Pending Android App - Forced Updates/Incompatabiility issues

DeletedUser42857

Two part problem.

First part: When the android app has a new update available you are forced to download the update.

33a7x47.png

You are redirected to the play store, but bearing in mind the app is nearly 50mb this is only suitable for downloading by WIFI for people on limited internet useage on their phones, and if you dont update straight away you are faced with a permenent loading screen and cannot play the game.

vr7a85.png

Its fine prompting for update, but at the moment its impossible to play the game until you have installed the update, which means if people arent home they are unable to play the game.

Secondly: Something is up with the list of devices you make it compatable with. I use a S2 which is by no means an old phone, with android 4.4.4 which is the very latest edition of android. Theres no way I should be getting this when trying to update.

2r6l3ba.jpg

Which basically means countless people are shut out of using the app because of supposed device incompatability and the refusal for it to work unless you download the latest update.

24deg74.png

(obviously there are ways round this. Download the apk direct using apk leacher or similar and then sideloading the app, but thats a right carry on)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser42857

Follow up on this, even using APK Downloader, it refuses to download if i am from UK. But as soon as i remove en from the download link i can download the apk to side load it.

DeletedUser27700

I'll have to get someone to test this, I don't have the devices to test with. Thanks for posting this, I'll post back here if we need more info.

DeletedUser

Hello dimspace,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the app.

I have tried to replicate the second issue for you; however, I am having no luck. Can you look into upgrading the app again to see if you are still getting the non-compatible error? If so, could you reboot your device and try again? The Google play store does have a few fumbles every once in a while. If these steps don't see to make a difference, please reply so we can look into the issue further. I do have an Android device, and I have seen the switch on-off work for the play store to recognize the software.

Regarding your first issue; that is the app wanting the update. There really is not a way that we could implement an update without all users being on the same platform otherwise everything would be a mess. I hope this makes sense. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know. Iceddragon or myself will do our best to answer your question(s).

Thanks,
Lane

DeletedUser42857

The forced update is just a pain for people who dont have wifi access, but i guess the reasoning behind it.

Its still showing non compatible with my s2 on 4.4, but i just download it seperately and sideload it. (and ive tried forcing play store to think im on a different phone, and it still doesnt like it. Its fine on the tablet.

(interestingly when you use an apk leacher to download the file, if you use the full play store url, air.com.innogames.grepolis&hl=en_GB it says file doesnt exist, if you knock the &hl=en_GB off the end its fine. so it may well be that google has an issue with the combination of s2/4.4/gb as technically the s2 doesnt have android 4.4 in the uk)..

Last edited by a moderator: