Votes: 3 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Abstain

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser31385

This is an official proposal for an amendment to the ideas section rules and operations. Please exercise extreme caution when making a decision on how to vote on this issue. Your decision not only affects you, but the community in its entirety. Unlike petitions, this proposal does not need consensus. You may either vote Yes, No, or Abstain. Please read the proposal in its entirety before you make your decision.

Article
Article III
Proposed Change
Removal of the at least X posts in 180 days requirement from prefixes (excluding inactive topics) and the addition of "or at least 1 post within 180 days" for proposals in the case that the creator is no longer supporting the idea.

Current Text
Below are all the prefixes you will encounter in the ideas forum as well as the criteria for each.

Petition/Voting Categories

Closed
- A closed poll.
Open - An open poll.
Passed - Ideas that have passed.
Petition - Used for requests to upgrade/downgrade the status of an idea or to reject the idea entirely. Also used in the case of reopening an inactive topic, however this requires a vote to occur.

Other Categories
Rejected
- An idea that has been rejected.
No Format - An idea that lacks proper formatting.
Wish List - A Do Not Suggest idea.

Idea Development Categories
Inactive Topic
- An idea that has not had any posts within 180 days or does not meet the requirements of a proposal
Proposal - An idea that has the support of its creator and is properly formatted.
Discussion - An idea that has 10 meaningful replies (at least 2 within 180 days).
Deliberation - An idea that has 25 meaningful replies (at least 5 within 180 days).
Development - An idea that has 50 meaningful replies (at least 10 within 180 days).
Established - An idea that is under consideration to be sent to the developers (more developed than a development).

Proposed Text
Below are all the prefixes you will encounter in the ideas forum as well as the criteria for each.

Petition/Voting Categories

Closed
- A closed poll.
Open - An open poll.
Passed - Ideas that have passed.
Petition - Used for requests to upgrade/downgrade the status of an idea or to reject the idea entirely. Also used in the case of reopening an inactive topic, however this requires a vote to occur.

Other Categories
Rejected
- An idea that has been rejected.
No Format - An idea that lacks proper formatting.
Wish List - A Do Not Suggest idea.

Idea Development Categories
Inactive Topic
- An idea that has not had any posts within 180 days or does not meet the requirements of a proposal
Proposal - An idea that has the support of its creator or has at least 1 post within 180 days and is properly formatted.
Discussion - An idea that has 10 meaningful replies.
Deliberation - An idea that has 25 meaningful replies.
Development - An idea that has 50 meaningful replies.
Established - An idea that is under consideration to be sent to the developers (more developed than a development).

DeletedUser31385

while the voting is great, since you set up the new rules/ system, figtree, why is this necessary?
This makes the ideas process more democratic. Rather than me or someone else just blatantly making changes to rules and procedures without feedback, the community instead has the chance to directly amend the process that ideas undergo. I took the feedback into consideration when making these proposals.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
This makes the ideas process more democratic. Rather than me or someone else just blatantly making changes to rules and procedures without feedback, the community instead has the chance to directly amend the process that ideas undergo. I took the feedback into consideration when making these proposals.
i'll take your word for it @figtree2
but as i said i wasn't asking for special treatment for the app section, just the same
and since i asked for 2 status changes, the first can be done by you without any changes to the amendments, by the old rules IF YOU WISH TO DO IT
i don't understand why it hasn't been done

DeletedUser31385

i'll take your word for it @figtree2
but as i said i wasn't asking for special treatment for the app section, just the same
and since i asked for 2 status changes, the first can be done by you without any changes to the amendments, by the old rules IF YOU WISH TO DO IT
i don't understand why it hasn't been done
I posted a reply on the thread about why I can't do it. There is an issue with prefixes in the apps section for some reason. That has to be resolved before I can make it a proposal.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
I posted a reply on the thread about why I can't do it. There is an issue with prefixes in the apps section for some reason. That has to be resolved before I can make it a proposal.
yes, just now but....
the funny thing is new "proposals" are started daily
so if i just reposted it, it would be fine?

DeletedUser31385

okay, i didn't see that post
the funny thing is new "proposals" are started daily
so if i just reposted it, it would be fine?
No... it is an issue with the section itself. Certain prefixes are unavailable sectionwide. Consider all threads in the apps section as proposals right now.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
ah, the problem is specific to the apps section
got it
cuz as i said, new proposals were cropping up in the regular section
okay fig, no need to reply again, i understand this is not something you can change atm

i hope your amendments make your life easier

DeletedUser31385

Results:

Yes - 3 (75%)
No - 1 (25%)
Abstain - 4