Top 12 Alliances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

So losing 0 citys then quitting makes us losers?

Yeah we are.

We are not playing the server till the end

Even if you would've stayed, it would've been the same result. We would've just got more BP from your guys pathetic attempts to rebuild. I guess nobody can admit defeat after they've talked so big and proudly of themselves. As for your comment "we play for ABP" most of our players have more ABP than you and whoever else was on your team.. with the exception of Zippa.

Sore loser.

DeletedUser17104

IMO this is just what happens on every server. When the server starts there are all ways a groups of experinced, good players who join. they play for bit, talk a bunch on the forums, if they rise to the top they stay if not they leave and go on to another (I think this is because usually they all ready have a main world where they put in a lot of time and sweat and r unwilling to do the same again and r looking for an easier road IMO.

read the top 12 alliances post for all the past worlds and in most u will see something like what is happening here.

DeletedUser12667

we were bigger and bit off more than you could chew!

Been in that boat before:eek: It was awesome loosing 12 of my 15 cities in a week:)

And in my opinion, on revolt worlds size defintly matters. Unlike conquest where you can dodge and offensivly snipe cs's, revolt you can send multiple cs's along with massive clearing. Even the best sniper will likely end up loosing his defensive troops to the onslaught eventually.

I am here to win this world or get rimmed trying, plain and simple!

Now that is definatly the attitude to have:) + rep for sure:cool:

DeletedUser

Well heres a character assassination, theres two NooB camps called Maelstrom & Maelstrom II

firstly an Academy so early in the game is a giveaway their main alliance is not capable of standing alone.

Secondly they have a combined point total of 1'766'716 so who do they start a fight with for their enemy ? a 29'000 point alliance with just 10 members lol thats right, they have players with 20+ citys in their ranks, compared to their enemys in Boomsticks largest city being 8k in size and only 3 citys to one member.

look at this guy below, he had help from 3 members of his oversized sim building alliance to conquer this lowly 1700 point city and then look how much support they pumped into defend it because there is 4 Boomstick citys on the same island all at 2k in size.

[report]1840477f5bca929f45985d217cfbcea2[/report]

Cowardly or what ? Maelstrom 1 & 2, you are named and shamed for not being sporting players and nothing more than a bunch of cowards.

There was larger citys around these guys they could have captured instead they target a small fry alliance thats just starting late to the world,

Grow a pair and actually show some self respect and fair play.

I would wager that the first decent organised alliance to attack them will force them to disband in less than 3 weeks of solid attacking.

Since I have seen so many people post about other being MRAs... could you give me your definition of an MRA? Everyone is getting so annoying with that term.. mainly because they can't defeat their enemies in game, so they try to blame it on something other than their clear lack of skill.

My definition of MRA is an alliance who will recruit ANYBODY for points or just generaly anybody that doesnt add or contribute to making their alliance better.

they max out their membership and then will posibly try to create an academy and do the same the same to feel safe as in an MRA leaders mind "Bigger is better/safer" :rolleyes:

About your point underlined "so they try to blame it on something other than their clear lack of skill." some alliances get defeated not because of lack of skill but because their enemys are nothing more than cowards or bullys, I mention this because not because of whats happening between your alliances, but because there is too many oversized NooBs in Grepo these days, and they always target enemys smaller than themselves to make sure they can win when the odds and size advanatge is so heavily in their favor,

ie check my other post about Maelstrom I & II a typical coward alliance 1.7 million in size bullying a upstart alliance of just 29'000 points.

Boomstick have a very skilled membership the problem is location and size disadvantage, theres one guy with 20+ citys for an island neighbour, thx to Grepos placement of new players,......version.1 of Grepolis used to make sure any new players even joining late to a world ment theyd get placed in a new ocean allowing time for larger alliances to grow in seperate oceans and the result is like the older original worlds of Grepolis,

Superpowers would develope in different regions of the world map and eventualy some fantastic rivalries could build up, instead as it is now all you get is everybody tossed into the same oceans from the beginning and the result of that is one alliance who spends the most gold fastest gets a good head start and then dominates a server almost from week1 and everybody else plays catch up, or has to join forces to try and defeat them........the result of that kills a world off pretty quickly and saps most of the enjoyment out of it,

Ways of solving this problem would be to spread out new players into different corners of the map when you join a world and select North East West or South it should place them in they parts of the map not all jumbled together in the same locations of the middle of a map, that way it would allow for alliances to grow and dominate their own areas the strongest alliances emerging from each location would then naturally try to move towards the other super powers and by default make for much better wars dont you think ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22650

i agree totally, i read somewhere else on here i guy was saying the wonders have had a massive effect on those same lines, the aim has changed from being the best fighters and ruling the most area just for the notoriety to safely simming until later in the game when the top 30-or whatever the relevant server cap is all just merg together and sim up their server crowns where as before you would want some good enemies left to keep things fun

DeletedUser19260

Haha JehovahsWolf do you actually think we are at war with BoomStick?
Why would we waste our time? One or two of our players have attacked what 2 of their cities? Thats no war.
We had one or two players want one or two of their cities. All smaller players that wanted a new city.

Dont see how we are an MRA either. 30 alliance cap and you will see a lot of alliances with 2nd alliances. Or 3 in some cases. Inactives are killing us now but we will see where we end up. We will also see if BoomSticks make it here.

We are no NOOB alliance i was one of the founder to the Maelstrom of Omicrin that eventually ended up in Evolution. You call us Noobs and while we have got a few noobs in the alliance most are experienced players. Get your facts right before posting stupid comments about things you know nothing about.

So if your going to bad mouth our alliance are you going to grow a pair and give your in game name?

DeletedUser21123

Ohh boy this all sounds fun :)

Hey Jimmy I don't mean to be obnoxious in any way, but it just has a bad look when you have guys attack us and the morale drops below 60%. Seems a bit in-effective even if you do rim us. And as for your younger players, you might want to help some of them our a bit as a few of them have been feeding me DBPs for quite a while - all I have to do is activate militia and Boom, their swords and archers equals instant BPs for me.

Again mate, I'm not trying to point fingers or belittle anybody, but there is a bit of truth to what JehovahsWolf is saying.....

DeletedUser

Well heres a character assassination, theres two NooB camps called Maelstrom & Maelstrom II

firstly an Academy so early in the game is a giveaway their main alliance is not capable of standing alone.

Secondly they have a combined point total of 1'766'716 so who do they start a fight with for their enemy ? a 29'000 point alliance with just 10 members lol thats right, they have players with 20+ citys in their ranks, compared to their enemys in Boomsticks largest city being 8k in size and only 3 citys to one member.

look at this guy below, he had help from 3 members of his oversized sim building alliance to conquer this lowly 1700 point city and then look how much support they pumped into defend it because there is 4 Boomstick citys on the same island all at 2k in size.

[report]1840477f5bca929f45985d217cfbcea2[/report]

Cowardly or what ? Maelstrom 1 & 2, you are named and shamed for not being sporting players and nothing more than a bunch of cowards.

There was larger citys around these guys they could have captured instead they target a small fry alliance thats just starting late to the world,

Grow a pair and actually show some self respect and fair play.

I would wager that the first decent organised alliance to attack them will force them to disband in less than 3 weeks of solid attacking.

My definition of MRA is an alliance who will recruit ANYBODY for points or just generaly anybody that doesnt add or contribute to making their alliance better.

they max out their membership and then will posibly try to create an academy and do the same the same to feel safe as in an MRA leaders mind "Bigger is better/safer" :rolleyes:

About your point underlined "so they try to blame it on something other than their clear lack of skill." some alliances get defeated not because of lack of skill but because their enemys are nothing more than cowards or bullys, I mention this because not because of whats happening between your alliances, but because there is too many oversized NooBs in Grepo these days, and they always target enemys smaller than themselves to make sure they can win when the odds and size advanatge is so heavily in their favor,

ie check my other post about Maelstrom I & II a typical coward alliance 1.7 million in size bullying a upstart alliance of just 29'000 points.

Boomstick have a very skilled membership the problem is location and size disadvantage, theres one guy with 20+ citys for an island neighbour, thx to Grepos placement of new players,......version.1 of Grepolis used to make sure any new players even joining late to a world ment theyd get placed in a new ocean allowing time for larger alliances to grow in seperate oceans and the result is like the older original worlds of Grepolis,

Superpowers would develope in different regions of the world map and eventualy some fantastic rivalries could build up, instead as it is now all you get is everybody tossed into the same oceans from the beginning and the result of that is one alliance who spends the most gold fastest gets a good head start and then dominates a server almost from week1 and everybody else plays catch up, or has to join forces to try and defeat them........the result of that kills a world off pretty quickly and saps most of the enjoyment out of it,

Ways of solving this problem would be to spread out new players into different corners of the map when you join a world and select North East West or South it should place them in they parts of the map not all jumbled together in the same locations of the middle of a map, that way it would allow for alliances to grow and dominate their own areas the strongest alliances emerging from each location would then naturally try to move towards the other super powers and by default make for much better wars dont you think ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Empire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_empires
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman_Empire

Do you honestly think any of them cared about "fun" wars? as a game, yes, i agree. But it's a war game. They used any advantage they could and took out threats and non-threats for just OFFENDING them, or "training for troops".

I read all this and see a few good points, but i also see the "allow them to grow" points and think... would you allow cancer to grow or would you cut it out at the first sign?

cut the . Empires rise and fall, with little AND big dynasties/countries/empires being absorbed or destroyed. It's a game and people will do what they think is right, and some will play stand-alone.

Trojans were defeated through tactics, while vice versa the romans couldn't take out the Britons completely despite vast empires and troops. This game is completely TAME in comparison, but still a war-game. I'll still see this as a mix of good and bad points and belly-aching.

Point out obvious "flaws" in my logic but really, it's going on everywhere on every server, from beginning to end of the game even in the good ol' days. Whatever alliance it is, it's not just Mal or Ryethymnos. Get over it, get used to it, it's going to happen and no amount of forum-raging will change it, just popular opinion of the concept.

/end semi-rage post.

(waits for rage posts to roll in)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21123

Very true - this is a war game....and sometimes it can be fun to be the little guys and get picked on/rimmed - It builds Character :D

DeletedUser

anybody want to write a new top 12? id do it but i dont know much about the other alliances outside of numbers.

DeletedUser20547

lol....naw mate...seems everyone is too busy spilling their load over godly players:) to be bothered with things like " sticking to the subject":/

DeletedUser22650

well you can allways write up your opinions and get it back on thread, look back and im the only one who's done it since jonno vanished

DeletedUser

idk why but really do we need to get attacked by your members who are 3 times bigger than us? i mean we dont even have harbors to protect out members and you come saying get your facts right? really? how about you learn to be fair to new members maybe in the long run they can be a challenge. i mean we are getting hammer here i don't even have a 1k city yet. if you where in delphi now that would be a different story.

DeletedUser22650

idk why but really do we need to get attacked by your members who are 3 times bigger than us? i mean we dont even have harbors to protect out members and you come saying get your facts right? really? how about you learn to be fair to new members maybe in the long run they can be a challenge. i mean we are getting hammer here i don't even have a 1k city yet. if you where in delphi now that would be a different story.

you have no harbors? if thats true then grepo may not be for you, theres 3 newer and slower servers open after this so if you cant handle the pace its prrobably because your not active enough for speed 3

DeletedUser

Feel free to make a new thread for this. This one has turned out not too great in the last few pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.