Any predictions .....?

DeletedUser

although since it's times 3 for conquer it is also times three speed for the ships heading towards it.

I like the 12 hour time best in 2x world but they can't have every world the same!

DeletedUser

although since it's times 3 for conquer it is also times three speed for the ships heading towards it.

I like the 12 hour time best in 2x world but they can't have every world the same!

No, that's not true. Ship speed and world speed are two entirely different settings, my friend. World speed impacts build times and siege times, not troop/boat movement sppeds. That factor is controlled by the troop speed setting, which is stuck in first gear.

@darklazerman: Indeed, she did have everyone vote, so people have only themselves to blame. I voted for world speed two, to be honest, but the unthinking masses rushed toward the instant (relatively) gratification of 3x speed and the nostalgia of conquest without considering the consequences.

And, unfortunately, troop speed setting was never a factor upon which to be voted.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

No, that's not true. Ship speed and world speed are two entirely different settings, my friend. World speed impacts build times and siege times, not troop/boat movement sppeds. That factor is controlled by the troop speed setting, which is stuck in first gear.

@darklazerman: Indeed, she did have everyone vote, so people have only themselves to blame. I voted for world speed two, to be honest, but the unthinking masses rushed toward the instant (relatively) gratification of 3x speed and the nostalgia of conquest without considering the consequences.

And, unfortunately, troop speed setting was never a factor upon which to be voted.

troops speed should equal the the world speed in my opinion. and i voted for world speed 2 to.

DeletedUser

That's because great minds think alike, my friend.

And I agree that troop speed should match the world speed, though a 3x troop speed in a 3x world would cause such a level of hyperactivity that only the people in their mother's basements and the school attendees without jobs could keep abreast with the real contenders.

DeletedUser

That's because great minds think alike, my friend.

And I agree that troop speed should match the world speed, though a 3x troop speed in a 3x world would cause such a level of hyperactivity that only the people in their mother's basements and the school attendees without jobs could keep abreast with the real contenders.

very true. if you have a RL, you wouldn't do so well in that world....... and if you slept. you'd need to have a lot of coffee.

DeletedUser

It actually would be nice to have the following world settings

World speed 1
Troop speed 1
Morale Off
Conquest

Yeah it would be slow as crap, but at least I could use that world as a 2nd world to play on. Right now I can only concentrate on one world. Its nice not to have to devote so much time to a world.

DeletedUser

World speed 1
Troop speed 1
Morale Off
Conquest

Yeah it would be slow as crap, but at least I could use that world as a 2nd world to play on. Right now I can only concentrate on one world. Its nice not to have to devote so much time to a world.

I believe both Alpha and Beta followed those settings.

DeletedUser

I believe both Alpha and Beta followed those settings.

Yeah but they are pretty old servers. I would love to see a new one open up where I could take my shot at the core.

DeletedUser

World speed 1
Troop speed 1
Morale Off
Conquest

you can only realistically dedicate 1 core world at once of any speed to be successful, unless you have gained a protection circle in one of the worlds.

DeletedUser

you can only realistically dedicate 1 core world at once of any speed to be successful, unless you have gained a protection circle in one of the worlds.

Too true, too true, but it is exceptionally true of a world of this speed.

Though, at speed one, if one weren't an officer of any type in an alliance, one could pull off two core worlds, I would think, providing both were speed one.

DeletedUser

official positions are not what make the difference... the attack planning on your own account when you get to around 80k + on each makes it virtually impossible. The troop speed is the same no matter the world, so speeds have very little effect on it. Try having 100 incomings on one world overnight, and 100 incomings on the other during your daytime... then you understand my point.

DeletedUser

Valid point. I stand down to your logic, oh exalted pooh-bah.