An Original Nightmare

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
Not sure how many of you played EN Gamma - so many years ago. (different account back then)

But I fought under the alliance Nightmares of Elysium...and I seem to be the only one left who plays anymore.

I'd love to reconnect with my old comrades...turn the oceans red once more.

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
Oh I know.

I saw the rise of WW, the rise of revolt (still inferior to CQ...thats my own opinion)

Saw the introduction of Heroes and new gods.

The game HAS changed...but the basics have always remained the same.

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
Another "OLDSCHOOL ELITE" circlejerking thread now... ?

More like actually checking to see if any of the old comrades are still around.

Any of the original nightmares, any except klevito.

He brokered the 'peace' and 'merges' that turned NmE...into Fusion.

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
oh no, I didn't mean anything about heroes or anything like that, I meant that the new school players will run laps around the old school guys, timing is the name of the game and the newer players have it mastered.

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
oh no, I didn't mean anything about heroes or anything like that, I meant that the new school players will run laps around the old school guys, timing is the name of the game and the newer players have it mastered.

Lol...new school players still have a lot to learn when going up against an old school veteran.

Timing has always been the name of the game...and old schools such as myself who mastered back then...still have it mastered now.

We just have more tools at our disposal. :)

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
Lol...new school players still have a lot to learn when going up against an old school veteran.

Timing has always been the name of the game...and old schools such as myself who mastered back then...still have it mastered now.

We just have more tools at our disposal. :)

i promise you that basically anyone who regularly partakes in Meme Machine force lands will outtime any "old school player" you can put forward

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
Those scripts weren't available 10 years ago eh?

There's a science to it, and as science goes, research gets better over time. There's no need for additional scripts with all the game mechanics they've added to make timing easier over the years. muscle memory sticks for sure, but people get faster when they practice, they get even better when they understand how to utilize the game to their own advantage. utilizing sirens is a great example that most players overlook, anchors in general really. If you're a GA player, I really do pity the fact you think we're cheating, feel free to message me in game on 136 and I'll send you an exact copy of the timing guide I wrote for my team. I'm of the mind that the community is too small at this point to not foster anyone who wants to learn.

Sambr

Taxiarch
There's a science to it, and as science goes, research gets better over time. There's no need for additional scripts with all the game mechanics they've added to make timing easier over the years. muscle memory sticks for sure, but people get faster when they practice, they get even better when they understand how to utilize the game to their own advantage. utilizing sirens is a great example that most players overlook, anchors in general really. If you're a GA player, I really do pity the fact you think we're cheating, feel free to message me in game on 136 and I'll send you an exact copy of the timing guide I wrote for my team. I'm of the mind that the community is too small at this point to not foster anyone who wants to learn.
I'm not haha I was only making light of previous accusations, I don't play 136

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch

Right, like I said. Anchors were a thing back then too.

LS anchor a flyer nuke or transport anchor them.

Maybe anchor a bireme nuke with LS or anchor a LS nuke with a transport.

The options are quite large and numerous, thats not even taking into account heroes, tokens, researches, etc.

Add those in and it adds even more capability to time/anchor and what not.

If there is a science to it - I'd love to see it.

If you are in 139 or 140 - please message me. :)

Now if you mean how fast they can time that support and what not - I understand that. Possibly.

However the anti-timer is quite the RNG and you need to be in its good graces to really pull off some epic clutches.

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
Right, like I said. Anchors were a thing back then too.

LS anchor a flyer nuke or transport anchor them.

Maybe anchor a bireme nuke with LS or anchor a LS nuke with a transport.

The options are quite large and numerous, thats not even taking into account heroes, tokens, researches, etc.

Add those in and it adds even more capability to time/anchor and what not.

If there is a science to it - I'd love to see it.

If you are in 139 or 140 - please message me. :)

Now if you mean how fast they can time that support and what not - I understand that. Possibly.

However the anti-timer is quite the RNG and you need to be in its good graces to really pull off some epic clutches.
The anti timer is hardly rng, it's above a 50/50 chance of hitting a command on the exact second you're looking to hit assuming you're setup correct to do it.

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
Hardly RNG? It goes 15 seconds to either before or after. Thats quite the rng. lol

but it's not though, if you get 18 attempts to hit an attack or support in a 1 second window, the probability of the event occuring is 58.44%, 18 is being generous and only assuming 2 anchor sets, the probability of a full, 3 anchored (base fts/bir, LS, STS) event of occurring would be 1/21 in 27 instances or 73.21%

Back2Basics

Chiliarch
However, if you're not a gambling man and those odds don't suit you, we can always play the game that your timing will be within 1 second of your intended target, either -2 for a non locked attack, or +1 for a support, your odds, not adjusting anything except the probability of the event occuring from 4.76% (1/21) to 9.52% (2/21), your odds jump up to a 93.29% chance of hitting your desire timing window. The returns are diminishing as you get further from your target time. But to chalk it up to RNG is purely incorrect. It'd be almost always user failure...

MainKiller07

Hekatontarch
However, if you're not a gambling man and those odds don't suit you, we can always play the game that your timing will be within 1 second of your intended target, either -2 for a non locked attack, or +1 for a support, your odds, not adjusting anything except the probability of the event occurring from 4.76% (1/21) to 9.52% (2/21), your odds jump up to a 93.29% chance of hitting your desire timing window. The returns are diminishing as you get further from your target time. But to chalk it up to RNG is purely incorrect. It'd be almost always user failure...

Chalking it up to RNG is actually quite correct. The RNG can mess with timing the perfect attacks, of course the more players, the more attacks, the more supports, the better chance of an attack every second for the CS to land with support landing with it at the same time.

Sending biremes to support, is a 40 min TT - hit send, we arrive seconds before, recall & try again, more then 10 second window behind. Recall again, add in a few sirens (provided its the correct god) and that allows for another shot.

Add a speed boost token if needed as well.

RNG is the ultimate deciding factor of the 15 second anti-timer.

9/10 if I launch an attack, and send support with the same second window...it will not land at the same exact time. It will either be before...or after. After if lucky, before if unlucky and I forgot to recall to resend.

The timing can make or break a conquest.

If this guide you claim to have can beat the anti-timer then as I said...I'm open to giving it a try.

HarleyMatic

Hipparchus
NmE sucked big time. LEEJG told me most of you guys were homo's, any truth to that? I mean if it is that's ok with me, you be you.