Top 12 Alliances!

DeletedUser32731

lol brir :)

cloaca, if i was spartan leader i wouldn't ve been in that predicament.. there aren't many alliances in Nicaea with good leadership. Im not saying that just cause they are our enemies, but with my past experience i speak the truth here on this matter..

on the other hand, whats up grepo? i was expecting to wake up to the new interface update? is it delayed?
"On Wednesday October 23rd, Grepolis will be updated to version 2.48. This update includes a few game feature changes and fixes several bugs." October 23rd is about to go bye bye :p

DeletedUser32731

awww man :( im sure it was a good reason behind it :) im still waiting for heroes as well :)

DeletedUser

cloaca, if i was spartan leader i wouldn't ve been in that predicament.. there aren't many alliances in Nicaea with good leadership. Im not saying that just cause they are our enemies, but with my past experience i speak the truth here on this matter..

Here is what is confusing me-If you check the thread on "The State of Play," it appears that the Spartans are holding their own against the Toons, or even besting them in overall conquests. (Actually, the stats there show Toons losing against everybody.) So what "predicament" are the Spartans in? They seem to be fighting against two of the three largest alliance families, and breaking even or even winning. On the surface, this would seem like fairly good leadership. Maybe even better leadership than those they are fighting against?

Is there something here that I am just not getting?

DeletedUser32731

Here is what is confusing me-If you check the thread on "The State of Play," it appears that the Spartans are holding their own against the Toons, or even besting them in overall conquests. (Actually, the stats there show Toons losing against everybody.) So what "predicament" are the Spartans in? They seem to be fighting against two of the three largest alliance families, and breaking even or even winning. On the surface, this would seem like fairly good leadership. Maybe even better leadership than those they are fighting against?

Is there something here that I am just not getting?

lol dont kill yourself over diplomacy you dont know or understand mate, too much goes behind the scenes that you have no idea off.. as i remember u said the same about TGO? they are still allied with Romans/TGO/and few others that they think i dont know about :p its all cool, we will see how they hold up.. what is your your game name?

DeletedUser40223

Spartans are a good alliance (did I just say that?) lol.. I've fought against them since the start of this world. Obviously right now that isn't the case, I have simmers to keel :Angry:.

Spartans are great defenders (D) and good attackers (SW) when they go for it. However they have been turtling a lot. :p

Now that isn't such a bad thing tactically as we all know defending behind a decent wall will gain you more BP's than attacking against one. Defending with birs/fs is also cheaper and faster than replacing the LS used against them. So they are smart. :pro:

Thing is we could all do that. But that would be boring. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser42621

Spartans are a good alliance (did I just say that?) lol.. I've fought against them since the start of this world. Obviously right now that isn't the case, I have simmers to keel :Angry:.

Spartans are great defenders (D) and good attackers (SW) when they go for it. However they have been turtling a lot. :p

Now that isn't such a bad thing tactically as we all know defending behind a decent wall will gain you more BP's than attacking against one. Defending with birs/fs is also cheaper and faster than replacing the LS used against them. So they are smart. :pro:

Thing is we could all do that. But that would be boring. :rolleyes:

Spartans are great at turtling, and defending with FS behing maxed walls as you say, but rarely send attacks. They rely on others keeping the server interesting, if everyone played like they do then grepo would die.

These forums are dead, c'mon guys, lets get posting!:pro:

DeletedUser

Spartans are great at turtling, and defending with FS behing maxed walls as you say, but rarely send attacks. They rely on others keeping the server interesting, if everyone played like they do then grepo would die.

I am not a Spartan, but I have a friend who was. As I understand, they are attacked fairly often by New Toon, New Toon West, New Toon South, New Toon Over, New Toon Under, etc., by Love Death and Philosophers, as well as recent defectors from TGO who sided with New Toon (I forget the name). Maybe they are too busy defending to attack?

DeletedUser

Two (or three) questions:

Whatever happened to?

Old Republic
Nemesis
GORO
Old Republic

Where did these come from, and who are they aligned with?

Frat Pack
Resistance
Barricade
Rave

DeletedUser40223

I am not a Spartan, but I have a friend who was. As I understand, they are attacked fairly often by New Toon, New Toon West, New Toon South, New Toon Over, New Toon Under, etc., by Love Death and Philosophers, as well as recent defectors from TGO who sided with New Toon (I forget the name). Maybe they are too busy defending to attack?

No.. Spartans did that when it was just CV against them and tended to attack inactives or players they saw as easier targets. At first they attacked a lot when there was greater distances between some of CV's core players and those on the outskirts but when the big players got within effective fighting range they turned all 'Teenage mutant ninja' on us..

DeletedUser39146

Rave was the best alliance in the beginning of this server, one of the only ones, that wasn't and MRA, with a lot of high skilled players.
Frat Pack, some players left Romans- They where all former players form and old alliance The Fraternity.
Resistance, same story as Frat Pack, except they come from TGO.
Barricade, a part of NT.

Old Republic died because of in-actives, and a lot of important members, that left.

DeletedUser40223

Two (or three) questions:

Whatever happened to?

Old Republic
Nemesis
GORO
Old Republic

Where did these come from, and who are they aligned with?

Frat Pack
Resistance
Barricade
Rave

1. Old Republic.. Double crossed too many peeps and made some bad choices. Not looking good for them now..
2. Nemesis became Resistance.
3. Always were TGO/Old Republic

1. Frat Pack were originally The Fratenity who were swallowed up by the Romans. They rebelled against Rome and became Frat Pack. They are friendly with L+D and Toons..
2. Already answered Resistance
3. Barricade are ex Toon players.. Aligned with Toons.
4. Rave were an original alliance at the start of the server. They were defeated by CV and Romans, became Old Republic and made a pact with CV and Rome.
Then they made a pact with CV's hated enemies the Spartans relations gradually soured and they aligned with TGO, so did the Romans. CV merged with Toons and these once the very best of friends found themselves on opposing sides.
After the TGO wobble some of them reformed as Rave (minus their biggest and best players Mmcleod, Nineaces, MW2345 etc). Believed to be aligned with OR and TGO.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39146

Brir you know that Rave, was not defeated, we just didn't have any leaders left + to long tt.....
The "reform" of them was just me that edit the name of Romans The Pre, before leaving:p

DeletedUser40223

Rave was the best alliance in the beginning of this server, one of the only ones, that wasn't and MRA, with a lot of high skilled players..

Yeah.. On paper.. Until we (CV (CoH back then)and Your guys the Romans (when it was just Western Empire)) kicked their asses.. (SW)

The good old days! :)

DeletedUser39146

Remember I was a Rave :p then I become and roman after:p

And it wasn't CV, but CoH :p
remember I took a city from King Nitro:p

DeletedUser40223

Yeah it was CoH.. I did correct that probably as you were posting, but I was trying to avoid confusion.. lol..

I forgot you were Rave for a moment.. I was always too concerned about mmcleod and Nines back then.. I had some GREAT (and PAINFUL) fights with those two.. :eek:

King Nitro.. He was a good fighter, a bit too far from myself, Lepel and co for us to be effective. Shame.. :p

DeletedUser39146

I know that you guys had some fights:p
Remember I used to def them :p

Can you remember Basus and PrettyMaria ?:p

DeletedUser40223

You *Grumble!!* So YOU'RE the reason 95% of my fleet are fish food!!! lol..

Yeah I remember those two, they left when Rave disbanded didn't they?

DeletedUser39146

Nope the left the world before, one of the reasons, they where like the magnet, that hold us together:S

Sorry brir ;( yep....
They build off, and I build mostly def.