Inactive Topic Allow Apostrophes in Alliance Names

DeletedUser32373

Proposal: Just allow for there to be apostrophes in alliance names, not that hard.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
A little, not really, but I thought this one was pretty original ;)

Reason: I dont know so our alliance names can be better.

Details: Its just so that we can put apostrophes in our alliance names, currently it is a "forbidden character" and many alliance names are currently impossible.

Visual Aids: Will put them in later

Balance: There isnt really a balance to the game just an extra space for alliance names.

Abuse Prevention: I really dont see how this can be abused other than the noobs making their alliance name this: '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' - but thats just really stupid and nobody would take them seriously. Maybe only 2 apostrophes per name or something.

Summary: Just want you guys to let us use apostrophes in our alliance names.

DeletedUser39031

I have always wondered why you can't do that in renaming cities, but at the start your allowed it. I wish you could have full reign over the keyboard (,<.>/?;:'"[]{}\|=+-_)(*&^%$#@!`~) :p

I like your idea

+rep

EDIT: Cannot plus rep you anymore

Thrillology

Phrourach
I think we should be able to do this with city names, player names, everything that we can't put those characters. But I think there was a reason as to why they were unable to do this.

If it is possible, I say yes!

DeletedUser27700

Please remember no spam here.

I believe the issue with having those symbols available is that people will make crude pics out of them.

DeletedUser8396

Please remember no spam here.

I believe the issue with having those symbols available is that people will make crude pics out of them.

How could you make a crude image using apostrophe's? Wait...no...nvm...I don't want to know.

DeletedUser

It is better not to ask (though I am still curious...) but why let us all suffer? If a person does it, the ingame mod can just ban them

DeletedUser

I think pretty much anyone can type any crude words with creativity, so adding symbols just gives people variety. Although with using just letters it looks a little more professional then &&FISH&&

DeletedUser32373

Yeah but im talking about just apostrophes ;) like so that alliance names like "Charlie's Angels" or "Mickey D's" or "Ocean's Elite" are possible.

DeletedUser42857

its very unlikely, but one possible argument revolves security. Some sites and games prevent characters such as ' etc as they are used in php code. but the chances of allowing ' in alliance names leading to a security breach is 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

DeletedUser

It is better not to ask (though I am still curious...) but why let us all suffer? If a person does it, the ingame mod can just ban them

This.

Also allow apostrophes in city names pl0x.