AP.- Daily News

DeletedUser54192

Perhaps I am mate. At the same time trying to trip and protect 100 cities is a lot harder than a player with 5 10 cities as I'm sure you'll understand. At least with smaller inactives you can trip them and get players to claim them whereas we want him to return to as many cities as possible so pretty sure you'll agree totally different circumstances.
I agree that it is difficult, yes. But we aren't comparing Jim with one other player, but with a lot of smaller players or ghost cities that Futbol so loves to brag about. So it's not such a huge difference as it might seem.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser54903

Simple how come you only intervene when is something like this is said from our part... I know it's impossible to defend but our mate insisted with the same on my behalf so I return the favor. In my opinion, these externals are fictional like unicorns and I will treat them such... if you wish a real conversation like a grown up, try to have civilized conversation whit me thru other canals... If you still don't understand what I am aiming here try to read this "Grimm Brothers fairytales" and be realistic to every post in here...

DeletedUser31385

Please stop discussing bans and players cheating. Both are against the rules. If you ignore this warning, I will close this thread.

DeletedUser31385

Please do not discuss the bans of other users. Doing so is against the rules.

DeletedUser54775

Many events have happened since we were forced to take a break.

The most noteworthy of all is the battle for Jimobobicus cities. The coalition from the periphery lashed a constant attack for several days on 101 cities. Our leaders and commanders organized an epic defence like never seen before. Many of us stayed awake deep into the nights moving forces from city to city.
Of the 101 cities only TWO were captured after all these vicious attacks. One city was immediately recaptured.

The lone city that was lost was captured occurred at the beginning when our alliance was not aware of the temporary departure from our leader.

It is very difficult to defend cities on the dark, but our brave commanders and forces were able to neutralize the hordes of barbarians with determination.

DeletedUser54775

As they say, "numbers do not lie". After more than a month of the entire server joining forces against Thermopylae, their combined efforts have been a complete FAILURE and DISAPPOINTMENT. Thermopylae remains as the number #1 alliance in every major category.
Number 1 in points, number of cities, attack, defence, fighting, and overall growth.

A super job by the leadership and the hard work of the rank and file. There is no doubt that this is the best alliance in the server with the best players.
The rest are simply a footnote in the chapter of this world.

Alliance information
Rank #1 highest: #1
Name Thermopylae
Points 41.867.997
Cities 3222
Attack rank #1 - 23.064.835 Points highest: #1
Defence rank #1 - 12.068.766 Points highest: #1
Fight rank #1 - 35.133.601 Points highest: #1
Conquers 2.160 and losses 180

DeletedUser54192

If the numbers do not lie, I have some interesting numbers to add here.

Top 100 Fighters:
Coalition: 52
Thermopylae: 41

Top 100 Players:
Coalition: 53
Thermopylae: 46

So, in fact, the coalition has more of the best players and the best fighters than Thermopylae does. :)

(Oh, and congratulations for insulting your allies, Heavenly Myrmidons, who are smaller than any member of the coalition.)

DeletedUser54495

Oh no, he's back....

Conquest ratio thermo v coalition?

DeletedUser54775

If the numbers do not lie, I have some interesting numbers to add here.

Top 100 Fighters:
Coalition: 52
Thermopylae: 41

Top 100 Players:
Coalition: 53
Thermopylae: 46

So, in fact, the coalition has more of the best players and the best fighters than Thermopylae does. :)

(Oh, and congratulations for insulting your allies, Heavenly Myrmidons, who are smaller than any member of the coalition.)
...nice try... but ehem.... have you heard of ordinal ranking?
Thermopylae is the number #1 alliance in all the statistics because most of its players are ahead than the ones in the coalition. You guys are lumped at the tail of the distribution.
However the numbers that tell it all are: Conquers 2,160 and losses 180.
And let me tell you most of all those losses are cities in the periphery that we do not care or people that did not come back due to normal attrition.
The coalition has not even conquered a city that really mattered to us in the last month.

DeletedUser54192

I did not deny that you are ranked 1st as an alliance. However the statistics do show that, out of the Top 100 players on this world, you have less than the coalition do. And the same goes for the Top 100 fighters. Also, if you want to look at the Top 5 players of the server, only 1 of them is in Thermopylae: you. And you have by far the worst fighters rank out of the top 5 players.

You know, it would be great if you could stop posting false conquest results. The actual score is as follows:

Thermopylae: 649
Coalition Alliances: 158

Unfortunately you can't set a time limit on the conquest score, so this number is distorted, because a fair number of those Thermopylae conquests were against the Imperials, while Thermopylae were hugging REPO and HEROES tighter than a hot water bottle at the North Pole. If someone ran the calculations for the war scores only during the coalition's time, it would be considerably closer. It probably also helps Thermopylae that they prefer to hunt inactive cities rather than active ones. ;)

And let me tell you most of all those losses are cities in the periphery that we do not care
Excuses. You can call your entire frontline the periphery if you want, but that doesn't mean we have to listen. It's the classic case of sour grapes - "we couldn't keep those cities, so they must not have been worth keeping".

The coalition has not even conquered a city that really mattered to us in the last month.
Again, feeble excuses. Perhaps you would like to tell Delboy, Alerick and Taks that you think their cities don't matter?

DeletedUser54775

Not surprising that the losing side does not want to accept their ongoing defeat.
Conquers 2,160 and losses 180 is the number that tells it all. Our leadership masterfully has defeated militarily and diplomatically the forces of the rim. I can see why you guys are all pissed off as our leaders managed to set up things in a matter that gave us an advantage. If Repo and Heroes leaders were so dumb that they could not forecast the consequences of their actions is not our fault.

We are only going after the cities that matter. This is why we are clustered in the core. The irrelevant cities in the rim can be yours. We just take them once in awhile to toy with you guys and distract you chasing butterflies. It is just perfect...

DeletedUser54192

Futbol, look up the actual war scores between the alliances, and you will see that I am right. This is taken directly from the new intel site, Grepolife.

Screenshot_970.png

So you can see, Thermopylae hasn't even taken 700 cities from the teams that currently make up the coalition over the course of the entire server, let alone the 2160 against the coalition that they claim. And that 650 includes cities taken from Imperials when Thermopylae were receiving support from REPO and HEROES.

Let's see what your leaders actually did:
- Mayhem/IA absorbed the remains of The Exiles, after promising ITM that they would help attack The Exiles.
- Cherry-picked the biggest and most active players from their 3 teams to form Thermopylae, while telling the rest to go away and find somewhere else.
- Continue to hug HEROES and REPO, the 2nd and 3rd teams on the server.

I don't really see anything spectacularly clever there: recruit lots of players, betray an ally, chuck anyone not quite up to your standards, and hug the biggest competitors. Yes, leadership in general isn't easy. But I can't see anything that Thermo leadership have done that is deserving of the acclaim you want us to give them.

Dodging the hard questions as usual. You said you haven't lost any important cities in the last month, but that raises a couple of issues:
- You have already proven the "sour grapes" mindset - anything that you fail at can't have been important or good anyways.
- You don't care about the cities belonging to some of your teammates.

Claiming that losses are "irrelevant" or "unimportant" isn't fooling anyone, Futbol. Anyone who has been even vaguely following events in this world knows that you do nothing on here except for lie and run smear campaigns, and as such you have become somewhat of a joke among the coalition's members.

DeletedUser54495

Kal i think he is talking about Thermo's overall conq win/loss ratio.

And you kinda shooting yourself in the foot here because the stats you show state that you guys have 4.5x more players than Thermo, twice the points, twice the cities....
smiley_emoticons_panik4.gif

Althouugh I still do think by all definition Thermo should be classified as an MRA because it had 300 players and just chose the best ditched the rest

DeletedUser54067

Thermopylae never had 300 players. Mayhem had two alliances with roughly 130-150 players and IA had like 80-100 players. We then merged, take in mind IA was a rim alliance even though we were the third biggest alliance and fourth biggest when you count groups and Mayhem got a ton of members but was only the first and second biggest alliance on paper but was the second biggest coalition thanks to Imperium family. We realized as a bigger alliance ITM was handing it to us, so the top members created an alliance of maybe 50-60 players and started recruiting more and more slowly until the current number. You can't call Mayhem an MRA because I don't think we ever had three alliances.

Now this might be a personal anecdote but when I went on nearly a month of vacation in Thermopylae, we did not control 34, we did not control 35 and our presence in 33 was smaller than it is now. Take in mind as FutbolTango says we are an alliance that is focused on the four core oceans. This was one of the things when I joined Thermo that I was asked to do. Now I come back and we are dominating 34, have a strong grip on 35 (especially in the North) and essentially Control the SE quadrant of 33. When I try to attack some of the REPO players remaining in 34 they are either in vacation or running into vacation because jredge and others didn't let them sleep. Now you can say that Thermo picked the best from the core but don't forget the IA guys and other players who were originally based on the rim or the edge of the rim and fought their way inward. Out of the thirteen players we currently have over 950,000, 7 of them don't come from a core alliance (Includes IA players before the TE merge).

Also a few points

The majority of CQ's on both sides have been inactives but when it comes to REPOS very few of their conquests are from noninactives compared to Thermos conquests against REPO.

Imperium/Carpe Diem as I pointed out in my ancient Top 12s have good players but they can work on fitting everyone into one alliance and cutting the inactives. Their current setup won't help them for WWs.

ATLANTIS- no need for two alliances should be one.

HEROES- best alliance outside of Thermo but they will need to find people to bolster their ranks as players leave the game.

REPO- A ton of their strength is based in "irrelevant" oceans like 52, need to focus on bringing their bigger guns to the fight or else jredge might rim every player they have in their SW half (he likely would already have done it if slots weren't so hard to get by in this slow world).

BTW my views do not represent my alliance views in anyway.

DeletedUser54775

Another great day for Thermopylae

Alliance Points Increase
Thermopylae +73.438
Atlantis Mallorean +22.621
HEROES +13.964
Old battle scars +11.349
Heavenly Myrmidons +10.939

Alliance Points Decrease
Atlantis Imperials -91.789
Imperium -63.966
CARPE DIEM -26.540
Wrong Game -12.683
REPO -6.088

These are typical numbers in a day.
No matter what way you want to slice it. Thermopylae is impressively the #1 alliance in any statistic.
Rank #1highest: #1
Name Thermopylae
Points 41.941.435
Cities 3224
Attack rank #1 - 23.108.601 Pointshighest: #1
Defence rank #1 - 12.078.293 Pointshighest: #1
Fight rank #1 - 35.186.894 Pointshighest: #1
Conquers 2.164 180

The coalition has had more than a month to make an effect. The truth is that they have not done anything. They have been a failure. That is the truth. The numbers do not lie.

DeletedUser54495

I remember mayhem did have three branches. I strongly remember it

Mayhem, I'm telling mayhem, what was the other one? It was after IA merge before thermo

DeletedUser54775

I remember mayhem did have three branches. I strongly remember it

Mayhem, I'm telling mayhem, what was the other one? It was after IA merge before thermo
Thermopylae has become the number #1 alliance thanks the amazing leadership and planning skills of our leaders and the work of our rank and file.
Mayhem was fine, but there were limitations. It has been really an amazing experience. I would have never believed if someone told me back them were we are today with control of 054/055/O45/O54/034/035.

You know guys.... I remember like it was yesterday when they told me that I was likely to lose my cities on 055 and that I should start to move to 054.
Now those cities that were surrounded by red are in an ocean of blue. It has been really hard battles and really hard work.

Our guys have battled hard city by city, island by island. Night after night, day after day. I do have great respect for my fellow peers in the alliance.
It has been like the battle of Stalingrand (the city was won room by room). Here we have been winning those oceans city by city.