AP.- Daily News

DeletedUser54850

I find it amusing that you mock us (Heavenly Myrmidons) for being so small, yet we have stood bravely against you despite being 10 times smaller than your alliance. We are also disappointed that it took you guys weeks to take one of Grtsia e Makedonski's cities despite it being surrounded by Thermo cities. :)

DeletedUser54775

I find it amusing that you mock us (Heavenly Myrmidons) for being so small, yet we have stood bravely against you despite being 10 times smaller than your alliance. We are also disappointed that it took you guys weeks to take one of Grtsia e Makedonski's cities despite it being surrounded by Thermo cities. :)
It is a matter of priorities, free spots, and strategic outcomes. For example, right now we have so many options and so many cities revolted that it is diffiicult to decide which one to take. Eventually, the ones that we really want are the ones that fall.

DeletedUser54775

You missed my point. It was not something that had already happened, but it was something that would be easily the most predictable move for you guys. You didn't need all those HEROES and REPO players for WW what with all your cities, and you couldn't fit them all in your alliance. So a backstab would be the most likely conclusion, but only once you'd hobbled the southern alliances.
I really do not think that this would have been the case. There are ways to give many people a crown. This was my understanding. HEROES were considered true brothers and were going to be rewarded (at least all the ones that were active and supportive). One of the major backstabbings in the history of this game from what the worlds that I have followed.

DeletedUser54775

How can REPO backstab you by supporting Imperium when you had taken 2 cities off of REPO before this incident? You can't criticise them for breaking an agreement that you yourself are failing to honour.
The support of Repo to Imperium happened before the break of the pact. Some players were sending support. The evidence suggest that they might have been even sharing defensive tabs.

DeletedUser54192

Futbol, I know it is still possible to give someone a crown. But there are a few things that aren't really factored into this sort of statement:

- Not everyone is keen on some second-hand crown. Because it is highly possible that they will help the first team get the crown, and then a bunch of the first team will just hit VM or go inactive, and not bother to help the rest of the group of alliances get the crown. I've seen it happen on Nagidos - as soon as This Is Not An Extortion got the crown, a bunch of their players, including their top player (I think) hit VM or went inactive. Their top player came back after a bit, but other players remained inactive. I don't want some essay about how your teammates are fanatically loyal to each other and their allies and would never do such a thing - I have no doubt that a fair few of them would stick around. But I bet that there will be who would have taken the help from HEROES and REPO, and then just walked away the moment they got that glittery golden crown on their profile.

- So far as I know (and I did ask a couple of more experienced players), the Victor of the World award, i.e. the award for the first team to build 4 wonders, is just that. For the first team. Yes, you could in theory have passed everyone the crown, but I don't believe that you could have given everyone the Victor of the World award. And while a crown is nice and shiny, that Victor award is rather precious as well, because it shows you were the original winners of that world.

- The debates over who is in the primary alliance. Who gets to be in that main team? I bet that not everyone in Thermo would be above everyone in REPO/HEROES. And that means that you get the dilemmas - do you swap players around, including swapping out players who have been with you for a while? Or do you just keep it to the players currently in your team for the first set, and look like you are playing favourites and ignoring any players in HEROES/REPO who, in terms of size/skill, would deserve to be in that main team.

I'd also like to comment on you calling this one of the major backstabbings in the history of this game. I'm not sure what servers you have been watching, but what you call a backstabbing here really doesn't match up to some of the other events I've seen, and this is coming from someone who has only really started playing properly last October (had a little stint back in 2013-2014 for a few months, but I don't remember much). From what I can see, you guys dissolved your pact with REPO, and players from both sides started attacking earlier (I don't know who started it, but neither set of players would be in the right). That's 1 ally turned on, so that is obviously going to be signalling to HEROES that you are looking for more fights. The next thought would be whether they would be next. So really, you could say that Thermo terminating its pact with REPO (even if it was the case that REPO were also in favour, which again I don't know), is what caused HEROES to dissolve its own pact with you.

So, let's look at some of the pretty severe backstabs that I feel are much more serious than the dissolution of the pact between HEROES and Thermo:

1) HEROES + Mallorean Empire (en94 Mesembria).
- Call me biased if you want, as I was involved. But look at the facts: Neily fully agreed to an NAP, and early on he wanted us to become their academy. This was delayed due to issues in the politics in O64, but HEROES did not say anything about a termination of relations. There were a few refugee issues, at least one of which was pretty contrived to say the least. And suddenly Neily turns us red with zero warning, and starts a full scale war on us with a whole load of cities under attack within 3-4 hours. Apparently it was a spontaneous decision, but given the speed with which everything happened, it's my belief that Neily (possibly alone) had been planning to ditch the pact with us for a while. So it went from somewhere between an NAP and a pact, that several HEROES players were anticipating would end in us becoming an academy, to instant heavy attacks, with absolutely no warning.

2) This Is Not A Drill + Bloods (en95 Nagidos).
- Controversial as to whether this was a backstab move, but so is your claim, to be honest. After a very long-running friendly relationship and NAP between Bloods and TINAD, which actually helped TINAD/Extortion to win the crown because Bloods stayed almost completely out of WW as part of their respect for the NAP and friendly relations, TINAD declares war less than 2 weeks after obtaining the crown. They gave their long-standing friends and allies just 24 hours before TINAD would attack en-masse. Yes, TINAD declared war on a lot of people after WWs, but to only give 24 hours notice to a team that you have been NAP'd with for a huge chunk of the server, and that were not provoked into such an action by Bloods (unless you count one player who attacked TINAD, ran back to Bloods, and for whom the refugee rule was honoured by Bloods), to sort out defending against them, is ridiculous.

3) Black Dawn + Noobs (en97 Pagasae)
- Black Dawn and Noobs were working together to help clear out one of the bigger teams from an ocean. It was pretty obvious that eventually there would be a war between us, but given the co-operation, to have Black Dawn announce their intentions by just attacking us, is a bit of a backstab. (There certainly wasn't a grace period before the war started).

4) The Langolier Ones and Lords of the Rim (en95 Nagidos)
- Same as example 2, I wasn't in either of these alliances. So I don't know the minute details. But what I do know is that TLO turned on their LOTR allies while the LOTR founder was in VM, and that this was suspected by a fair few people to be done in order to take advantage of said founder being in VM.

5) Mayhem/IA + ITM (en94 Mesembria) ??
Now, this isn't about the dissolution of the pact. That was talked about by both sides long in advance and there was a large grace period. What I am talking about was the move on The Exiles. From what I have read here and heard in-game, the plan was that ITM, IA and Mayhem would all attack The Exiles together just to try and wipe them out (part of a long vendetta due to an Exiles player trying to get Mayhem to help them betray ITM). Yet from what I saw, very shortly after the first ITM attacks on Exiles, Mayhem/IA suddenly took in a bunch of players from Exiles, which definitely isn't what they had told ITM they would do.

I'm sure I could think of more. A self-serving group of players within an en95 alliance I was in split off and formed their own alliance all over our territory. And then we conducted a merge with another nearby alliance, and one of the two founders of that other alliance, after taking a bunch of handovers to come to our core and help us with our wars as promised, split off and joined the earlier group of betrayers and brought some players with him and attempted to bully even more of his ex-members into following him. That was a smaller scale event, and I am sure there were many others like it. Here on en94, Flying Myth Units merged into Enigma, the enemy that they had sworn to help Drunks fight against. One of their leaders even bragged about that betrayal.

In virtually all of those cases, an alliance (or alliances) have broken some sort of agreement with another alliance, with basically no warning (1 day isn't much of a warning for a fully developed 3/3 server to restructure their defence, etc, as I believe Bloods were probably going to go back to fighting the other alliances they had already been fighting against, after WW was complete. And this is only from a few servers, let alone all the older servers. So really, HEROES dissolving their pact with you after you already ditched a pact with your other ally, and some of your players then attacked REPO early, isn't much of a backstab. If you are willing to turn on your pacts and can't keep your own players from breaking the war deal that you made with REPO, then why should HEROES blindly follow you around? I think these changes have definitely brought new life to the world, which is something we needed. But Thermo made the first big move here, in terms of ditching the pact with REPO officially, so you can hardly complain when that yields negative consequences for you.

DeletedUser54192

The support of Repo to Imperium happened before the break of the pact. Some players were sending support. The evidence suggest that they might have been even sharing defensive tabs.
I'd love to see the evidence for these claims. The shared forum one would be interesting especially for two reasons: I'm an Atlantis leader and this would have probably gone through the shared council tab we had with them as they have been very keen on keeping all the diplomacy aligned, and the other reason is because the only way you could have evidence of a shared forum if there was one, is if Thermopylae have spies in REPO and/or Imperium. :eek:

DeletedUser54850

Yeah but you committed to the attacks quite seriously and were sending dozens a day with the city being revolted many times, yet you were unable to take it for about 6 weeks.

Also, please don't dodge the question, why are you mocking Heavenly myrmidons when you struggle to fight us?

DeletedUser54775

As you get more experience, you will realize that sometimes taken a city right away is not the only tactical and strategic objective. Eventually the city is taken but the process matters (BP, distracting the opponent, etc). The point is that the city is eventually taken.
I do not think that we are mocking you.

DeletedUser54775

I just can share with you that the decision of Heroes felt like a MAJOR betrayal for the rank and file in Thermo after all that we have done for them. They had even cities in our core and key islands. They were brothers to us after all the battles and having them in our core.

DeletedUser54850

when you said 'Haha they even decided they wanted heavenly to help' I felt this was put here to mock us as if we are some tiny pipsqueak alliance that no one takes seriously.

DeletedUser54775

Dear Ares,
-I do not make those comments. I simply report what some of the rank and file have expressed. I can see what they might have this opinion. Your alliance is ranked 8th according to the oracles and shown some recent losses.

DeletedUser54775

Oh well, you will have to live with the longing and desire to see the evidence. Not that we are going to show it and explain how information is deducted and inferred to our beloved enemies.

DeletedUser54192

That sounds an awful lot like "we aren't silly enough to tell you who our spy is or admit that we have one". :p

DeletedUser54775

That sounds an awful lot like "we aren't silly enough to tell you who our spy is or admit that we have one". :p
There are intelligent and experience people in the leadership of Thermo who can deduct what is going on with the other alliances. There is a reason why they have led us to the top.

DeletedUser54192

Dear Ares,
-I do not make those comments. I simply report what some of the rank and file have expressed. I can see what they might have this opinion. Your alliance is ranked 8th according to the oracles and shown some recent losses.
You do know that Oracle of Zancle has been broken for weeks?

DeletedUser54775

The Mallorean and Myrmidons are 7th or 8th alliance give or take regardless of the oracle, in game ranking, or any other source.
Essentially non significant alliances in this world. I am sorry guys. It is just the way it is. These two alliances are a bunch of players with only a few cities. They are more left overs of MRA than anything else.

DeletedUser54775

AP. Reports of heavy fighting in the northern city have lately become sporadic. An indication that cities and commanders are in the stages of reorganizing and re-supplying troops.

Thermopylae is not halting its efforts to bring peace and liberty to this world, as it furthers continues its liberation campaign on cities that are still under the rule of the Atlanteans. Many cities have been taken in the last few days.

With the blessings of the Gods, Thermopylae seems to be successful in the objective of pushing the barbarians back to the rim where they belong.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54192

Essentially non significant alliances in this world.
The fact that you view other Top 12 alliances as insignificant is rather arrogant, to be honest. Not to mention silly, as both those alliances are part of alliance families.

Also, if we are insignificant, then you aren't allowed to complain about us all fighting you, because apparently we don't matter.

Please, pick a point of view and stick to it, rather than constantly manipulating events and statistics in different ways to suit your own ends. You are fooling no-one.

DeletedUser54850

Nothing personal Kai. It is just the way it is. The Mallorean, Myrmidons and the like are simply small tribes in the outskirt of this world waiting to be enslaved and raided. About half of the members do not have more than five cities.
You can keep growing those villages, but we will come for them if we need them.

So then...

1. You view yourself superior to us and The Malloreans because you are much bigger than us (getting as big as you requires extreme devotion to the game and lots of real money spent on gold, something we don't want to do.) this is because most, if not all of us in HM play for fun and are free to play.

2. You state we are waiting to be 'enslaved' by you. I find this both offensive and disgusting that you compare us slaves in waiting just because we dare stand up to you and your sheer size.

3.Just because half the players don't have over 5 cities doesn't mean we are a bad alliance. Sure we have a few 'newbs' in the alliance who we happily take in so we can teach them the ropes of the game, but we make up for that with some very good players in our alliance who punch way above their weight. This also annoys me because you are offending us because we are small, once again this links back to point one. You are bigger than us because most of your members put in obscene amounts of gold and time into the game, whilst we are mostly ftp casual players wanting to have fun.

Also, who are we meant to be in the video? I'm assuming we are the ones being raided and enslaved because as you stated just above that it is our fate, however, I'm not completely sure because it does you no favors when you are portraying yourselves as uncivilized savages who pillage and enslave those who are innocent.

Last edited by a moderator: