Anythign to Say About This?

DeletedUser345

Zolen:

Guess i am that self-centered.

But those are the facts.

We don't carry dead weight on Pi, every player an active fighter.

And yes, our core of 8 or less held the entirety of StoneCutters territory, 4 ENTIRE oceans. We made you pitiful conglomerates tremble, we crushed MULTIPLE #1's. I forced an alliance LEADER to hand me founder rights to her alliance.

Anyone who has experienced my team first hand knows we are the best.

The haters from past servers are only proof.

Zolen:

I hardly call hitting delete on over 200 cities worth of towns on Beta, defeat.

Any opinion of Zolen's leadership skills? His personality? How good StoneCutters were?

I would like to hear them.

DeletedUser8362

Zolens a bully. He tried to force ml to fight TGSA & The band of the red hand. When we didnt he started war on ml... Then WINNING was formed (members who didnt want to fight ml - llohll's side) and SC crumbled.

DeletedUser12662

He's always amused me. Attempting to debate him on the forums is like bashing your head against a brick wall. Sure, there will eventually be a breakthrough if you keep it up, but is it really worth it?

I don't know if it was the brain damage, or the emergency endorphin flood, but I always staggered away laughing.

FWIW, I think he really believes everything he says.

Now for specifics:
1. leadership- leadership is more than taking cities. it's not staging a coup. it's keeping the respect of enough subordinates that you don't find yourself deserted or victim of a coup yourself. it means foresight and patience to protect your underlings not just in the present but in the future. SC hardly exists today. It splintered into WINNING. Zolen no longer plays beta. (leaving by choice is actually a worse display of leadership than by defeat in my opinion) conclusion: leadership abilities minimal.

2: personality- amusing, but the flaw that made him amusing also made him vulnerable. even if he WERE as great as he thought, his lack of self doubt could be used against him.

3: how good were SC? - not as good as the region of phalanx under my command was. I don't have enough info regarding other conflicts to make a wider comparison, but I can say with surety that once phalanx went to war against them, SC always did exactly what I wanted them to do. (okay, not EXACTLY. I didn't plan every micro detail so that would be impossible. but their long term behavior showed no hint they understood the strategy I was using against them. our border had shifted significantly to the advantage of phalanx long before they began complaining that "lack of action" was driving them to quit the world.) And since everyone knows phalanx is horrible, SC must have been GD awful, right?

They could fight, and they knew it. But in the long run, that isn't everything. It's barely more than nothing.

DeletedUser

cmon mr. scott! really? you too buddy? slander everywhere.

how did it feel when i forced Phalanx to hand me founder rights? nervous a bit?

DeletedUser12662

and I get a bite!

Yeah, to be honest. And in hindsight my nervousness probably should have been greater. I hadn't quite figured out just what an elemental you were, and I wasn't paying nearly as much attention as I should have been. I tend to ignore such happenings at times. But at the time (assuming I'm thinking of the right event), there should have been no hint that phalanx wouldn't go along with whatever SC wanted. I think this predated even my own issues. So, expecting rational behavior, there was no reason to predict any great danger.

You certainly had an ability to get into situations where you could do some damage. But that's not one of the things achilles asked about. A leadership trait? Indirectly a best. A personality trait? Only by a stretch. A hint of SC skill? Possibly, but it wasn't employed in a way that interfered with events within my own realm of experience, so I can't use it.

Amusing, but flawed. Powerful, but not a leader. Good, but not quite as good as myself. Sorry, buddy. My judgment still stands.

I like your style, though. You remind me of a young me, not much younger mind you... perhaps even a couple years older.

DeletedUser

Whos gonna win?
Place your bets!

ITS MR BULLY ---VERSUS--- THE FREAK!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Zolen was a push over really. So fun winding him up on Skype. I just played dumb about things and that would get him going on a rant while the rest of us had a chuckle.

Zolen has two traits that are similar to Cartman on South Park, one is his inflated feeling of self importance which leads him to believe he is the best and whatever someone says against that is wrong for this reason or that and I'll let you guys decide on the other ;)

DeletedUser

Zolen didn't get founder rights, he got leader rights...and Llohll got them for him - he didn't do it himself :)

Ray of sunshine show him truth, but he'll never admit it and continue to brag about failures as success :)

DeletedUser13405

And since everyone knows phalanx is horrible, SC must have been GD awful, right?

Not to veer off topic, but methinks there is a bit of a rope-a-dope there. Phalanx is definately doing something right, IMHO.

DeletedUser

Not to veer off topic, but methinks there is a bit of a rope-a-dope there. Phalanx is definately doing something right, IMHO.
I second that.

Back on topic: I respected SC for a short while. Soon their ways were uncovered. I respected the fact that they actually had good players. Their leadership was good internally (obviously. They lasted so long) and their players were loyal. But Zolen himself isn't on those lists. His actions have been proven dirty and underhanded. No doubt they are effective, but just as a dictatorship can be, it is not respected. For that I view Zolen as a good player with bad values.

Incubi are doing well in Pi. I respect that, but tbh they aren't run like SC. Same players, new style. So this is a bit self-centered/pig-headed.

DeletedUser

Well I will chime in:

1. Who really cares about Zolen and how he played his game? I dealt with him once on skype and my perception was that he was so crude and annoying that I actually left a joint skype room just not to hear his annoying ranting;

2. Leadership abilities I would agree with Sceeth.

3. It is now hard to gauge Zolen and there are no grepo stats of his game in Beta. I will say his ability couldn't have been memorable as he was quickly forgotten lol.

4. Basically he was a bully with a big mouth. Too bad he wasn't in any ocean that had anyone that had game skills to actually challenge.

5. Bye Zolen hopefully after this forum thread none of us will ever hear of your game name ever again.

Lugosi

Strategos
I liked his choice of scripts :3

I also like -Achilles- spelling of "Anythign" in the thread title lol ;3

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Zolen is, and always will be a tool!

such a bully, and loud mouth but really he never once attacked me, or any member of ML while the war was going on.. he waited for us!

also it is a well known fact him and the rest of his crew all used some kind of scripted that allows him to know about incoming attacks to his cell phone, among many other scripts, I am sure they are still using it on Pi.

DeletedUser

yawn.

You were an ocean away from me. At speed 1 you were what... 12+ hours by ls? And completely out of cs range...

Last time i checked all the scripts i use are legal, except for one that is now being put up for approval. Perhaps you should check out this and improve the quality of your play.

Otherwise keep making excuses why we were badasses :)

Thanks for your support Devyn.

DeletedUser

Zolen!?

This thread has yet to have heard from anyone else who was in SC leadership as far as i'm aware. Way back in the day before i moved to Phalanx, i worked with llohl as a diplomat for SC.

SC's original (or near original as i was not there at the start) leadership layout encouraged aggression but not to the extent SC later went too. Bastan (anyone remember him?) Was a far more moderate leader who was focused on organization. llohl only grew more aggressive later if i remember right as she worked great with Bast. Then there where the war hawks who one was Zolen.

Right as SC's war with DJ started Bastan vanished which led to alot of internal chaos. DJ looked like they might sweep through SC territory but SC's core (which i wasn't part of) managed to hold together and drove them back. This led to a great unbalance in what Bast had set up in leadership with the more aggressive leaders gained control, Zolen was one of those.

I think Zolen made an excellent leader if he had someone to help balance his aggressiveness. SC's close minded leadership style kinda led to a purging of people who were not liked and SC lost touch with reality abit (I was out of the alliance then so i'm not as sure, but the way they were going it makes sense.) What ended up happening was a core that was overly aggressive and strong but not strong enough to match its ego and so something had to give, and that was alot of them quitting.

DeletedUser

dear Zolen,

Forbidden Scripts
GrepoAlarm - play sounds when attack is coming, or your troops are attacking someone/coming back.

since you have been using this script far longer then its been up for approvel that should get you Banned. its really that simple...
and I do not use these as it would maybe improve my "game play" but I would prefer to do it on my own.

12hours away for a CS shouldnt be anything to the master of war such as yourself..

in fact it never stopped Krustard from sending them..