Top 12 Alliances

DeletedUser21480

I agree everyone is a MRA at the beginning this is what MRA means ( one that has many many members and possibly many academy alliances) How much members are classified as a Mra? sometimes people forget and throw the word out without double checking what it mean the top 12 alliances almost all have more then 70 members so are all the alliances MRA ? If you use a different definition then yes ...people say inviting people without a message is a MRA but it is not

DeletedUser

i to me an MRA is a bunch of guys getting together for protection ....if you get a big allliance going ( mra) and it suceeds then what?-p.t.

DeletedUser32577

I feel like, in this sense, a MRA is one, simply, that goes about it wrong.

MRAs, to me, recruit anyone and everyone they can find, often without really talking to them (at best sending a stock recruit message) or getting to know the players they intend to make a go at this game with. I check grepointel and grepostats on every player that applies to me, as well as asking them about their experiences in game and chatting with them before making a decision about whether to send an invite or not. If I'm not sure, I talk to my council members about whether or not we should allow them in. And what do we have to show for it? Maybe we're not in the top 12, but we've got a higher point average than 11 of them (all at times, we play hockey with Erebus on this. Current standing is Erebus at 1719, us at 1716). I know this isn't an accurate representation of our skill at this game to some. We'll have to wait for BP to end for that.

Anyway, I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather have my 27 over having a big alliance full of unknown variables. I don't mass recruit, it cuts out that annoying step of cutting our own dead weight.

Toria

DeletedUser

Bottom line every MRA is present in O54... They aren't leaving me players to recruit....

DeletedUser

i cannot speak for what was done as far as recruiting in immortals before i was named leader.a few days ago we had 180 members. today we have 153 , we have closed recruiting :) (thank god ) and we are weeding out the garbage and when bp ends we will weed out some more ...here is what i can tell you.....we are active , we have a large number of expirenced players and we have a quality leadership team ...... and we are number #1 and have no intention of giving it up...MRA OR NOT sharpen your swords laddies, and get some -p.t.

DeletedUser

top 12 in 12 words

1 -Immortals:boring alliance
2 -Pandemonium:chaotic alliance
3 -Alpha :happy alliance
4 -Erebus:unstoppable alliance
5 -Order of Chaos:glorious alliance
6 -Shadow Warrios:slow alliance
7 -Clockwork Orange :disaster alliance
8 -The League Of Legions:unsexual alliance
9 -Vendetta:sleepy alliance
10 -Legion of Achilles:exotic alliance
11 -Something Nondescript :smart alliance
12 -Demon Squad :capricious alliance
if u disagree eat some smarties and come again
+Rep me or i will never do it again
i am tired :D

DeletedUser

Some thoughts and experiences about MRAs

MRAs, to me, recruit anyone and everyone they can find, often without really talking to them (at best sending a stock recruit message) or getting to know the players they intend to make a go at this game with.

This is really good characterization of MRA. Recruiting unknown people blindly by looking their points.

I have done this myself in my first and only world where I played "seriously". There is nothing "wrong" with this. Games need newbies and all sort of people with varying levels of activity.

One should just understand that MRAs more dynamic and chaotic networks of uncontrolled individuals. Usually this leads to problems. On the other hand there is always a chance that out of uncontrolled crowds natural evolution can filter out new leaders, veterans and a succesfull army. Of course, this requires getting rid of unnecessary weight and reforming the organization to a tightly controlled group of survivors. However I wouldn't count on it. Destroying your current friendships by letting them go, getting beaten up while "growing to become a survivor" and issues like that are quite heavy mentally. Especially in computer games. Frustration. Sadness. People often quit rather than suffer. Its easier. People come here to have fun - not survive in evolutionary chaos of virtual conflicts.

In the end, I'd say that in most conflict games (roleplaying, strategy etc) MRAs can survive and become powerful if their have experienced, hardened and determined core team that are sacrificing their real life for teaching newbies in virtual worlds. Just like in elite pkiller clans or alliances. Its all about the core team, their determination, social skills and gameplay skills. Usually MRAs don't have them.

Its just a different strategy. Careful selection or chaotic evolution. No matter what strategy you choose - the core team and their leadership is what matters.

I check grepointel and grepostats on every player that applies to me, as well as asking them about their experiences in game and chatting with them before making a decision about whether to send an invite or not. If I'm not sure, I talk to my council members about whether or not we should allow them in.

Sounds a heavy work. Takes a lot of time. Hopefully its worth it :)

odysseus2001

Phrourach
1. Immortals
Seems like a MRA but has second highest point average of top 12. Their fate will be determined as soon as BP ends.
Sink
2. Alpha
Bad average with plenty of members but seems to be a ... MRA.
Sink
3. Pandemonium
Good average, looking ok in terms of members. Same applies to all but the end of BP will decide everything.
Swim
4.Order of Chaos
Bad average, high members. Lowest player is around 500 :eek:
Sink
5. Erebus
My alliance so no comment.
6. Legion of Achilles
Ok average, I have heard these guys have played on Corinth and Lindos so possiblities there.
Float
7. Shadow Warrios
Rubbish average, bad spelling and inability to change name.
Drown
8. Clockwork Orange
Recovering well from being sabotaged so could fight on.
Sink
9. Something Nondescript
Terrible average, looking every bit of a MRA.
Sink
10. League of Leagions
Need I say more. Refer to Joseph Nieves's thread for more info. MRA full of noobs.
Drown
11.The Grimm Reapers
Lowest average points in top 12, doesn't look good for them
Sink
12.Vendetta
Low average but seems to have some vets.
Float

Special shout-out to my alliance Erebus for already topping abp :p

DeletedUser16696

Legion of Achillles....

Stealing every idea and template form lindos!

Claims template, everything!

Guides etc...

Oh dear.... wannabe much?

DeletedUser

allmost every Alliance in Rizinia iz MRA alliance.
I am leader od Demon Squad and this is just start of game. Expiriance will show results in next weeks after BP runs out :D
Then we will see Top 12 :)

If someone want's Pact with Demon Squad can PM me here (o54/o64)

DeletedUser

Oh dear ^^

MRA or MPA(mass pact alliance).. Which is worse?

DeletedUser

Oh dear ^^

MRA or MPA(mass pact alliance).. Which is worse?

MRPA a new term! I am a self-proclaimed MRPA vet, and proud of it. I think the earlier post nailed it though, in that an MRPA can do exceptionally well with a core of strong, active, consistent players who sacrifice greatly for the team. The evolution tends to run to the 10-20 strong players carrying the majority of the team. It is incredibly hard work, but if they are ok with carrying the load without complaint, and the leaders also strategic about relationships and diplomacy, then they can tend to survive and even thrive for a long time, especially if able to dominate a rim ocean early. Too much work for me though, got great marks for leadership but very hard.

I would add that a lot of the work is creating, imposing, and enforcing a team culture, whether cowboys, team players, super-turtles or strict "grow up or out" beatings. I enjoyed posting team culture messages at a regular basis on my old team and that helped shape the MRA. Those who liked it thrived and those with different goals left.

Just my humble opinion. I predict some unexpected MRAs will rise, based on the quality of emerging leaders.

DeletedUser40842

In my experience this thread is a bit of a waste of time until bp ends and for all the MRA bashing very few alliances actually recruit a reliable group of vets unless they're preplanned, so let the rankings in 2 days time do the talking maybe?
Besides which top 12 is traditionally the best 12 alliances in the order the author thinks, with reasons, not the top 12 on points.
I'd be interested to see how you really rate each other

DeletedUser

Is it only me who is thinking that Erebus is just a fancy bunch of simmers ? I don't only think it was me who was hoping for this premade to turn out like vemon 2.0 and just kill everybody and dominate the world. They have turned out rather disappointing really :(

DeletedUser10850

1. Alpha

Seems to have taken the top spot from Immmortals after recruiting a lot of low point players over the last 48 hours. 5th in ABP, 12th in DBP, and not 1 player has 2 cities right now. Don't seem to be the fighting type. They will be gone soon.

2. Immortals

Alliance primarily in 54 as well as a few in 44. 2nd in ABP and 1st in DBP with 5 colonizations and drawing 1st blood in the "war" against Hardcore PwN. I see these guys lasting longer than I thought when I saw them during BP.

3. Grimm Reapers

Alliance in 53 and 54. MRA. Will be easy picking for Immortals and Hardcore PwN once more people get conquest.

4. Pandemonium

2nd highest average in the top 12 but they are 2nd in DBP and they already have 2 reds on the colonizations sheet. With the spread out recruiting, I don't see them lasting much longer.

5. Legion of Achilles

2 reds on the colonization list as well including one from the 21st alliance Revelation. Lower rank in ABP, DBP, and TBP than their point rank. I doubt they will last.

6. Vendetta

The merge with League of Losers has brought them up to 6th on the leaderboards. 8th in ABP, 9th in DBP, and 8th in TBP. Their 2 colonizations have both been from John D. Spreckles and they were both ghosts under 2k points so they don't seem to be the fighting type either. They are in my ocean (44) so they will be taking on Erebus and myself. They will fall to my level 21 wall.

7. Order of Chaos

Only 1 colonization but it is the largest conquer in the world but it was from a non-allianced player. 7th in ABP and 12th in DBP. Most in 54 and some in 55. They will fall eventually.

8. Warriors Elite

Located in ocean 64 which explains why they are have the lowest average. Once 54 settles down, I bet they will fall to whoever comes out on top though it's really too early to speculate anything as many of them are still in BP.

9. The Lycans

Owners of 55. Will survive for a while as there is no competition in 55.

10. Erebus

Like most of the world, Erebus did not live up to my expectations. They are centered in 44 and they are cutting a lot after recruiting a lot recently. I think they will take out Vendetta and own 44 eventually.

11. Hardcore PwN

Very aggressive alliance. They will have to fight Immortals for 54. TGR and LoA will be easy pickings for them IMO. Highest average in the top 12 and 3rd in all BP categories. They do have 1 loss to Immortals already though.

12. Clockwork Orange

They were an MRA then they got sabotaged and they are still an MRA. Nuff said.

Last edited by a moderator: