Wish List Another Endgame Idea

DeletedUser46816

Proposal:
Remove World Wonders. Replace with a first to take 7 Artemis cities wins.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
I checked, found nothing.

Reason:
World wonders are a simmers paradise. My idea focusses on pure old skool attacking and defending. Most people I know hate WW period. They have cities geared for attacking and defending and all of a sudden they have to spend 1 month getting their markets up and maxing temple and reso buildings. This is one of the most gruelling part of a world for me. People I know enjoyed the Artemis cities challenge and it was something different. I propose to incorporate this and make the end game more enjoyable.

Details:
First to conquer seven Artemis cities wins the world. Of course the idea needs to be finessed further as in where these will appear; if the alliance has several in their oceans, or will it appear everywhere. What buffs players get etc etc.

What I propose is an element of randomness. For example the Artemis cities could appear randomly as the 21st city in any "all blue" islands an alliance owns. And I mean any all blue island any alliance on the map owns. There will be a limited number that will appear in the world, so this will mean in order to maximise the chance of the cities appearing in your core the alliance will need to make loads of islands secure and all blue. This will promote strong cores and will make the game more challenging and fun during the midgame when alliances will compete to reduce the number of complete islands an enemy owns.

Visual Aids:
N/A

Balance:
Once you conquer the Artemis cities, it doesn't mean you are safe, they can be taken by other alliances so you really have to defend it and not just sleep. This means players must both attack and defend and not just go 80% defence mode like the current endgame.

There will be some limitations where you will never get all 7 Artemis cities in your "all blue islands" so some will have to be conquered in neighbouring unfriendly "All red" islands!! So securing these will be challenging. i.e. kill Artemis troops and then any subsequent troops belonging to the alliance protecting it. Or if the city is already conquered by the enemy you have to conquer it back.

Basically with these rules the end game will never be a walk in the park. Anyone could win!!

Abuse Prevention:
Gold lovers!!! These guys will ruin it as they will be able to gold out a full nuke instantly. So I propose one limitation:

Golding units during the "Artemis" period will be forbidden to allow everyone in the world to have a fair chance to win. So no purchase of units at all. Sorry Gold lovers, this is ability focused and not wallet focussed.

Before anyone has a go at me saying "This is not business". Inno can still allow the use of gold for advisers and trade for reso. But Instant buy will be disabled and also buying units from the merchant will be disabled too. This will make it fair. i.e. Nobody will be able to "Purchase" units instantly and thus preventing someone from Golding out a full nuke in 1hr. Basically revert to how it was before World Taras.

Academies will also ruin this as they will increase the odds of the Artemis cities appearing in friendly territory. We need to promote fighting the enemy for these cities So a counter to this will be to Only allow one alliance to win it. Everyone is on their own. An academy will never get any awards for the parent alliance winning.

Summary:
I don't know, like I said this idea needs some work but the aim will be to make it more battle focussed. I hope we can have a discussion here to really get a viable alternative to what we have now. Unlike previous ideas this idea has a clear finish just like the current WW. However instead of being focussed on simming this is based on fighting. Feedback will be welcome.

DeletedUser40768

So how will the cities be defended, will it be heavily defended like when conquering Artemesia's cities during the Thracian Conquest?

I think I like the idea.

DeletedUser

Don't really like the idea. But still better than current system.

New system needs to be a fight to the death between alliances.

DeletedUser45380

You will still have players colonizing just to get all blue islands. There will still be a bit of simming but its better than the current system.

DeletedUser

nice try but anything that involves stopping people from spending gold is never going to happen here

DeletedUser46816

@ Joseph Nieves

Correct, I expect this to be heavily defended to start with, but then an enemy alliance can stack it once its cleared, exactly like The Thracian Conquest concept.

@cloaca maxima

I agree with you, in theory a fight to the death will be the best. But what I fear is as the world drags on, people will quit. Ultimately the winner being the alliance with most actives. In my idea I tried to come up with a clear finish, the motivation behind this is partly what I said above. Also we must look to the past and see the old hero worlds. The concept on paper was great, no WW, fight till the end. But the lack of a clear finish meant eventually people just got bored. In my idea I try to promote the one last big battle concept. :)

@scorecard

Yes, this will happen for sure. On the bright side the earlier this happens the more developed cities available at the end and the more troops that will be involved in the final bloodbath.

@black Ker

Sadly I also believe this to be the case. With the recent gold trading and instant build features; any end game idea that involves fighting will be ruined by those players who have deep pockets. There will always be that guy who builds a full nuke within a few hours. Or someone repeatedly recalling the Phonetician Merchant so they can "buy" their myth nukes. If an alliance has several players like this then the majority of endgame ideas I have seen in this subforum (including mine) will have winners based solely on how much they are willing to spend and little on skill.

Whatever idea is selected it must be fair to the veterans and the good skilful players who make this game what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

Moved to the wish list because the idea is DNS.