Anyone not pacted with EoD?

DeletedUser12667

must take this game serious your self!

Unfortunatly WAY too many grepo players suffer from this exact illness. Seems too many forget we are all actual people here, some are in school, some are lawyers, some doctors, some mechanics, some movers, some buisness men, some unemployed, etc.... All of us are here to play a game to pass the time and have some enjoyment while doing so. I will be willing to bet that no player here is actually a true enemy in RL of another player here. And those who are enemies here in the game, I would be willing to gamble on the fact that you would likely get along if you were face to face in RL. So what I wonder is why some feel the need to personally insult others that we dont personally know?

DeletedUser

Oh my. Kanga, you said the Rheth forums were a bit more subdued than Troy. ;)

The first thing which sticks out in my mind is what seems to be a misunderstanding as to the exact definition of a refugee. Graeme, in fact, has it right. A refugee is a player who is under attack and joins an alliance for the sole purpose of seeking protection. I'm not sure from what I've read here as to how some of you treat refugees, but I developed the habit (thanks to the long-ago alliance Legion from the world of Chi) of taking out any refugee I find even if they joined an alliance pacted with my own. It's a matter of principle, though I give the courtesy of at least informing the alliance leaders why I'm rimming their newest member.

Now as for the next subject. I haven't been in the thick of things with Rheth and so what knowledge I have I glean from the external forums. One thing I think many haven't yet seen in the big picture is what happens to pacts, alliance branches and academies, etc, when the World Wonder race begins. Only one alliance (branch or otherwise) can win the world. So what does this mean for the academies, branches, pacts, etc? For pacts, it means any and all will be broken as they've suddenly lost their usefulness. When trying to win a world, you're not going to want to help another alliance by protecting them, giving resources, etc, so they can race you to building your world wonders.

As for the branches, academies, what have you, it will come down to their having to either 1. break away from the main branch to form their own alliance so they may join that race or 2. lay down their swords and allow themselves and all of their hard work to be cannibalized by the main branch and thus they become nothing more than worker ants building the hill for the queen/king ant's army.

In the end, how many pacts/branches, etc, isn't going to matter. It's going to be the strongest players with the most detailed vision and determination to work for the prize. From what I've seen so far, many alliances fit that bill. As hilop and others have said, just remember that this is a game. It's meant to be fun. It's not about childishly flaming other players in the externals. Play the game, have fun and rather than go at one another's throats by making yourselves look like taunting kindergarten children in the forums, prove your prowess in-game.

DeletedUser

Well This world is still starting up and building wonders are going to be a distant view. What do we do during that time?? Not have pacts and suffer like 13th legion??? Obviously we have plans and inactivity is going to hit no matter what. Its about choices and we have already made out choice and all big alliance have made their choices too.

I do not agree with your definition of refugee. What if a player who just got attacked once and never again got attacked again so by your definition he would be a refugee. lol that doesn make sense. Only if you are under revolt and you join an alliance then you are a refugee because he is running away from the fight.

DeletedUser

Yes, this world is still young, however, it will still eventually come down to the point when the epiphany of there being but one alliance claimed the victor of this world will come into play. Then it's all deals are off and the branches will turn against one another in the end. So it's an idea to choose carefully, Bodnapa.

As for your disagreement with me concerning the definition of a refugee, it is still the same in that the person, whether they are simply being a farm for another player under revolt, is running away for protection rather than battling it out with their attacker. I've played Grepo since the first gen worlds as I'm sure most here have and the definition of a refugee has always been the same and well understood by the vast majority.

Now, you do mention of a player who is attacked once, then no attack comes and they join an alliance. No, that person isn't a refugee. I'm speaking of those who are under constant attacks, being farmed every day or, as you said, are under revolt. Those players are the refugees.

DeletedUser

What bod is attempting to convey to you is that as a world progresses people go inactive or quit. Therefore, players will be moved from the branch alliance to the main alliance and eventually consolidating the most dedicated into a single alliance. As for pacts, intelligent alliances know that they are temporary. They give an advantage when you are fighting the same alliance or would like to focus your forces on a different front. Some people deem them unnecessary, but unless you can put together a super alliance like a dai premade, you are unlikely to succeed in the long run.

As for refugees there are many ways that alliances deal with them one of them being an open attack period like a day or two. Although it is not necessarily the most "fare" to the attacking alliance, it is agreed upon because both sides concede some of their benefits.

You talk about wonders like you have dealt with them, but from what you have said I assume you have not. You talk about rimming every refugee that you encounter, when in fact, close to and during WW era, it is practically impossible to rim an active player.

DeletedUser

I understand exactly what bodnapa is attempting to say, Mosert, just as I understand what you are saying as well. As for WW eras, yes I've been there before, and you're right. When it gets to that point it IS difficult to rim refugees, though in the interim before that, I have always been one to take them out and many other players do the same.

It's all a matter of how one likes to play their game and what has been successful for them in the past.

DeletedUser

Well now i just skimmed through this whole thing and i honestly find it amusing ,but graem instead of arguing on the forms you should be taking care of your allaince. Things like building defense units and walls , Just because your the underdog doesn't mean you cant win (trust me!). And if your going to lose at least give them hell!

]Also please don't use excuses like you just wanted to amuse them and he takes the game to seriously because lets be honest now if you came on the forums with the sole purpose to insult another player you sir must take this game serious your self!

p.s meant no offence just giving my option

Best Regards,

Thedemon447

No offence taken it is a forum everyone has opinions and how they want air them is great,
ok it may look like I am making up excuses, however I a sure you I am not, I knew from the start how this war would end,
EoD are a an extremely well organised, extremely dedicated bunch of players, more so than ourselves, although you think it is an excuse, we mainly play, just for the social side (having no life) if we do well if we lose so be it.
However all my players will agree spending money to build walls, for Admin, Captain, is fine, but with troops and ships it just becomes way to costly and we wont go there, ok possibly an excuse, but it is a good excuse.

as for building defences and fighting we will continue to hopefully be a thorn in the side, however 442 cities v 284 cities is one sided then add the 198 cities of BD :) (not an excuse just reality)

Refugee, Bodnapa saying just one attack does not make them a refugee, in the players I stated on the 1st page you know full well it was not just 1 attack, they was under constant attack from our selves and you, you guys stopped after Langs fell, we didn't. they fell and you took them in.
Avera terminology of a refugee is a player that is in revolt only, which is incorrect

I apologize to anyone thinking, I am just being vindictive but please look at my 1st post and tell me if anything I said was out of order it was for propaganda purposes hoping one of EoD many pacts, would think long and hard, god knows we need help :)
the slight dip in my composure came after Avera's post where I do believe I was called a few names :) probably deserved as I can be a pain in the when I get the bit between my teeth

However I do think a forum with something to debate is better than a forum with nothing posted right or wrong it adds to the fun

DeletedUser29916

Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying yourselves.

Just my 2 cents as far as I know, it does happen that I am wrong.

- EOD did not PLAN to take out 13th in advance
- EOD IS better organised then any other alliance I have seen so far except for DeB in ithaca (but they got finished off eventually)
- Why Graeme do you keep bringing up GOLD. Where do you find information on bank accounts and gold usage of any players in EOD? You don't and thus can't know, you're just thinking out loud hoping everyone else believes you.
- EOD might have come to a point they needed expansion room and seeing how noobish your attempts of trolling/insulting/finding allies and even your gameplay has been over the past days I think they have made the right call.
- On another note, have you even seen how fluently players from BD go into EOD and how many inactives quit and get eaten, most if not all players play this game for fun, this does not mean they need to be slackers and not play with the dedication to actually win...

I'd like to thank everyone in this topic who made a usefull and polite contribution.

Much love,
Chilluminati

ps:
XXXXX today at 09:59
hello guy
i would like to join you guyz as this alliance is very afraid of now and seems to be dead now
as you can see i am the top fighter in my alliance so will like to join you all
xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying yourselves.

Just my 2 cents as far as I know, it does happen that I am wrong.

- EOD did not PLAN to take out 13th in advance

I have to disagree with this, I knew you had plans for a mission on Wed, however not sure if it was us or someone else, I have the message, so the question is if not us who? (not that I expect you to answer)

- EOD IS better organised then any other alliance I have seen so far except for DeB in ithaca (but they got finished off eventually)

Agree, however is this because you have so many pacts and can live at relative safety, picking who to attack next, 1 by 1? however an exceedingly good tactic

- Why Graeme do you keep bringing up GOLD. Where do you find information on bank accounts and gold usage of any players in EOD? You don't and thus can't know, you're just thinking out loud hoping everyone else believes you.

In our last war I lost a city on the 2nd attempt,
the player that took it sent a colony from a city on the same island, I defeated it and cleared all his light ships and troops
1hour 30 minutes later the same city launched another colony consisting of 45 light ships and 400 troops, I would guess gold was spent there, the city was taken,

I have to say, there is nothing wrong with spending gold, if you have earned it, spend it on what ever you want, this game is as good if not better than going out and spending your money urinating up a wall (not my preferred choice though)

- EOD might have come to a point they needed expansion room and seeing how noobish your attempts of trolling/insulting/finding allies and even your gameplay has been over the past days I think they have made the right call.
- On another note, have you even seen how fluently players from BD go into EOD and how many inactives quit and get eaten, most if not all players play this game for fun, this does not mean they need to be slackers and not play with the dedication to actually win...

I'd like to thank everyone in this topic who made a usefull and polite contribution.

Much love,
Chilluminati

I do think you are right it was a war that was going to happen, as we are not really yes men,

trolling, not sure about this? if you say using a forum for opinions is trolling fair enough.
insulting, please look at my 1st few posts and find 1 insult then look at your leaders 1st 2 posts, please remove your rose tinted glasses.
finding allies now this one I really again find highly amusing, the whole thread was started on the fact of finding an allie that you are not allied with, and surely there is nothing wrong with that??? or is that not right to get allies to fight against EoD?

DeletedUser

as for the
ps.

I do not blame him, and as stated I never expected to win, it would be a mission impossible, you are a good alliance, and defending all the time does become very boring, I even messaged one of your many allies (did not realise at the time) if they would take one of our smaller players in as he was not ready for a slaughter.

was that polite :)

DeletedUser29916

I have to disagree with this, I knew you had plans for a mission on Wed, however not sure if it was us or someone else, I have the message, so the question is if not us who? (not that I expect you to answer)
- We have constantly been at war with alliance and running these ops weekly or 2-weekly... check who we took cities from last week and perhaps you'll figure it out.

Agree, however is this because you have so many pacts and can live at relative safety, picking who to attack next, 1 by 1? however an exceedingly good tactic

- I do believe we have been at war pretty much constantly... not our fault we don't lose cities :)

In our last war I lost a city on the 2nd attempt,
the player that took it sent a colony from a city on the same island, I defeated it and cleared all his light ships and troops
1hour 30 minutes later the same city launched another colony consisting of 45 light ships and 400 troops, I would guess gold was spent there, the city was taken,

I have to say, there is nothing wrong with spending gold, if you have earned it, spend it on what ever you want, this game is as good if not better than going out and spending your money urinating up a wall (not my preferred choice though)

- Quick math: 45 LS + 400 slingers +1 CS = 1030 pop --> sounds to me like his other wave was out of town and returned whereafter he hit you... 2.5K average free pop in a city would make this very possible, would seem to me pretty impossibl even with gold to recreate a nuke like that in 1 hour...

I do think you are right it was a war that was going to happen, as we are not really yes men,

trolling, not sure about this? if you say using a forum for opinions is trolling fair enough.
insulting, please look at my 1st few posts and find 1 insult then look at your leaders 1st 2 posts, please remove your rose tinted glasses.
finding allies now this one I really again find highly amusing, the whole thread was started on the fact of finding an allie that you are not allied with, and surely there is nothing wrong with that??? or is that not right to get allies to fight against EoD?

- It's very understanding you want to find allies to help you against EOD... all I implied was that you're not doing a good job at it.
vas for the
ps.

I do not blame him, and as stated I never expected to win, it would be a mission impossible, you are a good alliance, and defending all the time does become very boring, I even messaged one of your many allies (did not realise at the time) if they would take one of our smaller players in as he was not ready for a slaughter.

was that polite :)

Very polite. :)

DeletedUser

- We have constantly been at war with alliance and running these ops weekly or 2-weekly... check who we took cities from last week and perhaps you'll figure it out.

I have prior to yesterday you was alliance swapping besides a couple from Maelstrom

- I do believe we have been at war pretty much constantly... not our fault we don't lose cities :)

think you need to check your own stats, there has been no massive swing of cities (well until the last 24 hours) in about 3 weeks the odd mission on Langs

- Quick math: 45 LS + 400 slingers +1 CS = 1030 pop --> sounds to me like his other wave was out of town and returned whereafter he hit you... 2.5K average free pop in a city would make this very possible, would seem to me pretty impossibl even with gold to recreate a nuke like that in 1 hour...

however that is 2x that as he sent the 1st colony from there on the 1st attempt with similar ship/troop numbers, I would willingly send you the reports in game, and it easy with everyone sending resources to you.
today, I have a colony a cheeky colony inbound from a city I cleared of attack troops yesterday, looking forward to seeing what is in it, I am guessing a big nuke

- It's very understanding you want to find allies to help you against EOD... all I implied was that you're not doing a good job at it.

Not sure how else to do it, messaged all the alliances in striking distance of you, all said they are allied so came on here and asked rather than carrying on messaging, it gets very frustrating being declined all the time, even when you put up a good debate

Very polite. :)

thank you, I do try just some times when I get called a coward etc I get a bit emotional, as surely a game can not really be grounds for if you are a coward or not

DeletedUser29916

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en42/alliance_achievements/colonizewin?days=28
Atleast EOD conquered #2 most cities in the past 28 days, if that doesn't come with war then something is up with the people losing those cities.

Me personally have gotten my kicked in this game before.. there are ways to make it a struggle, regroup, counter attack, reorganise... work with what you have it's not like EOD can destroy you overnight (they don't have the city slots probably) so why don't you get to warring?

I'm pretty sure yesterday some EOD towns got put in revolt if you were organised enough you would've conquered atleast 1 or 2 of those towns, instead you've been wasting your time trying to find allies. Furthermore here is a link to the alliance rankins: http://www.grepostats.com/world/en42/rankings/alliances I'm sure you must be able to find someone who will help you out... if not then it must be you doing something wrong again mate.

If I remember correctly when I was in ROD and you were leading 13th thing diden't go aswell either. Seems like since we split ways you've been postponing the inevidable: 13th getting eaten due to lack of organisation/leadership/activity/allies/... mainly just what we call Grepo Skillz. lol

I wish you good luck.

DeletedUser

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en42/alliance_achievements/colonizewin?days=28
Atleast EOD conquered #2 most cities in the past 28 days, if that doesn't come with war then something is up with the people losing those cities.

Me personally have gotten my kicked in this game before.. there are ways to make it a struggle, regroup, counter attack, reorganise... work with what you have it's not like EOD can destroy you overnight (they don't have the city slots probably) so why don't you get to warring?

you should not really go off them stats, that is not telling you who you are hitting
http://http://www.grepostats.com/world/en42/alliance/63/colonizations

or another option would be disband and join :)

I'm pretty sure yesterday some EOD towns got put in revolt if you were organised enough you would've conquered atleast 1 or 2 of those towns, instead you've been wasting your time trying to find allies. Furthermore here is a link to the alliance rankins: http://www.grepostats.com/world/en42/rankings/alliances I'm sure you must be able to find someone who will help you out... if not then it must be you doing something wrong again mate.

Yes I got one in revolt but then looked at it and found close to 900 Birmes in there,
you have to think we have 161 cities against 600+ and of them about 35 are in VM

If I remember correctly when I was in ROD and you were leading 13th thing diden't go aswell either. Seems like since we split ways you've been postponing the inevidable: 13th getting eaten due to lack of organisation/leadership/activity/allies/... mainly just what we call Grepo Skillz. lol

I wish you good luck.

This I can not argue with, possibly on all accounts, I will never be ripping up trees in Grepolis,
but it does not stop me trying, moaning :) and there is always a new world

good luck to you to

DeletedUser16679

lol cant post your quote from person asking you to join Chilluminati with these forums, but ill reply anyway

Lol might be top fighter, but boy i wouldn't want to play with him. That def not a team player,

DeletedUser

And he did loose after all that. And Avera has gone on to prove he can't be trusted, Maelstrom would vouch for that. At least Graeme would be happy to know that EoD has a fight on its hands.

DeletedUser20547

:(I'm always the bad guy:p

I am not about to explain the whole story to you because well let's be real, you will believe what you want to believe. I will only say the following: Maelstrom can't vouch for anything. Why? Because I had an arrangement with them that only few knew. The arrangement came to an end and that was that..as for other things you may have heard, pfffffff....every story has a side. The losers are always the ones complaining about "I trusted you" " you lied" " you back stabbed me" "wa wa wa" ....so the losers get together and form a coward coalition, which of course they all agree "you lied" " I trusted you" " You back stabbed me" "wa wa wa" a lot of players that complain about not being able to trust me and blah blah blah.....listen, this is a war game plain and simple....if you want to sit and sim your way through go right ahead, its not us. Pacts were made and pacts were broken, war's were waged, its what is supposed to happen. Ample time was always given.....just because a leader was not active enough to open the letter in a timely matter and notify his players of a broken pact is not my problem. Just because some players were not able to see that the green flags have been brown for over 24 hours is not my problem. What am I supposed to do...sit for a week and wait until the leader finally decides to log in and respond? pffffffff. If you want to talk about pact betrayal, ask chaos, they know all about it...after all they are the ones that were silently defending LOD while we were pacted.

DeletedUser

Bro this is not the first world where we were outnumbered and certainly won't be the last. where ever we will be which ever server we go to we will always end up in the top. Why because we know how to play as team. People come here run their mouth how ever they way. Fact remains the same. We will WIN THIS GAME.

DeletedUser32029

We didn't said you lied and all,it's part of your strategy.In grepolis anything can happen.SO be in your toes.We said that you could have done better.
back stabbing means you broke the pact and took a lot of city from us.You ddn't did that.I know you guys was about to do that but fact remain that you haven't attacked mael till that but we have to protect our own interest so we did what we felt right.

DeletedUser

A better question is.. Who's not in the coalition against EoD?