And now for something completely different

DeletedUser55100

well, not exactly as the idea has been floated several times but has never been taken onboard for whatever reasons.

Can't understand why the idea has never been given any real consideration, maybe just too difficult to do from a technical perspective but if i float the idea again maybe somebody can tell me why this idea is apparently a non-starter.

Plenty of worlds released throughout the year so can we not be a little alternative and move away from the norm by having a one-off "Random Landing" world.

- No choosing the direction, no pre mades jumping in together at the same location just drop in wherever you land and take it from there. (Restarts also random)

Might actually freshen the game up a little (certainly can't do any worse), and surely Inno can spare JUST ONE New World release to give it a go.

Might be more appealing for new players, and gives the more experienced players the challenge of actually having to work with what you've got in your area and build something rather the the usual boring procession of premades containing the same old faces that basically render a new world meaningless after a few months.

Obviously there will be those players than cannot stand the thought of not playing together with the same players that they play with in every other world - maybe they are not up for such a challenge, fair enough plenty of other worlds to play.

Something new, a bit different, any reason why such a world cannot be considered? - after all, If its a dead parrot then no need to repeat it again.

1saaa

Strategos
That would be interesting for sure. Perhaps inno could deliberately make the algorithm split up players who are normally in the same alliance?

Raydium88

Strategos
Although I can appreciate the sentiment behind this (not to mention it has been indeed suggested before), organized premades would not cease to exist.

Players who want to play together, through organized team comms will always find a way to get together. Even if you spawn them across opposite oceans, given how long it takes nowadays the core to fill, if let's say 60 players spawn within the 1st hour of a world opening they will all be a mere few islands from each other.

I agree this would stop the casual premade alliances... like those who reset back in the rim, but are often not competitive. It would stop instant island cores from existing. And yes would improve randomness in teams a lot, specially for those players that spawn later into the world. But is not gonna stop the big names from finding one another, or day 1 competitive/organized premades from existing.

DeletedUser56466

The good premades you wish to break up would thrive and the noobs would be rimmed faster.

Good idea if you don't mind getting rimmed :p