Alpha Ending?

DeletedUser8790

According to grepostats Alpha has 971 players left, I believe the worlds are suppose to be closed down when they fall below 1,000 at speed 1. So are they closing alpha? and what is the great innogame ending?

DeletedUser

Nope, someone clarified that worlds will be assessed for activity at 300 players. I will try to find the post for you.

DeletedUser1594

i also saw some post about 1,000 being the cut-off. but there was an also update saying that they were going to notify a world that was due to end.

and Alpha can't close yet. i just started to figure out this timing thing. ...apparently, there is a certain amount of 'randomness' involved which is beyond my control. so anything that doesn't work out as planned is not my fault. -makes sense.

DeletedUser

The shut off for a world is at 300.

Of course this won't be an instant disband of the server.

DeletedUser

^ So when it reaches 300, there's a time limit or something?

DeletedUser8790

The shut off for a world is at 300.

Of course this won't be an instant disband of the server.

Wow you guys changed again? I was told on countless occasions the shut off was 1000 for speed 1 word, and then 33% less for a speed 2 and 66% less for speed three. Now it is 300 for all worlds!? LOL

DeletedUser

^ So when it reaches 300, there's a time limit or something?

Gordopolis said:
a countdown will be initiated which lasts one month. At the end of the countdown the world will close and the players may begin a new adventure on a different world.

^ Thanks Ac04 for bringing up that thread, I'm not that talented to go back and get it... :p

Wow you guys changed again? I was told on countless occasions the shut off was 1000 for speed 1 word, and then 33% less for a speed 2 and 66% less for speed three. Now it is 300 for all worlds!? LOL

Umm..I'm not sure where you have got those numbers from, but we haven't made an announcement to the community regarding the shut off limit for worlds as far as I know other than ONE that Gordopolis posted which can be found in the above post by Ac04. :)

DeletedUser

DeletedUser8790

Look at the dates of the two threads, and the thread posted by Gordopolis is correct so that is what I'd recommend following. :)

~ Lane

I understand that, I am just surprised you revised it again, I was told since speed 3 worlds have 1/3 less players than the running end player requirement is 1/3rd of speed worlds. But I guess disparity will remain between speeds so I should not be surprised by this at all.

DeletedUser

They still make lots of money off of alpha with all of the gold users, so not sure why they would turn away so much business. I highly doubt the cost of the server to host Alpha costs more than the income they get. I am pretty sure every single member in my alliance uses gold as do most players with many cities, which everyone in alpha has a lot of cities.... so everyone uses at least administrator.

DeletedUser

I do remember Tyrion saying that it would be 1000 players... It was around december a few weeks after the 1.26 worlds were converted i think..... Forgive me if i got the dates wrong it was ages ago :)

DeletedUser

Yes, the point as which the world will begin to end is at 300 active players.

DeletedUser14492

Dont know about you folks... but 300 seems like it is going to be too low.

Theta where I play, is fast becoming untennable due to lack of players and we are still at about 700 odd. There are vast swathes of Ghost cities everywhere... you take an enemy city, they can just take a ghost... its not what the game is supposed to be like.

It is conceivable that the worlds will remain above the 300 mark with dedicated players only being left, perhaps if it stabalises this could be interesting... but for me the worlds are too large to function with so few players we have now.

Ev

DeletedUser

Dont know about you folks... but 300 seems like it is going to be too low.

Theta where I play, is fast becoming untennable due to lack of players and we are still at about 700 odd. There are vast swathes of Ghost cities everywhere... you take an enemy city, they can just take a ghost... its not what the game is supposed to be like.

It is conceivable that the worlds will remain above the 300 mark with dedicated players only being left, perhaps if it stabalises this could be interesting... but for me the worlds are too large to function with so few players we have now.

Ev

I don't necessarily know the situation in Alpha, but in gamma where I play, if you total up the member count in the main alliances in the world, you get around 300. And you can always recruit from the rim if you need to keep your own member count up. However the current total count is a little higher than 700, but I really don't see too much of an issue, instead of taking ghosts they colonize in their core. :/

DeletedUser

For all the old worlds now they are all full of ghost cities what they need to do now is when a player gets banned, ghosts ect the cities should completely disappear after say 7 days instead of taking months this will end the mass oceans of ghost cities and keep players fighting each other rather than just having to retake ghost cities.