Newspaper Apollonia Times First Issue

• Thread starter DeletedUser32355
  • Start date

DeletedUser32355

Apollonia.png
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 7, 2013

On this issue:
Interviews with alliance leaders and players.

Interviews
~Alliances~

RECKLESS RAIDERS
1. How did you came up with the alliance name?
Completely random. I wanted the name to be original and RECKLESS RAIDERS was the first thing I came up with.

2. Is this a pre-made alliance?
Of course it is, but all recruited players were not contacted in the forum.

3. Are there any experience players in your alliance?
Yes. There is an awful lot of experience here.

4. What fighting style will we see from your alliance, defensive or offensive?
Definitely offensive but we will be defensive if one of our players cities is under fire.

5. Are you looking into forming pacts, NAPs, or merging in the near future?
Not really, but it depends on the alliance. Merges are fine if they are into us under our conditions.

6. What is your opinion of the other alliances? Any predictions?
Not yet as the world has only just started.

7. What is a must to join your alliance?
BP. My favorite formula that I made is: BP = CP = More Cities

Juggernaut
It is a very interesting story. Long time ago I played with a game called BattleForge. If you don't know the game, use google, lol. One of the most powerful units was called Juggernaut. I liked him 'cuz he was a true destroyer, and here my aim was to create a really strong ally, and I named my ally Juggernaut, to make people know that the fights with us won't be boring.

Not really, iviGh0stKill3eR and I came from US Pi.

I saw my members stats in other worlds so I think I have a lot of experienced members.

Mostly offensive.

No, after BP I am planning 1 or 2 pacts but nothing more.

It is too early in the world to say anything about other alliances.

Now we are not recruiting but if someone wants to join he or she must have nice stats in other worlds to have my trust.

Sesame Street
With clevering.

No.

I don't know, I think so.

No fight, just butterflies.

No, I am looking for a girlfriend.

I don't like politics.

A marine mammel.

8. Any final thoughts?
Don't kill me!

Shadow Legion
Name was suggested by one of my teammates. He told his idea, we agreed and that's it.

Some kind of pre-made. You couldn't find anything on forum tho. Talked to few friends and we decided to join together.

Looking at names can answer on that question itself. Future moves will be better answer on your question.

We didn't came here to watch if it's beautiful sun for beach, we came to fight. Offensive of course.

I'd like to keep answer on this question within walls of our castles.

It's too early to answer on this question.

To join our alliance you have to be active, offensive and willing to learn at least. Previous experience is welcome, but not main thing. Activity's on first place.

8. Any final thoughts?
I like this world. Hope project named Shadow Legion will be successful here. Let's have fun playing together. Looking forward to make new friends and foes around.

Chimera Elite
It comes from an alliance I was in once in another World and wanted to bring it back to life.

Well I have brought half the team from another world and the rest are new to me.

Yes. Most of my alliance are experienced and half have been playing for over 2 years.

I plan for us to be playing offensive here, I found Defensive playing you have no real control of your game.

I will not merge into any other alliance, I do pact but only ever with a couple of very trusted alliances.

I have not been in this world long enough to really comment on other alliance yet.

Being active every day, using the Forum as often as possible, Supporting and helping fellow team mates.

Chug a Lug
'Bout the only one I can help you with was i needed to make an alliance name in a hurry and was chugging a beer between setting things up and the name just came naturally to mind.

No it is a sporadically made alliance from many worlds.

Yes our mascot "Chuggy."

A fine mix of both.

Perhaps a PACT or two, No merges EVER.

We prefer they lose and we win.

Must be active, Loyal, experienced and must answer 20 skill testing questions.

8. Any final thoughts?
Can anyone give proof of which came first...the chicken or the egg?

Celestial Guardians
Names are just names but I just came to it because the word celestial has never been used in such alliance name in my entire career they usually use the word angel; anyway, celestial is more tougher to hear rather than an angel.

Yes it is.

Hmm, do I really need to explain this? Nah, it's for them to find out...really dont care if they don't believe and if they can't accept the reality...one things is for sure we dont lie, lol.

Hahaha for real? we are flexible but the thing is they can't bend us in any situation.

Merging? We have no space in such word in our vocabulary...no retreat no surrender I guess thats all I can say for now.

Prediction are just a big bump on my head...why don't we just keep moving forward and...we don't let the prediction push us it is us who will create this prediction.

These are the rules in joining us:
1) click our alliance profile 2) you must know how to read and understand what's written inside 3) annoy us

Pacific Rim
Well the co-founder liked the movie. It's a placeholder at the moment we are voting on a new one.

Yes it is.

All of our players have experienced at least one world before.

Still not too sure, we will have to wait and see until BP end and who our surrounding alliances would be. But we will be putting up a fight for sure!

At the moment we will wait until BP ends before consider any Pact, but we may get NAPs towards the end of BP.

Well, a lot of them seem to be with bad leadership from what I see. Yet some seem very experienced and will put up a strong fight. I think Celestial Guardians and The Fat Ladies would be on top, I hope that we would also achieve the same.

Well, we're like a family here we help each other out a lot and are constantly in contact and joke around, but when it comes to a fight, we will stand our ground. we can also offer great guidance and generally FUN!

8. Any final thoughts?
I'm very interested in how this world turns out. There are a lot of experienced players in pre-maid alliances. Survival will be tough and a great deal of coordination and great leadership will be needed.

The Fat Ladies
Coming up random names till we found a funny one.

More or less.

Everybody is experienced here, I think most have 1+ years and some like me have a crown.

I'd say look at the ABP stats once BP ends.

Nope, Nope and Hell NO.

All are noobs, I think Sesame Street will do alright, I was invited to their premade earlier, lol.

Experience, if I know you then you will have an edge, how aggressive you are and your skill as a player.

8. Any final thoughts?
It ain't over till the fat lady sings!

~Players~

LETHALEE
1. Why did you joined this world?
I wanted to start afresh.

2. What other worlds are you currently playing or have recently finished playing?
Paros.

3. What is your strategy to get ahead in the game?
A lot of button pushing every 5 min.

4. What do you expect after BP ends?
Chaos.

5. Do you recognize any names from previous worlds? Any potential threats?
N o o B K i l l e R from Nicea.

MiladyJayne
prefer revolt to conquest worlds.

2. What other worlds are you currently playing or have recently finished playing?
Currently playing Thebes but have a Cs landing in just over 2 hrs, lol.

GOLD, lol.

FUN FUN FUN as one of the few girls/women/females who play grepo need to show the boys how to do it.

Have friends here from Thebes and do recognise a few names...potential threats?...everyone!

DrivingKrunk
I joined this world because the time for me and the settings were perfect to my likings. Although I've never played a revolt world I hope it lives up to it's reputation.

I recently started playing Thebes and after making about 20k I realized I joined too late in the world to be in any alliance to my liking/to my skill so I quit and here I am. I did play on Marathon where I got my max of 150k points.

My strategy is simple I will be conquest ready asap and take my first city as soon as BP ends.

After BP ends I suspect a lot will happen. The top 4 alliances at the moment are all located in ocean 55, one alliance will have to dominate, will be exciting to see who comes out on top. The alliance I am in [Awkward Silence] shows a lot of activity and competitiveness. We will be a tough competitor in the competition for ocean 55.

bigjless - Very glad to have him on my team, great team player and very well experienced.
DeathwishX13 - THIS GUY. Don't look forward to facing this guy in battle, very experienced.

ivelin75
Good settings, the only disappointing is the revolt.

En50-Delos, en57-Lindos, en64-Thebes

Gold gold gold.

Heavy battles.

Yes, I do. As long as I have time to stay online, nobody can threat me! lol

cb627cb627
Well, my Mom said I should get out of the house. So I ran a couple cords out to the shed, then my friend said "hey you wanna play," then I said "ya."

I played a little in Paros, I got a second city there now.

Well, I try to focus on building my market so other people can send me stuff.

I guess I'll build a lot of hoplites because they're good defense and you can attack the farms and stuff with them.

Ya, Dobby Is pretty much my hero, he taught me everything he knows. Luckyjac and me played together in Omi, he taught me a lot too.

Special Guest: DeathwishX13
I like the settings besides revolt, figured I'd troll around for a bit. Saw some friends who were joining figured I'd give it a shot and play around here in my spare time.

Currently playing in Thebes where I'm the founder of Depraved Tendencies. Big shout out to all my homies and home-girls.

Poop out gold.

A good gentlemanly fight with the Celestial Guardians on my island ending with them becoming my farms.

I tend to get around, so of course I see a lot of familiar faces here. Out of the alliances formed so far the biggest threats and ones with the most potential are definitely RECKLESS RAIDERS & Sesame Street. Some top tier players hiding in both!

6. What do you think about the following quote from DrivingKrunk: "DeathwishX13 - THIS GUY. Don't look forward to facing this guy in battle, very experienced"?
Surprised, and absolutely honored my name was mentioned by such a great player and my name echoes through the oceans as a possible threat. I on the other hand look forward to possibly dancing with anyone here. Fighting players with experience is how you learn from your mistakes, learn new tactics, and better yourself as a fighter.

Last edited:

DeletedUser30490

Good read,
Try giving different questions to each alliance leader next time.
It's better than asking the same question from many people...

DeletedUser

haha everyone is using the same strategy - gold gold gold

DeletedUser15240

Was disappointed that najistan wasn't interviewed :(. Good interviews, but I would suggest more depth, a news article or controversy for example.

DeletedUser

LOL! I love SamuraiDragon's interview, was pretty funny.

Good paper! + Rep :D

DeletedUser33297

Cleverbot did well while helping out Sesame Street.

DeletedUser30111

Good read,
Try giving different questions to each alliance leader next time.
It's better than asking the same question from many people...

Agreed, but it was a good way to get a background on everyone and a good thing to do for a first issue while nothing was happening. But it the future, more specific questions would be better to read (and answer :p)

DeletedUser

Good job ... no word twists :)

+Rep.
Thanks Mina, I asked him if he wanted me to be humorous or serious and I tried to be as serious as I could :D

DeletedUser31385

Deathwish is well known and I heard this HATED by everyone on world 65.

DeletedUser28137

I do like the interviews. But, there is more to a paper than that.