Newspaper Apollonia Times Ninth Issue

DeletedUser30111

Have SS fought a war on their own yet

Didn't see you snuck this in there, yes we've fought a majority of our wars with just BORG, offensively atleast, FtB did provide some defense against SL. But I wouldn't say we've gotten offensive help from anyone as of yet.

DeletedUser

If i may add something, Renegades and Firefly Faction is one and the same. Lead by same player, so when they conqour alot of FF cities, they rlly just cleaning up their own ranks..

DeletedUser17561

In reality, we fight all our wars on our own. No part of any war plan that I have seen relies on someones else helping us out. There has never even been a mention of that when things are being planned

Had CT conducted their operations the same way, they would likely not be a footnote in this world under the "early casualty" column.

And let's be honest - there are far, far bigger offenders in the category or "egregious pacting for a false sense of superiority" category

DeletedUser

If SS was supported in a defensive way, they did not fight a war on their own.
The only way to fight a war on your own is to fight it on your own(Sounds logical, doesn't it?). < No support in any way, defensive or offensive.

DeletedUser30111

The only way to fight a war on your own is to fight it on your own(Sounds logical, doesn't it?). < No support in any way, defensive or offensive.

Yes in general, but look at our past wars.
CT was beaten after our first op, let's all be honest, FtB just pick up the scraps. Defensive support would have made little/no difference in that war, they had no time for an op.
SL/RD we've been going strong against for a long time now. No change in pace despite if we had someone supporting us.
All the "wars" in which an alliance was beaten in less than a couple days, RR, Jugg, Watchers, etc.

I agree, we have had help, but we haven't needed it, I may just be an overcautious person, it's a flaw :)

DeletedUser

It's a bit hard to look at your past wars, we weren't here in the beginning + we are stationed in 67.
I simply do not know much about you guys. I made a judgement of wat I read here in particular.

If you don't need the help, why use it? Fighting wars on your own is way more fun! :)

DeletedUser42608

Is that a serious question? I certainly don't like being surrounded by allies, but the reasons that any alliance would want to have at least one friendly alliance is numerous and endless. I don't think anyone can begin to logically answer that question to you if you haven't discovered some valid answers to it already on your own.

DeletedUser

Of course it is a serious question. If you don't need the help, you don't need it. Look at the answer sablestag gave me.

When you say you don't like being surrounded by allies, I interpret it as you are 'surrounded' right now. If that's the point, you do need help. I'm just giving a response to sablestag as he said you didn't need the help.

DeletedUser42608

My point being that there are lots of reasons to ask/accept help that you may not really "need" at that moment, and that I don't think you are going to get the enlightening diplomatic lesson/reasons from here that you are looking for. It seems to me a question like that is asked here simply for the purpose of stirring the pot.

DeletedUser

My point being that there are lots of reasons to ask/accept help that you may not really "need" at that moment, and that I don't think you are going to get the enlightening diplomatic lesson/reasons from here that you are looking for. It seems to me a question like that is asked here simply for the purpose of stirring the pot.

Not really exactly. It is possible to survive without, going out of your own strength. I am not saying that we can, or you, but there are some allies ;-). Bounding with other allies might be of use in some situations, but not in every single situation.

As a reaction to your last sentence: No, that wasn't one of the reasons. Just a serious question. If it wasn't for Unknown, you'd be fighting a war on your own ;-).

Here you go Vigintisexviri this shold help you out with your posts.

http://grepointel.com

Normally I used en.grepostats.com, but thank you..

DeletedUser

The only way to fight a war on your own is to fight it on your own(Sounds logical, doesn't it?). < No support in any way, defensive or offensive

Bounding with other allies might be of use in some situations, but not in every single situation.

I'm confused :p

DeletedUser

I don't see anyone claiming to have not had any kind of pact when fighting a war?

So...
It seems to me a question like that is asked here simply for the purpose of stirring the pot

DeletedUser

I don't see anyone claiming to have not had any kind of pact when fighting a war?

So...

--------------------------------------------------

Didn't see you snuck this in there, yes we've fought a majority of our wars with just BORG, offensively atleast, FtB did provide some defense against SL. But I wouldn't say we've gotten offensive help from anyone as of yet.

Yes in general, but look at our past wars.
CT was beaten after our first op, let's all be honest, FtB just pick up the scraps. Defensive support would have made little/no difference in that war, they had no time for an op.
SL/RD we've been going strong against for a long time now. No change in pace despite if we had someone supporting us.
All the "wars" in which an alliance was beaten in less than a couple days, RR, Jugg, Watchers, etc.

I agree, we have had help, but we haven't needed it, I may just be an overcautious person, it's a flaw :)

So...
If you continue reading from there, you'll find your answer. Take it as you want, I'm not here with the purpose of stirring the pot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30111

As a reaction to your last sentence: No, that wasn't one of the reasons. Just a serious question. If it wasn't for Unknown, you'd be fighting a war on your own ;-).

What does unknown have anything to do with anything?

DeletedUser3303

Pretty close, but FtB and SS are not actively fighting.
And we didn't ask Naji for help, but rather found ourselves a better ally.

This is my favorite comment.
Pretty much saying FTB are not good allies so we will ally with Naj instead, not a nice thing to say to a alliance that has been saving your bacon with lots of support.

DeletedUser3303

and im looking forward to seeing how many players SS try recruiting from FTB

DeletedUser

Well, I appreciate that must have taken some time to quote & requote. However i still do not see an alliance in question claiming to have fought a war without help.

Stirring the pot is the intention of the original question, not yours :)