Top 12 Alliances Sink or Swim

Silver Witch

Strategos
I have a question. If you have more than 100 players under the same banner are you automatically called an MRA?

It seems I have a war going on against an MRA who are still trying to message all my players to recruit them. Because their mass numbers cant break down a bunch of "noobs", they resort to messaging, threatening and recruiting my players - and to almost ALL my players? Very impressive stuff from the top alliance. They also seem confused when my players chose loyalty over what they consider to be certain victory. That's because some people have a bit of class and honour to them. Something, Eligos may be lacking.

Personally for me, if the world alliance is cap is 100, then you try to do your best with 100. Currently in the top 10 there are only 3 alliances who are not part of an MRA. What does that say about this world hey..... So to adapt does this mean I must make or join an MRA as well?

...when I played this game years ago. Skill, respect, honor, good Ops planning etc. These were the things that made you successful. What happened??!!

An MRA is an alliance which mass recruits - we rarely recruit at all. I could count on one hand the members i have actually asked to join this server and we would certainly never mm anyone with invites. Im not sure where you get your information from Monster. I think it would be worth checking your sources.

Its true i am asked daily if i will accept members from all alliances and occasionally we do say yes Thats part of the game. I won't comment on the Wolves specifically i don't think thats fair.

Skill, respect, honour and ops planning - i agree. To the best of our ability this is the way we play.

We have seen cooperation against us with your 2 alliances (114 members), the 3 dragon alliances (262 members) and Hades Boatmen (65 members). We are fighting more alliances that this but these 3 we have seen you working with. We have 168 members, this has not changed significantly for months. We grow by playing not recruiting. We also have allies but they are not assisting with fighting you, they have their own enemies in other oceans and are also outnumbered.

Coxwana

Phrourach
Rise of the Apes.

They followed us from Carphi.

Disbanded and broke up over the weekend. They were bleeding cities to us.

Once again they lose.

DeletedUser7176

Coxwana looking over your location and how you are positioned i think you have a very decent chance of winning the world. That is unless someone else decides to take you on. Then you may still win. It will certainly be very hard to dislodge you or even make serious inroads to you on that rim with Bloodhammer in your back pocket.

DeletedUser51055

Not a big forum guy but I had to see the comments on this world after a discussion with a few top players in HELIKE about HELIKE. I have some comments of my own.

1. This is probably the worst world I have played in. Its turning out to be MRA Eligos vs MRA Dragons for the server. I have never seen a world where the alliance cap is 100 and an alliance feels the need to have 3, 4, 5 divisions under its name PLUS PACTS!! Since the Roman break up, we now also have a new extension to the dragon empire - breathing fire while the rest join Eligos. Its just so poor. A cap of 100 is more than enough. This is spoiling the game for small alliances like mine who are trying to do it on our own and have fun with it. One siege from us, sees myth fliers coming from 2 oceans away and I am sitting here wondering if anyone else is fighting. I am almost sure the top two alliances ARE NOT!!

2. Eligos diplomacy is one of their most powerful weapons. I believe it is the reason they are where they are and still growing stronger. However, what I did not like is how they try to break up any alliance that seems an equal match by trying to recruit players or turn players with this diplomacy weapon of theirs. That is the part of the game I don't like, but at the same time, Eligos have done us small alliances a favour. They took all the sell outs and took them in for themselves. What they left behind is alliances with only loyal pure players who you can trust and enjoy playing with, without fear of being back stabbed. I would love to see when things get heavy for Eligos, if these same sell outs don't hit the ghost button when there is no other alliance to run to. Still taking nothing away from the backbone of Eligos that I feel will always remain even when the sell outs dont.

3. I also received an offer to join Eligos and (as honoured as I was) I would have joined if it had not been for the fact that I would be leaving behind a great team of new players who put their trust in me and their time in me. I only play this world for them now. I lose sleep only for them now. I would have joined their alliance if I knew my team were coming with me, and we were together going to go for the server with no one else. All the "hugs" as you guys put it, really spoils the game and gives little hope for new players to enjoy the game or learn how to play it.

4. Finally, whoever was trying to quote CW about burning witches at the stake, dont be a Rupert Murdock and print off any crap that sounds good. Yes we fight Eligos because they are the server favourites and we share a boarder with them. Isn't that what your meant to do? And we try to have fun doing it too. Dont make things harder than it is by quoting us on stuff we didn't say. Thanks

This game has seriously changed from a few years back. It isn't the same game and what is worst, no one wants to really fight. We were part of a coalition of maybe 5-6 alliances lead by the Romans. Do you know how much support we received from our "allies". Zero. Absolutely nothing!! Not even a piece of intel lol. But we are proud to be on our own, proud to be fighting the server favourites and proud of the team I am in and the players new to the game who have grown with the alliance. Proud to be part of an alliance that keeps it fun and simple.

I think the question in this world is....will there be any alliances left that do not have an "Eligos" or "Dragon" themed alliance name by the end? Now that is a question to ask....

As I said at the beginning, I do not write on the forum much, so thank for reading my small book. I feel like it needs a title. I'll call it "Tales of a Wolf". Awooooooooooo!!

it is a shite world...

FlcoBlades

Phrourach
MonsterMan, that was a fair assessment of this world. +Rep

Some Alliances, such as mine, are not entirely happy playing this type of way.

However, we would like to win this world. As a starter in a core ocean, the only way in which we have a chance is to build WW with our Pacts.

If this was not a requirement to win at this stage, we would happily go it alone.

I am not sure about you, but we don't make a habit of wasting months of our time and countless hours sitting in front of a computer screen to lose :)

Coxwana

Phrourach
Coxwana looking over your location and how you are positioned i think you have a very decent chance of winning the world. That is unless someone else decides to take you on. Then you may still win. It will certainly be very hard to dislodge you or even make serious inroads to you on that rim with Bloodhammer in your back pocket.

We (OV) have no intention of going for the win. We are here to fight and play Grepo. WW's is crap. All anyone seems to be doing is moving for WW's 10 months before it all happens.

As we can see, the big rim coalition that WAS Pyth is gone, Rise of the Apes came here with a score to settle and....well....they are gone, CW (honest, genuine, faithful, respectful) leader, gone and got himself a permanent ban. Clearly not doing what he claims to be. Now CW are as good as dead. Some reformed into The Pack, and they think they are going to take on the whole side of the ocean for the win. They (in the last few days) claim they will run over us and absorb the rest to take on Eligos. 4 leaders and 4 founders in an alliance with only 58 members is laughable. Whispers from inside say half leadership wants war with OV and the other half wants pact.

Something new every day out here. Pact requests coming in, coalition requests coming in.

Eligos would be sitting back laughing at this.

We want no part in the end game. We just want to play a war game.

DeletedUser43325

OV is here to play a war game. That might be one of the most oxymoronic things I've ever heard.. One of the lowest BP averages among any alliance in the server. And I got tired scrolling for Cox's personal BP ranking, never wound up finding it. If I was only looking at your own personal conquests it would seem that you are playing a ravaging war game with your own alliance. Enemy cities have always been a bit tricky for you though, so that's fine.

You guys should just own the fact that all you're good at is simming and colonizing. Hell, you might be the best collection of simmers in the game. But please don't come here pretending to be anything more than that. We all know better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coxwana

Phrourach
And i was wondering how long it'd take you come out from under your rock.

The man that tricked his way into Syndicate right before 3rd round of crowns so you could get one knowing damn well you did nothing to deserve it or help except be enemy for the whole server and many in the past.

Low act even for your standards. Not that we were surprised you'd do it though.

Coxwana

Phrourach
As far as conquests are concerned. The game has all forms. Attackers, supporters and both. But all you supporters out there are nothing and **** in the eyes of the great Miknel. Who changes accounts every server. Why would that be? Hmmmm. The self professed hero he is.

DeletedUser43325

And i was wondering how long it'd take you come out from under your rock.

The man that tricked his way into Syndicate right before 3rd round of crowns so you could get one knowing damn well you did nothing to deserve it or help except be enemy for the whole server and many in the past.

Low act even for your standards. Not that we were surprised you'd do it though.

23ca3552e657428790352a9e4eba6ea2.png

791ee78952e8432282e6515a6c396779.png

Some trick! And I'd say based on your reaction mission accomplished.

As for your inference about my changing of account names, it's primarily to refresh my VM days. If you had half a brain you'd realize that I've never exactly hid who I was. In fact, I'm pretty sure I just pasted my Carphi IGN right there for all to see (and it's not the first time). And I cant speak for "all the supporters of the world" being "nothing and ****" in my eyes, but I can speak for you being nothing and **** in my eyes.

If you'd like to continue to speak about other servers, go find the appropriate forum and I'll meet you there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7176

It seems that Ocean Veterans may have just blundered. Somehow they got themselves into a war with Eligos. That does not seem to be their style. They do not like to participate in wars usually. They view wars as a spectator sport. I guess they are going to have to be a participant now. It remains to see how they do after they manage to pick off a few cities of inactive players though. As far as i could see, Eligos does not have many of those. I have seen a huge movement of Eligos towards the 065 ocean though. When a war breaks out there are two kinds of players. Those that run towards the action and those that run away from the action. It does appear that Eligos has a large player base that likes to run towards.
Frankly i would not bet on Ocean Veterans future at this point. They better pick off as many players as they can before Eligos gets there in force or my prediction is the Ocean Veterans will be pushed back to 075. Pyth was doing that until what appeared to be personality clashes tore them apart. I am betting Eligos will not suffer from that problem. Coxwana i would start looking for a nice little island as far back in 075 that i could find to retire to, and hope that Eligos gets tired of chasing you. You did have a chance for WW but that evaporated like a whiff of mist when dawn breaks. Some of Eligos are not even bothering to roll up the scattered cities. They are building/taking cities right in your core. Going for the jugular as a true predators do. Things are getting ready to get real exciting for you guys.