Alpha Server Response Times - Help needed please!

DeletedUser

We are well aware that there is a specific problem tonight with the Daemon, but I am also acutely aware of the number of reports coming in of slower response times on the Alpha server than on some of the other worlds.

I am trying to gather some hard data on this so that I can put a report in and further the investigation.

Specifically I am looking for Alpha players who also play other worlds, who can run a very simple speed test for me, over a 24 or 48 hour period. If you are willing to do this, please can you complete the sheet below and send it to me via a PM on the forums.

Please don't post these results here, and if you are able to take part and can run the cycle over two days that would be excellent.

Cheers

Leggy
Alpha In Game Moderator

Speed Test Results Form

Player Name :
Real World Location :
Browser Used (Including Version) :
Date of Test :
Other world used for comparrison :

Alpha Tests
(Please use server time - GMT+1 for the purposes of comparrison)

Click Test Cycle A (Morning)
Time Taken (GMT+1): [ : ]
Open internal forums: Time to execute [ ] seconds
Initiate Farming Village attack: Time to execute [ ] seconds
Initiate Player Attack / Support: Time to execute [ ] seconds

Click Test Cycle B (Afternoon)

Click Test Cycle C (Evening)

Additional Test during specific slow period:

Compare Tests (Other server)

Click Test Cycle A (Morning)

Click Test Cycle B (Afternoon)

Click Test Cycle C (Evening)

Any error messages received:

DeletedUser

Thank you for finally taking some action, after all, it's 3 months now people have been complaining about the speeds.

As I only play alpha, I can't take part in the speed check test, but I can mention a few basics nonetheless:

- sunday is unplayable worldwide.
- weekdays lags most at primetime USA/Canada.
- make this whole damn thing playable when javascript is turned OFF, in Tribalwars it's possible, so why not here?
- option to switch between graphical/non-graphical user interface.

DeletedUser5

As I only play alpha, I can't take part in the speed check test, but I can mention a few basics nonetheless:

Why is that?

can you not collect data for World Alpha, so that we can compare it to other people's data from other worlds?

DeletedUser

Specifically I am looking for Alpha players who also play other worlds.....

@ ac04
I read it the way that leggie needs comparison-data from different worlds on the same PC, what good would it do if I collect data only for alpha and have that data compared to ppl with different internet connections than me?

Of course if I misunderstood that, I'd be happy to start logging :)

DeletedUser

Thank you for finally taking some action, after all, it's 3 months now people have been complaining about the speeds.

- make this whole damn thing playable when javascript is turned OFF, in Tribalwars it's possible, so why not here?
- option to switch between graphical/non-graphical user interface.

This is not Tribalwars, :pro:

Different Developers work on Grepolis to those on Tribalwars, its not as simple as copying one thing onto this, its structured and coded completely different.

DeletedUser

@ ac04
I read it the way that leggie needs comparison-data from different worlds on the same PC, what good would it do if I collect data only for alpha and have that data compared to ppl with different internet connections than me?

Of course if I misunderstood that, I'd be happy to start logging :)

Valid point, and yes, I definitely need people with accounts on two servers to compare results.

That said, if you want to do Alpha only that would still be welcome as it would provide some statistical evidence of which periods of time are suffering the most as per your statement.

Up to you though, anything that is supplied can and will be used and the bigger the picture, the more accurate the analysis will be.

Thanks again

DeletedUser

This is not Tribalwars, :pro:

Different Developers work on Grepolis to those on Tribalwars, its not as simple as copying one thing onto this, its structured and coded completely different.

No wonder why TW was a complete success while this is a game goind downhill, well world alpha anyway.

DeletedUser

While you Mods are at it, can you have them fix grepostats as well ? Doesn't anything in this game work ? I am done paying for gold until things start working the way they should

DeletedUser

Teh forums were cting strange earlier on today for about 10 mins also :(

DeletedUser

While you Mods are at it, can you have them fix grepostats as well ? Doesn't anything in this game work ? I am done paying for gold until things start working the way they should

Grepo stats is not run by innogames ;)

DeletedUser5

Morthy is working on it, he knows about the problem, but is having trouble bringing the server back online after a power failure earlier today.

But as Furry said, Grepostats is an unofficial fan site, which is not run by Innogames.