Any old schoolers in this world?

DeletedUser

Lol! I remember that. You never really did any assult on me did you? I can't remember any incoming attacks! :O

Not really ... The peeps that I had on my frontlines were Allicient, S3v3rd, QnD, 5150, phuket, Pellerin, etc.

Also, there were a few "Do Not Attack" players (such as Bishop42 and Z Grade I believe) ... essentially the TC policy in the TC-NWO war was that only those could be attacked who attacked us first. This policy later deteriorated and when NWO became aFGM everyone became fair game. The war lost it's lustre at that point.

Ah ... good old Theta :)

DeletedUser11886

aFGM? I think I lost my memory there. lol. I'm bad at annotations which happened when I was 10.

edit:
oh, a Few Good Men? Yeah. didn't this war start when Blod the Invader was accused of treason? Then she joined TC and I ended up spying for TC at the end and joined you guys? I now remember your name.

DeletedUser

aFGM? I think I lost my memory there. lol. I'm bad at annotations which happened when I was 10.

edit:
oh, a Few Good Men? Yeah. didn't this war start when Blod the Invader was accused of treason? Then she joined TC and I ended up spying for TC at the end and joined you guys? I now remember your name.

No, the war started over The Vanguard. NWO has been fighting TV and when the war concluded many TV ended up joining TC and didn't want to join NWO. This greatly irritated QnD ... Relationship between TC and NWO has become rocky over the TV situation. The final straw was over a player (I believe Sir Lancelot or something) who joined TC, but NWO wanted him out as he came to TV from TL.

The situation with Blood and TRD happened after as they didn't want to got to war against TC because we both came from the same origin, so to speak ... The Cohort evolved from Pariah Revolution North or PRN (which was an Academy to The Pariah alliance). The Pariah was at war with The War Academy. When the TP-TWA war ended they merged to become LoW (Lords of World I believe). LoW then merged with RoO (Rulers of the Oceans) to form NWO. Blood and TRD came to NWO from the LoW side, while QnD and 5150 came from the RoO side. Because TC (or PRN as it was known then) proved itself in the TP-TWA war (when most of The Pariah leadership disappeared, also PRS - Pariah Revolution South completely disintegrated) it came on equal footing with the LoW alliance as opposed to being an Academy. However when NWO was formed, NWO demanded that TC be it's academy and, well, we didn't comply. So from essentially day one there was friction between TC and NWO.

DeletedUser

Theta used to be fun, fun, fun :)

I'm hoping Idalium will be the same in terms of the alliances, pacts, and intrigue ... The rise, merge, and fall of mighty alliances, from the ashes of which new pacts and a new order rises, perpetuating the cycle we know as GREPOLIS

... It is certainly starting to shape that way.

DeletedUser11886

Yes, now I remember completely. Do you remember me as the bunneh? lol. I have bad memory on the whole of the war, but I'm pretty sure after the friction since I had close relations with many (note, many) of the leadership from both sides, and many members I was pretty much let into a lot of alliance matters. I can clearly remember Blod the Invader and some other friend on of mine, forgot his name :( were talking to me asking me to join them, and on the forum there was always the commotion of the apparent 'betrayal' from them.

So basically, I went from TP to LoW to NWO to TC. If I'm not mistaken, before I left the world and left 3 full islands full of cities ghost I believe TC won and went to the #1 spot for a while. TP won in the end am I correct? I remember being invited to TP close to the end of my Theta Career. I guess I should have.

DeletedUser

Who doesn't remember the bunneh lol.

At the end of the NWO-TC war, TC ended up as #1 alliance for a while, until mergers on the TP side pushed them over us. These were each 80 to 90 million point alliances, with many many players having 100+ cities. If Theta wasn't headed for a shut down, I'm pretty sure a war between TP and TC would've erupted. There was some tension building with JW+TBE on one side and TP on the other. Also, I don't believe after the TC-NWO war TC was properly/formally re-admitted into The Coalition. I know there were many bruised feelings towards The Coalition because TC saw NWO as the aggressor, so getting booted from The Coalition didn't sit well with TC leadership.

A war at that point would be pointless ... there were so many 10k+ cities ghosting everywhere that taking enemy cities was mainly symbolic.

However, in the end with the whole wonder thing, many were looking to join into a single alliance ... that's when the lines became blurred. In the end I don't recall whether it was TP or this new alliance that ended in the 1st spot. I know TC was #3 when the world shut down.

DeletedUser11886

Eh, I wonder what happened when my full 3 islands full of cities that were maxed points went ghost. Did you hear any news of that? xD

DeletedUser

Not really. Islands of 10k cities were ghosting all over ... there were areas of the map where all you saw was 10k ghosts with few if any active players in sight ... kinda like armageddon. It was a bit depressing to be honest.

DeletedUser11886

Nonono. I ghosted a few months before the end of the world. A few days after TC went to the #1 spot.

DeletedUser

i played gamma for about 8 monhes then ghosted have played on of since then this is my favourait world back then i was in plures et unum