AP.- Daily News

DeletedUser54775

So then...

1. You view yourself superior to us and The Malloreans because you are much bigger than us (getting as big as you requires extreme devotion to the game and lots of real money spent on gold, something we don't want to do.) this is because most, if not all of us in HM play for fun and are free to play.

2. You state we are waiting to be 'enslaved' by you. I find this both offensive and disgusting that you compare us slaves in waiting just because we dare stand up to you and your sheer size.

3.Just because half the players don't have over 5 cities doesn't mean we are a bad alliance. Sure we have a few 'newbs' in the alliance who we happily take in so we can teach them the ropes of the game, but we make up for that with some very good players in our alliance who punch way above their weight. This also annoys me because you are offending us because we are small, once again this links back to point one. You are bigger than us because most of your members put in obscene amounts of gold and time into the game, whilst we are mostly ftp casual players wanting to have fun.

Also, who are we meant to be in the video? I'm assuming we are the ones being raided and enslaved because as you stated just above that it is our fate, however, I'm not completely sure because it does you no favors when you are portraying yourselves as uncivilized savages who pillage and enslave those who are innocent.
Dude, come on, put some perspective. You have only 7 cities and three of them are under 2K, and only one is a decent size. All of them are in the RIIM. I am glad that you are playing this game, but your alliance is inconsequential in the battle for the dominance of this world.

DeletedUser54192

Nothing personal Kai. It is just the way it is. The Mallorean, Myrmidons and the like are simply small tribes in the outskirt of this world waiting to be enslaved and raided. About half of the members do not have more than five cities.
You can keep growing those villages, but we will come for them if we need them.
You know what I say to someone who acts like this? Come for us. That's right. Come for us and back up your arrogant claim. I've been fighting a team that was larger and more experienced than my own non-stop from November all the way up until the formation of this coalition, and I was never enslaved by them. Those who have played with me or against me know how I like to play - I never claim to have great skill, but good luck making me give up on myself or my team.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54775

You know what I say to someone who acts like this? Come for us. That's right. Come for us and back up your arrogant claim. I've been fighting a team that was larger and more experienced than my own non-stop from November all the way up until the formation of this coalition, and I was never enslaved by them. Those who have played with me or against me know how I like to play - I never claim to have great skill, but good luck making me give up on myself or my team.
Why am I going to go for targets that do not have any relevance?

DeletedUser54192

Why am I going to go for targets that do not have any relevance?
Futbol, don't make claims that you are not prepared to back up in-game. You are claiming that you could take our cities because we are small and inconsequential. Yet as soon as I suggest that you prove that you can take some cities, you come up with an excuse not to try.

I just looked you up in-game. Ranked 6th for points, yet for a supposedly great player in a great team, a comparatively poor BP ranking. 115th in fighters, 116th in attackers, 91st in defenders. That's a hugely impressive set of stats, really. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54835

Futbol as a council member for REPO I can say there was never a conversation about supporting our then-enemy while in a pact with you all. As a Alliance our message was to stay loyal to our pacts. There could have been rouges but that would not have been tolerated if we knew.

DeletedUser54850

Dude, come on, put some perspective. You have only 7 cities and three of them are under 2K, and only one is a decent size. All of them are in the RIIM. I am glad that you are playing this game, but your alliance is inconsequential in the battle for the dominance of this world.

I know I am small, as I said earlier, this is because I play the game casually for fun, also, I feel our alliance is important in the war for dominance, we are after all the 7th biggest alliance, and fight very well and bravely. I mean, c'mon, we have 2 entire islands in your core.

DeletedUser54775

Dude, please relax. You can not have your cake and it too. If you play casually for fun and do not not put time and thought into the game and are as a consequence small, then you are not relevant on this world. I do not know if you are around grepolis much but a 7th biggest alliance in a world usually means and alliance of losers.

DeletedUser54192

Dude, please relax. You can not have your cake and it too. If you play casually for fun and do not not put time and thought into the game and are as a consequence small, then you are not relevant on this world. I do not know if you are around grepolis much but a 7th biggest alliance in a world usually means and alliance of losers.
Futbol, why don't you stop being so arrogant? You're in the Top 10 for points, but you aren't even in the Top 100 for BP. That sort of raises the question of what you are doing with all those city points? A smaller player who is willing to fight against the odds is always more relevant than a big player who doesn't do that much to actually fight for his team compared to his size.

Just because you haven't fought people doesn't make them irrelevant. If we were irrelevant, we wouldn't have been included in the team. Just ask HEROES, who have fought against me and my teammates - we might not have as many vets or heavy gold-users, we might not be victorious all the time, but we aren't irrelevant.

DeletedUser23786

Futbol as a council member for REPO I can say there was never a conversation about supporting our then-enemy while in a pact with you all. As a Alliance our message was to stay loyal to our pacts. There could have been rouges but that would not have been tolerated if we knew.

I believe that mate.

DeletedUser54850

The seventh biggest alliance CAN be relevant and successful, take the 7th alliance on the world Rhodes, called the wolf pack, they are a powerhouse in the south and a force to be reckoned with. I would hardly call them losers because they are not number 1. The same can be said for HM.

DeletedUser54775

I really wish that I could believe you guys.... but for me it is clear that there was support given and most importantly there was desire and intent to support Imperium right away or before the pact ends. Either way, after this it is clear that REPO and HERO are not trustworthy alliances.

DeletedUser54835

I really wish that I could believe you guys.... but for me it is clear that there was support given and most importantly there was desire and intent to support Imperium right away or before the pact ends. Either way, after this it is clear that REPO and HERO are not trustworthy alliances.
Mate please listen to Simple. Our alliance was loyal until the break and that is without a doubt true. There was talk of support after word was spread the pact was broken but no contact or support before, at least none the leaders knew of. I'm not here to fight you on this I just want you to know the truth.

DeletedUser54775

Mate please listen to Simple. Our alliance was loyal until the break and that is without a doubt true. There was talk of support after word was spread the pact was broken but no contact or support before, at least none the leaders knew of. I'm not here to fight you on this I just want you to know the truth.
I also you to know the truth that there was without doubt support been sent from REPO to imperium cities. Perhaps it is true that you were not aware, perhaps you are pretending, perhaps they were hiding it...but we know that there was support. I have seen the reports and loads of birs were been sent.

DeletedUser54192

Futbol appears to have a set of fixed beliefs about the events and factions in this game, and no amount of logical debate is going to persuade him that things aren't as he chooses to believe they are.

Mesembria according to Futbol:
- Anyone not in the top couple of alliances or who isn't a huge player is just not relevant.
- Thermopylae is the only alliance that is good or trustworthy.
- Thermopylae is at the top due to their leadership (which just so happens to include himself).

The reality about Mesembria:
- You can be relevant without being a huge player. You don't have to be a huge player to lead an alliance, nor do you have to be huge to stall enemies. And all that size is useless anyways if you won't fight on a comparable scale to your points level.
- Thermopylae have already been trying to poach players from several alliances, including poaching a HEROES player, YellowHold. If you go around sneakily recruiting players from under other leader's noses, then don't try pretending to be the white knights of the server.
- Thermopylae is a cherry-pick of the biggest players from Mayhem/IA. That is not to say that their leadership isn't good. But it would have to be a pretty bad leadership to actually sink an alliance made up of a load of the biggest players on the server, many of whom are vets and/or at least moderate gold-users.

DeletedUser54775

Futbol appears to have a set of fixed beliefs about the events and factions in this game, and no amount of logical debate is going to persuade him that things aren't as he chooses to believe they are.

Mesembria according to Futbol:
- Anyone not in the top couple of alliances or who isn't a huge player is just not relevant.
- Thermopylae is the only alliance that is good or trustworthy.
- Thermopylae is at the top due to their leadership (which just so happens to include himself).

The reality about Mesembria:
- You can be relevant without being a huge player. You don't have to be a huge player to lead an alliance, nor do you have to be huge to stall enemies. And all that size is useless anyways if you won't fight on a comparable scale to your points level.
- Thermopylae have already been trying to poach players from several alliances, including poaching a HEROES player, YellowHold. If you go around sneakily recruiting players from under other leader's noses, then don't try pretending to be the white knights of the server.
- Thermopylae is a cherry-pick of the biggest players from Mayhem/IA. That is not to say that their leadership isn't good. But it would have to be a pretty bad leadership to actually sink an alliance made up of a load of the biggest players on the server, many of whom are vets and/or at least moderate gold-users.
Whao!
You guys have a distorted sense of reality.
I am not a leader of Thermopylae. I am simply a humble warrior and servant of the alliance. We have great leadership. I am not part of it, but I am lucky to be under their guidance and direction.

DeletedUser54192

Okay, got that bit wrong on the leadership. I misread something, although given the amount of biased propaganda that you are spouting, it's understandable to slip up.

Distorted sense of reality? You do realise that I am stating facts, right?
- Thermopylae has been trying to poach players from multiple alliances, including a player from HEROES. Check the alliance history of YellowHold if you don't believe me.
- Thermopylae was basically made up of the biggest and most active Mayhem players - so it is technically a cherry-pick from Mayhem.
- You call players like myself 'irrelevant'. It implies that you just don't pay attention to this world. I've been a leader on one side of quite possibly the longest major war in the history of this server, a war which impacted the development of a load of the eastern oceans directly, plus any indirect impacts on world politics. Please explain how that is irrelevant?

DeletedUser54835

I also you to know the truth that there was without doubt support been sent from REPO to imperium cities. Perhaps it is true that you were not aware, perhaps you are pretending, perhaps they were hiding it...but we know that there was support. I have seen the reports and loads of birs were been sent.
If we had known I promise you that player would have been kicked/eaten. And I give you my word there was no communication between alliances. We keep our honor here, we wouldn't have backstabbed you as an alliance (rouges not included)

DeletedUser23786

I think the point initially made was that Repo were sending support to Imperium. I genuinely believe the leadership were not aware of it as I spent the time in REPO and fully believe they didn't collude with them.

This being said a war has brought this server alive again which we can all be thankful for as having the top 3 alliances working together was leading to a 1 sided war.

Personally I didn't want to go to war with REPO as I have good friends there who I trust but at the same time it was a decision made which I now stand behind. We have worked hard to build up the alliance into the force it is today. We've kicked a lot of the players who haven't contributed in 1 way or another etc.

Like a lot of alliances we have golders but we've also fought a lot aswell. I for one haven't used gold in over 6 months as you'll know Kal but I do believe we have a strong leadership which helped structure the alliance, mainly Jim, Algarvian, Del and Criki who have put a lot of time and effort into getting players to be more effective and working as a team.

We've also not failed like an MRA because we aren't one. I'm sure like any alliance we've made bad decisions along the way but only now has the server kicked in to life and for this I think we can all be thankful

DeletedUser54192

@Simple977. I agree with you on this. :)

And you can still be friends on opposite sides of a war. I have had friendly chats and got on well with some of the players in HEROES, despite the fact that I have been rather bitter about them as an alliance, at times, due to the behaviour of their old diplomat.

This war is definitely breathing new life into the server. 100% agree on that, and it was the kickstart needed to keep players' interest in this server.

True. I wouldn't call you all golders, nor was that my intention in my previous post. I would however say that it is fair to assume that Thermopylae has a higher proportion of moderate-to-heavy gold users than alliances such as Atlantis Mallorean. Nor would I say that your leadership had no factor in the success of Thermopylae. But I am saying that Futbol is perhaps exaggerating the superiority of his leadership a little too much. It might not be easy to do well, but it is pretty hard to screw up an alliance with a lot of veterans and at least a few decent gold-users.

Don't think I ever called you an MRA? I think I just said that you cherry-picked from Mayhem/IA. That's basically the opposite of being an MRA.

My issue with the stuff being said on here is with Futbol's attitude. Saying that players are irrelevant if they aren't in the top 3-5 alliances or have a tonne of big cities, when that's just not true. Comments like that imply a lack of understanding as to how the game works, and in this case, a lack of awareness as to the events of this server.