarf wasn't interested in a server win. A few others were either mostly inactive, or in VM. So for the most part, there were very few players in TOTL Reborn North that needed the win. When we lost a few Reborn players to inactivity during wonders, I moved more people in from North.

Spots in the alliance that wins are EARNED not given. If someone joins later in a world and really goes 110% to help our alliance, they have a better chance of getting into that final group than a player who's here for months and all they do is sim. You know, the ones that never communicate, never help, just keep building cities. That's no help. Had you stayed in TOTL from when you first joined, BEEN A TEAM PLAYER, helped with the goals of the alliance, you probably would have been in the final 40.

DeletedUser48717

Did I get placed in the end alliance? nope, hear me complain? nope....
Only 40 could be in, and I really dont care that I didnt get to be one of the 40. We won the server, that only 40 get their names on the wall, we knew that for a long time. And everyone in totl north knew they would not be in the final 40, did it stop us from sending resources and spending favor? nope... hence we won...

DeletedUser13315

The point is...we did the same.Were not interested in WW,created a few new alliances and kept fighting TOTL.Somebody with resources,somebody with sword.So,Robert,how we did ruin that server?Or how we misled other guys if we were doing exactly the same what TOTL was doing?
P.S.There is no need to write entire novels to answer my questions.
P.S.S. In a moment I wanted to say "Congratulations,TOTL.Nice Victory".Glad,that I didn't.And I'm sure that I'lll never do it .

DeletedUser42956

Liudas we spoke a time or two during this game and had a few good conversations

I'm going to be honest here within what I came to within our conversations.

The issue within all of it was this:

A player has to be able to set aside personal vengances after alliances collapse as well players.
This was one issue you had major issues with.
It's about being able to set those aside and work within things for that one player given that chance ends up being one heck of a player in a different inviroment or alliance.
And thats one thing you couldnt do within this world as well Scar.

DeletedUser42956

And let me add this Liudas

I also respect you and scar as players, you both are really good within they way you play :) And would defiantly be an asset to any alliance cause you both defiantly know how to play with the best of them.

Good luck to you both within things to come and worlds to come :)

Myrddin Emyrs

Phrourach
The Founder of Bad Wolf would like to say well done for getting all 4 wonders built first, but your not getting all seven let the fight begin, because i predict it will be a long battle, also i have no personal distaste for any players in this world, unless they are disrespectful to me, over the years i have had many mails from players who have been rude to me and have paid for it, so i say to all this is a game we are all players that know how to play there's no point in hating entire alliances of players you end up playing with them in other worlds so its pointless as said there are the few that you end up having personal hatred for because they have been rude in some form or another but whole alliances just because they are in enemy alliance, damm that list would be long for the past 5 years of playing anyway enough said well done see you in grepo...

DeletedUser13315

The only thing was said right in this Forum...behind computers there are human beings.And human beings has feelings.Such a hate,for example.Hate-war driving force,guys.Do you all want me to believe that all your ops,cities takeovers,attempts to steel cities on WW islands were because of LOVE?! ha ha ha ha ha...

And Myr...yes,I do have my damn list.5 years long.Therefore for sure in next EN Conquest world I'll know who are who.If I'll notice anybody from my list.One more thing.I'll choose North West location,like always I do.