am i a sore loser or is this cheating?

DeletedUser18494

Kinda curious. but maybe I am a sore loser. lol

I dont use gold much on this game so I get it might be the attack planner. BUT

From those I talk to that do us the planner, the randomizer for the time should not allow this.

I have tried time and time again to get just 2-3 attacks to hit seconds apart and it is dang near impossible. The randomizer changes the time by up to 17 seconds!

all that hard work of trying to hit the attack button at 1 specific second, only to have it messed up by the server.

I was forwarded this and edited it to try and keep the parties involved secret.

What do you all think.

All of the attacks and support here was from 1 player.

image_zps911c39c0.png

image1_zpsae37c35c.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

When you attack a lot you start to figure out the anti-timer it is not hard to time within 10 seconds people can do that consistently. To get within that luck does come in to play to some extent. Another way to increase your chances at getting well timed attacks is using anchors. (My buddy TC taught me this ;) ) An anchor means say you are launching an LS attack. You use 1 slow transport with the LS nuke because the travel time for a slow transport is longer than just an LS nuke. So if you miss the attack time with the slow transport attached you now can try with just the LS. You can have multiple chances with this if you use triremes fire ships slow transports and your normal LS nuke because all the travel times vary. So no this player is not cheating at all just probably been playing a while and knows tricks like these to improve his chance at a well timed attack.

DeletedUser42099

When you attack a lot you start to figure out the anti-timer it is not hard to time within 10 seconds people can do that consistently. To get within that luck does come in to play to some extent. Another way to increase your chances at getting well timed attacks is using anchors. (My buddy TC taught me this ;) ) An anchor means say you are launching an LS attack. You use 1 slow transport with the LS nuke because the travel time for a slow transport is longer than just an LS nuke. So if you miss the attack time with the slow transport attached you now can try with just the LS. You can have multiple chances with this if you use triremes fire ships slow transports and your normal LS nuke because all the travel times vary. So no this player is not cheating at all just probably been playing a while and knows tricks like these to improve his chance at a well timed attack.

I have seen the reports and who and what cities it was sent from (and what was in the attacks). Only issue with what you are saying is that a group of the attacks were all the same LS. And all attacks came at once.

If this person really does have the luck that not just his attacks but also his support were all within a second (or even exact same time) and all were sent towards the city at once, they need to go play the slots, because the odds are really not there. The times are within a .01 or exactly the same, given where they were sent from this is difficult to fathom having that much luck... but hey that is just my opinion

DeletedUser

Any real CS attempt on a decent player is impossible if they are online unless you have timing like this. It really isn't as unrealistic as you guys are making it out to be. Although props to this player it still is impressive timing.

DeletedUser

it's not cheating at all. If you talk with your veterans in your alliance they should be able to tell you how the randomizer works and add a little high school statistics on top of it, you should be able to understand why it's nothing wrong with that you see.

DeletedUser19042

As some said already, the anti-timer changes your time MAXIMUM 10 seconds. Not 17.

Plus, it isn't that hard to get your timing correctly. You just need a very good technique and a lot of practice. But once you get hold of it, you'll manage to do it with 1 second gaps. ;)

No cheating at all here...

J

DeletedUser19042

Naws...It would blow my war tactic...Hit and run...:D
Of course, a big portion of luck can count as well. ;)

Ask th3kindr3d about it..the guy is a beast in sniping. :p

DeletedUser

Or perhaps the player(s) in question use so much gold that Innogames just turns a blind eye! Do not want to ban your cash cows now do ya!!

DeletedUser19042

Im fairly good, but still i cant see any pattern in it
Because there is no pattern... You just have to manage to do a few clicks within a few seconds until you are satisfied with your timings.

Yep he is very very good at snipping!
He is...:)

Or perhaps the player(s) in question use so much gold that Innogames just turns a blind eye! Do not want to ban your cash cows now do ya!!

That has nothing to do with it. Our ingame moderators have nothing to do with Innogames (as company). They are totally independent and have no gain on the amount of gold that is bought by users. So there is no way that they would be 'biased' and just ban the non-gold users. ;)

And then again, if you use a lot of gold, there is no sense in getting some sort of a 'cheat machine' to even get better. Those machines help non-gold users to get premium features (which is forbidden). Premium users already have them, so they won't use such tools...

You see? Your point is invalid on this topic. :)

J

DeletedUser18494

As some said already, the anti-timer changes your time MAXIMUM 10 seconds. Not 17.

Plus, it isn't that hard to get your timing correctly. You just need a very good technique and a lot of practice. But once you get hold of it, you'll manage to do it with 1 second gaps. ;)

No cheating at all here...

J

How do you practice something that is random?

As far as sending attacks and recalling. I have watched the same player that took this one take one of mine.

When an attack comes in it shows and then it is reversed. And goes away. Not to mention my phone shows the attack and it stays there till i read it. I would see him sending and recalling.

So in my situation, he nailed each of those attacks on the first try.

Youre right. It is 10 seconds, but i believe its 10 seconds before or after you hit the send button. So thats a 20 second gap that this guy hits Perfectly.

DeletedUser

When you attack and support a lot there is usually some consistancy to what your times will do. Yes it is "random" but at least in my experience there is a pattern most of the time. It changes day to day but if you are launching attacks from 10-15 of your cities (which most serious attempts you are at this stage of the game) It is in no way cheating when you have all of those within 10 seconds and 5 or more within 3 seconds.

DeletedUser22940

The anti-timer is a random feature of Grepolis.
By statistics, the more attacks launched, the better the chance of having them grouped close together.
Luck also plays a big part in timing attacks.

Please stop accusations of players cheating and Inno facilitating. Any further discussion on that topic will warrant infractions.

Feel free to discuss the mechanics of timing attacks/sniping.

DeletedUser18494

The anti-timer is a random feature of Grepolis.
By statistics, the more attacks launched, the better the chance of having them grouped close together.
Luck also plays a big part in timing attacks.

Please stop accusations of players cheating and Inno facilitating. Any further discussion on that topic will warrant infractions.

Feel free to discuss the mechanics of timing attacks/sniping.

Why do you think I left the name out and whited out all identifying information?

Discussing the mechanics of this is related to the possible cheating. By discussing how this works we can decide if we need to report this guy for cheating or not.

I need to know if we need to start reporting these people or not.

There doesnt need to be any finger pointing here though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36146

In the old days it was +/- 30 secs so much better as players actually had to work at timings - Now everything is on a plate for them.
Myself and a couple of players actually timed attacking each other (testing the invisibility spell)
to test how long the gap was before the attack showed at the other end
Whilst it did vary - many times it was in the 20-30 second range
therefore its possible to attack and recall without it being seen

DeletedUser42099

In the old days it was +/- 30 secs so much better as players actually had to work at timings - Now everything is on a plate for them.
Myself and a couple of players actually timed attacking each other (testing the invisibility spell)
to test how long the gap was before the attack showed at the other end
Whilst it did vary - many times it was in the 20-30 second range
therefore its possible to attack and recall without it being seen

20-30 seconds is practical I think. I think the issue Proskier is having is that all attacks and support came in at once and showed to be at the same time or within a second of each other. Just the odds of that many attacks and support coming in at the same time or a second off seems to be a bit peculiar. I think if they were off by even a few more seconds it would seem more likely... but just thats my two cents from looking at the images

DeletedUser

supports are spread out over 15 seconds... Attacks are spread out over 14 seconds... It is what it is guys. Practice and you can get good at it like that. I have seen at least 100 attacks timed like that coming from people who know what they are doing. It is not cheating it is just well timed well played attack. Pat the guy on the back and tell him good job next time :p Besides if he was cheating he wouldn't have left you a 2 second gap between CS and First support ;)

DeletedUser27700

I need to know if we need to start reporting these people or not.

Please do. You can submit a support ticket and let the support team know.

As far as the timing, its not hard at all.
The easiest way to do this is to simply pick one time to launch all attacks. So, for example, I would launch all attacks to land at 12:30:30.
This way, because the timer is +/- 10 seconds, all attacks will land in a 20 second gap. If you have several cities, odds are very good you will get the attacks a second or two apart, even a few attacks that land at the same time. The tough part with this is that its hard to adjust for LS going in first, troops second, etc. But there are ways to simplify this as well.