Top 12 Alliances

• Thread starter DeletedUser18825
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Thanks Baqu :)

Mike >> I'm happy you're answering. I've got messaged ingame by Miknel, too.

I think you are thinking of different guys and a different alliance here. The guys that came in .aka were from a corinth alliance "responce error".
No no, i'm talking about the right guys.
In Epsilon, the were part of Seriously Enlightened since long, when i first started to play grepolis. Some great guys there.
On Upsilon, they were Drunken Pacifists then .Aka. Some of the guys there were Miknel and others who started here, in Heraklion. But as i thought, they already left, finding this world too slow (i couldn't recognize the names of your alliances, so i expected this. Too bad though, there's never too much good players on a world ^^)

The merge with Under construction was a very early thing. Under construction was an alliance started by a few friends who played together in Rho (in an alliance called Rho-bust) who wanted another go together. The merge happened when both alliances were beginning to recruit in the ocean, and kept bumping into each other... still only had about 10 - 15 members each when we decided to become 1, and basically give up recruiting.

Yep, i know that. But i had time to spot .Aka before that, and was really excited about it, but i know your merge had been a really early thing ^^

Its true, SA does seem to be a little on the slow side at the moment. I think we can put this down to 3 main reasons
1. The world speed. Dunno about the other guys in my alliance, but i haven't played in a speed 1 world in a long old time. In faster worlds, things happen faster, wars move faster, and you need to play, friendships come and go faster. As this was a speed 1 world, i thought we would take everything a bit slower as well. Carefully consider our strategy and movement more... because we have the time. (FYI it takes nearly 2 weeks to build a full LS nuke even with COTO enacted on speed 1)
Don't speak about it >< I know that and i've lost a nearly complete Nuke on WP harbour in the last hours... Well, i'll conquer the city, so it was worth the cost, but it's so pitiful to see this small amount of boats in my harbour now :-(

2. The world around us. Whilst many alliances have come and gone already (with no serious wars as of yet) SA is still here in more or less the same form they were on the first week the server opened. How many other top 12 alliances can seriously say that? With the alliances in the other core oceans merging to become vast SA has stuck to their guns and 'kept the blood pure' as it were. With these other massive merged empires around us, we have to be a bit more careful about who we annoy, as we know not to bite off more than we can chew.
Sure, things were calm on your oceans. Oc44 and oc 55 were the most interesting core ocean i think.

3. Activity. I am sure other alliances have struggled the same way that SA has (maybe a reason for the large number of merges) We have had huge issues with player activity, and each time a player leaves, there city has to be taken to stop there being holes in our defence structure, i feel that this has had a lot to do with the slow expansion of the alliance
Yep, speed 1 world takes a huge toll on players inactivity.

This was a massive point of argument over the early days of SA. Some members pointed out that due to the slow start of the world, getting a second city early might help the alliance with early growth (remember no big alliance endorses colonizing at all apart from ww islands so its a pretty un-tested strategy). The other half were of the main steam belief it was better to wait and then get a decent city.
I was surprised by it too, but it may be worth a try. Anyway, it's good to see new strategies being tried.

Yes we did take in Gemrick, but i feel this does not indicate a desire to move west. Gemrick is a good player, who we in SA felt deserved a second chance in the core. WDS did there best to eradicate him and the number of CS's he successfully crushed was great considering he was working alone. I do think the guy deserves kudos for that.
I did expect WDS to maybe mention it to me, or do something, maybe we could have made some sort of agreement (i am a reasonable guy) but i have heard nothing from them.
I'm not doing the diplomacy job ^^ And all WDS weren't going at him, just 8-10 players from The Precedence / ATARI (still a lot when you're alone, true). He did preserves some of his cities quite well. But it was still surprising to se ehis harbour stacked with SA birems when he joined you a few hours ago, with the CS already launched.

maybe we didn't live up to your expectations... but at least we are still here.
Don't misunderstand me, you're doing great. But i had so great expectations from you, since in every world i've played, .aka guys were the top players and the rest the challengers, that i was surprised and a bit disappointed to see you let RP and WP play the main roles.

DeletedUser

The text that you have entered is too long (13117 characters). Please shorten it to 10000 characters long.

You know what ? I'm not even surprised...

I) Wine Dark Sea
Players: 82.
Cities: 626 (7,6 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +135 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 892 377 (10 883 per player) (+619 809 since last update).
DBP: 288 988 (3524 per player) (+241 676 since last update).

What can you say about Wine Dark Sea ? Since the merge of ATARI and Idle Hands, we were the stronger alliance, even if Wolf Pack was first in some stats. Now, WDS is officially first in nearly all the stats. Best points, best points per member, most cities, best ABP, most cities conquered this last 28 days, best grow in ABP and BP since last update...

Still, we are but the leader of a trio, two other alliances doing quite fine.

Let's focus on WDS for the moment, though. Since the last update, lots happened. Sumus Aeterni tagged along with Wolf Pack and attacked us. Hashashins, pacted with both WDS and SA, refused to take a side.

Then, because of internal disagreement, SA split in two. More than half the members joined us or STEAMROLLERS, the others stayed and were conquered (or are still conquered) by WDS-SR. Wolf Pack continue to lose cities to us and Blunt Posse. And we declared war on Hashashins.

The reason was simple: a pact isn't a NAP. It's an agreement between two alliances to become allies, ready to fight any enemy and help the other alliance when they're at war. That's how WDS consider it anyway. But apparently, Hashashins didn't. They pacted their only two neighbours so SA or WDS won't attack them, then just refused to help against the war with Wolf Pack by granting support (stupid, they'd have made BP), or make pressure on SA to have them stop their attacks. Obviously, Hashashins wasn't considering us as allies, but just as neighbours. Just like Wolf Pack did actually. So we did the same as with Wolf Pack, we dropped a pact with people that we couldn't trusted to have our backs.

So, right now, we're at war with Wolf Pack, who fell and start to disband (some member joined us, others founded Left Bank, 2 out of 5 are still in WP). And Hashashins. Who's doing okay. They lost many cities to us, but they also successfully sniped some, and tried to take some from us. Congrats to them for stacking 1200 birems in a city once, and doing the same right now.

But we still haven't lost a single city.
WDS 33 - 0 WP
WDS 16 - 0 Hash
And counting...

II) STEAMROLLERS
Players: 84.
Cities: 496 (5,9 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +121 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 386 043 (4596 per player) (+370 272 since last update).
DBP: 95 181 (1133 per player) (+89 218 since last update).

Number two of the world, great growth in cities conquered this last 28 days and ABP since the last update. Really, Sons of Sparta and Shadow Elite should have merged long before. Who would have expected them, two months ago, to be the second alliance of a leading trio ?

They are nicely regrouped, and i don't see anyone right now to cause trouble for them. They lost only one city, to Olympus, since SR was founded (and one to Shadow Elite, their academy, so i don't count it as a loss), while conquering a lot, they crushed pending who had some good stats and average points per member, and are now the main powerhouse in the east. Celtics, just on their east, and maybe Olympus, on the south-east, should worry or start the diplomatic relations like crazy, since WP and SA ain't really a good hunt anymore, and if SR want to grow well, they have to take down a big prey for the Battle points.

III) BLUNT POSSE
Players: 83.
Cities: 463 (5,6 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +122 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 550 093 (6628 per player) (+345 776 since last update).
DBP: 221 790 (2672 per player) (+130 844 since last update).

Third alliance of the leading trio, an alliance who made his way little by little to the top. Blunt Posse, RIM alliance, composed mainly of players new to grepolis, was one-in-many alliance of the south. The incident with FUBAR stained their reputation, both for diplomatic reason, and the fact they couldn't time well their attacks and take a city out of a much smaller alliance.
Then they grew, until the point they were match with Grepo Elite. Who then merged with Wolf Pack. BP was refused legitimate refugee status, and end up with a war with WP. They held their ground, and even started to win. Now that WP fell, they took a bunch of city from them in one go, making the stats 21 - 5 for them. But even before that, they took 2 cities for 1 lost.
The death of their allie, LIX (Legio IX), at the hand of Olympus, provided them with new members as well.

Now, it's interesting to see what they will do. Feed on WP remains, probably, but then, what ? The west, and The Barbarians ? The east, and Olympus ? Or the north, and WDS ?

IV) Olympus
Players: 81.
Cities: 329 (4,1 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +67 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 259 148 (3199 per player) (+172 554 since last update).
DBP: 134 871 (1665 per player) (+88 718 since last update).

Top 4 of the world, but quite late compared to the top 3. A good but not great growth in battle points and cities since last update. they seems to be cleaning up their oceans of the small alliances and of their own inactives. But they need to do better if they want to step on the podium of the world. Located between Blunt Posse and Steamrollers, they'll eventually have to fight with one of them for a top spot anyway.

DeletedUser

V) HASHASHINS
Players: 61.
Cities: 292 (4,8 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +51 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 468 543 (7681 per player) (+233 269 since last update).
DBP: 217 405 (3564 per player) (+191 171 since last update).

As said previously in the WDS comment, they're doing okay, but not great. Sniping really well some of our CS, stacking thousands of troops and birems in our cities when trying to conquer, is awesome. Losing a lot of cities is bad. But well, they have the thoughest of opponent.
Even with less members than WDS, they manage to conquer some cities in their ocean to keep up with the cities lost (22 conquer, 13 internal, 16 loss to WDS). Because of the war, too, they have some great ABP and DBP. Still, if they keep losing cities while we never lose some, they'll end up wiped out. Without SA here anymore, the future looks gloomy for hashashins. Good opponent though, it's fun :)

VI) Wolf Pack
Players: 36.
Cities: 204 (5,7 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +8 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 844 036 (23 445 per player) (+345 839 since last update).
DBP: 582 190 (16 172 per player) (+455 873 since last update).

The end of the pack was foreseen since long, but they are falling only now. Being conquered north-east-west and south was too much. Lots of players left the ship, having the members count dropped from 83 to 36. Derek leaving, the leadership is in unknown hands, but it's too late to save the alliance anyway. Bad diplomacy (wanting too much allies) and too much confidence in stats brought this alliance down, and i can't help but think it's a waste.

VII) Celtics
Players: 84.
Cities: 245 (2,9 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +29 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 106 649 (1270 per player) (+80 640 since last update).
DBP: 35 686 (425 per player) (+25 255 since last update).

The ridiculously little amount of battle points earned since the last update and the two "sister" alliances seems to indicate this alliance will fall, sooner or later. And rather sooner than later, as i see them as the next SR prey. Cutting all the useless members and keeping the best of the three alliances would be a good idea, right now, or having some serious training to make the members understand you don't play sim-city here, and you have to work for your alliance, not have the alliance work for you...

VIII) The Barbarians
Players: 75.
Cities: 210 (2,8 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +40 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 183 919 (2452 per player) (+98 379 since last update).
DBP: 62 197 (829 per player) (+37 737 since last update).

Why, just why, do you still have 29 members with one city ? More than athird of the alliance who's not pulling their own weight, months after starting, is a problem. Slow growth in battle points is another. Should Blunt Posse look west, The barbarians will have trouble. Time for the leaders to take some serious action here ! Train your boys, cut dead weight, push your alliance more. Except a few players, You're growing too slowly to be a serious force here, when you show promises when you started. That's kinda disappointing.

IX) illuminati
Players: 35.
Cities: 140 (4,0 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +30 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 143 689 (4105 per player) (+74 982 since last update).
DBP: 98 496 (2814 per player) (+41 338 since last update).

illuminati may be small, but they're good. Still, they're growing surprisingly slowly since a few weeks. Florewieter leaving the game was a huge blow to them, obviously.
With Wolf Pack eliminated, it's time for them to snap out of it and clean their own ocean, where Army of Achilles is expanding. Without the control of their main ocean, they'll be in trouble if war started with others alliances.

X) Army of Achilles
Players: 71.
Cities: 139 (2,0 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +33 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 67 253 (947 per player).
DBP: 73 445 (1034 per player).

A new alliance. Having so few cities and BP don't tell much about them right now. Having more DBP than ABP, though, is kinda bad. Spawning in illuminati's ocean is kinda harsh, but if they managed to end up controlling the ocean, they'd have had a good first test.

XI) Left Bank
Players: 11.
Cities: 74 (6,7 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +4 (Alliance was founded recently).
ABP: 12 782 (1162 per player).
DBP: 6 590 (599 per player).

A new alliance, made of WP players who left. I can't say a lot about them right now. Let's just watch where this is going.

XII) Shadow Elite
Players: 67.
Cities: 131 (2,0 per player).
Cities conquered minus cities lost : +23 (last 28 days, no internal).
ABP: 114 633 (1711 per player).
DBP: 57 116 (852 per player).

Now the SR academy, after the merge with Sons of Sparta. Low stats, but that's to be expected of an academy. Hopefully, the leaders in charge of the trainings know their jobs :)

DeletedUser

I think this is a great piece of work and ive just added to your rep.

DeletedUser

Glad to see BP are doing well even though I dont play on heraklion anymore, being one of the major players involved in it's early stages and being the main 'experienced player' who wrote most of the guides and answered questions