Top 12 Alliances Sink or Swim

DeletedUser7176

Someone's starting to lose their marbles...

And what siege are you referring to anyway? The only time I recall you putting a siege on me you pulled when flyers were put in the air. Yes I have friends help me but that is part of game. Quit crying about it. Most players have relied on alliance members and pact members to break a siege or two before. Nothing different about that now.

Does anyone else hear the violins when Coxwana speaks?

is that the instrument in the background. the fat lady warming up is drowning it out. she is not ready to sing yet but i can hear her going through the scales. there is a reason that OV always says we don't want a Win, we are just here to play. no one is disappointed then.

DeletedUser54029

I think that Eligios is dead. There are so many alliances that are hammering down on them. They took first too soon that they painted themselves a target on their backs. Clean and simple

Silver Witch

Strategos
I think that Eligios is dead. There are so many alliances that are hammering down on them. They took first too soon that they painted themselves a target on their backs. Clean and simple

Mmm don't worry Charlie Eligos has been fighting most of the server for a long time. Its a war game anything can happen of course but at this stage i can assure you we are very much alive! :)

DeletedUser54029

Mmm don't worry Charlie Eligos has been fighting most of the server for a long time. Its a war game anything can happen of course but at this stage i can assure you we are very much alive! :)
This is exactly like the story of Rome (actual historical empire). They spilled over their borders like the Romans, and doing so they brought enemies like to Huns right to their gates. Eligios, like the Romans, are painting their own target on their backs.

Silver Witch

Strategos
This is exactly like the story of Rome (actual historical empire). They spilled over their borders like the Romans, and doing so they brought enemies like to Huns right to their gates. Eligios, like the Romans, are painting their own target on their backs.

I am flattered by a comparison to the Roman Empire. The Romans ruled a vast territory for a long time and held /expanded their borders for centuries. Their downfall in the west was caused by a number of factors including internal corruption and political instability, financial strain, the sheer size of their territory and yes pressure from the Huns and other barbarian tribes. I would suggest that at this time the Eligos empire is stable and growing and able to handle pressures on its borders. May i ask who you believe represents the Huns?

DeletedUser54029

I am flattered by a comparison to the Roman Empire. The Romans ruled a vast territory for a long time and held /expanded their borders for centuries. Their downfall in the west was caused by a number of factors including internal corruption and political instability, financial strain, the sheer size of their territory and yes pressure from the Huns and other barbarian tribes. I would suggest that at this time the Eligos empire is stable and growing and able to handle pressures on its borders. May i ask who you believe represents the Huns?
Naturally, the Huns are everyone fighting Eligios (aka anyone not pacted with them), but may I suggest 3 more empires that fell by being to large?

First of all, the Assyrians. They ruled so much land (relevant to time period), and they then lost it by being too large to control, so they were overrun.

Second of all, Persia in the dark ages. They grew large, then they attracted the envy of the Byzantines(which, by the way, could be another example). This led to many wars against them in which left them both at a loss of power. Islam, which was growing at the time, was able to move in and conquer them both.

Finally, British Colonial Empire. They explored new territory and conquered all around the world, causing in wars with the Dutch and French. This caused economic corruption and their loss of their empire.

DeletedUser48750

Thank you for your comment Charlie.
The Eligos has been warned/threatened many times in this server.

We have also been back stabbed a number of times, notably the Romans Empire alliance in game and more recently Wake of the Kraken.

Both of them secretly made arrangements with our enemies and turned on us without notice.

We survived all these times, thanks to our loyal and dedicated players. Our council works very hard for the alliance as well.
Last but not least, we thank our loyal friend To be Confirmed, who chose to stand by us.

DeletedUser54029

Thank you for your comment Charlie.
The Eligos has been warned/threatened many times in this server.

We have also been back stabbed a number of times, notably the Romans Empire alliance in game and more recently Wake of the Kraken.

Both of them secretly made arrangements with our enemies and turned on us without notice.

We survived all these times, thanks to our loyal and dedicated players. Our council works very hard for the alliance as well.
Last but not least, we thank our loyal friend To be Confirmed, who chose to stand by us.
Well, have any been as influential as the Dragons, probably not, but we will be able to beat you, we might not take you out of the game, but we will be able to win.

By the way, who are your other picks

DeletedUser52116

look who is writing ... a player from the alliance which has tried to keep WWs away for almost 1 month now ... you are also talking for pacts lmao how many pacts u have except your sister alliances ? 3 , 4
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif
Advice : Don't talk about others without making sure that your stats are better than theirs
smiley_emoticons_winken4.gif

DeletedUser54029

Keeping WWs away for this time is strategic, I don't want you to figure our our power, so I am not telling our pacts, I have checked the stats, actually, and Eligios has spread themselves thin, also, they have so many people that they will spend their res fighting and not building, so, look who is talking, ... the person from the shallow alliance that doesn't have the diplomacy to do what it takes

Silver Witch

Strategos
Well thanks for the comments Charlie. Im also aware of the rise and fall of other empires and i still don't see a true comparison. Which of you 'Huns' is having any impact at all? Not that it really matters at this point. I do not intend to comment on other alliances, unlike the rest of you we don't have lots of pacts thats true but the test is the WW. You guys - i.e. 'the rest of the world' are the ones delaying it. I suggest if we are spread so thin, and our fighters are going to use their res for other things you might as well let us all get on with it. I don't really follow the logic that says our numbers mean we have to use res on fighting. Either way since WW is delayed, we might as well take more cities while we wait!

As for Dragons being 'influential' please expand on that point. At least offer an example!

I don't need to 'figure out your power' all your pacts are widely known! In fact i would suggest if you were aware of your own pacts then a process of elimination would tell you ours!

Why you would call TBC a shallow alliance is beyond me - they are a fully integrated part of our coalition - clearly this has escaped your notice. They are reliable and trustworthy partners. Im thinking that before you say all these things you should look at the map again. Maybe you are being overwhelmed by false propaganda.

Last edited:

DeletedUser54029

First of all, you misunderstood the term "Shallow Alliance". I used that to comment on Eligios itself, I had no idea that he was a part of TBC, Assassins, or Legions, and neither did I care, everyone knows TBC is part of Eligios, so maybe they should stop hiding it and confess by name that they are Eligios. By shallow means that they have not realized how taking first spot so far before even the predicted WW time would happen would attract envy from other large alliances. They, like the other empires, built their own death trap. The Dragons are influential because we have pacts all over the board. I did not need to look at the map, I can tell from my alliance forum that we know practically everything about top leadership in Eligios.

The Dragons Are Rising

Silver Witch

Strategos
Mmm you just don't have a logical sequence here. 'Taking first spot' was not a choice - its a consequence of having a stable alliance for the entire server and players who fight instead of sim so they grow faster.

What your history seems to have failed to teach you is that being strong and powerful does not usually lead quickly to a fall - that happens with time, change of leadership and general degeneration. I can see nothing that even indicates any of those factors in play here now. What can you see, aside from the fact that we are strongest, that leads you to believe Eligos is falling? I accept that the 'rest of the world' has pacted against us but I fail to see the reason for this alone destroying us. It hasn't for the last few months. Together you may be stronger yourselves, i will take your word that Dragons have great influence with all these other alliances, but in reality we are successfully fighting all of you already so there is very little change from our point of view.

May i suggest that if your leaders shared your confidence they would not feel the need for delaying tactics.

DeletedUser54029

However, you had the choice to break into small alliances to avoid envy from everyone else. Then you could rise near world wonders.

DeletedUser52961

Maybe we wouldn't have to delay ww if you would stop taking cities from rats in 35.Would like to see you sorting situation where you have 10 cities in 55 turning red overnight...and not once or twice.At least we can see you don't feel so confident to win it without help of those people without any morale.Gladly taking them in.But that is your choice and your style of play.You will live with it...

Silver Witch

Strategos
However, you had the choice to break into small alliances to avoid envy from everyone else. Then you could rise near world wonders.

We have no need for trickery we are happy to just play the game. Thats what we have done from the start and how we will continue.

Maybe we wouldn't have to delay ww if you would stop taking cities from rats in 35.Would like to see you sorting situation where you have 10 cities in 55 turning red overnight...and not once or twice.At least we can see you don't feel so confident to win it without help of those people without any morale.Gladly taking them in.But that is your choice and your style of play.You will live with it...

We have never actively recruited, mostly we reject applications. There are 2 I believe that you refer to. The first, which was some time ago now, agreed to hand you his 35 cities but you failed to take them and then tried to take them all - he joined then. He had not been part of your main 3 alliances for a long time prior to that. The second is predominantly our area and we have not vigorously defended most of his 35 cities. These are exceptions - you have many players who can verify our refusal to accept dragons.

Last edited:

DeletedUser48750

You are probably not aware how many applications we have rejected in order to maintain a fair play and may be you never realize how much effort we have put in to maintain our team.

Feel free to talk to your players who have joined us to see if we have ever tried to play unfairly. We provide home to players whom we think should be given a chance but with or without them we are still leading. And we don't have to delay WW because we planned it well ahead,which is the real difference here.

DeletedUser52961

i am not saying you were recruiting and not saying you didn't reject more rats then you took in...and the one that silver witch is talking about dropped alliance just to join you...supported you well before he joined and was signing his posts as "founder dragon" once...and i don't want to see how you defend for real if 15 broken sieges in 24hrs you don't refer as "not vigorously defending"...yap our ww isn't set great but just cos all of those rats and foxes that keep donating cities to you in 35...

DeletedUser54029

We have no need for trickery we are happy to just play the game. Thats what we have done from the start and how we will continue.

We have never actively recruited, mostly we reject applications. There are 2 I believe that you refer to. The first, which was some time ago now, agreed to hand you his 35 cities but you failed to take them and then tried to take them all - he joined then. He had not been part of your main 3 alliances for a long time prior to that. The second is predominantly our area and we have not vigorously defended most of his 35 cities. These are exceptions - you have many players who can verify our refusal to accept dragons.
For the record, it wouldn't be trickery, it would be called strategy.

Not that an alliance that made itself the enemy of all other alliances would understand that.