An Oh Well

DeletedUser

(scr)

Want to thank Onoir for his reply to my request..
Also want to clarify my being polite to you or anyone else has nothing to do with "pushing my values" on anyone.
I wish you and the rest of the Grimm Sleepers good luck.

On a side note, and this is a very general observation from responses, lack of them and reading a number of posts in these forums.

It is my opinion (in general) you guys a pretty hard on new players.

I sure don't expect to get accepted over night, but hey a welcome to the game or get a response when asking a question isn't too off the wall in my view.

Anyway. I fully expect to get clobbered shortly and will admit I enjoyed watching the city get built.
Perhaps I'll have better luck on my next try.

Regards To All
Grey

DeletedUser2663

Yea, you got unlucky with your location, being near the grimm sleepers is bad for a newie. But take it as a learning experience and try to learn from it and it will help.

DeletedUser

Dont worry, just restart and you will be relocated to the rim. There you will find small players like you and you will have a better chance.

Basil

DeletedUser

MetalCore. thanks for the reply. I did not, nor do I want to come off as sounding like I was whining about what position I was in on the game board or MY OWN lack of experience. That was a given for any new game..I'll take my lumps like everyone else.

My point was and is, any game I've played in/on you have your studs and your average players and your poor players and yes your Newbs... BUT there is usually someone in that grouping that will tell ya where the pisser is at least.

At any rate what I said in my application to Grim Sleepers holds true today.. I learn, I grow, I don't quit.. Thanks for the encouragement ..

Be Well
Grey

DeletedUser

Will do BasilBarfly..though I have to let you know I'm not a small guy. A beginner yes lol

Good luck in the game.
Grey

DeletedUser

Onoir thank you for your response again albeit moot at this point. I do not recall messaging you 5 times.
I believe it was three times to your alliance. Once to apply, once to BloodRed and one as a follow up to see if you had made a decision. Again all moot.

Presumptuous of me to apply to your alliance being so low in standing yep you are probably right about that.
But think about it, I'm on an Island with a successful group who describes themselves as the following. Why wouldn't I apply.

The mistake I made was taking you literally.
And I quote from your alliance page.

Recruitment: Limited to active players in Oc65.<<< check
Experience not required but willingness to learn is essential. <<<check
Minimum point requirement for new members is 1500 points. << check lol

Because I sure fit into all that criteria. :)

Anyway.. ..... as I said in my previous post I wish you and your alliance well and simply wanted to point out to you that your response was.....blunt... sure I'll accept that word...and move on.

And sir.. I am ALWAYS MOTIVATED.

Be Well and good luck
Grey

DeletedUser19174

You meet our criteria. <<< check (all of them)
You openly and publicly admit to being a Noob <<< check
Grimm "was" fighting an alliance 2-3 times our size <<< check

I have nothing against Noob's, I enjoy teaching them what I know. That being said, why the hell would I recruit a Noob, that has publicly announced his Noobism, whilst fighting a war on his doorstep against a much larger opponent. It would only place you and my other members cities in danger. See, we actually did you a favour by not recruiting you, you just can't see it.

My only fault was not responding to you, but much the same as Onoir, I receive 50+ messages a day, asking for invite, for pact, for advice so I am sorry if I miss the occasional response. But I can tell you, no-one is going to throw you a bone if you continue to and moan about not getting an invite or a reply. Suck it up Princess.

And the pisser is down the stairs to the right.....:p

DeletedUser

(scr)
Blood.. All I have asked is to learn sir.. And yes valuable lessons were learned this day. I can only reiterate I meant no harm in these communications other than to say. even bad news is better than being ignored when one reaches out. I also want to reiterate that it was not just you two that ignored my posts or questions so that part was NIT directed solely at you.

I did take my first battle out on the street s today and won for the moment. The counter attack arrives soon by which I expect to be obliterated off the map lol.

have nothing against Noob's, I enjoy teaching them what I know. That being said, why the hell would I recruit a Noob, that has publicly announced his Noobism, whilst fighting a war on his doorstep against a much larger opponent. It would only place you and my other members cities in danger. See, we actually did you a favor by not recruiting you, you just can't see it.<<<< Very good point and one I won't forget.

Tell you what got my hackles up...when I did reach out I asked in the forum what the appropriate approach and criterian was.. I got ONE answer and a quality one. When reaching out to Onior he took what was being polite to me, as shoving some kind of morals down his throat... THAT was not intended nor implied...but hey when the stone hits your head u pick it up and fire it back

I also was not aware of the kind of communication traffic takes place for you guys so for MY nudging I sincerely apologize to you both.

Look you guys I learn quickly.. I wanted to be a part of something and new I was at a crossroads to my limits of knowledge and thought it bet to reach out when I did... too hard at the wrong time and paid the price by being rebutted.

Having said all this I did attack one of yours tonight to learn about it, who in one minute from now will arrive to wipe my A** out lol.. Good fun. Learned a lot.. ..oops update.,., I have survived the first volley lol

Be well guys and I hope we get to stand side by side one day,....

Respectfully Submitted
TheGrey_1

PS by the looks of the carnage on both sides I'm not a virgin anymore lol

PSS Wish I knew how to post the results charts ,, I did ok for a rookie lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

As one newbie to another - at least I know enough to keep my head down. Please take this one piece of advise, short to the point messages are best. If they want you they will ask you to join. Start with a lower ranking alliance and move up if needed.

DeletedUser

As one newbie to another - at least I know enough to keep my head down. Please take this one piece of advise, short to the point messages are best. If they want you they will ask you to join. Start with a lower ranking alliance and move up if needed.

this forum thread is wayyyy old and now grey is one GRIMM player :p