DeletedUser32355

Apollonia.png
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2013

On this issue:
Wars and Stats
Interviews
Obituary

Wars and Stats
Something interesting happen this past week. Sesame Street broke their pact with Grezzily Adams (FTB) and allied with their previous enemy Najistan. So far there has only been one conquest by SS on GA in Ocean 55. As for wars, Sesame Street is still at war with "The Dogs" and "The Shadows." This week SS conquered 14 cities and lost only 1 to Shadow Legion, however out of those 14 cities 8 were owned by a player that had one inactive.

War StatsSesame Street vs The DogsSesame Street vs The Shadows
17 - 3​
41 - 7​
Now that Creepy Turtles are done, Grezzily Adams are conquering cities from any alliance that is on their path. However, they haven't made any move on Anonymous which is located on the center and northern parts of Ocean 54. GA also brought down Chug a Lug and looks like Public Enema is next. "The Dragonz" are also after Enema which will cause its destruction a lot faster. Signs of what is to come next are already showing as GA has already conquered several of The Dragonz' cities.

War StatsGrezzily Adams vs Chug a LugGrezzily Adams vs EnemaThe Dragons vs EnemaGrezzily Adams vs The Dragonz
14 - 0​
8 - 1​
13 - 1​
5 - 0​

A war that didn't last long was that between Isitaos Gods of War and Severed. A few days later after war was declared Severed collapsed.

War StatsIsitaos Gods of War vs Severed
Final Score
21 - 0​

In Ocean 75 Legion and Silver Knights are at war with each other.

War StatsLegion - Silver Knights
46 - 0​

Interviews
Sesame Street
What exactly happened between you and Grezzily Adams (FTB)?
Well when we started working with FtB it was with the basis of taking Creepy Turtles down, we didn't really have any long term goals or plans, just the immediate plan of taking them down. And when they were truly well and finished we looked at the playing field to make our next move. SS was still fighting Najistan, SL and RD. So I asked that FtB enter the fight against RD and SL being they were directly north of them. The response I got was something along the lines of "we have a NAP with SL that we would rather not break and we have control over RD" or something like that. I wasn't too bothered since we have made good headway against both these alliances recently.

Around the same time the leader of BORG started an argument in our leader skype chat. And while it did irritate most of us, people get in arguments all the time, and our alliance with BORG is strong, so I wasn't going to let 1 little argument get in the way of that. I guess I should back up, before we pacted with FtB they were planning on targetting BORG, and I knew that and had hoped I could dissuade them after CT was taken out. After this argument is when I found out they would not be dissuaded. SamuraiDragon decided to try and convince me to turn on BORG, which I said no thanks to. Later on I received an excerpt of a skype conversation in which SamuraiDragon threatened to "rim SS if they support BORG" and I don't take kindly to threats from my allies, so it was decided we could no longer work with FtB because of our now different goals and plans. All that being said, I hold no resentment toward FtB, I know they were playing strategically and they didn't really do anything wrong to us, our deal just ended. And I believe they feel the same way

Were you ever at war with Najistan or was all a show? Why did you two allied?
We were at war with Najistan, but it wasn't an active war, we were focused on taking out SL/RD and mainly defending against Naji, while they would target one city every few days or so. We allied out of mutual respect for each other, each alliance is good in their own right and we believe we can work together for the long term.
Najistan
What exactly happened between you and Sesame Street? Where you ever at war or was it all a show?
Of course we were at war. The pact was formed after I asked GA (PAV,FtB) and Unknown leaders to fight SS with us. They were all to scared, so I said to sable the same thing I said to everyone else, that I want one solid pact that's it, that we can play a long term game with. Sable wasn't interested until, either drama between pact members or us quickly moving into O55, when he wanted to consider it again.
Shadow Legion
With whom are you currently at war with?
Currently at war with Sesame Street and The Borg.

How is the war against Sesame Street going?
The war has been rough recently for some of our players, a number of our players switching sides or went inactive during our leadership reform, this left us open to a lot of attacks and a lot of loses.
Anonymous
Ocean 54 is filling pretty quick, are you not worried?
No worries its grepo people lose and gain cities, its the name of the game. Things are getting a bit hectic though, lots of cold war type tactics going on which makes things a pain but we will just keep moving along, stay honest and usually things work them selves out for the alliances that are in it for the long run.
Severed
Why did Severed fall so fast if you were doing so well in Ocean 66? What were some of the factors that allowed IGoW to succeed?
A few reasons I think. One being we were already fighting with Ridaz and family so we really didn't have the offensive troops to punch back as hard as they were punching. I don't think IGoW had or have had any enemies so they have had a plenty of opportunity to build up and prepare. It certainly goes well beyond that, however. They have some very skilled players as well and they were well organized. Regardless of the troop counts, they had skill and some organization. Without those two ingredients, troop counts mean little, so hats off to them on a well played offensive.
The Olympians
Is this a pre-made alliance?
Yes, majority of our membership joined together from another world.

Are there any experience players?
Yes, about 80% of us are experienced.

Any threat in Ocean 44?
Yes, but that's a secret.

There has been very few conquests so far, why is that so?
We are finalising our PACTS, gaining a strong compact core, then we will unleash.

Obituary

Pilomaf
Reason: Unknown; former Severed member

LuchiMate
Reason: Inactive; member of Severed

petol
Reason: Unknown; former member of SPARTANS N

magicdwarf67
Reason: Inactive; former member of Shadow Legion

The Crazy Grec
Reason: Unknown; former member of Shadow Legion

BigSteve5051
Reason: Inactive; member of Severed

Dik Tator
Reason: No one allowed him into their alliance
Severed
Reason: War against IGoW

Chug a Lug
Reason: Players need a reason to leave

BOOGIE MEN (aka Shadow Demons)
Reason: Some moved to form Shadow Legion 2

Firefly Faction
Reason: Joined Renegades

United with Honour
Reason: Joined New Life

Don't forget to +rep

Last edited:

DeletedUser30111

Good issue.
2 things I'd make a note on:
1) Not sure about the war stats with SL/RD vs SS RD seems high and SL seems low and is this including academies?
2) BOOGIE MEN fell because the council was unhappy with the leadership of SL and switched sides to BORG

DeletedUser

What exactly happened between you and Sesame Street? Where you ever at war or was it all a show?
Of course we were at war. The pact was formed after I asked GA (PAV,FtB) and Unknown leaders to fight SS with us. They were all to scared, so I said to sable the same thing I said to everyone else, that I want one solid pact that's it, that we can play a long term game with. Sable wasn't interested until, either drama between pact members or us quickly moving into O55, when he wanted to consider it again.

:D, i think it was more show than war,

DeletedUser38223

i dont know why everyone keeps saying that ...or why anyone would think that :p

DeletedUser38223

I really have no clue , have never talked to there leader before

DeletedUser

Watch, as GA pretend to have won another war :p
I am just trying to live up to that thing that thresh said about GA being the most SS like alliance from the top 10.

But eh, I wish we did.... would've been alot more fun and way more bps. However our skype chat was boomin though... still laughing at Mr. Drama Queen Mat :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser17561

I am just trying to live up to that thing that thresh said about GA being the most SS like alliance from the top 10.

But eh, I wish we did.... would've been alot more fun and way more bps. However our skype chat was boomin though... still laughing at Mr. Drama Queen Mat :p

Sable has a lot of responsibilities - so don't cite me as though he has not read what I have written - I don't speak for my alliance but I just periodically look at data and make educated guesses. I am usually correct.

I think GA is a very good alliance, based on the data I can collect. But having played a while there are other critical factors you cannot get from a database:

Size matters. Cohesion and activity matter more. Before you pick a fight, be very clear about your cohesion and activity level. One you walk through the door, you cannot go back. Not on us anyway. And I have seen many instances of a huge alliances falling apart at the first instance of real war. We have transacted a lot of real war.

DeletedUser

This explains why FtB AKA GA is now 18th. It took me sometime to get over that shock