Inactive Topic Allowing the save of the Grepolis Alliance Chat

• Thread starter DeletedUser11886
  • Start date

DeletedUser11886

Proposal
This is a small change, nothing very large unless it takes up too much space on the ever growing grepolis hardrives... but my idea is basically summed up by this question: Why are the Grepolis Chats wiped every time you exit it? (Possibly Memory?)

Reason
It always struck me that the chats should save whenever we use it, after all what is the use of the chat if you can't see what was posted before aside from instant chatting to another player which is useable by any other chatting website?

Detail
Basically, my idea is for the Grepolis chats to be saved, possibly 20-40 of them at a time or have a setting on the settings showing how many chats will be saved. This will allow you to close it, and come back to some chats you missed while you were away! I'm sure that this will help gain more members to use the Grepolis chats, as one of the largest downfalls is that you can easily miss information that is said on the chats whenever you leave it. It will split second planning and attacks, and even if you leave it for a while you can catch up on any commands. This can easily go alongside the forums, as the forums is a more stick on for planning, but the chats now can be used for instantaneous planning.

For example:
You know that an attack is scheduled today, and you check on the chat to see if everyone is ready, and you notice that when you scroll up, the leader of the alliance has recently posted mere seconds before the attacks were due to stop, for that a new spy report had came in telling that the units you had prepared were not enough to break through! Then, you close it and return later on to find everyone is exited and all that for a few target had been posted, and the attacks are to go out in a few minutes without having to read all of the forum posts. But then suddenly someone reports that someone is being attacked! You can now instantly send support to them with any units without also having to read the forum posts as well. This will also allow you to create a new forum post for that person that is being attacked, so they will not waste valuable time making a post showing this.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
I see no way of this being able to use being used to cheat, as this is basically a chat system which is basically like the alliance forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Makes spies lives so much easier, one look at chat and they have all the intel that may or may not be on the alliance forum...

DeletedUser27700

Not to mention nobody uses the current chat system :p

DeletedUser11886

Pfft. Why not make it a reset button then, if no one uses it.