Answers, reasons, and actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Removed by request

Last edited by a moderator:

destroxxi

Phrourach
All I have to say is man I hope you change your name no matter the reasoning contacting an enemy leader and saying take my cities. Big time no no. Anyways sorry about the situation good luck.

DeletedUser

Hmmm, you certainly complained to leadership, but as one of them, how did you reply to yourself? ;)

Sorry mate - I understood your frustration better than anyone but your subsequent actions were crazy. That's not team play - that's madness. Did you even speak to Karlo about it?

DeletedUser44856

Sorry dude, you really can't go on this huge spiel about teamwork and then pull out the "I contacted the enemy card"

I can get you're annoyed, sour grapes teammate didn't help, but the amount of times I've sent everything I've got at a city and it bounced and an alliance member snaps it up, I may miss out on that one city, but hey the enemy now has 1 less city

DeletedUser

Teamwork obviously isn't an art form you are familiar with. It baffles me how someone can play victim in this scenario. You had a temper tantrum and in turn punished the masses for the fault of the few. Handing off cities to the players you call "Friends" would have been admirable. Instead, you ghost, alert the enemy, and they field punishment by association. All in all, the action didn't warrant this reaction. Glad to see the ones with unpredictable attitudes exit sooner than later. Good riddance.

DeletedUser37468

As an outsider looking in.....and from the perspective of someone who has had this happen more than once, you put a whole truckload of effort into taking a city, you got it in the bag only to find some blighter in your own team or allied team slips in there ahead of you and nicks it from under your nose...it chuffin infuriating...the air usually goes every shade of blue, the laptop almost goes through the window without opening it first and you wear huge great furrows in the carpet calling the blighter every conceivable name and expletive under the sun for being a complete and total rear end

Then you go to the kitchen, make yourself a strong black coffee...with a dash of alcofrolics in there...park your backside, mutter under your breath and swear that karma will revisit said individual when they least expect it

....take deep breaths...count to 100 backwards whilst standing on your head.....drink your coffee, dunk a biscuit or 6...and go hunt a new city to take, a much bigger one, reserve it, attack it with everything you have got in your arsenal, take it and promptly stick a finger up at your pooter screen showing said city thief's profile, sit back and smile with the satifaction that your city his better than theirs

;)

(Going to the enemy...even in the heat of the moment...is never a good plan cos it invariably comes back to bite you on the backside later on...and usually when you really really really need your mates around you)

DeletedUser

I understand the argument that it's a team and the alliance taking a city is all that matters, but if the guy in your alliance intentionally sunk your nukes after stealing the city out from under you, he should have been punished and likely booted and recycled. No place for that type of garbage.

DeletedUser

Nice story, if I were you , and I decided to end, I would leave ally and go vs all of them. End up classy style no1. Deffender like a boss you know :p ghost your cities was just too easy for them to take them. I wouldnt give up. You cant imagine how many CS i failed resp. How many cities i failed, it happens, Gl

DeletedUser

All the feedback and criticism is fair and welcomed. In the end, 24 hours later, I do wish I had done things differently. I am happy I attacked the guy that took my city and sunk my units - and I took from him just a little of what he cost me. But I wish I had been more mature, less punitive and impulsive.
What makes this ever more painful is that there are still some welcoming me back. Man, how to make a guy feel even worse, show him some kindness.
In the end, maybe I am not mature enough for this game. I take stuff way too personally, I get my feelings hurt all the time, and I struggle with letting people get away with injustice.
I enjoyed my time here when things were going well. And I wish I hadn't let down those that I still care about. In short, I am sorry for my tantrum.
49 years old and still growing up. Sigh.

DeletedUser42407

All the feedback and criticism is fair and welcomed. In the end, 24 hours later, I do wish I had done things differently. I am happy I attacked the guy that took my city and sunk my units - and I took from him just a little of what he cost me. But I wish I had been more mature, less punitive and impulsive.
What makes this ever more painful is that there are still some welcoming me back. Man, how to make a guy feel even worse, show him some kindness.
In the end, maybe I am not mature enough for this game. I take stuff way too personally, I get my feelings hurt all the time, and I struggle with letting people get away with injustice.
I enjoyed my time here when things were going well. And I wish I hadn't let down those that I still care about. In short, I am sorry for my tantrum.
49 years old and still growing up. Sigh.

Well the fact that you can take advice and learn from your mistakes shows that you just made a simple, human mistake that we all make. As has been said many times, you learn more from your mistakes than your losses. As long as you learnt something from this situation all is not bad.

As Einstein said "Once you stop learning, you start dying"

DeletedUser

If his attacking waves were sunk from the new owner then dummy space is also responsible.
Whatever the cause it is unacceptable to sink a fellow mate.
Am saying dummy space since weasy is just decor, lol
Who is Karlo BTW?:p

DeletedUser47144

Long story short, he is a bad tempered guy with no mental stamina. Ghosted in babyrage over a childish issue.

DeletedUser40768

Long story short, he is a bad tempered guy with no mental stamina. Ghosted in babyrage over a childish issue.

While he did more harm to himself ghosting than he probably did to that other guy, wouldn't call it childish.

The guys he is upset with did a few things wrong:
1) Disregarded his reservation, and a claims thread if he made one.
2) Pretty much said to bad when confronted. If you screwed over your team the first thing you should do is own up to it and make it up to them.
3) Refused to dodge his teammate's attacks and intentionally killed his nukes.

What the leaders did wrong:
1) Didn't impose any consequences for disregarding a reservation and killing a teammate's nukes.
2) Thought a city would make up the loss of troops from (un)friendly fire.
3) Didn't step in and work on a solution.

The leaders basically accepted that the player did his own thing and not correcting it. The other player is a loser for not respecting a reservation and then with the (un)friendly fire incident. A real leader would have made him give up the city and at the very least make him give resources to help rebuild the lost troops. Being that the player did his own thing twice he probably has troubles listening and it's probably easier to internalize and kick him.

With all that said going to the enemy and saying here take these was a bad way to handle it. Makes you more wrong than the other guy, or at least look worse than him.

DeletedUser47144

Wrong.

His units are killed by the enemy biremes. Ask Epidemic, they will have the reports. Second, city was always for him. He was offered the city but he refused to take it.

It was a simple matter of slipping in short distance CS by team mate before enemy support could arrive. City would be handed over to him after that. What's wrong in doing that?

DeletedUser40768

Alright good to get thoughts from the other side.

But you guys had the city already right? Should have moved the enemy support out then. What's wrong is his troops were left to die. If a short CS was being sent and people knew he had attacks on the way, they should be pulling support as it hits. Can't start a new revolt to take the city if the enemy birs are left in. Some conflicting statements so kind of hard to tell what really happened. But right now both sides seem to be at fault.

DeletedUser37468

When it has happened to me or has been alerted to me by another player in that situation.....where a city is clearly reserved and another team member or allied team member with reservation data share has been in and effectively stolen the city thus ignoring a reservation...I have been known to write a very strong PM to the thief with a warning that if he or she does it again they will be internalised and that they should arrange to hand the city across to the rightful owner (the one with the reservation originally) immediately or face sanction

Usually the thief will climb down, apologise profusely for being a total plank and hand across the city willingly with added resources and spells as compensation

There have been occasions though where the thief has not co-operated....one recently in Abdera who constantly watched for reservations and stole cities....he was warned twice....handed over twice...stole a 3rd city and before he could move in and start redecorating, he was internalised and thrown out...and sent a PM to the effect that Leadership will not be ignored and that he was not above anyone else in the team and as such he had overstayed his welcome (he also had a record of attacking green flagged and NAP cities too, so no real loss when he was removed)

He put up a fight against internalisation...but he was soon disposed of and left the server

DeletedUser46251

I think the issue is the players attitude to the situation and needlessly wasting alliance troops in the process.

The least you can do is name and shame the player :D

DeletedUser

First off the person who took your reserved city was an absolute retard in my opinion. Not only did he take a reserved city but then gave you attitude once he took the city. That's what I don't understand. "I stole something of value from you, get over it." Thats darn bull stuff. What made it even worse is the fact that he knowingly LET your troops die. And then they call what he did teamwork. lol. Killing your own alliance mates troops (doesn't matter that is was not his own birs. The fact that Griffs attacks were landing on a city the alliance had already taken, and there was support in the city which could have been removed by the click of a button) is not bloody teamwork.

However ghosting and telling the enemy was wrong. What you should have done is either join someone else or leave the alliance and battle it out.

Wow I got mad lol, I need to calm down ;).

DeletedUser38400

If i did understand all that here is my opinion . Its not about the city. the player who didnt empty the city so that your CS can land safely is a real jerk, and he needs to be punished for that. But you shouldnt contact the enemy that you wouldnt ghost so that they can take your cities. You should go in style mate, not like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.