Top 12 Alliances Sink or Swim

DeletedUser41440

Getting pretty quiet around here, anyway any new opinions with the top alliances or any interesting wars going on?

DeletedUser51735

Getting pretty quiet around here, anyway any new opinions with the top alliances or any interesting wars going on?

Top 12 might change up a bit soon, by the looks of stats it seems Romans just back stabbed Eligos. I'd put my money on Romans sinking a bit very soon if I was into gambling. They just don't seem to have as stable a core, and are going to have a hard time maintaining pacts if they just break NAPs with no notice..

Baudin Toolan

Grepolis Team
Sometimes there is a serious advantage in being smaller as you can be far more coordinated and communicating is way easier. When you have a ton of people some players might not support each other because they assume the other 90 some odd members will support so I don't need to this time but then those other 90 people think the same thing. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better in Grepolis.

DeletedUser53586

Top 12 might change up a bit soon, by the looks of stats it seems Romans just back stabbed Eligos. I'd put my money on Romans sinking a bit very soon if I was into gambling. They just don't seem to have as stable a core, and are going to have a hard time maintaining pacts if they just break NAPs with no notice..

There's a difference between backstabbing and having a hot-headed, selfish co-leader betray TRE for Eligos. Only reason this war started was because of that betrayal otherwise this inevitable war would've still been brewing quietly as both sides continued to prepare for it.

DeletedUser53503

When Eligos recruits your #1 member with cities all over your "core" and offers no 24/48hr refugee status you don't have many options.
Also Eligos is pretty much two alliances in top 3.. what's fun about that. Hopefully some war will clean that up.

As far as the pact went, only one member (the one who left us) was targetted. Afterwards it was open season once NAP was broken by both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Witch

Strategos
When Eligos recruits your #1 member with cities all over your "core" and offers no 24/48hr refugee status you don't have many options.
Also Eligos is pretty much two alliances in top 3.. what's fun about that. Hopefully some war will clean that up.

As far as the pact went, only one member (the one who left us) was targetted. Afterwards it was open season once NAP was broken by both sides.

Eligos has a refugee rule - 24-48 hours. We have always honoured this but The Romans do not have it so in this one instance, with the Romans only, we had an agreement to no refugee status. There was a previous incident where the Romans also attacked an immortal recruit of ours, a few weeks ago. Following that I twice offered to review the refugee rule between us but there was no response.

The Roman leader mentioned here moved to Eligos because he could no longer cope with the internal behaviour of the Romans. Their constant backstabbing and their belief that all agreements are only there to suit themselves. We immediately offered to swap all core cities but the offer was ignored and 24/7 attacks commenced. We did not dissolve the NAP immediately, we made the offer of city swaps again but to no avail.

Last edited:

DeletedUser53017

Eligos has a refugee rule - 24-48 hours. We have always honoured this but The Romans do not have it so in this one instance, with the Romans only, we had an agreement to no refugee status. There was a previous incident where the Romans also attacked an immortal recruit of ours, a few weeks ago. Following that I twice offered to review the refugee rule between us but there was no response.

I expect their Experienced Ocean Commanders were busy doing important Experienced Ocean Commandery stuff.

thewilsh

Phrourach
So I was cruising past the forum, took a peak at who was playing this world spoke to an old friend who is out on the Rim and asked him who he was fighting. He said "The Roman Emprire, no 2 Alliance", asked how things were going.... "simple really, I dont need to snipe they do it for me by crashing into their own stuff" was the response. Think I'll pass on this server.......

Coxwana

Phrourach
bahahaha

So I was cruising past the forum, took a peak at who was playing this world spoke to an old friend who is out on the Rim and asked him who he was fighting. He said "The Roman Emprire, no 2 Alliance", asked how things were going.... "simple really, I dont need to snipe they do it for me by crashing into their own stuff" was the response. Think I'll pass on this server.......

Come on mate, come have some fun. I could find you a home.

DeletedUser50653

Hmm...I seem to remember the number one alliance failing a conquest on one of my cities the exact same way...lol.

DeletedUser25050

Silver Witch flatters herself in her interpretations methinks

DeletedUser17088

can anyone make a new top12 ? a lot have changed

not really, the top twelve could easily be top 5-6 if all the sub alliances where factored into one

#1 Eligos - 23507620
#2 The Romans- 18008764
#3 Assumed Dragon Coalition (dragon Rising, Rising Dragons) 10184374
#4 Necromongers- 6940330
#6 Stallionz- 4961497
#7 TBC- 4839611
#8 Hades boatmen blah blah

you get the point, and this is also assuming that these alliances do not have interwoven pacts with one another, making this even more of a hugfest :D

so ill dumb it down again

#1 Eligos
#2 Romans
#3 Other Alliances pacted with everyone
#4 Other Alliance pacted with no one

A truly horrific world in terms of Crown hunting haha

DeletedUser52116

here is my top12

1. Legions of Eligos : A good alliance doing preety well in this world . They have a lot of good players and currently controlling O55 . They have gone this far by merges like The Black Death & Apocalypse or SPARTA. etc . Personally I didnt expect them to get this far
2. The Roman Empire : Nice alliance currently controlling O44 and O45 . They have some good players but also a lot of new players and noobs . They have a nice core in borders between O44;45;54;55
3. Assassins of Eligos : See Nr 1
4. Necromongers : Controlling O43 and O53 . They have some good fighters and when first created they started this world really aggressively fighting TBC but now they have been preety quiet and also had some problems with internals
5. Dragons Rising : Nice looking alliance which has grown really quick and has a nice core in o35 and o46 (Rise of the dragon)
6. Hades boatmen : This alliance has been formed recently by former Pythagoreans players and dont know much about them
7. Wild Stallionz : Never had to do with them so i dont think i know anything about them except the fact that they are building a nice core in o44&o45 border
8. To Be Confirmed : My alliance so no comment
9. Rise of the dragon : See Nr 5
10. The Praetorian Guard : See Nr 2
11. Coastal Wolves : A good alliance with some good players in it and currently controlling the whole O56 and O57 but seems that Eligos clan is getting on their way
12. Mercenaries of Eligos : See Nr 1 and 3

Hope you guys like it :)

DeletedUser

the problem with all these lists are the number of pacts on this server. for example, there are 9 of the larger alliances people keep mentioning banding together to take eligos, so eligos may soon be gone, which could create a large power vacuum in which anything could happen