Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser31385

This is an official proposal for an amendment to the ideas section rules and operations. Please exercise extreme caution when making a decision on how to vote on this issue. Your decision not only affects you, but the community in its entirety. Unlike petitions, this proposal does not need consensus. You may either vote Yes, No, or Abstain. Please read the proposal in its entirety before you make your decision.

Article
Article III
Proposed Change
Addition of separate requirements for the App Ideas.

Current Text
Below are all the prefixes you will encounter in the ideas forum as well as the criteria for each.

Petition/Voting Categories
Closed
- A closed poll.
Open - An open poll.
Passed - Ideas that have passed.
Petition - Used for requests to upgrade/downgrade the status of an idea or to reject the idea entirely. Also used in the case of reopening an inactive topic, however this requires a vote to occur.

Other Categories
Rejected
- An idea that has been rejected.
No Format - An idea that lacks proper formatting.
Wish List - A Do Not Suggest idea.

Idea Development Categories
Inactive Topic
- An idea that has not had any posts within 180 days or does not meet the requirements of a proposal
Proposal - An idea that has the support of its creator and is properly formatted.
Discussion - An idea that has 10 meaningful replies (at least 2 within 180 days).
Deliberation - An idea that has 25 meaningful replies (at least 5 within 180 days).
Development - An idea that has 50 meaningful replies (at least 10 within 180 days).
Established - An idea that is under consideration to be sent to the developers (more developed than a development).

Proposed Text
Below are all the prefixes you will encounter in the ideas forum as well as the criteria for each.

Petition/Voting Categories
Closed
- A closed poll.
Open - An open poll.
Passed - Ideas that have passed.
Petition - Used for requests to upgrade/downgrade the status of an idea or to reject the idea entirely. Also used in the case of reopening an inactive topic, however this requires a vote to occur.

Other Categories
Rejected
- An idea that has been rejected.
No Format - An idea that lacks proper formatting.
Wish List - A Do Not Suggest idea.

Idea Development Categories
Inactive Topic
- An idea that has not had any posts within 180 days or does not meet the requirements of a proposal
Proposal - An idea that has the support of its creator and is properly formatted.
Discussion - An idea that has 10 meaningful replies (at least 2 within 180 days).
App Ideas: has at least 5 meaningful replies
Deliberation - An idea that has 25 meaningful replies (at least 5 within 180 days).
App Ideas: has at least 10 meaningful replies
Development - An idea that has 50 meaningful replies (at least 10 within 180 days).
App Ideas: has at least 20 meaningful replies
Established - An idea that is under consideration to be sent to the developers (more developed than a development).

Rachel.L

Phrourach
I haven't voted b/c i'm torn
on one hand, I want them treated equally so lessening the requirements for the app stuff makes it the ugly step-child
otoh, many app-only users do not come to the forum (I am told) b/c it is difficult to access/ reply via mobile
I use my phone version just fine in a pinch but that's me
so it's a toss up

my overall issue is that none of these amendments/ setting up guidelines for this process actually move toward getting things to the devs
whether it's an app or general idea and it reaches "established" level, then what
the language of the rules says "under consideration to be sent to the developers" but what does that mean?
does everything that has enough discussion get sent to the devs?
do we have to have 3 established ideas to have a poll?
do the two that don't get chosen get rejected or wait for the next poll?
the guidelines tell us about idea development but not how we get things done

DeletedUser31385

I have recognized that the app ideas don't get a lot of feedback compared to ideas about the entire game. That along with feedback is the reason for this proposal. Proposal 1 would have a considerable impact on what posts get counted for the prefix. Currently, posts expire after 180 days and are no longer counted towards the prefixes. That proposal would make all posts regardless of when they occurred count towards the prefixes. Proposal 3 simply gives the creator of an idea some rights in determining whether or not it gets downgraded to an inactive topic. Idea rejections aren't affected.

The Established level means that the idea simply needs minor changes for the idea to be sent up. At this stage, the idea is basically in a finished state. As I said a while back, we will no longer be doing polls to send ideas to the developers. I will be deciding which ideas go to the developers based on how well they are constructed. If an idea doesn't look to be ready, I won't send it up. This means that more ideas can be sent up in the long run as fewer will be rejected just because another idea is more popular.

DeletedUser31385

or it means fewer ideas will be sent, having not made it through all the hoops
Not really. The requirements for the developments and improvements from Phoenixavier's section guide were at the same level as the new development prefix which is the maximum status that can be attained by fulfilling listed requirements (established is given by ideas moderators). There are simply more stages of development being expressed.

Rachel.L

Phrourach
Not really. The requirements for the developments and improvements from Phoenixavier's section guide were at the same level as the new development prefix which is the maximum status that can be attained by fulfilling listed requirements (established is given by ideas moderators). There are simply more stages of development being expressed.
right, more stages = more hoops
plus the final stage: rather than a poll (players chose a winner that is automatically sent to devs), now an established idea must be "polished" to fit additional requirements that are not documented
(at least not in the new system)
more hoops

DeletedUser31385

right, more stages = more hoops
plus the final stage: rather than a poll (players chose a winner that is automatically sent to devs), now an established idea must be "polished" to fit additional requirements that are not documented
(at least not in the new system)
more hoops
There were multiple stages to ideas before this so it isn't much different in that sense. There are basically the same number of obstacles that an idea must face except they are now different. Each stage below development simply notes all the levels below based on how well the idea is constructed.

The only requirements that established ideas have to fit are that they are decently balanced and have ALL areas of the format filled out. I won't send up an idea if it is very unbalanced. Both of those requirements are obvious.

DeletedUser31385

Results:

Yes - 10 (90.1%)
No - 1 (9.9%)
Abstain - 1