Alpha World Upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0

DeletedUser

My mistake, one mod. I still fail to see how that is relevant to their current standing? I'd also like to point out you implied multiple mods are in TW-S. One mod does not equate to multiple mods.

Sorry to jump on this, I just think its quite unfair to imply an alliance is only doing well because it contains mods. Especially if there is absolutely no grounding to the accusation whatsoever.

I suppose you have no knowledge of TWS history. They once had at least 5-7 mods including the Co-community Admin.

I would rather not hurt your feelings by continuing, so have a nice day.

DeletedUser

Sorry to jump on this, I just think its quite unfair to imply an alliance is only doing well because it contains mods. Especially if there is absolutely no grounding to the accusation whatsoever.

Nah theyre doing well because the WW's suits their alliance of big sim city players.

Iceman I'm looking at you ;) haha.

DeletedUser

Now that wasn't nice :cool:

You are over your post limit for the year.

THIS IS MADNESS!

---

Guys, 2.0 is not too difficult of a change. Especially with the large amount of information on the wiki regarding the new interface, farming, etc.

Although capturing villages might be a bit annoying, I don't think anyone having this problem will still be farming at all... Trading can be done player to player or simply between your own cities.

Richard

Strategos
I suppose you have no knowledge of TWS history. They once had at least 5-7 mods including the Co-community Admin.

I would rather not hurt your feelings by continuing, so have a nice day.

You aren't hurting anyones feelings, I just dont like you implying things, especially things with no basis whatsoever. As you said, they once had, not now. I made the mistake of saying there weren't mods in that alliance, and admitted that mistake. I said current mods, of which there are one. Perhaps if you had actually backed your claims with some facts, I wouldn't have commented. You have yet to provide anything other than off the cuff comments.

Our staff work themselves extremely hard, and dont need to put up with other players implying their alliance is doing better simply because they are mods. Perhaps they are doing better than you because they are just that? Im not gonna claim to understand the internal politics of Alpha, just dont insult our staff for no reason, please.

DeletedUser

There are . . . if you do not trust me, I will point them out for you man. TWS used to have a lot more mods though. Time has seen that dwindle dramatically.
Have you ever stopped to wonder why no one likes you sch01ar and why we wouldn't extend you an Invite when you came begging to our Alliance
Maybe it's because you are a trouble maker, a liar and a cheat
Be very careful how you respond to this message, as I will have no regrets about exposing who you really are

DeletedUser

TW is in the lead for sure. Ever study how many mods are in their alliance?

images

Mods suck at grepolis.

DeletedUser

You aren't hurting anyones feelings, I just dont like you implying things, especially things with no basis whatsoever. As you said, they once had, not now. I made the mistake of saying there weren't mods in that alliance, and admitted that mistake. I said current mods, of which there are one. Perhaps if you had actually backed your claims with some facts, I wouldn't have commented. You have yet to provide anything other than off the cuff comments.

Our staff work themselves extremely hard, and dont need to put up with other players implying their alliance is doing better simply because they are mods. Perhaps they are doing better than you because they are just that? Im not gonna claim to understand the internal politics of Alpha, just dont insult our staff for no reason, please.

blah blah blah....what do you do for IG again?

Have you ever stopped to wonder why no one likes you sch01ar and why we wouldn't extend you an Invite when you came begging to our Alliance
Maybe it's because you are a trouble maker, a liar and a cheat
Be very careful how you respond to this message, as I will have no regrets about exposing who you really are

Puhlease . . . I did not beg for an invite. Asking for one is not begging you pompous tool. I considered my options and valued certain characteristics.

[nervermind]

I am an abrasive player. I know that. I also know you have your own failures.

Well out of all of this . . . it is nice to know your real opinion of me. I'll drop the pretense of friendship.

blah blah blah....what do you do for IG again?

Shanara this was a real question. I am interested in your direct involvement with IG. Are you the new mod for world Alpha?

And one final comment . . . I am impressed with TWS work on the world Wonders. All the complaining in this thread from many of them aside, they are doing a remarkable job there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard

Strategos
Between myself and Jacko0, we manage the ingame aspect of this entire community. No, I don't moderate a specific world, and no, that wouldn't be in the slightest bit relevant if I did.

Glad to see you have decided to accept you have no grounding for your accusations, or your poor attitude. Please treat our team with the respect they deserve, they do a lot for this community, more than anyone ever gives them credit for. I simply dont appreciate you demeaning and diminishing their contributions by implying they have an unfair advantage ingame.

Again, simply accept that a rival alliance is doing better, and that they have one mod in said alliance is completely and utterly irrelevant. Thats all I expect.

DeletedUser

Between myself and Jacko0, we manage the ingame aspect of this entire community. No, I don't moderate a specific world, and no, that wouldn't be in the slightest bit relevant if I did.

Glad to see you have decided to accept you have no grounding for your accusations, or your poor attitude. Please treat our team with the respect they deserve, they do a lot for this community, more than anyone ever gives them credit for. I simply dont appreciate you demeaning and diminishing their contributions by implying they have an unfair advantage ingame.

Again, simply accept that a rival alliance is doing better, and that they have one mod in said alliance is completely and utterly irrelevant. Thats all I expect.

I refuse to argue with someone who has no objectivity. It is a worthless waste of my time.

Richard

Strategos
Argue? Im not sure how it is even possible to argue with someone who simply can't back their words up with facts.

DeletedUser

Argue? Im not sure how it is even possible to argue with someone who simply can't back their words up with facts.

Technically, you can argue... just not debate.

I personally think 1.26 is better than 2.0...

With that said, I'm willing to work at liking 2.0 the same way I was forced to work at liking my veggies.

I think the developers could have vastly improved the transition, by taking into account the various stages of city development.

Simply put: for each player.... on each of the player's islands... look at that player's largest city.

for each 1000 points of that city, one more village is automatically assumed to be conquered.

So that a player with a city above 8000 points will have all farms automatically conquered.

That would still leave expansion to be completed by the player... but at least it would allow an established player to use the villages as trading posts.

As for using villages for dodging.... I got nuthin.

DeletedUser

Who says I do not have facts? I am stating it is a worthless exercise.

DeletedUser

As for using villages for dodging.... I got nuthin.

I've been meaning to revisit this actually, originally I got confused and thought I could attack farming villages that I had already conquered but this isn't the case, or doesn't seem to be. Not being able to dodge/snipe using farming villages completely changes the game, negatively in my opinion. I don't think it would be out of the question for an attack option to be added to the farming villages. It's definitely an aspect of conquest worlds that I really like (liked).

DeletedUser

How dare you say that, when I signed up for Version 1, NOT Version 2
You moved the goal posts on me and expect me to accept it, like every other modification you manage to ram down our throats, after you have accepted our hard earned money

The statement above is is not true
It used to take me just over an hour in Version 1
Last night it took me almost 4 hours to accomplish the same task in Version 2

I really think I have had enough of this
2 years in Alpha and I'm having to conquor farms just to balance my Cities
Because I couldn't use the farms to trade, it took me 4 hours to post resources on the market last night
The volume of resources that I have to convert, will not be absorbed by the market alone
This isn't what I signed up for in Version 1 of Alpha
I think you guys are being really unfair making us conquer Farms, just so we can use the Trading facilities
I can understand conquering them to gain resources
The two seperate actions should be seperated, to at least allow players to trade.

I completely agree with just about every point TI has made.

At first, i actually wanted 2.0 worlds so we could create an endgame. After trying it out i completely changed my mind since it was so laggy and co-ordinating anything would be made much harder.

Now, i struggle to even do the Christmas Hunt because the map is so laggy and the format doesn't work.

I want it turned back, but as TI said, you want us to adjust to something we didn't want! The fact that you tell us to move to Google Chrome so the game can run faster is just ridicolous. I am on IE8 and i don't intend to change my browser just for a GAME. Computers are for more than just games!

And the fact that we have to conquer all of the farms ourselves is stupendous! Surely, the fact everyone on this world has played for over 1 year would mean we could atleast get half of the farms already conquered...

We clearly signed up for the Original version and don't want to be upgraded!

DeletedUser

Argos . . . at least upgrade to IE9. IE10 is about to come out for goodness sake!

DeletedUser1594

..i think keithandmitzi got some of the lyrics wrong. ..how could you love him so if you are so glad he's gone? how come sometimes it'd be an 'it'? and then sometimes it'd be a 'him'? and that's sexist. he could be a 'she'.

I know someone who has a crush on TI. (not the rapper). i'm looking at you Argos. keep it outside of the forums please. PDA is inappropriate here. this is a serious place.

i can help you with the Christmas Hunt. it seems pretty easy for me.
Co-ordinating multiple tasks seem much easier now. especially with sending resources from different cities to a single location. and the pop-up for the city overview is an excellent upgrade. it lets me do maintenance on my cities without having to switch back to my target on the map.
We voted. -for 2.0. and we got it. yay. you don't have to adjust to it. you could work around it. if that's better.
Switching to chrome was only a suggestion. you don't have to do it. Fight the Power!

IE8 is great. ...i assume. and IE9 is supposed to be better. but apparently Chrome is better for grepolis. ridiculous as it may seem, that's just the way it is.

I don't have to conquer all of my farms. i leave most of them unconquered. i know we may disagree on this one point, but i find the few that i have conquered to be stupendous as well. Surely the fact that i've played for so long that another day or two attacking a couple random units here and there wouldn't be much trouble. for me atleast.
i'm glad i don't have half of the farms already conquered. i'd rather have ten open city slots added. ...but i guess then i'd be asking for 20 slots. oh well. guess i'm one who wants things done for me. i shouldn't be so greedy. but maybe another two slots would be nice.

I signed up to play Grepolis. and then i voted on whether to get the upgrade or not. i got the upgrade and i don't mind it at all. Nice job InnoGames. and nice job Forum Admins. yayyy